Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #201
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES View Post
OK READ THESE OBSERVATIONS AND YOU WON'T NEED TO WATCH ANOTHER EPISODE. I have done all the math for you.

1) Sayid's body is "hosting" (or "infected" with) Jacob. We will see a Locke 2.0 vs a Sayid 2.0 battle in the near future. This is why we saw Christian Shepherd sightings on the island as well- someone (presumably Jacob or MIB) had assumed control of his body.
2) You guys have clearly never seen the movie Sliding Doors (this is my 3rd time to reference it w/out a peep for you guys.) Same concept. Two realities occurring simultaneously. At the end of the movie, they merge. THAT is what will happen here. Mark it down.
3) I think we will def find out who the ladies Dbag husband was.
4) I can't stand the other Others. The Lennon character w/his granny glasses is so trite. They annoy me.
5) Nothing annoys me more than how Kate follows Sawyer around like a puppy dog. Except Lennon.

OK, I'm gonna re-watch it tonight and hopefully have more for you.

Love you all. Xerxes out.
1) I find this hard to believe because it's not the same as when MiB did it. MiB always used the "ghosts" of the folks, not the actual body. Of course that's assuming they do things similarly.

2) I agree with this but the question is not what's going to happen but how.

3) The guy in AUS that sent Claire to LA and said that "the baby must go to this couple", I think it's his twin brother...dun dun dun.

4) Aren't they just the others. Not really other others. I think of them as mixture of the group that was with RA and Ben when Ben told them to go to the temple and a group that stayed at the temple upon Jacob's request. So aren't they all just Others now?

5) They're all annoying. I only watch now because I have to know what happens.
----------------------
6) Sucks that certain characters won't be part of the side story or at least haven't been shown yet: Mr. Eko, Walt and Michael, Anna Lucia, Libby, etc.

7) Why didn't Sun go back in time with the others? Still waiting on that one to be answered.

8) Why does Sayid remember being shot but Ben didn't remember being shot by Sayid? Did it have to do with the dirty water?

9) Why was Sayid crying like a little girl when they were "diagnosing" him? Jack and Hurley and the others should have noticed that this wasn't anything like the Sayid they knew. Maybe they chalked it up as someone who's still in shock after dying and all.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #202
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Disagree that MiB or Jacob is IN Sayid's body. Possibly controlling it through "infection", but not "in" it. Remember, Locke's corpse is there on the island...along with FLocke. There's only one Sayid.

And I'm probably in the minority, but I like Dogen and Lennon. Also, a clear Dogen reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%8Dgen
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #203
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I didnt think it was possible for Claire not to be hot.......

I stand corrected.

Edit: Anyway Im glad shes back in the story, she was one of my favorites. Now they just need to bring Charlie back for longer than 5 seconds.

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 02-10-2010 at 04:42 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #204
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post

4) Aren't they just the others. Not really other others. I think of them as mixture of the group that was with RA and Ben when Ben told them to go to the temple and a group that stayed at the temple upon Jacob's request. So aren't they all just Others now?

6) Sucks that certain characters won't be part of the side story or at least haven't been shown yet: Mr. Eko, Walt and Michael, Anna Lucia, Libby, etc.

8) Why does Sayid remember being shot but Ben didn't remember being shot by Sayid? Did it have to do with the dirty water?
4) I guess but you'd have thought we'd have seen the main dudes before. This is like the hardcore others.

6) There's a lot of open story lines that need to be resolved. I remember reading in an interview that we'd be getting more resolution in almost every episode this season. So far, we're 0 for 2.

8) Being that its Jacks fault Sayind got shot- its weird that he's being thanked now...
Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #205
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They seem like hardcore others, but that Aldo guy from last night and Cindy the flight attendant demonstrate the mixing of (what we perceive to be 2) groups.

Maybe others are just others.

But obviously Matsuzaka there in the temple is a little different. What's his name?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #206
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
But obviously Matsuzaka there in the temple is a little different. What's his name?
Bill Johnson.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #207
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Read the thread old man! Dogen! It's been mentioned like 67 times here.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #208
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

sarcasm.

Some people don't get it.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #209
CadBane
Banned

Clearly not.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #210
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sarcasm.

Some people don't get it.
You're grandmother doesn't get it!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #211
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Early Valentine's Day

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #212
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

^awesome....
Old 02-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #213
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

those are great.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #214
sike
The Preacha

I watched the 1st episode of the new season again with my wife last night...and was taken again with confusion over why Juliette was down in that Hatch wreckage.

Is the simple (and fortunate) explanation that that is the exact spot where she was located when whatever actually happened, happened? If that is the case, why was Kate in a tree far from where she would have been?

Am I just missing something?

Old 02-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #215
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

male reproductive organs.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #216
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I watched the 1st episode of the new season again with my wife last night...and was taken again with confusion over why Juliette was down in that Hatch wreckage.

Is the simple (and fortunate) explanation that that is the exact spot where she was located when whatever actually happened, happened? If that is the case, why was Kate in a tree far from where she would have been?

The spot they were drilling on in the 70's when she exploded the bomb was at the swan station...ie the hatch..

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #217
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The spot they were drilling on in the 70's when she exploded the bomb was at the swan station...ie the hatch..
...and Kate in the tree?

Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #218
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Just roll with it.

Speaking of inconsequential questions that won't get answered...

I don't know why they (the entirety of the LOST online community and maybe the producers themselves) call it 2007, btw. It was practically new years eve, 2004 when they left the island. They've said "3 years later" a thousand times. Shouldn't it be 2008?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #219
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Two more...

Link

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #220
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

The Jack one is by far the best.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #221
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
The Jack one is by far the best.
without question.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #222
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

is it possible that Kate wasn't incarcerated for the same crime this time around? The statement she made about her being innocent got me thinking.... i don't read anything LOST stuff, so just speculation.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #223
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think that is very possible.

And Sawyer didn't look like someone who just killed the wrong guy, so maybe he was in Australia for a completely different reason.

I wonder if Rose is still going to die though. That seems like something that wouldn't change...her cancer. But it may not be important enough to show, so...
Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #224
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I read somewhere that Kate did something else in the other timeline.

Must try to remember where I saw that.

Edit:

I read it in something Flac posted:

Quote:
That said, are you saying definitively that detonating Jughead was the event that created this new timeline? Or is that a mystery which the season 6 story will reveal?

LINDELOF: It’s a mystery. A big one.

CUSE: We did have some concern that it might be confusing kind of going into the season. To clear that up a little bit: The archetypes of the characters are the same and that’s the most significant thing. Kate is still a fugitive. If you were to look at the Comic-Con video, for instance, that now comes into play. There was a different scenario in that story. She basically blew up an apprentice plumber as opposed to killing her biological father/stepfather. Those kind of differences exist, but who the characters fundamentally are is the same. If it becomes too confusing for you, you can just follow the flash sideways for what they are. It’s not as though there’s narrative that hangs on the fact that you need to know that this event was different in that world, in the flashback world versus the sideways world. That’s not critical for being able to process the narrative this season.
BTW, Kate's face when Claire believed here about being innocent made me think she was very guilty. I think it was supposed to back up her claim that she "can be very convincing".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-12-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:17 AM   #225
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I decided recently to go through my "Sports Night" box set again.

I was watching disk one when I recognized a certain guest star as being "Bram", the now deceased Ajira passenger.

He was sure a lot younger then. Sports Night is really great, btw, as long as you can get past the fact that it's written by a socialist liberal wacko.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #226
sike
The Preacha

2:17am, flac??

Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #227
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Have you had kids yet, sike?

A 14 week old daughter creates interesting late night schedules.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #228
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think knowing LOST is coming on Tuesday makes Mondays better.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #229
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Lost is one of the most correctly titled series ever.

Miss anything, anytime, and you are LOST as to why it happened.

So unfortunately I am addicted and watch it all the time now, so I don't get lost.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #230
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't miss it ever and I am lost.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #231
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I always watch the episode again at lunch during the week. I sometimes watch them twice more during the week.

I think I need help.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #232
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I think knowing LOST is coming on Tuesday makes Mondays better.
no doubt

Old 02-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #233
sike
The Preacha

waaaaait, is LOST going down tomorrow or is it on hiatus for the Olympics?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #234
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Olympics are on NBC Sikey.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #235
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Olympics are on NBC Sikey.
yes it is. But wasn't that the talk for a while? I never heard differently.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #236
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

it's on tomorrow.... and through out until the end every Tuesday...
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #237
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I see the title of tonight's episode is, and no, no spoiler warning "The Substitute."

No spoiler warning, because that means absolutely nothing to me.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #238
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I see the title of tonight's episode is, and no, no spoiler warning "The Substitute."

No spoiler warning, because that means absolutely nothing to me.
...you just ruined the rest of the season for me.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #239
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Then my evil plan is complete.

Buhuhhahahahah!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #240
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

**********fake SPOILER********************

I think the title implies that something is gonna be substituted.... but that's just me....

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-16-2010 at 11:32 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote