Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #2201
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Carlisle's history is to radically transform the culture of a team, first and foremost. That's why the nitpicking and revisionism seems so ridiculous to me. Perhaps the reason why some see Carlisle as not being a guy who trusts young players is because he rarely coaches the type of team that relies upon young players (i.e., a non-competitive team).

Wonderful...I'm not totally sure this is carlisles mo but if so, wonderful, wonderful. I expect it is correct however as I see it happening with the release of defensive guys and the team honestly commits to defense and sharing the ball.

This stuff is important and long lasting..

Someone should send this post to Dwight and deron and ask them.....

Errrrr.... You see anything like this coaching in new jersey?

In Avery i still trust. Funny isn't to see a coach become a drawing card? ,ie popovich...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #2202
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Wonderful...I'm not totally sure this is carlisles mo but if so, wonderful, wonderful. I expect it is correct however as I see it happening with the release of defensive guys and the team honestly commits to defense and sharing the ball.

This stuff is important and long lasting..

Someone should send this post to Dwight and deron and ask them.....

Errrrr.... You see anything like this coaching in new jersey?

In Avery i still trust. Funny isn't to see a coach become a drawing card? ,ie popovich...
Yeah, I think that, at least to the smart players (the ones you would want), they have seen what Carlisle has done here in changing this team. We finally win a title, then lose what were considered some key cogs, lose our supposed defensive mastermind from our coaching staff, yet, somehow, here we are with several new pieces working our way up the standings ladder again. I hope that Mavs fans can appreciate what they are seeing right now, because it is the first time this franchise has had a coach as he was blossoming from good to very good to great right in front of our eyes.

I know how special it was for Spurs fans to witness that transformation in Pop, yet there are still Spurs fans who don't seem to know what they have in him. Pop is one bad dude. He consistently gets high productivity out of even the most average of players. It's coaches like Pop and Carlisle who make finding undervalued pieces with favorable contracts work. You could have just about the best front office in the NBA and still not have a coach who could take the pieces that FO acquired and make it work at a high level year in and year out.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #2203
Froggie

Froggie is on a distinguished road

Just to inform you that my work of the documentary with subtitle coming soon. I managed to download the video, to cut the parts concerning Dallas, to stick both parts and I translated all the documentary in a document .txt. That took me a lot of time.
Just one thing left: insert the translation in subtitle in the video.

On the other hand, I make a lot of error in English. I am afraid that my translation is bad (but understandable) in some part. I would like to know if somebody wants to correct my document text (spelling, syntax ...) before I insert it into the video?

(It's a little spoiler, so I understand if nobody wants to correct)

Thanks.
Froggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #2204
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ruh roh

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-like-beasley

""Sources say Dallas is about ready to move on from the Roddy Beaubois experiment. The Mavericks have thought for years that the talented young Frenchman could be another Tony Parker, but he has not been able to master the move from shooting guard to point guard. Nor has he been able to fill the void left by J.J. Barea. If they don't move him before this year's deadline, he could be gone over the summer. "*
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #2205
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ruh roh

""Sources say Dallas is about ready to move on from the Roddy Beaubois experiment. The Mavericks have thought for years that the talented young Frenchman could be another Tony Parker, but he has not been able to master the move from shooting guard to point guard. Nor has he been able to fill the void left by J.J. Barea. If they don't move him before this year's deadline, he could be gone over the summer. "*
WUT?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #2206
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ruh roh

Looks like he will finally be Free
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #2207
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

LO and Roddy for ??? Should get us something nice and honestly I wont miss much. Eapecially LO...
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #2208
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

LO and Roddy

For

Kirk Hinrich and T Mac

I dont think they wuld hurt the team. Hinrich can still play some D and run point. T Mac..well he is a secret Mavs fan, so he would give it his all and he can still play....def. would not be worse than Odom. Plus he is reunited with VC.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #2209
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ruh roh

That's probably true, they said it on ESPN! Anyway, it's pretty obvious, they would trade anybody not named Dirk at this point for an upgrade, and Roddy is maybe the only one who could net an (older) upgrade. It still won't happen. We won't get back multi year contracts, nor will give draft picks, also, we don't have any bad contract, if we can't get Howard in the summer, Haywood won't be amnestied, and Odom is an expiring. So we don't need to trade Roddy, just to get rid of a bad contract... because we don't have one.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 02-21-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #2210
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course they are willing to trade him over the summer...if they need it for DDD.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #2211
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

If it can net us an upgrade somewhere for the stretch run then I'm all for it. Problem is his value isn't nearly where it was at so we'd be selling low.

I don't think he's in future plans at this point anyways.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #2212
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ocalId=dal&wjb

The buzz is that Rodrigue Beaubois has gone from "pretty much untouchable" -- as Mark Cuban called the dynamic guard a couple of years ago -- to being quietly shopped.

That's what ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports in his TrueHoop post on trade rumors:

Sources say Dallas is about ready to move on from the Roddy Beaubois experiment. The Mavericks have thought for years that the talented young Frenchman could be another Tony Parker, but he has not been able to master the move from shooting guard to point guard. Nor has he been able to fill the void left by J.J. Barea. If they don't move him before this year's deadline, he could be gone over the summer.

Cuban said recently that Beaubois remains in the Mavs' long-term plans, but the Mavs' owner wasn't hooked up to a polygraph when he made that statement.

Beaubois' struggles since he broke his foot while training with the French national team in the summer of 2010 have been well chronicled. He's had some flashes of brilliance this season, but it seemed telling that Beaubois dropped back out of the rotation as soon as Jason Kidd returned from a strained right calf.

With Delonte West sidelined another month or so, there should be minutes available for Beaubois after the All-Star break, when he returns from a personal leave to grieve his father's death. However, it might be in the best interests of Beaubois to get a fresh start elsewhere in the near future.

Don't expect much in return for a player that Cuban claimed he'd only trade for a superstar two years ago. The Mavs would most likely get a draft pick -- and not a lottery pick, like they were offered in 2010.

This would be a financial move for the Mavs, who are trying to create as much salary cap space as possible this summer. Moving Beaubois in a salary dump, similar to the December deal the Mavs made to ship Corey Brewer and Rudy Fernandez to Denver, would clear another $2.23 million off the books.

Every couple of million counts when you're trying to land Dwight Howard and/or Deron Williams.

At this point, that possibility is more valuable than the reality of Roddy B.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #2213
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And btw: BROUSSARD

And they dont dump him at the deadline just to kill his contract. You easily find next summer a team with cap space that take him and his upside...

Last edited by sefant77; 02-21-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #2214
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

My link was MacMahon.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #2215
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I would be surprised if the Mavs moved him by the deadline. The injury of Delonte has put uncertainty into the guard rotation and his recovery and the Mavs assessment of that process will highly influence any decision. Unless they get a reliable replacement on an expiring back in a trade, which seems unlikely, I don't see it.

Roddy is averaging career highs in any category despite scoring, which reflects his adjustment of playing the point and as of now, I feel a lot better playing him over DoJo.

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-21-2012 at 12:19 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #2216
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
My link was MacMahon.
Even worse...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #2217
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
My link was MacMahon.
Who was piggy-backing on Broussard's report.

Dallas has almost zero incentive to trade Booby before the deadline unless its in a trade for an all-star type. He's important for backcourt depth, and he'll be easy to dump in the summer. That he'd be on the block in the summer, meanwhile, has been a foregone conclusion since it became apparent that the Mavs were prioritizing cap space. Nothing to see here.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #2218
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Who was piggy-backing on Broussard's report.

Dallas has almost zero incentive to trade Booby before the deadline unless its in a trade for an all-star type. He's important for backcourt depth, and he'll be easy to dump in the summer. That he'd be on the block in the summer, meanwhile, has been a foregone conclusion since it became apparent that the Mavs were prioritizing cap space. Nothing to see here.
I disagree and for that sam reason. If West comes back and struggles or jas more injury issues. I doubt they bet it all on Roddy being able to run the offense in the playoffs. So yea if everyone was healthy..mabe you sont look to trade Roddy...but with the situation what it is...if you can get a more reliable guard...especially if West takes a while to come back or struggles...then you do that.

As I mentioned above Hinrich would be nice....but i was just throwin something out there. Thers gotta be a few players that can be a better insurance foe us then Roddy.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #2219
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Let me ask this.. and maybe I'll get ripped for it but who cares. Do you think the Mavs and/or Suns would ever think about doing a Nash deal revolving around Roddy?

Roddy and LO works straight up for Nash. They get a point guard with upside while also getting an expiring (essentially) in LO. They aren't going anywhere and they are risking losing Nash while getting nothing in return.

The Mavs on the other hand are thin at the point guard position right now. Carlisle still does not trust Roddy, West is injured and they are doing their best to not give Kidd a ton of minutes. Nash is still in amazing shape, is still one of the best point guards in the league and would make for a formidable duo with different skillsets between he and Kidd. Plus, he's an expiring contract.

Thoughts?

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 02-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #2220
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Let me ask this.. and maybe I'll get ripped for it but who cares. Do you think the Mavs and/or Suns would ever think about doing a Nash deal revolving around Roddy?

Roddy and LO works straight up for Nash. They get a point guard with upside while also getting an expiring (essentially) in LO. They aren't going anywhere and they are risking losing Nash while getting nothing in return.

The Mavs on the other hand are thin at the point guard position right now. Carlisle still does not trust Roddy, West is injured and they are doing their best to not give Kidd a ton of minutes. Nash is still in amazing shape, is still one of the best point guards in the league and would make for a formidable duo with different skillsets between he and Kidd. Plus, he's an expiring contract.

Thoughts?
Wouldn't Phoenix want to explore other avenues before doing anything like this?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #2221
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Wouldn't Phoenix want to explore other avenues before doing anything like this?
I'm sure they would. It's not exactly the most attractive offer from the Mavs, but I'm also not sure how many teams are in the hunt for Steve Nash, or what they'd be willing to give up.

But yes, I'm sure if they were to make Steve Nash available they'd be exploring many different avenues.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #2222
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't sound like they're inclined to make a move. As far as I know, it's up to Nash and he's said that he wants to see things through with his contract and commitment to the Suns organization.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #2223
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I disagree and for that sam reason. If West comes back and struggles or jas more injury issues. I doubt they bet it all on Roddy being able to run the offense in the playoffs. So yea if everyone was healthy..mabe you sont look to trade Roddy...but with the situation what it is...if you can get a more reliable guard...especially if West takes a while to come back or struggles...then you do that.

As I mentioned above Hinrich would be nice....but i was just throwin something out there. Thers gotta be a few players that can be a better insurance foe us then Roddy.
Hinrich hasn't played at a level worthy of playoff minutes in a couple years, and TMac makes no sense on this team. I'd be somewhere in between puzzled and pissed if that trade happened.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #2224
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

how about LO and Roddyb for Dj. Augustin

Next season

Dj Augustin
Ray allen (FA)
Marion
Dirk
Howard (FA)

JET, Dojo, wright, mahimi, fillers(FA) etc

Haywood Amnesty.

just a random opinion. what ya think?
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #2225
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

We need a backup F.

Dirk/Marion/Carter shouldn't play heavy min.

And yes, Roddy and LO should be traded asap.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2226
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thers gotta be a few players that can be a better insurance foe us then Roddy.
You gotta look at it this way: We can only hope that West will recover 100%, otherwise it'll get shaky in the playoffs. That's what happens when key rotation guys get injured. And as far as I'm concerned, there's not a single end-of-the-bench-guard that I would trade for Roddy now (because that's what you would get).

He's putting up starters numbers so far this season. Not bad for your fifth string guard. I'd take the upside all day.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #2227
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Roddy won't play during the playoffs. Not a minute.

G: Kidd/West
G: Carter/Jet
SF: Marion/****
PF: Dirk/****
C: Haywood/****

is SET.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #2228
AO41
Platinum Member

Hinrich can still play...at a hogh level...I can bet on that. And if we were to be short on PGs and God forbid Kidd wasnt able to go in the playoffs for a few games. I would much rather have Hinrich as that last resort PG.

Again T Mac...is not great. But I am alao willing to bet that he fits beyter and provides more than LO
Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #2229
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hinrich can still play...at a hogh level...I can bet on that. And if we were to be short on PGs and God forbid Kidd wasnt able to go in the playoffs for a few games. I would much rather have Hinrich as that last resort PG.

Again T Mac...is not great. But I am alao willing to bet that he fits beyter and provides more than LO
I've always liked Kirk's game, but I'm not sure what his contract situation is like.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #2230
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I've always liked Kirk's game, but I'm not sure what his contract situation is like.
He's an expiring this season.

Not a bad guy to have on your bench, but the Hawks are having a good season and Hinrich is part of that success. Since both he and Odom are expirings, the only reason they would be interested in LO is if they wanted to exercise his team option next season - otherwise they're just trading for Roddy, and he still seems like too much of a project player for a team that feels like they're right in the thick of things.

I just don't see Atlanta messing with their chemistry unless they can get an instant-impact player, and neither Odom or Roddy qualify at this point...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #2231
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Not a bad guy to have on your bench, but the Hawks are having a good season and Hinrich is part of that success. Since both he and Odom are expirings, the only reason they would be interested in LO is if they wanted to exercise his team option next season - otherwise they're just trading for Roddy, and he still seems like too much of a project player for a team that feels like they're right in the thick of things.

