Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #2241
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Are you serious? Do you not understand how hard it must be to lose a parent? I can't imagine the pain Roddy is going through, have some sympathy.
I don't begrudge him his grief and if his employer allowed him a year off, good for him, nice contract. Many of us have lost both parents and in some cases younger siblings. We've probably all gone through it. But as I mentioned, most real jobs are three days total so I was wondering if this has become more prevelant.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-22-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Snarky comment
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #2242
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Roddy+Lamar+XXX for deron or Howard.

this is the right way!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #2243
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't begrudge him his grief and if his employer allowed him a year off, good for him, nice contract. Many of us have lost both parents and in some cases younger siblings. We've probably all gone through it. But as I mentioned, most real jobs are three days total so I was wondering if this has become more prevelant.
This just isn't true. Most people with a job of any importance to their company are going to get plenty of flexibility from their employer for an unexpected death of someone close to them.

They might have to use some vacation, but saying that most jobs are going to take a hard line stance and demand you back in three days is ridiculous.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #2244
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Roddy should get "plenty of flexibility" after his father's death.....

BUT

This guy is getting PLENTY of flexibility since he became a MAV.

And he did absolutely NOTHING to actually "pay it back" during the stretches when he is OK. Just like Josh Howard (after he signed his big contract).

Manu Ginobili for example is also "always injured", but when he is healthy then he is giving 210%. This is how you earn "flexibility" and respect from your team.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-22-2012 at 11:19 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #2245
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Roddy should get "plenty of flexibility" after his father's death.....

BUT

This guy is getting PLENTY of flexibility since he became a MAV.

And he did absolutely NOTHING to actually "pay it back" during the stretches when he is OK. Just like Josh Howard (after he signed his big contract).

Manu Ginobili, for example is also "always injured", but when he is healthy then he is giving 210%. This is how you earn "flexibility".
Putting in hard work on the court has absolutely nothing to do with getting time off to grieve his father's death.

You sound like a callous douche...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #2246
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

It has.

It tells you that you better work hard and play good (for your team/-mates), becasue you never know what the next day brings for you on or off the court. And i am not sure if Roddy has this kind of attitude.

And plz. stop insulting other users. It is getting boring. Really.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-22-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #2247
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It tells you that you better work hard and play good (for your team/-mates), becasue you never know what the next day brings for you on or off the court. And i am not sure if Roddy has this kind of attitude.
That's f*cking ridiculous.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-22-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #2248
markus1234
Platinum Member

del

Last edited by markus1234; 02-22-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: EOT
Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #2249
Underdog

Quote:
del
Why'd you delete your post - trying to be the bigger man?

You should've tried that strategy before you started bagging on a guy for grieving over his dead father. I don't know if you've ever lost anybody close to you, but it isn't something you just get over, no matter how much you get paid or how many spoiled fans think you should suck it up and move on...

Kudos to Mark Cuban for handling this situation like a human being.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-22-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #2250
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I think a week off is not unrealistic for most people with "real jobs". The three day thing is an old school mentality and maybe the official bereavement time but I think most smart offices don't enforce that rigidly if they can afford not to. It's not just about having some physical body back in the workplace. If they are mentally are out of it, it's probably a negative for everybody.

As for basketball, Amare recently got several games off.

I imagine Roddy had to go back overseas so it makes sense to include a couple extra days for travel. Along with the timing of the All-Star break, it makes sense to give him a few extra days vs pressuring him back for one game or practice before the break. I'm sure his teammates understand.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #2251
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This just isn't true. Most people with a job of any importance to their company are going to get plenty of flexibility from their employer for an unexpected death of someone close to them.

They might have to use some vacation, but saying that most jobs are going to take a hard line stance and demand you back in three days is ridiculous.

My bad...I had forgot about flex time. Im pretty sure the bereavement time is three days usually. I think I've just been noticing in the last decade or so longer bereavements being taken. Do football guys miss a lot of time? I admit I haven't paid a ton of attention, but I think another player just had something like this happen ( maybe Carmelo ) and I was surprised at the length. I still am honestly.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-22-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Dang iPad keyboard space bar.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #2252
Underdog

Quote:
My bad...I had forgot about flex time. Im pretty sure the bereavement time is three days usually. I think I've just been noticing in the last decade or so longer bereavements being taken. Do football guys miss a lot of time? I admit I haven't paid a ton,of attention, but I think another player justmhadmsomething like this happen ( maybe Carmelo ) and I was surprised at the length. I still am honestly.
Playing sports for a living isn't like most jobs - it's all about emotion, unlike pushing pencils, answering phone calls or even dealing with clients. A sad players is a bad player - look no further than Lamar Odom for proof.

