Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #201
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The sack Bledsoe took from the 45 is INEXCUSABLE!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Gimmee the Mavs, or gimmee death!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #203
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I think the play-calling was pretty damn bad for most of the game.
I think your post sums up the complete game. This is the most conservative offense in the NFL. Times have changed but Parcells and Bledsoe have not. They both are doing the exact same thing they did 10 years ago. Parcells conservative play calling and Bledose throwing INT's. It is clearly time for the Cowboys to move to 2006 NFL football. It will start with grounding Bledsoe and making this year the final year for Parcells.

Yes, T.O. dropped a couple of very high passes, but Bledsoe missed so many wide open passes. Taking that sack at the end was the killer and throwing that last INT was the final straw. Bledsoe and T.O. will never be the combo, because Bledsoe is too slow and makes too many mistakes. Lets give Romo a shot to see if Rome/T.O./Glen combo can lead the NFL. I think the Cowboys have the best receiver core in the NFL, and Bledsoe and Parcells are the best defense to stop them ;-)

Lastly, NFL 101 tells you to either put Bledsoe in shotgun or roll your quarterback when facing as many blitzes as the Eagles brought.
creditXpert2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #204
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I want to step in here and say that it wasn't really the offensive line. They got their pressure when they blitzed, and they blitzed a ton. You have to do different things when that happens. You have to throw quick stuff, throw vertically, sometimes throw the ball away.

I'll just say this: If I were a defensive coordinator against the Cowboys, I would blitz them all damn day long.

You HAVE to be able to counter the blitz, else the day gets long in a hurry.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #205
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

I'm starting to agree. I believed in Bledsoe last year, but now that I think about it that may just have been because he was/is better than Vinny. But man has he sucked ass this year. My patience is wearing thin- I hope Parcells' is too.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #206
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

It really was embarrasing how much they blitzed. There were times possessions where the Eagles blitzed on every play. What does that say about a quarterback with Bledsoe's experience and with the weapons he has at his disposal.?

Jim Johnson was scared shitless to blitz the ghost of Bret Farve but he has not problem blitzing Bledso into submission
Old 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #207
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was awful!

So much for that perfect weekend.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #208
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Bill Simmons tried to warn us about the guy. He's the biggest tease in the NFL.

He'll throw a couple of frozen ropes and you start thinking "why can't we win the Super Bowl with this guy". Well, that's why.

No kidding. Seems as if he's okay when his back is against the ropes. I guess now he feels his job is secured and is getting comfy and its costing us. He played decent ball when he thought Romo was coming to take his job.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #209
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Also, I thought the Cowboys were going to start running a two tight end offense? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see Fasano out there much today and I rarely saw the fullback Polite out there. They need as many people protecting Bledsoe as possible.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #210
chumdawg
Guru

That's funny. I distinctly remember both Polite and Fasano dropping balls they should have caught. They weren't invisible to me!
Old 10-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #211
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw fasano out there and saw bill bitching him out all the way back to the bench. Cursing him to no end.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #212
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, we are stuck with the circus and with Bledsoe.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #213
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Fasano sucked hard today. Dropped balls, missed blocks...total asswipe of a game for him.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-08-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #214
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's funny. I distinctly remember both Polite and Fasano dropping balls they should have caught. They weren't invisible to me!

That's actually the only plays I remember even seeing them. The one where Polite dropped a pass and the other where Fasano missed a block.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #215
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I saw fasano out there and saw bill bitching him out all the way back to the bench. Cursing him to no end.
Right. That was when he missed the block on the third-and-one before the half.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #216
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

We're paying Owens how much to be the decoy reciever?

If you don't get him in a rythm early hes never gonna be in the game no matter which reciever it is.

Last edited by Windmill360; 10-08-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #217
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°

If you don't get him in a rythm early hes never gonna be in the game no matter which reciever it is.
If only Bledsoe wouldn't underthrow him every time he's open. I'm tired of watching Bledsoe, give me Romo now. I know it's probably early to make that move since we still have a good chance at the division but I don't care. It may be a reach to say this but I really think we would have won today if Romo was our starting qb. At least he wouldn't have gotten sacked like 10 times.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #218
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

that game was inexcuseable by Bledsoe, 3 freaking interceptions?! 2 when they could have tied?! It seems like Bledsoe trusts Glenn more than T.O. every time he throws his way he second guesses, and the ball floats to a wide open player from the other team. The Cowboys have to make a change at qb and put romo in , i think the perfect time is to put him in next week vs the Texans.
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #219
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:

I knew this was going to happen when we signed T.O. and the media asked Bill would T.O. still catch 90 passes with him, and he said "NO"...That to me was the first sign that Bill was not going to use T.O. to his full potential. Never in my life have I seen a coach use his star player as a decoy. This happened against Jacksonville and the Eagles and both times they lost.

No cornerback in the NFL can cover him, so you exploit that until the opponent adjusts and take away all that blitzing. If you are not passing then the blitz will kill you. The Eagles are the best in the business in this formation and Bill and company played into their hands. The Cowboys offense is nothing more than the 1991 Giants offensive sets Bill used back then. Look back at the tapes and you will see the same type of plays.

Bledsoe still plays at the same pace as 1995, while the game is about twice as fast. Bledsoe is not equipped to read the defense at this speed. Romo is a better choice because he reads quicker.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #220
chumdawg
Guru

C'mon, now. Any team can take a receiver out if it wants to. Bledsoe isn't going to throw it into double coverage all game long. They rolled their safety up and gave Owens nothing downfield.

This was not hard to do. What we needed to do was make them pay for it, or move Owens around a little more. We didn't do a good job of either.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #221
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the headline on MSN frontpage: "T.O. Flops in Philly return". What does that tell you?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #222
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He's only a decoy if you don't throw it to him. He looked open quite a bit today, blocked well and played with some piss and vinegar. I liked what I saw, bitching and all.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #223
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

damnit.....I watched the 1st half, and then had to go to church.....wtf happened in the 2nd half?

I hope they show one of those hour long replays on NFL network this week....
Old 10-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #224
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
damnit.....I watched the 1st half, and then had to go to church.....wtf happened in the 2nd half?

I hope they show one of those hour long replays on NFL network this week....
You can read full recaps from here!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:23 AM   #225
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Frustrating game today. I was ready to be glad for Jerry to give Zimmer and Bledsoe his walking papers. I calmed down now but not on Bledsoe. That may take a day or two. Another game of this, and I want Romo.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #226
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
C'mon, now. Any team can take a receiver out if it wants to. Bledsoe isn't going to throw it into double coverage all game long. They rolled their safety up and gave Owens nothing downfield.

This was not hard to do. What we needed to do was make them pay for it, or move Owens around a little more. We didn't do a good job of either.
Game planning and adjustments are simple to do. Everyone knew the Eagles were going to blitz, but the Cowboys did not plan for it. Second, anytime you are playing a cover 2 defense like the Eagles did on T.O., football 101 says to bring T.O. underneath the coverage and patterns across the field away from it. The Cowboys started to do this at the end of the game, as well as they started to roll Bledsoe away from the blitz as well. These adjustments should have been made at half-time.

Cover 2 is designed for to take away the deep threat. When this happens you call for plays that brings your receivers down under and across the field. Yes, just about any team can take a receiver out, but to also call blitzes each play is suicide. All the receivers were open across the middle each play, watch the tapes on it. Most of the plays called were patterns to where the route was too deep into coverage.

Lastly, when your quarterback is as slow as Bledsoe and the opponent is blitzing on every play, where do you position your quarterback? Simple..Shot-gun....Or roll your coverage..