I just don't see Atlanta messing with their chemistry unless they can get an instant-impact player, and neither Odom or Roddy qualify at this point...
Agree.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #2232
j0Shi
Diamond Member

One question I really like within the most recent db.com headline (can't read story, no insider...):

Quote:
Are they ‘shopping’ him at the same moment the kid is arranging his dad’s funeral? Really?
I know it's business, but hey... just think about that for one moment.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #2233
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
how about LO and Roddyb for Dj. Augustin

Next season

Dj Augustin
Ray allen (FA)
Marion
Dirk
Howard (FA)

JET, Dojo, wright, mahimi, fillers(FA) etc

Haywood Amnesty.

just a random opinion. what ya think?
If you wonna piss off Deron Williams agent by sending Odom to one of the worst teams in the NBA being the Bobcats then go right ahead.

Last edited by Thomas86; 02-21-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #2234
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Hinrich came off the injury list 14 games ago and is putting up worst stats than Roddy. He has been a big part of there 6-8 success since his return as well

Atlanta would mess with their chemistry to dump salary since Josh Smith will be a free agent soon. Marvin Williams, according to Broussard, is on the trading block too.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #2235
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

I'd take TMac in a second. The guy can fit into our system with his playmaking ability. I still watch him play and it's just smooth, effortless basketball he provides, especially running pick and rolls.

Do you think Cuban would be interested in Chris Andersen? We don't have to give up Roddy for him but I think Andersen is one of the more reliable backup centers in this league. Blocks shots, hustles, rebounds... all you can ask for.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #2236
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Kirk/Tmac offer. The talent moving around may not favor the Mavericks but I think it's a better fit. Of course, there is some cap benefit, too.

Kirk isn't Chicago Kirk but if he can be another version of Delonte West for half a year, good stuff. Veteran combo guard with good size and willingness to D it up. You gotta like having Kidd, JET, West, Kirk, VC and TMac as your stable of guards for the playoffs.

TMac mostly gives us some small forward depth to rest Marion a bit. This also allows some breathing room for Wright to peek into the 4 spot. Cardinal and Marion will also supplement there. TMac could be another VC for us basically (maybe less attacking and lift). They are cuzos.

LO gives ATL a little more size, which they need (they got Erick Dampier on a second 10-day contract). Roddy can find a real backup role behind Teague.

Maybe they throw in a couple 2nd rounders, too.

EDIT:
You guys are making Kirk sound awful. He does have a godawful +/-. Maybe we get a 1st out of it.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 02-22-2012 at 12:12 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #2237
sefant77
Guru

McGrady? Seriously? The guy that just TALKS since years how great he feels again and that he is "back" etc?

If there is any McGrady trade suggestion that doesnt include Dwight/Deron in the future...then its time for the red dots.

And im not trading Roddy with Marion still on the roster and Dwight still in Orlando.

Last edited by sefant77; 02-22-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #2238
dude1394
Guru

Is this kind of a new trend. Normal folks get three days off...what will this be,
two weeks?

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...-all-star.html
"After Monday's game against Boston, Rick Carlisle told reporters that Roddy Beaubois is coping as well as could be expected after the unexpected death of his father last week.

Beaubois remains with his family and will do so until he's ready to return. The game plan, Carlisle said, is to get Beaubois a couple of hard workouts when he returns to town and have him ready to play after the All-Star break, which begins Thursday and ends for the Mavericks next Tuesday against New Jersey.

With Delonte West expected to be out beyond the All-Star break, there should be opportunities for Beaubois to play upon his return."
Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #2239
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
McGrady? Seriously? The guy that just TALKS since years how great he feels again and that he is "back" etc?

If there is any McGrady trade suggestion that doesnt include Dwight/Deron in the future...then its time for the red dots.

And im not trading Roddy with Marion still on the roster and Dwight still in Orlando.
TMac on this team >>>>> Odom on this team. Tmac can still easly put up 10+ points and without trying or killing the offensive flow.

He will give a few assists and rebounds in his limited time and will give a boost to tje offense to any lineup he is plugged in as opposed to LO.

** THE people that are all negative aboit T mac are having the aame reaction as they did with VC...without knowing much. And hea just as much of a bargain.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #2240
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is this kind of a new trend. Normal folks get three days off...what will this be,
two weeks?
Are you serious? Do you not understand how hard it must be to lose a parent? I can't imagine the pain Roddy is going through, have some sympathy.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid