Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #2281
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Yeah, and Greg Ostertag was on that Utah team. He's probably top-10 all time as far as centers go.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #2282
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Yeah, and Greg Ostertag was on that Utah team. He's probably top-10 all time as far as centers go.

At the risk of looking like an idiot because you're the resident comic...

Wilt
Russell
Kareem
Shaq
Hakeem
Moses
Mikan
Admiral
Walton
Ewing
----------
Reed
Howard
Thurmond
Cowens
Mourning
Unseld
Yao
Sabonis

I'd take Shawn Bradley before I'd take Ostertag.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #2283
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays View Post

At the risk of looking like an idiot because you're the resident comic...

Wilt
Russell
Kareem
Shaq
Hakeem
Moses
Mikan
Admiral
Walton
Ewing
----------
Reed
Howard
Thurmond
Cowens
Mourning
Unseld
Yao
Sabonis

I'd take Shawn Bradley before I'd take Ostertag.
*sigh*

Edit: Also something to look at is the number of players on this roster that the Mavs have beaten in the playoffs.

Cardinal ('06 Grizzllies)
Marion ('06 Suns)
Stevenson ('01 Jazz)
Stojakovic ('03 Kings)

I wonder how that compares to other champions.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 06-27-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #2284
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
*sigh*
Ah, I must have not gotten your hilarious joke.

My bad.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #2285
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_st3qa5u8
Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #2286
oiboyz

oiboyz is on a distinguished road

^ That's hilarious. "Who's coughing now?" But it makes me feel sorry for Lebron and Chris Bosh... everyone's piling on them!

Since this is a random Dirk thread, this picture of him with the fever in Game 4 is adorable. He looks like a grumpy bear awakened from hibernation.

oiboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #2287
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiboyz View Post
^ That's hilarious. "Who's coughing now?" But it makes me feel sorry for Lebron and Chris Bosh... everyone's piling on them!

Since this is a random Dirk thread, this picture of him with the fever in Game 4 is adorable. He looks like a grumpy bear awakened from hibernation.

Fuck those pussies.

Here is some more Dirk magic baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpPhpotcxk8

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #2288
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxM--wkRz_s

Dirk in Würzburg!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #2289
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
Way cool.. And I bet the dirkster liked hells bells also.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #2290
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

He did. And by the way, Dirk's greatness will never leave Dallas. Stated that he will be a Maverick for life. No when, but or if. Will finish his career here.

Also, Dirk is one funny dude. Concerning his subpar first half in Game 6, he said that was just a "Red Herring" - a diversionary tactic

He also sang "We are the Champions" in front of 12 000 frenetic Würzburger fans.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #2291
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
He did. And by the way, Dirk's greatness will never leave Dallas. Stated that he will be a Maverick for life. No when, but or if. Will finish his career here.

Also, Dirk is one funny dude. Concerning his subpar first half in Game 6, he said that was just a "Red Herring" - a diversionary tactic

He also sang "We are the Champions" in front of 12 000 frenetic Würzburger fans.
I'd like to see a dirkster encore of we are the champions. I've been humming that song to myself for a couple of weeks now.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #2292
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

wish I could find the Nike ad of 4-6 years ago - that had a Kobe and other all stars playing a game and in walks Dirk. Can't remember the whole context but I do remember it was awesome!

I did find this one of a younger Dirk hitting at least 7 or 8 three's at night and hits the rim on one and that sound wakes up the whole neighborhood.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2HO3A6...%3DLMEVkqG2Qto

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 06-28-2011 at 01:48 PM.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #2293
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap:

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #2294
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Holy crap:

did it wrong

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #2295
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
did it wrong
No idea what you're talking about whatsoever.

*edit* Now I see. Picture was working fine on my browser but it didn't show up when I hit refresh. It's the one Rick posted below.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-28-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #2296
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'd like to see a dirkster encore of we are the champions. I've been humming that song to myself for a couple of weeks now.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #2297
gmb

gmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nice

Dirk is nominated for a Teen Choice Award! Please vote
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #2298
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ricks pic isn't showing up for me either :/

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #2299
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

El Dirko's Lego Statue!
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #2300
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

One-handed dunks galore and lots of plays for the National Team. Great stuff!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-30Z...eature=related
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #2301
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Did I miss this being posted at some point?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #2302
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

That you did.

But I don't mind seeing it again.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #2303
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM View Post
El Dirko's Lego Statue!
Rumors say this statue was built by LeBron's bricks...

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #2304
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #2305
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

SPIEGEL Interview with NBA Star Dirk Nowitzki
Old 07-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #2306
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"If Dirk was win the title with this team...it would really be up there with one of the great feats (in NBA History)." - Bill Simmons on the May 18th BS Report (at the 24:07 mark).

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-05-2011 at 01:15 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #2307
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
That you did.

But I don't mind seeing it again.
Nor I. Notice how redundant posts and video do not seem so redundant anymore.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #2308
dude1394
Guru

Dirk puts the hammer down on a younger Rick Carlisle with hair.

He shoots a rainbow at the end so that if he misses it, it'll bounce all over the place I guess??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqoJF...eature=related
Old 07-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #2309
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
"If Dirk was win the title with this team...it would really be up there with one of the great feats (in NBA History)." - Bill Simmons on the June 18th BS Report (at the 24:07 mark).
Thanks, that was great to listen to again, knowing that he'd already done it. It was the May 18th BS Report, though, not June 18th.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #2310
stuportremens

stuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
That's a great interview. I especially liked the part where he talked about drumming to improve his basketball game.
stuportremens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #2311
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
That was one nice interview.. Very nice stuff. Playing the drums IS a difficult thing, disassociating your hands and feet.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #2312
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

I really liked the interview because it reinforced the fact that Dirk is just an overall classy, humble, professional guy. My favorite examples:

Quote:
SPIEGEL: The game was still going on when you fled. There were still a couple of seconds on the clock.

Nowitzki: I only know that many of our PR people ran after me. They yelled: "Stay here. You can't do that. The trophy is going to be presented." I said: "I don't want it." I got into the shower, pressed my face into a towel and began to cry. Then I heard them yelling again. "Dirk!" I said: "They should give it to someone else." Not exactly worthy of a champion, is it?

SPIEGEL: After your victory in the finals, US papers printed a photo-montage showing you as a nanny with black babies on your arm. The children bore the faces of star players like LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, among others, both of whom are known for their luxurious lifestyles. Is it now your duty to educate such players?

Nowitzki: Of course not. American basketball needs players like James and Wade, but the NBA also needs down-to-earth people like me. We players are all part of a show, and it only works in the long term if there is variety, when there is something there for everybody.

SPIEGEL: You have long been reserved when it comes to sponsoring gigs. Is that going to change in the future?

Nowitzki: There certainly isn't a shortage of offers. You wouldn't believe how many watch manufacturers have sent me their models. Just like that. I give them all away. I am satisfied with what I have. How crazy do you have to be when you can afford everything but still clutter up your life with all sorts of advertising appointments? No thanks.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #2313
dude1394
Guru

The dirkster hitting some tennis balls. Just like when he threw out the first pitch, does the dude do anything not full out, he's wailing on those things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSY2...eature=related
Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #2314
LonghornDub

Quote:
SPIEGEL: You are now a German-American idol .

Nowitzki: To be honest, I slowly have the feeling that I'm not cut out for such moments.

SPIEGEL: What do you mean?

Nowitzki: Well, at the very least I don't behave terribly competently. I feel ashamed when the entire focus is on me. I think people can see that. In public appearances, I am stiff as a board.
And yet he clearly feels quite comfortable and content in the presence of his MFFL family in Dallas. He was far, far from "stiff" during the parade and celebration. Looked right at home.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #2315
dude1394
Guru

He's crossed over something...he's really, really at peace with himself.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #2316
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
He's crossed over something...he's really, really at peace with himself.
Yeah, achieving your life-long goal can do that to a man...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-05-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #2317
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
And yet he clearly feels quite comfortable and content in the presence of his MFFL family in Dallas. He was far, far from "stiff" during the parade and celebration. Looked right at home.
This.

I have never seen Dirk so ecstatic, so relieved and so happy ever since the end of the finals.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #2318
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
It was the May 18th BS Report, though, not June 18th.

I don't know what you're talking about....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #2319
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

this may have been posted before but - wow - I love this guy

Dirk Nowitzki: Dallas parade was an 'unbelievably intense feeling,' 'I trembled'

By JON MACHOTA
Special contributor to SportsDayDFW.com
Published 05 July 2011 02:22 PM

Dirk Nowitzki has lived in the United States for nearly 13 years, and a lot has changed since he first stepped on American soil. Nowitzki has gone from an unknown German basketball star with a struggling franchise to the face of an NBA champion.

During a recent interview with Spiegel Online International, the 33-year-old discussed the journey of becoming one of the most recognizable sports figures in the U.S.

“At the beginning I was condescended to and laughed at,” Nowitzki said. “‘The nice boy from Germany will never make it,’ people said. Still, I never gave up. Now, I have been celebrated by 250,000 people in Dallas at the championship parade. That was an unbelievably intense feeling. I trembled.”

And even with the Dallas Mavericks finally winning a title and Nowitzki being named Finals MVP, he still remains humble.

“I don't think that I played all that exceptionally in the Finals,” Nowitzki said. “If we hadn't played so well together as a team, it would have been disastrous. When the whistle blew to end the sixth and decisive game, blood rushed to my head. Without even thinking about what I was doing, I ran toward the locker room.”

The lengthy interview included questions about of how Nowitzki’s life has changed over the last month. Lucrative sponsorship deals and gifts from celebrities have been among the highlights.

Nowitzki was thrilled to receive an autographed boxing glove from Muhammad Ali. The gift included the inscription “You are the greatest.” Nowitzki said he sent Ali a golden basketball “with a similar inscription.”

As far as the endorsement deals, Nowitzki doesn't sound interested.

“There certainly isn't a shortage of offers. You wouldn't believe how many watch manufacturers have sent me their models. Just like that. I give them all away. I am satisfied with what I have. How crazy do you have to be when you can afford everything but still clutter up your life with all sorts of advertising appointments? No thanks.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-trembled_.ece
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #2320
Rick41
Diamond Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ft-after-title

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki revealed a very special gift he received from one of the world's all-time great athletes after winning the NBA championship.

The Dallas Mavericks' NBA Finals MVP told the German publication Der Spiegel during an interview published Tuesday on its website (Spiegel Online International).

Here's the exchange:

SPIEGEL: Did any German politicians call to congratulate you?

Nowitzki: I think that (German Chancellor) Angela Merkel called my adviser. I'm not totally sure. But do you know what made me the happiest?

SPIEGEL: What?

Nowitzki: Muhammad Ali sent me a package.

SPIEGEL: What was in it?

Nowitzki: A boxing glove with the inscription: "You are the greatest." Please don't ask me immediately about the political meaning of the gift. I was simply happy and sent Ali a golden basketball with a similar inscription.
I wonder how many gloves Ali has sent Kobe?

Last edited by Rick41; 07-05-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer