Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #201
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mavs turn around odom...it will show a tremendous accomplishment by a front office and team leadership. He is a talent that can be a huge help.

Strangely enough when someone has a revelation..they can be the biggest zealot for the team.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 02:35 AM   #202
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
sucky odom>Yi>Cardinal
Yes.

I'd expand it to:

sucky odom> Haywood > Mahinmi > Wright > Yi>Cardinal

Furthermore, the Mavs have lost 3 in a row without LO. I'll bet the next game LO comes back and plays decent minutes, Mavs win.

The Mavs are 0-4 without LO.

Mavs have lost EVERY game (4) that LO didn't play in... if the Mavs decide to buy him out, they're screwed.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 03-02-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #203
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
Yes.

I'd expand it to:

sucky odom> Haywood > Mahinmi > Wright > Yi>Cardinal

Furthermore, the Mavs have lost 3 in a row without LO. I'll bet the next game LO comes back and plays decent minutes, Mavs win.
Haywood has been great this year. What an epic fail of a post.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:11 AM   #204
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Haywood has been great this year. What an epic fail of a post.
What do you define as "great"?

Getting almost 40 points dropped on him is "great" in your book? By a player who just came back from a broken foot?

Wow, talk about FAIL.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 03-02-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #205
ottawasucks

ottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
What do you define as "great"?

Getting almost 40 points dropped on him is "great" in your book? By a player who just came back from a broken foot?

Wow, talk about FAIL.
Your startling lack of basketball knowledge is amusing. Keep it up.
ottawasucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:35 AM   #206
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Haywood's been a lot better than odom this year.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:37 AM   #207
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Haywood's been a lot better than odom this year.
i quote.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #208
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawasucks View Post
Your startling lack of basketball knowledge is amusing. Keep it up.
Lol, you must think getting 38 points dropped on you is playing "Great" too.

Anybody who thinks Haywood has been playing "Great" is smoking crack.

38 points dropped on by Lopez (average 20pts)
22 points stuffed in by Marc Gasol (average 15pts)
19 points by Bynum (average 16pts)
14 points by TC (average 11pts)
16 points by Vucevic (average 6pts)
12 points by Koufos (average 5pts)

The list of Centers having above average nights against Haywood goes on and on.

Haywood puts up like 6 points but gives away 2-3x as much on defense.

Haywood has been damn terrible.

Where do you guys get off that Haywood is playing "great".

All I see is some yadayada, show me some "basketball" knowledge and counter with some proof of this "Great" Brendan Haywood... or do you only have more fluff?

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 03-02-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #209
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Bynum4MVP,

Brendan Haywood averaged a PER of 15.47 (4th on team in February), WS48 of 0.191 (2nd) and WP48 of 0.192 (2nd). A WP of 0.200 indicates a 'star' player and he also leads the team in DRB% at 15.00%.

When he was on the court last month, the Mavericks outscored their opponent by +8.41 Points Per 100 Possessions, which ranks third on the team behind Kidd and Dirk. They grabbed 29.47% of the available offensive boards with him and 50.69% of total ones. When he got off the floor, these percentages dropped to 21.71% & 47.13%.

He neither actually outscores the opposing center nor is a lockdown defender, but his value to the team is undeniable.

Sincerely,
Your Basketball Knowledge
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #210
Bynum4MVP

Dear Joshi

Getting doubled and tripled up by the opposing Center is not playing "Great".

Quote:
A WP of 0.200 indicates a 'star' player
Did you know that JaJuan Johnson has a higher PER than Ray Allen?
Obviously, Doc Rivers should start Jajuan Johnson over Ray Allen, eh?

Did you know that Celtic MVP "Greg Stiemsma" AND Brandon Bass AND Chris Wilcox ALL have a higher WP than Rajon Rondo?

I betcha the Celtics phone is burning up with people trying to get their hands on the "Great" Greag Stiemsma. All those guys are closer to being a "star" over that scrub Rondo.

Love,
John Hollinger BS stats fan

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 03-02-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #211
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Getting doubled and tripled up by the opposing Center is not playing "Great".
That's only one way to judge a players performance and it's an overly poor one.

Quote:
Did you know that JaJuan Johnson has a higher PER than Ray Allen? Doc Rivers should start Jajuan Johnson over Ray Allen, eh?
Did you know that Celtic MVP "Greg Stiemsma" AND Brandon Bass AND Chris Wilcox ALL have a higher WP than Rajon Rondo?

I betcha the Celtics phone is burning up with people trying to get their hands on the "Great" Greag Stiemsma. All those guys are closer to being a "star" over that scrub Rondo.

Owned.
Nice try to dismantle the WP-metric, which is flawed of course, but nonetheless offers reliable information on a players overall performance. But it doesn't work just pulling out random examples of rankings which you think are incorrect. I'd say it's more likely that your perception of these players is just wrong and not the WP-metric.

Btw.: Where the hell do you get your numbers from? Rondo and Allen actually do lead the Celtics in WP48.

http://www.thenbageek.com/teams/bos

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-02-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #212
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

According to Star-Telegram article Odom was kind enough to drop his request of being bought out so he could play for the Clippers. Man I've never disliked a Mavs player so much in my life.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #213
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Yeah the news still keep coming. I will give him that he's willing to go down to the D-League. That's probably the most commitment we've seen from him all season.

Don't know the severity of his "family issue", but being bought out and then resign with another team without getting his 2.4M off the books next year would have topped everything. Glad Cuban prevailed.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-02-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #214
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Nice try to dismantle the WP-metric, which is flawed of course, but nonetheless offers reliable information on a players overall performance.
Flawed and reliable. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Quote:
But it doesn't work just pulling out random examples of rankings which you think are incorrect.
I can't pull out examples that are "incorrect" to me but it's ok for YOU to pull out random examples which you think are correct?

That's a double standard.

Quote:
Btw.: Where the hell do you get your numbers from? Rondo and Allen actually do lead the Celtics in WP48.

http://www.thenbageek.com/teams/bos
On basketball-reference.com, WP48 aka WS48 is
1. KG
2. Ray Allen
3. Paul Pierce
4. Chris Wilcox
5. Greg Stiesma
6. Brandon Bass
7. Rajon Rondo

For PER
4. Jajuan Johnson
5. Ray Allen

Obviously another Hollinger BS stat that isn't accurate.

These stats from players dumping on Haywood are undeniable and cold hard facts and not up to Hollinger's interpretation stats you posted. Stats where Jajuan something or other has a higher PER than Ray Allen and Greg Stiesma has a higher WP48 than Rajon Rondo.

I'll take Ray Allen over Jajuan Johnson and I'll take Rajon Rondo over Greg Stiesma any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 03-02-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #215
j0Shi
Diamond Member

The WS48 and WP48 are completely different metrics. WS48 refers to Win Shares per 48 minutes. More information, as you've pointed out, can be found at BBRef. WP48 refers to Wins Produced per 48 Minutes and comes from the folks of wagesofwins.com (not John Hollinger, who invented PER and a few others).

Anyway: I consider this conversation to be over as long as you keep pointing your finger vehemently to the opposing players scoring while telling me that the more sophisticated metrics are all garbage. 1on1 defending might be one of Haywood's weaknesses, but his overall play does help the Mavs more than it hurts. Clearly...

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-02-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #216
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
The WS48 and WP48 are completely different metrics. WS48 refers to Win Shares per 48 minutes.
What difference does it make? All of these metrics are wrong.

I don't care if it's Hollinger or his copycat monkeys, all of these metrics are wrong and you can't just post them as "fact" to make a point.

I'll make you a deal, I'll take the time to go look up wrong WP48 from Wages of Wins.

Once I present them here, you'll say you're wrong about WP48 being accurate.

Deal?

The only facts in this thread are the scoring outputs of other Centers that show Brendan Haywood isn't playing "Great"

In fact, it shows that Haywood is gifting above average nights to the other Centers so they can double and triple him up in scoring.

Undeniable.

At the same time, the Mavs are 0-4 without Odom.

The Mavs have lost 100% of their games without LO and people don't think he's a crucial piece of the puzzle?

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 03-02-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #217
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
According to Star-Telegram article Odom was kind enough to drop his request of being bought out so he could play for the Clippers. Man I've never disliked a Mavs player so much in my life.
F that noise. What a douche. Seriously, like playing for the world champs is so horrible making a completely undeserved 8 million.

Hey, if he gets us wins and stops sucking then all is forgiven. Winning trumps all. Anything else, and it's boo city.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #218
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I think most people already knew that he was gonna sign with the Clippers sooner or later, I glad Cuban said no to a buyout because Odom would make the Clippers scary good and a possible first round match up with the Mavs.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #219
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What difference does it make? All of these metrics are wrong.

I don't care if it's Hollinger or his copycat monkeys, all of these metrics are wrong and you can't just post them as "fact" to make a point.

I'll make you a deal, I'll take the time to go look up wrong WP48 from Wages of Wins.

Once I present them here, you'll say you're wrong about WP48 being accurate.

Deal?

The only facts in this thread are the scoring outputs of other Centers that show Brendan Haywood isn't playing "Great"

In fact, it shows that Haywood is gifting above average nights to the other Centers so they can double and triple him up in scoring.

Undeniable.

At the same time, the Mavs are 0-4 without Odom.

The Mavs have lost 100% of their games without LO and people don't think he's a crucial piece of the puzzle?

Random question: Does anyone know if we have an Ignore User function here? Thanks.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #220
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Random question: Does anyone know if we have an Ignore User function here? Thanks.
Yeah, I heard when you stick your head in the sand, all the things you don't want to hear go away and life is better.

It's like the freakin' twilight zone, everybody thinks Haywood is "playing great" and I'm the only person here who realizes that in just 3 GAMES, Lopez/MGasol/Bynum just dropped damn near 80 points on his head.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 03-02-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #221
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes we do, it kicks in automatically when you sweep the guy's team in the playoffs but it apparently only lasts about 8 months or so
Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #222
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I heard when you stick your head in the sand, all the things you don't want to hear go away and life is better.
Sticking your head in the sand? You mean like bloviating on an opposing team's message board in reference to a player your team used to covet when said player has completely quit on his current team? Odom is about to play a D-League game for heaven's sake, dude. That is so full of FAIL, not even the most ardent Odom chugging, delusional fanboy can hope to spin it differently. Odom has wet the bed. Period.

And it's apparent that you don't want to hear anything negative about one of your boys, so the easy solution would be to post your Lakers tripe elsewhere. There isn't one person here who cares about what a committed, effective Odom can do right now because he's clearly not committed to this team, and he has been a terribly ineffective player since he got here. All that we (you know, people who watch every Mavs game) have seen up to this point is alternating swings of slump-shouldered LO, and ridiculously smug LO right after he gives up an easy basket on a blown assignment, bounces an attempted behind the back dribble off his leg while watching an opposing player steal the ball and get an easy dunk, and laughing visibly after throwing a bad pass. That's what we've gotten this season, dude.

I'm fully aware of what Odom can bring to this team, and I defended him here for months. Those days are over. He has been a complete failure so far. The buyout demands are the epitome of a selfish player who thinks that he can force his way out of any situation that requires him to actually earn his effing paycheck. He freaking asked to come here, and he has done absolutely nothing to show that he is a part of this team. When we need him the most, he chooses to leave the team with his Wookie wife and visit his dad who has a stomach virus. We're missing key players due to a real tragedy (Roddy's dad), and a gruesome hand injury to our best perimeter defensive guard, and LO is crafting concepts for his reality show.

So, in reference to your post above, all I have to say is "pot, meet kettle." Take that weak garbage elsewhere. The complaints we, as Mavs fans, have about LO are completely justified.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #223
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Yes we do, it kicks in automatically when you sweep the guy's team in the playoffs but it apparently only lasts about 8 months or so
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xrobx again.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #224
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I feel dirty every time I recognize that Lamar Odom is presently "a Mav."

I feel even more dirty every time I see the thread title. Jeez, man...it's not "maybe," it's "may be."

Please...please, let it be.
I thought I was the only one that felt that second point. Every time I see "maybe" I boil with rage.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #225
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I lost braincells just reading the retarded 'analysis' above. Apparently homeboy thinks you can know all you want to about a game by both ignoring advanced stats and not watching the games.

To block a user, go to the "user cp" and you should see the ignore function on the left.

Oh, and Odom's garbage. I hope we bury his ass in Frisco for the rest of the year, regardless of how Schwartz feels. At this point I'd rather fail without him than have him as our backup PF.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #226
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I thought I was the only one that felt that second point. Every time I see "maybe" I boil with rage.

I think "maybe" works here if you're assuming the title is a fragment. If it's being used in the sense of "Odom (is) maybe done as a Mav" instead of "Odom may be done as a Mav" then it could work.

(Grasping as straws to change the subject away from a clueless Lakers fan posting on a Mavs board....)
Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #227
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think "maybe" works here if you're assuming the title is a fragment. If it's being used in the sense of "Odom (is) maybe done as a Mav" instead of "Odom may be done as a Mav" then it could work.