Besides, Roddy was already DNP-CD, so it's not like his absence is affecting the team...

Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #2253
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Playing sports for a living isn't like most jobs - it's all about emotion, unlike pushing pencils, answering phone calls or even dealing with clients. A sad players is a bad player - look no further than Lamar Odom for proof.

Besides, Roddy was already DNP-CD, so it's not like his absence is affecting the team...
To be honest I'm not trying to make anything of it, although because of my well known love for roddy I can see this being interpreted as so. Just actually curious because 2 weeks is a pretty long time in sports.

But to put on my dark side hat ( since you mention Lamar ) I see the great ones just buckle down and play harder. Kobe during trial, dirkster during wild ass lady eviction, etc. im sure that type of mindset is a separator as well.

I actually do think roddys absence is hurting the team without delonte, but dojo gets to make his case.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-22-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #2254
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
To be honest I'm not trying to make anything of it, although because of my well known love for roddy I can see this being interpreted as so. Just actually curious because 2 weeks is a pretty long time in sports.
Its a one week thing just like Amare and Brewer. He will be back in town during the All-star break in which the team will put him through individual workouts.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #2255
Underdog

Quote:
Like I said, he was already DNP-CD, so giving him more time off probably isn't a problem. Better to let him work through his grief at home than on the bench.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #2256
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

dont trust broussards "sources"
Old 02-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #2257
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

It's perfectly fine that Roddy's taking his time and great that he's allowed to take his time. In instances like this, it's impossible anyway to say that three or four or five (or however many) days are appropriate and a person should be expected to function just fine immediately afterwards. Being only 23 and unexpectedly losing a parent must be one of the worst things possible. Not to mention that three days are hardly enough to even arrange the funeral. While some people might actually seek work to get distracted, other people literally can't do anything for quite some time after losing a close person.

Not too long ago, there was a father in my neighborhood who lost his 22-year-old son due to an accident. Just tragic. He got a sick note for three full weeks from his doctor. No questions even asked, probably.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #2258
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post

Not too long ago, there was a father in my neighborhood who lost his 22-year-old son due to an accident. Just tragic. He got a sick note for three full weeks from his doctor. No questions even asked, probably.
That must have been devastating.. My condolences.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #2259
Froggie

Froggie is on a distinguished road

Mark Cuban said on ESPN that Roddy is not for sale:
"He is not for sale. It's that they say in New Orléans because they always wanted him"
Froggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #2260
Froggie

Froggie is on a distinguished road

" We don't try to change, except if we make us an offer that we cannot refuse. We don't want to upset everything. We think that we have a good team which has not played its best basketball yet.
He is not for sale. It's that they say in New Orléans because they always wanted him"

Last edited by Froggie; 02-23-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Froggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #2261
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie View Post
" We don't try to change, except if we make us an offer that we cannot refuse. We don't want to upset everything. We think that we have a good team which has not played its best basketball yet.
He is not for sale. It's that they say in New Orléans because they always wanted him"
I wonder was it the Hornets who were offering the low lottery pick for Roddy? They had the 11th overall pick in the 2010 draft, in which they selected Cole Aldrich.

That was odd for Cuban to call out the Hornets though. Did the Hornets start the trade rumor?
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #2262
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that the mouth of the rumor was Broussard is a pretty big tip-off that it probably originated somewhere other than Dallas, and if it came from somewhere other than Dallas it's all but guaranteed that whichever team fed him the rumor is trying to drive down Booby's price.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #2263
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

chris broussard "sources" are about as good as mine and I have none!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #2264
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post

That was odd for Cuban to call out the Hornets though. Did the Hornets start the trade rumor?
i agree. maybe he's still refering to the chris paul trade. i have no idea.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #2265
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
chris broussard "sources" are about as good as mine and I have none!!
I think he noticed the DNP's of Beaubois and used that as his source.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #2266
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I wonder was it the Hornets who were offering the low lottery pick for Roddy? They had the 11th overall pick in the 2010 draft, in which they selected Cole Aldrich.

Could be, they do have the French Quarters down there.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #2267
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Btw I'm trying to fix my image here. I maybe didn't put enough thought into my posts in the past. But I don't want to leave this site either. I will make sure from now on to think well before I post. I know I told Underdog I would stop posting here but it is just too hard considering how much I enjoy talking about the Mavs.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-23-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #2268
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

he sucks. Sale him.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #2269
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
he sucks. Sale him.
They can't - as long as his english is superior to yours.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #2270
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Btw I'm trying to fix my image here. I maybe didn't put enough thought into my posts in the past. But I don't want to leave this site either. I will make sure from now on to think well before I post. I know I told Underdog I would stop posting here but it is just too hard considering how much I enjoy talking about the Mavs.
I can't speak for UD directly, but I sincerely doubt anybody will hold it against you or want you to leave if you post thoughtful things. Despite what some may tell you, this is a very, very reasonable place.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #2271
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Despite what some may tell you, this is a very, very reasonable place to discuss whether Jeremy Lin is an All-Star or a Hall-of-Famer.
Fire in the hole!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #2272
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Fire in the hole!
Hahaha. Rep.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #2273
Underdog

Quote:
I can't speak for UD directly, but I sincerely doubt anybody will hold it against you or want you to leave if you post thoughtful things. Despite what some may tell you, this is a very, very reasonable place.
Actually read these posts, don't just skim over them...

On losing Barea and Chandler:

Quote:
There is always next year. At this point, I'm just interested in watching our bench. Our starters are just too old.

On Stevenson signing with the Nets:

Quote:
I guess Cuban is giving up on this season to rebuild for 12-13 season.

On signing Vince Carter:

Quote:
Stevenson>Carter at this point in their careers. All because Carter's defense is horrible.
Quote:
lol Thinking Carter is a replacement for Barea. And no he doesn't get to the rim at will. He is basically a jump shooter who can't play defense.
Quote:
I think Rudy is going to have a breakout year while Vince Carter is on the downside of his career to take it lightly. Way past his prime.

On signing Rudy Fernandez:

Quote:
As long as Fernandez is the new bench warmer, I'm ok. If they expect more from him a la Van Horn, it could hurt us.

On the first game of the season (after the amnesty period expired):

Quote:
Time to amnesty Haywood. He is horrible.

On our first loss to Minny:

Quote:
Hopefully the Mavs can get a high pick. Would encorage Howard and D. Williams to come here.

On Rick Carlisle's coaching abilities:

Quote:
But yeah no doubt the bench should be a big part of our team. Carlisle taking away our depth by overplaying the starters kills our team.
Quote:
Carlisle just doesn't like young players. He will always play the vets if given the choice. Unless Roddy plays out of his mind, he has no chance of making the rotation. This team has too many guards. It's good for injuries but someone will get left out and guess who Carlisle picks.

On his greatest contribution to the board (and proudest moment of his life):

Quote:
I realized that being negative helped this team to win. Just like Cuban's quirk to be quiet though would help, I stuck with it. Yes I was willing to get a lot of Mavs fans against me in the process. But I felt it was good karma. I probably took it too far but I didn't care. Thanks to all who understood what I was after. Proudest moment of my life.

And that's all post-championship... If you go back far enough, you can find entries about Dirk being soft, trading Harris for Kidd will destroy the Mavs and that Roddy should play over Barea in the playoffs because Rick Carlisle isn't half the coach that Avery Johnson was - not to mention that he picked against the Mavs in EVERY playoff series last season!

That dumb f*ck can drag his sorry ass back to Spurstalk or the Bulls forum or wherever else he likes to troll... You guys might have short memories, but the words he posted on this site are there forever - he'll get no clemency from me.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-24-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #2274
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Underdog again.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #2275
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Those back-to-back quotes on Rudy before and after he left the team confirm this is a troll.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #2276
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Well it looks like I got in a habit of being negative over many different things. Thanks for setting me straight on how bad of a poster I can be and to learn from mistakes. I know I can't change the past but I will learn from my mistakes. The reverse jinx thing was a little ridiculous as well. Tbh, after that Portland series I felt like this was a special team.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #2277
LonghornDub

Quote:
Actually read these posts, don't just skim over them...

That dumb f*ck can drag his sorry ass back to Spurstalk or the Bulls forum or wherever else he likes to troll... You guys might have short memories, but the words he posted on this site are there forever - he'll get no clemency from me.
Meh. I obviously agree that he hasn't contributed anything useful so far, but if he changes course and starts to offer thoughtful commentary, I'm fine with him. It's not an issue of "short memory" or "clemency." He didn't sleep with my girlfriend or murder my family.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-24-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #2278
Underdog

Quote:
He didn't sleep with my girlfriend or murder my family.
I've seen you get into it with members of this board for much less than what I re-posted above...

Old 02-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #2279
LonghornDub

Quote:
I've seen you get into it with members of this board for much less than what I re-posted above...
Hell, I've gotten into it with him (even as recently as last week), and I'd continue to do so without reservation if he keeps posting dumb*ss stuff. But i don't want to assume that nobody can ever change.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #2280
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Yeah I talked about his posts on spurstalk especially during last years playoffs

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid