Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2004, 08:58 PM   #201
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

Well....the mavs have certainly been active. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2004, 08:58 PM   #202
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Mein Gott! He's freaking huge!!! Look at his hands! They're the size of Stuart Scott's head!
He's freakin ours.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #203
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Man. This is the best draft ever. So interesting. They may say we might move Pavel, but I think this is exactly the kind of European tall dude that the Nelsons gets infatuated w/. I think he's definitely worth a one, especially since our first rounder is always low.

Lakers up now...
Old 06-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #204
Drbio
Banned

Well....the mavs have certainly been active. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The Pavel trade tells me two things.
1. We aren't going to trade Dirk.
2. If Shaq is going to be a Maverick, they are going to drop their asking price.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:01 PM   #205
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

I'm with you Saltwater.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:02 PM   #206
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Wait. Everyone in the media had Pavel going to us either by draftnig down to get him or drafting him at number 5. Give props to the Mavs for not doing anything stupid here. They got their guy Pavel with the addition of Devin Harris. Devin Harris is like a throw in to this deal. Props to the Mavs for that.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:02 PM   #207
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Mein Gott! He's freaking huge!!! Look at his hands! They're the size of Stuart Scott's head!
He's freakin ours.
I know! It's beautiful![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:03 PM   #208
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, if we can swing a reasonable deal for Damp and get rid of Walker, and add a defensive gaurd, i will be satisfied.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:03 PM   #209
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
hmm josh childress picked surprisingly early...i suppose i am happy for him because he will get to play a lot in atlanta, but man, the hawks just aren't very good, so that sucks for him a little too.
Nah, that's good. he'll be the offensive focus, and getting PT will certainly help make sure he lives up to being picked so high.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:04 PM   #210
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Anybody see Devan Harris play? Is he worth a number 5 pick?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:04 PM   #211
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

F%ck Don Nelson! The dildo doesnt even realize that Pavel is going to be a flop like Slavko Vranes was last year, and that he has Bradley on the team. He'll play Pavel too much, and then put him in the closet like he did to Bradley.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:06 PM   #212
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

Yep...so far, great draft for the mavs.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:06 PM   #213
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Anybody see Devan Harris play? Is he worth a number 5 pick?
Yes. He is all that and a king sized candy bar.

He really wouldnt fit with the 2002-2003 squad, but with Daniels and Howard he fits with his incredible speed and agility.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:07 PM   #214
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

Harris is on with Norm on the Ticket, he sounds like a real good kid. Norm called him "Kevin" :/
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:07 PM   #215
Drbio
Banned

Spurs took who?

Beno?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #216
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
F%ck Don Nelson! The dildo doesnt even realize that Pavel is going to be a flop like Slavko Vranes was last year, and that he has Bradley on the team. He'll play Pavel too much, and then put him in the closet like he did to Bradley.
Thank you Captain Overreation. I'm sure Don doesn't even know that the draft is going on. This was all Donnie and Mark.

BUT - you and I know nothing about this guy. All we know is that people who get paid to evaluate basketball talent thought he was a good pick.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 PM   #217
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

We have 18 players on the roster right now (if you include all of our expiring contract guys like Nash and Best). We best be doing something.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:14 PM   #218
Drbio
Banned

After thinking it out, I like the Pavel trade. He was projected as a top 10 guy LAST year before pulling out. He was projected as a 10-15 guy this year before falling to the Jazz at 21. Our first rounder next year won't be a high pick so taking a flyer on Pavel is a great move.

I look forward to seeing him play.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:14 PM   #219
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Chad Ford's Analysis:

The Jazz sent Pavel to the Mavericks for a future first-round pick. As we reported this morning, the Mavericks are in love with Podkolzine and have been working for weeks to find a way to get him. Donnie Nelson was in Italy at the Reebok Eurocamp and worked out Podkolzine. He told me then that he thought Podkolzine was the third best player in the draft. The fact that the Mavs get to keep Devin Harris and still get Podkolzine is a home run for Dallas. I think this is the perfect place for Pavel to play. Dallas will hire the best big man coach available. If they don't get Shaq, they can at least groom Pavel to be a physical dominating center down the road. It will take a minimum of two years, but this is a great situation for Pavel.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:15 PM   #220
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Quote:
Thank you Captain Overreation. I'm sure Don doesn't even know that the draft is going on. This was all Donnie and Mark.

BUT - you and I know nothing about this guy. All we know is that people who get paid to evaluate basketball talent thought he was a good pick.
I know a few things.

ONE he had health problems
TWO he sat on thebench in Italy
THREE he has barely played basketball, and has never played against any competition. On ESPN they said that he had only played 6 or 8 minutes a game in ten games while on the italian league.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:15 PM   #221
Drbio
Banned

After thinking it out, I like the Pavel trade. He was projected as a top 10 guy LAST year before pulling out. He was projected as a 10-15 guy this year before falling to the Jazz at 21. Our first rounder next year won't be a high pick so taking a flyer on Pavel is a great move.

I look forward to seeing him play.

From chad ford:

The Jazz sent Pavel to the Mavericks for a future first-round pick. As we reported this morning, the Mavericks are in love with Podkolzine and have been working for weeks to find a way to get him. Donnie Nelson was in Italy at the Reebok Eurocamp and worked out Podkolzine. He told me then that he thought Podkolzine was the third best player in the draft. The fact that the Mavs get to keep Devin Harris and still get Podkolzine is a home run for Dallas. I think this is the perfect place for Pavel to play. Dallas will hire the best big man coach available. If they don't get Shaq, they can at least groom Pavel to be a physical dominating center down the road. It will take a minimum of two years, but this is a great situation for Pavel.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:18 PM   #222
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

"Dallas will hire the best big man coach available."

Why now?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 PM   #223
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I got that out of my system. I'm concerned about Pavel's ability, but mostly I just think of things like this.

You are married to Brad Pitt....wait, most of you are guys.

You are married to Rachel Hunter, but you start cheating on her with a girl in junior high because you think she may grow up to be hotter.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:23 PM   #224
Drbio
Banned

I have no idea what happened there...sorry for the multi-posts.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2004, 09:27 PM   #225
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dang Doc, you are on a roll with a triple double (or a double triple.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:28 PM   #226
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Cool it Doc!

Erica...you're acting as if we passed up a sure thing for an unknown. Who would you rather we took? Would you rather us have not done anything? I mean...what if he never develops into anything more than Ostertag. At the worst you're looking at a good defensive center.

Hell..he's big. That's something we needed.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:28 PM   #227
Drbio
Banned

damn it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:30 PM   #228
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Erica...you're acting as if we passed up a sure thing for an unknown.
Im not saying that. Im just angry because Nellie doesnt use Bradley, and he's bringing in Pavel who at best could be a bulkier Bradley.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:31 PM   #229
Drbio
Banned

OK peeps....line up to predict the Mavs pick at #50.

I say it will be Ha Sueng Jin or Mo Ke
Old 06-24-2004, 09:31 PM   #230
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

what are they chanting?

Old 06-24-2004, 09:33 PM   #231
Drbio
Banned

Chicago just traded rights to Jackson, a future first rounder and cash to Phoenix for Luol Deng.

Seems steep.

Is the crowd heckling Stephen A. Smith? I love it.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:33 PM   #232
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
OK peeps....line up to predict the Mavs pick at #50.

I say it will be Ha Sueng Jin or Mo Ke
Ke's last name is pronounced (Kuh). I can only hope we can take him, and then get him a promotional deal with Starbucks.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:33 PM   #233
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

nm
Old 06-24-2004, 09:34 PM   #234
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

It's a little hard to believe we haven't actually technically picked anyone yet. Weird.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:37 PM   #235
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Erica...you're acting as if we passed up a sure thing for an unknown.
Im not saying that. Im just angry because Nellie doesnt use Bradley, and he's bringing in Pavel who at best could be a bulkier Bradley.
No...I would think that Bradley would be the WORST case scenario. He could turn out to be much better than that...it will probably just take 3 years before we see any kind of return on this investment.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:39 PM   #236
Drbio
Banned

good one chaffy....
Old 06-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #237
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This handsome, Bradley-sized center?

No. We'll grab Romain Sato
Old 06-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #238
ames7
Diamond Member

Royal Ivey to the Hawks. Aw, we're gonna miss you, Royal. Good luck! Hook 'em!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #239
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
good one chaffy....
I was hoping someone would pick up on that...

Old 06-24-2004, 09:42 PM   #240
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

The draft gets an A or even an A+ from me. I know nothing about the big Russian, but he fills the need according to our basketball people. I really didn't have a dog (pick) that I was that excited about, but they now have met 2 huge needs: Heir apparent to Stevey, and a huge man who hopefully can play the middle for years to come.

Needs met.

Waiting for other moves this offseason. Biggest need: a seasoned starting center if possible. Maybe an athletic 3? (Depending on how Howard fits.)

GO MAVS!