Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-23-2007, 01:44 AM   #201
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

What a hit that was. Also, when Bradie James flattened ___ on that catch. (Who was the guy he pummeled?)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #202
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Rony Tomo is a stand up guy.
You mean Rick Romo?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-23-2007, 02:50 AM   #203
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They only won by 7?
Old 12-23-2007, 07:05 AM   #204
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - In a little more than one quarter of football, Terrell Owens already had matched his catch total from the last two games with five receptions.
He found the end zone again for the first time since late November.
Owens appeared on his way to another stellar performance, but his night was cut short by a high left ankle sprain suffered early in the second quarter of the Cowboys' 20-13 win.
Owens never returned to action.
Now, the question is just when he will return again.
X-rays on his ankle came back negative, but Owens will have an MRI on Sunday to determine the severity of the sprain.
While team owner Jerry Jones and Owens himself didn't sound as if the injury was too serious, the Cowboys will be cautious, considering the nagging nature of a high ankle sprain.
"I'm a little sore - in some pain right now," said Owens, who needed crutches and a walking boot leaving the locker room. "But I've been through this before. It definitely could've been worse. I'll have an MRI (on Sunday) and we'll go day-to-day from there."
Owens made two nice sideline grabs in the second quarter to extend drives. But his final catch occurred late in the first half when made a third-down catch over the middle and was brought down awkwardly by Panthers linebacker Jon Beason.
Defenses had kept Owens in check the last two weeks. He caught only three passes for 21 yards against Detroit, and last Sunday against the Eagles, he was held without a catch for the first three quarters before getting two receptions for 37 yards in the fourth quarter.
But the Cowboys got Owens involved much earlier on Saturday night. He scored the first touchdown of the game on quick pass in the flat, where he made Carolina cornerback Richard Marshall miss in the open field and strolled into the end zone for a 10-yard score.
The touchdown was Owens' 15th this season, setting a Cowboys club record previously set by Frank Clarke (1962).
But without Owens for most of the final three quarters, the Cowboys got solid play out of Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd and Miles Austin, who came up with a key fourth-down reception in the second quarter.
Hurd had three grabs for 50 yards, and Crayton led the Cowboys with seven catches for 65 yards without Owens in the lineup.
"Some explosiveness - some big-play capability," Crayton said of what the offense misses without Owens. "That's a serious weapon."
Even if Owens can't go next Sunday against the Redskins, which would give him nearly three full weeks of rest before the team's divisional round playoff game the weekend of Jan. 12-13, the Cowboys might get some relief at wideout as early as next week.
Jones said there is an "outstanding chance" that Terry Glenn will play against Washington, making his season debut after missing the first 15 games following a Sept. 13 knee scope.
Glenn practiced in a limited role last week and the coaching staff made the decision on Friday to sit the receiver once again, still wanting to see him at 100 percent before allowing him to return to action.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #205
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Jones said there is an "outstanding chance" that Terry Glenn will play against Washington, making his season debut after missing the first 15 games following a Sept. 13 knee scope.
Glenn practiced in a limited role last week and the coaching staff made the decision on Friday to sit the receiver once again, still wanting to see him at 100 percent before allowing him to return to action.
I miss TGlenn.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #206
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The Cowboys are doomed!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #207
ty
Diamond Member

We are mere mortals without TO.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #208
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

but with him, we are SPARTANS

Contact Me
Old 12-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #209
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
The Cowboys are doomed!
Oh, ye of little faith.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #210
alby
Guru

he says that in every thread.

Contact Me
Old 12-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #211
ty
Diamond Member

Source

Owens has high ankle sprain, unlikely to play in Week 17

An MRI conducted on Terrell Owens confirmed that the star Cowboys receiver has a high ankle sprain. No timetable has been given for his return but the team said it was unlikely he would play in Week 17 against the Washington Redskins.

The Cowboys clinched home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs after the Packers lost in Chicago on Sunday.

Owens actually will have three weeks -- until Jan. 12 or 13 -- to heal the left ankle injury sustained in the second quarter of a 20-13 victory over Carolina on Saturday night.

A source close to Owens speculated Saturday that he would hopefully be ready for their Divisional playoff game, ESPN's Ed Werder reported.

"It could've been worse," Owens said Saturday night. "I'm just going to follow the doctors' orders and take it day-to-day. I'm not going to rush anything. The bye week helps."

High ankle sprains are often slow to heal and tend to linger. Cornerback Anthony Henry missed three games early this season and still isn't back at full strength.

Then again, Owens prides himself on being a fast healer. He even owns a hyperbaric chamber to help the process. As proof of his recovery powers, he overcame a much more severe injury to play in the January 2005 Super Bowl, when doctors said that couldn't happen.

"I know it's not to the extent of where my first injury was," Owens said. "I'll be fine."

Owens' leg got caught underneath him when he was tackled by Jon Beason on a 4-yard catch in the second quarter. After limping around on the sideline for several minutes, Owens walked to the locker room.

A television camera later caught Owens walking near the locker room without a shoe on his left foot, accompanied by a trainer and agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Owens had five catches for 48 yards, including a 10-yard touchdown catch, before he was injured. The TD was Owens' team-record 15th of the season.

There's no purpose for T.O. to even try playing against the Redskins on Sunday as the only thing that'll be at stake for the Cowboys is a franchise record 14th victory.

Last edited by ty; 12-23-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #212
alby
Guru

no need for any Dallas starter to play

I want to see all second stringers
...even on special teams =p

Contact Me
Old 12-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #213
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If the Cowboys get to play the Vikings in the playoffs, we are probably looking at 40-15 all over again.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #214
alby
Guru

With the wild card teams, the Minnesota Vikings worry me the least while the Giants worry me the most.

The matchups are probably going to be:
Washington @ Seahawks
Giants @ Bucs

Of course, it can either be Washington/Minnesota/New Orleans in Seattle, but Washington has the inside track. I don't think any of those three teams will beat the Seahawks and I can easily see New York beating Tampa Bay which sets up a matchup between New York and Dallas for the third time this year.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-24-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #215
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not mistaken, we have never beaten the Redskins in the playoffs, and they have beat us twice. God, I hope they make it and win the wildcard and get seeded against us...and we BEAT THEIR ASS!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:52 AM   #216
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
With the wild card teams, the Minnesota Vikings worry me the least while the Giants worry me the most.

The matchups are probably going to be:
Washington @ Seahawks
Giants @ Bucs

Of course, it can either be Washington/Minnesota/New Orleans in Seattle, but Washington has the inside track. I don't think any of those three teams will beat the Seahawks and I can easily see New York beating Tampa Bay which sets up a matchup between New York and Dallas for the third time this year.
If Washington goes, I hope they beat the Hawks.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #217
alby
Guru

I want to somehow play Seattle in Dallas. It would be a pretty good storyline since everyone thought Romo would never be mentally the same after last year's botched snap.

Contact Me
Old 12-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #218
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If I'm not mistaken, we have never beaten the Redskins in the playoffs, and they have beat us twice. God, I hope they make it and win the wildcard and get seeded against us...and we BEAT THEIR ASS!!!
it would be exactly like the Mavericks. We play Washington (GS Warriors) next week, we rest our starters, pretty much give them the game, they make it to the playoffs and we play them with home field advantage.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-24-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #219
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
it would be exactly like the Mavericks. We play Washington (GS Warriors) next week, we rest our starters, pretty much give them the game, they make it to the playoffs and we play them with home field advantage.
Except that they don't OWN us and we aren't afraid of them.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #220
alby
Guru

haha true, and that the Cowboys would easily win

Contact Me
Old 12-24-2007, 01:53 AM   #221
ty
Diamond Member

Anything that happens before the Boys beat the Pats in the SuperBowl is meaningless.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:20 AM   #222
alby
Guru

^ rep =]

Contact Me
Old 12-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #223
ty
Diamond Member

Press conference with Wade Phillips.

Quote:
Question: How do you plan on using Terry Glenn?
Answer: As a Wide Receiver.