Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 PM   #201
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
The deal isn't official right?

So couldn't we give Sacramento a better offer? I mean, it's not they have an allegiance with Houston...
They agreed to the deal. It would be bad business to go back on it at this point.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #202
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That's what Cleveland and Boozer thought

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #203
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boozer going back on his word isn't going to change the way teams deal with him in the future. He'll still be in demand when his contract expires. Reputation is a little more important to a team making calls everyday looking to deal. They're not negotiating from the position of strength that Boozer is so they need to be trusted.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:24 PM   #204
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
I totally forgot about the Celtics (don't know why), so I edited my post just before you quoted me. I'll put Artest in the top 12 or so. Still, that's arguable three players on one team in the top 12 or so.

What?
Lebron James
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Deron Williams
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Amare Stoudamire
Steve Nash
Dwight Howard

Could come up with those 12 names easy and I don't see how you can even make a CASE that Artest is better than any of those players. Thus, saying he's top 12 is irrational... Artest is more like a top 25 player.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #205
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Lebron James
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Deron Williams
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Amare Stoudamire
Steve Nash
Dwight Howard

Could come up with those 12 names easy and I don't see how you can even make a CASE that Artest is better than any of those players. Thus, saying he's top 12 is irrational... Artest is more like a top 25 player.
not to mention
tmac
yao
wade
bosh
Roy
baron
JJ

artest is definantly in top 25 though.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #206
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Lebron James
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Deron Williams
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Amare Stoudamire
Steve Nash
Dwight Howard

Artest can hold his own against the bolded.

Quote:
The deal is done. There is no going back on it. This is nothing like a "Gentlemen's Agreement".

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-01-2008 at 02:09 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 AM   #207
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

New video: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...deo?id=3514113

"Anything they [Yao and Tracy] say is right. They can't do nothing wrong in my eyes."

Go Ron Go!

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-01-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #208
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

We'll see how he starts acting when Ron Ron wants his money and Houston doesn't give it to him.

Basically ya'll better pay up now or he'll make this little Yao conflict look like a godsend. If you think the media is going crazy over this just wait till he starts huffing and puffing over that extension.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #209
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

No...

If anything, Artest will most likely get his extension midway through the season.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-01-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #210
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Artest can hold his own against the bolded.
No. Just no. Not even close, especially as to Amare.

Quote:
The deal is done. There is no going back on it. This is nothing like a "Gentlemen's Agreement".
I am quite sure the deal will happen, but I have no idea why you would assert something as foolish as "there's no going back on it." A deal isn't irreversible until the paperwork is signed by all parties, including the league.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #211
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No...

If anything, Artest will most likely get his extension midway through the season.
... and how do you know this?

Contact Me
Old 08-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #212
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
... and how do you know this?
I don't. That's why I said "if anything". I should have put "probably" in there, but whatever. I mean, if Ron Artest is doing great with the team midway through the season, and the Rockets have the cash for him, why wouldn't they extend his contract before he becomes a FA?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #213
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean, if Ron Artest is doing great with the team midway through the season, and the Rockets have the cash for him, why wouldn't they extend his contract before he becomes a FA?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #214
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

lol

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #215
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

what do you think the rockets starting lineup will be? will battier or scola come off the bench assuming artest starts?
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #216
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

I'm pretty sure Battier will come off the bench. There have been rumors of Artest coming in at the 4, so...

Alston
McGrady
Artest
Scola
Yao

or

Alston
McGrady
Battier
Artest
Yao

Both lineups are killer.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #217
marquez

marquez is on a distinguished road

I THINK WE SHOULD OFFER THEM JOSH HOWARD FOR A SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK LOL
marquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #218
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez
I THINK WE SHOULD OFFER THEM JOSH HOWARD FOR A SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK LOL
Flaco, thiggy, sikey, mary...for the love of god, please DO something!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:31 AM   #219
Kaizoku

Kaizoku is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't. That's why I said "if anything". I should have put "probably" in there, but whatever. I mean, if Ron Artest is doing great with the team midway through the season, and the Rockets have the cash for him, why wouldn't they extend his contract before he becomes a FA?
Because the Rockets hold his Bird Rights, so they can go over the cap to sign him once he becomes a free agent. If we don't want to re-sign him, we can S&T him.
Kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #220
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

should we be more worried about the spurs, hornets, or rockets?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #221
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Here is Ron Artest on "Sunday Conversation" today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRV5zPLD8o
Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #222
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

So finally, he is "officially an official" Rocket:

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/spl...ntro081408.jpg
http://www.nba.com/rockets/tickets/S...0012-1664.html

ClutchFans has the interview with Ron Artest today on its home page.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-18-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #223
antoinewalker
Golden Member

why hasn't there been a press conference yet?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #224
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

I think Morey is in China.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #225
The Franchise
Banned

The Franchise is infamous around these partsThe Franchise is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I think Morey is in China.
Yeah his first day back is the 25th. I can't wait to see Artest holding up that jersey !!!!!!
The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #226
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Houston forums are

Thataway----->http://clutchfans.net/
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #227
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
should we be more worried about the spurs, hornets, or rockets?
Who's "we"?
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #228
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The timberwolves are Walker's current team arent they?

Wolves should fear everyone. They are terrible.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #229
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Houston forums are

awesome.

having fans from other teams can be a good thing. one thing i like about spurstalk. clutchfans lacks that, too (fans from other teams). help bring in more opinions and things.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-17-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #230
antoinewalker
Golden Member

Quote:
Houston forums are

lol.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:11 PM   #231
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
awesome.

having fans from other teams can be a good thing. one thing i like about spurstalk. clutchfans lacks that, too (fans from other teams). help bring in more opinions and things.
I think I could live without an immature, 16-year-old Houston fan posting "go Houston" posts here. If you were really giving thoughtful opinions that would be one thing but you have yet to bring anything but your Houston fanhood, and some mildly irritating general interest posts.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #232
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I could live without an immature, 16-year-old Houston fan posting "go Houston" posts here. If you were really giving thoughtful opinions that would be one thing but you have yet to bring anything but your Houston fanhood, and some mildly irritating general interest posts.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #233
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

Just don't suck and German National Team this season. That's all I ask.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #234
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Conference air is getting thinner for the Mavericks. No doubt about it.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #235
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
awesome.

How would you feel if you wanted a player really badly and your team's deal for him was rejected....AND then a fan of the team that said player went to comes to your forum posting crap about "it's official, we got him". How would you feel? I bet just chipper huh?
Dude, they know it's official, its 2008 and they apparently have internet access to all kinds of information yet you feel the need to come in here and inform them like they don't know, like they even give a rats azz. Keep your chin up kid, but learn to be a guest in someone's house.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #236
alby
Guru

I thought 'toine is a Grizzly now =P

Contact Me
Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #237
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Show some examples.

And by the way, this is the only place where someone has said that I'm immature. At the other sports forums I belong to, people think I'm an adult until they look at my age. I post the exact same everywhere, so I think it's just you saying that. Well, I know it's just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
How would you feel if you wanted a player really badly and your team's deal for him was rejected....AND then a fan of the team that said player went to comes to your forum posting crap about "it's official, we got him". How would you feel? I bet just chipper huh?
Dude, they know it's official, its 2008 and they apparently have internet access to all kinds of information yet you feel the need to come in here and inform them like they don't know, like they even give a rats azz. Keep your chin up kid, but learn to be a guest in someone's house.
Are you serious? Who are you to say anything? You were in the red for the longest. Maybe you should learn to be a guest in someone else's house? The reason why I said "it's official now" is because some were thinking the deal could still fall through because it really wasn't "official" yet. The deal had to wait for over two weeks before that happened. What's wrong with posting an update huh? It isn't like I'm spamming this place or being rude to anybody. I'm mostly in the Everything Else section anyway. I'm mostly here because I live in DFW and sort of like the community here (sometimes, like no, some people flip out on me for no reason). Go back to my earlier posts here and now. You don't see the change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Hardly.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-18-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #238
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
And this, my friends, is the difference between a Rockets poster we like having around and a kid who can't find it in himself to post anything of value.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #239
antoinewalker
Golden Member

Quote:
The timberwolves are Walker's current team arent they?

Wolves should fear everyone. They are terrible.
i am a grizzly bear.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #240
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ah its easy to lose track of a spare that's been dropped and traded like a hot potato. Sorry.