Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #201
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I'm thinking Nick Fazekas.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #202
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Fazekas is the guy I wanted here. Let's hope Hollinger's formula is right--he has him #7.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #203
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Meh

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #204
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Another good pick for SA...

Marcus Williams
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #205
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

I dont know about that! Jason Richardson for Brandon Wright? Man. Wow. I don't know if I get that. J-Rish is a stud.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #206
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

wow...i am behind yall I just realized on tivo. I like Nick...he's pretty solid.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #207
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

We took a dorky looking white kid who is undersized and not very athletic?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #208
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we have our next KVH/Croshere

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #209
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Seattle takes Big Baby...and now has 11 forwards on their roster.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #210
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Fazekas had some of the best stats in college basketball, but isn't supposed to be an NBA level athlete. I was kind of hoping for a power forward that wouldn't be a "Dirk-lite" for a change. We haven't had success with those guys for the last couple of years. But Fazekas has skill. Draftexpress.net recently wrote an article that said he was the best pf in the draft by the numbers. I'll try to look that up.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #211
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

20 and 10! That's awesome no matter where you played.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #212
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Future starting center for the Dallas Mavs.

Nice pick! 20/10 man!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #213
bobatundi
Golden Member

Nick Fazekas:

Season Averages
SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS
2003-2004 26.9 12.6 7.6 .5 .9 .50 .5 1.3 2.1 .528 .771 .358 1.40
2004-2005 31.5 20.7 9.4 .9 2.2 .43 .6 1.6 1.8 .502 .789 .327 1.49
2005-2006 31.8 21.8 10.4 2.1 1.8 1.15 1.1 1.5 1.8 .529 .846 .290 1.42
2006-2007 30.3 20.4 11.1 1.8 2.0 .88 .8 1.5 2.3 .568 .848 .431 1.49
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #214
Darth Ape
Banned

WOw. what an incredible day for Portland. I'm blown away!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #215
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
Seattle takes Big Baby...and now has 11 forwards on their roster.
That's still about 12 less than Atlanta.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #216
bobatundi
Golden Member

Weird--I got totally shut out of the site. Looks like a lot of other people did too based on the lack of recent posts.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #217
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

In about 2 or 3 years, that's not going to be a very pleasant road trip up to the northwest anymore.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #218
bobatundi
Golden Member

oh yeah, big baby to boston
Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #219
bobatundi
Golden Member

Portland is rapidly becoming my #2 team. I love what they're doing with that team!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #220
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
In about 2 or 3 years, that's not going to be a very pleasant road trip up to the northwest anymore.
Especially if you include Golden State, who just made out like a bandit in this Brandan Wright deal.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #221
bobatundi
Golden Member

Surprised to see so many American players in the 40s. Thought this would be mostly internationals getting stashed overseas to develop.

I'm glad we took a guy at 34 who should be on the roster next year, even if he's at Ft Worth for a while. I want to see at least one of our draft picks. I'd like to see two.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #222
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Dang! I was hoping the Mavs would pick Marc Gasol with our next pick.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #223
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Portland is rapidly becoming my #2 team. I love what they're doing with that team!
Oden and Byars makes a pretty good night for them.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #224
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Same here.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #225
bobatundi
Golden Member

Mavs on the clock
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #226
bobatundi
Golden Member

I thought we might take Gray here...but Chicago beat us to it.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #227
peruna11

peruna11 is on a distinguished road

I like the Fazekas pick.... played four years of college ball put up some good stats and was second team all american his senior year. But who else did you expect to get? They didn't workout Davis so you should have known that he wasn't going to get drafted? If Davis would have been drafted many people would have pointed out his weight issue and said he's not athletic. Another issue I have is that many of you guys said that anyone that was drafted probably wouldn't help us much next year anyway? If we wanted an impact player than we would have to move up for a lottery pick and most of you did not want to get rid of terry or harris which would have been needed to get a lottery pick.
peruna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #228
bobatundi
Golden Member

Gimme Kyle Visser
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #229
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

NO GRAY
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #230
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

I just hope hes a black dude.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #231
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Gimme some short Puerto Rican guy!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #232
pkdumas
Golden Member

Where is the clock anyway?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #233
bobatundi
Golden Member

And the newest Maverick is...

Some dude I've never heard of and will probably never see in a game.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #234
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

uhhhh
Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #235
pkdumas
Golden Member

So who did we take?
\
Old 06-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #236
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Better your Subudus than mine.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #237
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
So who did we take?
\
Quote:
Some dude I've never heard of and will probably never see in a game
Old 06-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #238
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Our pick at Dallas, i am not impressed at all and let's hope he can make our roster.

I like all these guys better than who we chose, Byars, Reyshawn Terry, McRoberts, Davis, and again GS got Davidson. Much better than what we got. GS is doing good, so is SA and others.

Phx worked out McRoberts, Fazikas and another big guy and they said no to everyone of them.

Look at this, a guard/forward at 6'8" that has 10 rebounds, 14 points and 3 ast per night.

Dominic McGuire

McGuire possessing great size, terrific length, and a very nice frame. He is silky smooth on top of that, showing outstanding fluidity, excellent body control and the type of explosiveness needed to get into the lane and hang in the air. McGuire’s quick first step allows him to get to the basket at will, and he also looks comfortable pulling up for the jumper. He has the tools to become an extremely disruptive defender on the wing, especially in terms of his lateral quickness. Likewise, he is a very strong rebounder at the WAC level, pulling down just under nine per game.

Wash gets him at 17 in the 2nd round and this guy would dominate Fazikas. We pick 4th and throw our pick away. It will be lucky if Fazikas makes the team. You think Ager is bad? He will look terrific comparred to Fazikas.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #239
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Renaldas Seibutis is the one I wanted all along.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #240
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Why not Taurean Green?
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote