Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #201
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If Bosh has the skills to become a franchise player, then we should grab him then trade Dirk for more players to build around Bosh...

If what I just said sounds bat-sh!t crazy, then we might need to search for other options than Bosh...
I just don't think we will be able to actually acquire one of the young super studs...so might as well go after the next best thing...a second tier star might be all we can really lock down.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #202
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Anybody know what Foster has been up to? He might be a nice player coming off the bench next year.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #203
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
you, sir, are a cad! thats right...a CAD!
Computer-aided design?

My father is very proud of that fact...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-14-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: nah, not funnier
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #204
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Let me be clear on Bosh: I'm not against going after him. The guy is a very good, all star caliber big man. I would be excited if we swung a reasonable trade for him.

But, in my opinion, there are better options out there. Contracts and future considerations aside, I would MUCH rather have a Vince Carter than a Chris Bosh. A slashing, creating, scoring SG/SF that can score in bunches and create for himself late in games would be a much more obvious upgrade to this team, in my opinion.

Yes on the slashing creating v.c. type, but no on V.C. Maybe back when he had good knees a few years ago and plenty of jumps left in his legs but I don't see him being that explosive going forward outside of the occiasion bursts.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #205
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I think the "advantage" (if you want to call it like that) we have is the FA class of 2010. We all should realize (the sooner the better) that none of those players is coming here. But many other teams are trying to get cap space. Cuban should be willing to pull the trigger and to swallow even bad contracts. Probably it will be the last shot for the title for Dirk in Dallas, because if that fails, I can see that he will opt out in 2010 and do a Garnett. Hopefully Cuban is aware of that and willing to spend money.

About Bosh: I'm not sure about him. He's a similar player to Dirk, but not a pure center what we need.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 05-14-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #206
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Keep

Dirk
Kidd
Hollins
Wright
Green
and possibly Singelton

see what you can do with everyone else...and if nothing bring Jet back and am sure there are takers for Bass, Josh, possibly Damp

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #207
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Trade Josh or Damp to the Bucks for Jefferson and their pick and go from there ; )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #208
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yes on the slashing creating v.c. type, but no on V.C. Maybe back when he had good knees a few years ago and plenty of jumps left in his legs but I don't see him being that explosive going forward outside of the occiasion bursts.
ok....I agree with this...but WHO are we talking about then? No one even close to VC who is youngish and potentially available jumps to mind.

ideas? names? tummy rubs?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #209
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Keep

Dirk
Kidd
Hollins
Wright
Green
and possibly Singelton

see what you can do with everyone else...and if nothing bring Jet back and am sure there are takers for Bass, Josh, possibly Damp
I agree somewhat, but I'd prefer.

Dirk
Kidd
Hollins
Wright
Singleton
and possibly Green, Terry

Terry is a 6th man and a shooter off the bench that can play either guard position.

IDK about Green -- they need to make up their minds though this offseason.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #210
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Trade Josh or Damp to the Bucks for Jefferson and their pick and go from there ; )
Jefferson is just "nice"...is that really what we want?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #211
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

wait...

sike, where have you been!?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #212
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
wait...

sike, where have you been!?
duh, in the shadow of the statue.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #213
mikewar1

mikewar1 will become famous soon enough

If JJ gained more bb IQ, and developed more under Kidd, he can become a very poor man's Tony Parker.
mikewar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #214
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewar1 View Post
If JJ gained more bb IQ, and developed more under Kidd, he can become a very poor man's Tony Parker.
like a very, very poor man....we're talking homeless poor here.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #215
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Keep

Kidd
Howard(If the right deal comes along trade him)
Dirk
Bass
Hollins
Singelton
Wright(he would be nice coming off the bench)

Trade

Damp
Terry(try to trade Terry for Stephen Jackson)
Carroll
Willams
Stackhouse
George

I think Ron Artest in gonna be the player the Mavs go after hard this offseason because Rick loves him, Ron Artest can be a head case at times but if you have an onwer like Cuban that will come to his defense get him, I also would try to trade Damp & Stack for Shaq to see if works and also see what's going on with Tyson Chandler because he's the type of big men Kidd needs.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #216
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
No. Josh Smith is 5 times the defender Howard is. He's not nearly as injury prone. His jumper is worse (although not too much) but he has an actual sense of shot selection and doesn't force shit. He gets the crowd involved with big dunks, gets easy buckets (instead of Jho ISO step back jumpers) and he's a way better passer.
in case you haven't noticed Smith is the worst in the league when it comes to shot selection his jumper blows but he shoots 20 footers 3-5 times a game.

Last edited by sike; 05-14-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: cause I can
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #217
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
ok....I agree with this...but WHO are we talking about then? No one even close to VC who is youngish and potentially available jumps to mind.

Gerald Wallace
Old 05-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #218
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Gerald Wallace
I like Crash...but like I said...his offensive game is about 1 third as good as young VC's was.

Last edited by sike; 05-14-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #219
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If Bosh has the skills to become a franchise player, then we should grab him then trade Dirk for more players to build around Bosh...

If what I just said sounds bat-sh!t crazy, then we might need to search for other options than Bosh...
That sold it for me....move on to another option.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #220
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
I like Crash...but like I said...his offensive game is about 1 third as good as young VC's was.
He is much better than VC right now.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #221
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Jason Richardson
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #222
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
He is much better than VC right now.
disagree. he is much younger than VC right now.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #223
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrock View Post
Jason Richardson
very interesting.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #224
mavs777
Diamond Member

Also what about T MAC? Rockets will probably shop him around
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #225
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If we can use Damp, Stack, Josh, draft, MLE and whatever else in the fold to bring:

A) An at-worst above average Center
B) A legit wing player
C) A young PG to groom
D) Another viable defensive wing player

You've got a really great summer on your hands. You've got get at least 2-3 of those things accomplished though, one way or another.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #226
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
very interesting.
Suns are looking to save money. He could be available.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #227
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also what about T MAC? Rockets will probably shop him around
They will want much more than the Mavs SHOULD give for him.

It would be fun with him and Dirk though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 05-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #228
sike
The Preacha

I want A and B badly...and I'd like a better than "legit" wing. I want either a near great or should be great wing with a decent post defender/scorer or a stud post player with a good wing.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #229
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
They will want much more than the Mavs SHOULD give for him.

It would be fun with him and Dirk though.
that could be a move that works amazingly well...of course, TMac doesn't stay healthy. I would like it...but not as a first option.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #230
tybrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If we can use Damp, Stack, Josh, draft, MLE and whatever else in the fold to bring:

A) An at-worst above average Center
B) A legit wing player
C) A young PG to groom
D) Another viable defensive wing player

You've got a really great summer on your hands. You've got get at least 2-3 of those things accomplished though, one way or another.
A) C.Kaman (Trade Josh straight up)
B) J.Richardson (Trade Stack and filler/s)
C) Only the draft will tell
D) S.Marion (Sign with MLE)

Funny thing is I'm not sure this is a dream
Old 05-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #231
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I want A and B badly...and I'd like a better than "legit" wing. I want either a near great or should be great wing with a decent post defender/scorer or a stud post player with a good wing.
A and B are musts for sure.
C can easily be obtained in the draft or a MLE pickup or a minor trade.
D is the icing on the cake.

"legit" in my eyes fills 2 of the 3 characteristics I need from the player:
Can shoot the lights out
Can attack the rim and gets to the line a lot
Plays gritty/tough perimeter defense

Getting 3/3 is getting you an all-nba kind of player. 2/3 gets you a legit stud, 1/3 gets you a Jet-like or 2nd-3rd tier supporting character.

The guy we get has to be 2/3.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #232
mavs777
Diamond Member

I would trade Josh and another piece for T MAC, just keep Bass for sure and Dirk.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #233
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Smith's shot selection is atrocious. Probably worse than Josh's. All the other positives mentioned about him are dead on, though.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #234
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Must Keep:
Dirk
Bass
JJ
Wright (But he must be a bench player, NOT an effin starter)

Can trade if the right deal comes along, but don't mind keeping:
Josh
JET
Kidd (Unless he retires)

Should shop around:
Damp
Stack
+ The Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #235
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrock View Post
A) C.Kaman (Trade Josh straight up)
B) J.Richardson (Trade Stack and filler/s)
C) Only the draft will tell
D) S.Marion (Sign with MLE)

Funny thing is I'm not sure this is a dream
A) possible
B) doubtful...I think he's one of the few guys they'd maybe consider keeping, just a hunch
C) uh-huh
D) ummm...No, guys WILL fall through the cracks for the MLE, but I don't think he's one.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #236
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to sound like a noob, but can someone please tell me what MLE is?

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #237
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
that could be a move that works amazingly well...of course, TMac doesn't stay healthy. I would like it...but not as a first option.
If they could get TMac for peanuts basically, yes, it would be worth it.

If it costs JHo or Terry and Stacks contract plus, then it ends up not worth it, IMO. You just strengthened Houston to the point of maybe not being able to beat them, and you gave them a $$$$$ break.

If you have a deal in place for one of the centers (with Stack) and it costs you Damp plus JHo and SNT Bass or something like that, then maybe it makes sense.

Kidd, TMac, Wright, Dirk, (Legit offensive and defensive Center), with Terry as the 6th man is stout for sure, although I'd prefer to have a better defensive swingman than TMac since Dirk isn't exactly the defensive stalwart.

What is the price though?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #238
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Josh Smith's shot selection is atrocious. Probably worse than Josh's. All the other positives mentioned about him are dead on, though.
I'd do Josh for Josh just to give JKidd someone who can run and jump...ok, that isn't the only reason I'd do it...but it sounded cooler that way.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #239
tybrock

Quote:
Mid-level exception

A team is allowed to sign one player to a contract equal to the average NBA salary, even if the team is over the salary cap already, or if the signing would put them over the cap. This is known as the Mid-level exception (MLE). The MLE may be used on an individual free agent or split among multiple free agents, and is available to any team that exceeds the salary cap at the beginning of the offseason. The Mid-Level Exception for the 2007-08 NBA season was $5.36 million. The MLE is $5.585 million for the 2008-09 NBA regular season.

An example would be the Toronto Raptors' acquisition of Jason Kapono during the 2007 off-season.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #240
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
noob.

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?