(Grasping as straws to change the subject away from a clueless Lakers fan posting on a Mavs board....)
I believe you're right in that it's technically acceptable, though I have a feeling the OP screwed up what he intended to say.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #228
GOMAVS41

GOMAVS41 is on a distinguished road

Is there anyone on the Bucks or Bobcats we can trade him for? If we do trade him I want him and his famewhore wife in Sibera. The Mavs have been nothing but good to this douche and this is how he treats them. GTFO Lame-ar.
GOMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #229
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMAVS41 View Post
Is there anyone on the Bucks or Bobcats we can trade him for? If we do trade him I want him and his famewhore wife in Sibera. The Mavs have been nothing but good to this douche and this is how he treats them. GTFO Lame-ar.
Odom/Cardinal for Delfino/Mbah a Moute works.

Odom straight up for Diaw also works. Diaw is a total bum right now, but there's really no way he'd give us any less than Odom has so far.

Odom straight up for Devin Harris would work as well.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #230
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Cuban wont buy out Odom because he will go back to one of the LA teams and basically play against us....he doesn't deserve that. If nothing else keep him away from the team and swallow the 8 million for that pathetic excuse of a man/ player.

Cuban might be hesitant to trade him as well if the other team is going to buy him out, for the same reason as above.

Last edited by AO41; 03-02-2012 at 12:25 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #231
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

*** Now my question is When is the Russian league over??

Because if it is possible for us to get Kirilenko for the rest of the year?? and have him available for the playoffs?? I would be all over that. Because it could resolve some of our SF/ PF back up issues.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #232
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post

Because if it is possible for us to get Kirilenko for the rest of the year?? and have him available for the playoffs?? I would be all over that. Because it could resolve some of our SF/ PF back up issues.
Id love AK in a mavs uniform. Ive always imagined him playing for dallas and think he'd make a great fit. So bump
Old 03-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #233
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post

Would be a nice pick up. He always did well when Boozer was not clogging the lanes. So it might be a great fit alongside Dirk and Marion.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #234
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

We have more to lose with him not being on the team. The talent drop off is just so much when Dirk comes off the floor. Odom has been playing horrible, but he can do more with the ball than Yi/Cardinal. He is also a better defender than the two.

We just have to keep him. He has too much potential to just give up on him. I guarantee you LO will have some kind of positive impact once he returns. This little break he's had might just be what he needed.

If we get 80% of last year's LO for the remainder of the season, we will be fine. All we need from him is 9-11 ppg 5-6 rebs in 20 min.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #235
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
We have more to lose with him not being on the team. The talent drop off is just so much when Dirk comes off the floor. Odom has been playing horrible, but he can do more with the ball than Yi/Cardinal. He is also a better defender than the two.

We just have to keep him. He has too much potential to just give up on him. I guarantee you LO will have some kind of positive impact once he returns. This little break he's had might just be what he needed.

If we get 80% of last year's LO for the remainder of the season, we will be fine. All we need from him is 9-11 ppg 5-6 rebs in 20 min.
The question is will the Mavs top players be OK with him just coming back??? and even if they accept it...how long before something happens again.

Its hard to gain trust from your teammates now you have completely and without a care just given up on them like LO did. Honestly I think its too late to fix this. IMO there will always be an underlying tension between LO and the top 3 guys when or if he come back.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #236
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMAVS41 View Post
So much added value...I'm enlightened just reading this wonderful missive?

Wonder what Chloe's ever done to invoke such jealousy?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #237
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post

Maybe...you can really mess up a locker room by having a malcontent, no matter how talented.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #238
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's like the freakin' twilight zone, everybody thinks Haywood is "playing great" and I'm the only person here who realizes that in just 3 GAMES, Lopez/MGasol/Bynum just dropped damn near 80 points on his head.
You say that like those three players are absolute scrubs. That's probably the farthest thing from the truth.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #239
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Haywood is solid. Not a top 10 center and obviously worse than Chancler, but he is still OK. Even though he slowed down a little bit in the last 1-2 weeks. The reason might be the absence of D.West...
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #240
GOMAVS41

GOMAVS41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So much added value...I'm enlightened just reading this wonderful missive?

Wonder what Chloe's ever done to invoke such jealousy?
I'm not at all jealous of Khloe or her ridiculous family, they are all famewhores, that's not jealousy that's the damn truth.

And Lamar sucks and needs to go.
GOMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hopehegetsgilloolyed, lamar odom > cadbane, lol khloe, odom's bag of rocks, odom's empty bag