Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #201
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Is this a dumb question:

which is better?
Lebron and lose Roddy
Joe Johnson and Keep Roddy

with the essentials being Damp, Butler, and junk being sent in the ATL deal
and Damp, Butler, Roddy and junk for LeBron
If you can get Lebron or Wade and it costs you Booby you take that deal, and with perhaps one exception (Bosh if he doesn't cost you Booby) you don't even consider other trade possibilities that might be out there.

I'd also say that once you get to JJ on down I don't consider Damp + Butler to be a particularly good deal for the Mavs (conditional on whatever other pieces come back the Mavs' way).
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #202
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Considering LeBron alone can add 30-50 wins to your teams record ... I would say it's safe to say that giving up Roddy would be more than okay if we got LeBron in return. Roddy is a young stud, but we don't know how high is ceiling is, etc. etc. LeBron is pretty much a sure thing, and Carlisle will have to give him minutes! It will create a logjam at SF ... but honestly when you have LeBron playing next to Dirk ... this is not a bad problem to have.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #203
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Considering LeBron alone can add 30-50 wins to your teams record ... I would say it's safe to say that giving up Roddy would be more than okay if we got LeBron in return. Roddy is a young stud, but we don't know how high is ceiling is, etc. etc. LeBron is pretty much a sure thing, and Carlisle will have to give him minutes! It will create a logjam at SF ... but honestly when you have LeBron playing next to Dirk ... this is not a bad problem to have.
First, LeBron adding 30 to 50 wins, in which I am assuming you're meaning during the Regular Season, means nothing. We don't have a problem winning during the Regular Season, it's the playoffs that we just can't get a grasp of.

Second Roddy is not an option and will not be an option in reference to any trade talks.

Trust me we can find a way to play everybody that should be playing if Barea and Najera seem to find a way to get minutes.

Last edited by KINGBEEF; 05-14-2010 at 10:49 PM.
KINGBEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #204
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
first off Lebron will be a free agent, so there's no need to discuss a trade with Cleveland.

Second, LeBron adding 30 to 50 wins, in which I am assuming you're meaning during the Regular Season, means nothing. We don't have a problem winning during the Regular Season, it's the playoffs that we just can't get a grasp of.

Third Roddy is not an option and will not be an option in reference to any trade talks.

Trust me we can find a way to play everybody that should be playing if Barea and Najera seem to find a way to get minutes.
Umm....yes we do have to discuss a trade with Cleveland. Since we are over the cap, the only way to get LeBron is to do a sign & trade with Cleveland...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #205
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Umm....yes we do have to discuss a trade with Cleveland. Since we are over the cap, the only way to get LeBron is to do a sign & trade with Cleveland...
I keep forgetting that we're over the cap. Disregard the first part of that message. but from the second point on, i am golden

Last edited by KINGBEEF; 05-14-2010 at 10:48 PM.
KINGBEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #206
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

It's not about standings or rankings, its the fact that LeBron produces so much during games consistently across an entire season.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #207
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
I keep forgetting that we're over the cap. Disregard the first part of that message. but from the second point on, i am golden
If you keep forgetting that we're over the cap, how could we take your analysis seriously?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #208
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
30-50 wins...damn i hope we get lebron so we'll be undefeated next year
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #209
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be great if somehow Shaq influenced Lebron into coming to Dallas just like he almost did with McGrady back when he wanted out of Orlando? We use Damp's contract and then sign Shaq as the backup to Haywood.

Kidd/Roddy
Roddy/Terry
Lebron/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Shaq

Last edited by Windmill360; 05-15-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:22 AM   #210
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i think the lebron question is: will he let anyone coach him that isn't a Phil Jackson/Pat Riley type?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #211
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

ps - anyone here this crazy rumor that delonte west was sleeping with lebron's mom, and that's why his production dropped in the celtics series?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #212
Zki41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Wouldn't it be great if somehow Shaq influenced Lebron into coming to Dallas just like he almost did with McGrady back when he wanted out of Orlando? We use Damp's contract and then sign Shaq as the backup to Haywood.

Kidd/Roddy
Roddy/Terry
Lebron/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Shaq
I was reading the Cavs forums at RealGM. A lot of people were talking about how LeBron felt that Shaq shouldn't play as much against Boston (he wanted to go smaller I suppose), but Mike Brown sided with playing Shaq, thus frustrating LeBron.

That being said, I'm not sure Shaq and LeBron are on the best of terms ...
Old 05-15-2010, 03:51 AM   #213
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
i think the lebron question is: will he let anyone coach him that isn't a Phil Jackson/Pat Riley type?
I could be wrong but I have never got the impression that Lebron is at all a difficult player to coach. If he had won multiple championship earlier in his career like Kobe he might have gotten a big ego, but for a star of his caliber he seems to be a pretty humble guy.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-15-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #214
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How awesome would it be for the Mavs to get LeBron and win 105 games during the regular season!!!
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #215
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Is this a dumb question:

which is better?
Lebron and lose Roddy
Joe Johnson and Keep Roddy

with the essentials being Damp, Butler, and junk being sent in the ATL deal
and Damp, Butler, Roddy and junk for LeBron
I think its fairly dumb . Simply put, Lebron has a greater, more transcendent effect than Roddy and JJ put together...superduperstar power >>> depth

Lebron is the best player on the planet, I don't even consider Johnson to be a top 20 player.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #216
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Let's mix things up! To throw out a WORST case scenario: Shaq and McGrady, as a last last last resort. They talked about playing together for Dallas a few years ago.

Maybe McGrady's first round mojo and our bad first round mojo would cancel each other out.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #217
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

That worst case scenario would we still end up with Butler, Roddy, and Haywood? Lose Jet, and Damp? Bring in T-Mac and Shaq? Making the best of a worst situation. I would be okay for that (worst case scenario) as long as we still have Butler Roddy and Haywood.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #218
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd on his illness: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...with_carlisle/
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #219
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I could be wrong but I have never got the impression that Lebron is at all a difficult player to coach. If he had won multiple championship earlier in his career like Kobe he might have gotten a big ego, but for a star of his caliber he seems to be a pretty humble guy.
i wouldn't say he's difficult to coach...it's just that HE's the coach. you can tell he doesn't listen to mike brown, and i think that might be kinda why the cavs turn into a "hey let's watch lebron" team.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #220
kchan

kchan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
i wouldn't say he's difficult to coach...it's just that HE's the coach. you can tell he doesn't listen to mike brown, and i think that might be kinda why the cavs turn into a "hey let's watch lebron" team.
Maybe its got to do with Mike Brown not really too imaginative in offense. Especially in 4th Q situations. Its basically get the ball to Lebron and get out of the way.
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #221
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd said illness and the formality of exit interviews prompted him to miss the team's final gathering after they were eliminated from the playoffs by the Spurs.

He disputed rumors that he's at odds with coach Rick Carlisle. Kidd added that he played through a cold from the start of the series and also experienced back spasms.

"It wasn't anything that was alarming," Kidd said of the back spasms. "I made it all the way to the end [of the season] without any significant bruises or bumps until the back being a little tight on me. But Casey [Smith, head athletic trainer], we did everything. The only thing that I had was a cold, I was a little bit under the weather, but that was it.

"I didn't make shots. As a team, we didn't make shots when we had to and San Antonio played better than us."

Kidd said he informed Smith and others after Game 6 that he didn't plan on attending the final meeting.

"I've been in this league long enough to know that exit meetings are just about picking up your things and going home," Kidd said. "I was sick, and there was really nothing I could do. You know, sit there and say we lost? San Antonio beat us, that was it."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0o2RSGUoT
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #222
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
That worst case scenario would we still end up with Butler, Roddy, and Haywood? Lose Jet, and Damp? Bring in T-Mac and Shaq? Making the best of a worst situation. I would be okay for that (worst case scenario) as long as we still have Butler Roddy and Haywood.
We could sign Shaq for the MLE, and sign and trade Tmac for a couple 2nd rounders (since the Knicks are under the cap), and we would still have the DUST chip, which we could just use to get rid of Terry for a couple of cheaper players.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #223
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I don't mind Shaq at all if we get a elite player with him, Mcgrady right now is too much of a gamble, Shaq can't defend the pick and roll so I would prefer other bigs, but if it was shaq and wade or lebron id obviously do it in a nano second
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #224
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I don't mind Shaq at all if we get a elite player with him, Mcgrady right now is too much of a gamble, Shaq can't defend the pick and roll so I would prefer other bigs, but if it was shaq and wade or lebron id obviously do it in a nano second
Shaq is done. He was key to why the Celtics won btw.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #225
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

by no means would shaq be a starter on this team. But is he as good, better than Damp? I think he could play 20 minutes in a back up role.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #226
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Shaq is done. He was key to why the Celtics won btw.
nice try, the reason the Cs won was Jamison he couldn't defend kg nor did he score efficiently and Mo williams. Shaq averaged 13.5 and 5 for Celtics series, shooting 52% from the floor and 66 % from the line in 23.5 minutes.

Jamison scored 11.8 ppg in 33.3 mpg, shooting 42% from the floor, 19% from 3, and 66% from the line. he did have 5.8 Rebounds per game

Mo Williams scored 13.3 ppg, shooting 41% per from the floor, 21% from 3, and let rondo run circles around him. Shaq was clevelands second best player in the series as well as Varagou
Old 05-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #227
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
by no means would shaq be a starter on this team. But is he as good, better than Damp? I think he could play 20 minutes in a back up role.
he is better than damp no question about it
Old 05-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #228
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

No McGrady. No Shaq. Please. That's all.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #229
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
Maybe its got to do with Mike Brown not really too imaginative in offense. Especially in 4th Q situations. Its basically get the ball to Lebron and get out of the way.
well yeah....because the cavs have created that mindset throughout the organization.

Last edited by mkat; 05-15-2010 at 10:24 PM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #230
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
We could sign Shaq for the MLE, and sign and trade Tmac for a couple 2nd rounders (since the Knicks are under the cap), and we would still have the DUST chip, which we could just use to get rid of Terry for a couple of cheaper players.
Tmac is a unrestricted free agent. We don't need to trade for him. If we want him, we could use a bi-annual exception for him (did Dallas use this last year?) or even a minimum salary exception on him.

Btw, I wouldn't want him in Dallas. He's lost the athleticism that made him so great. I heard from somewhere that he was even considering retirement.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #231
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Btw, I wouldn't want him in Dallas. He's lost the athleticism that made him so great. I heard from somewhere that he was even considering retirement.
He said that he will train during the summer, and if he doesn't feel like he can bring what he thinks he should bring to the table, than he won't kid himself and retire... I kinda respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 AM   #232
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

i'm all for any player that brings our average age down, not up.

read: no shaq.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #233
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Im fine with Haywood and Damp next year.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #234
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

McGrady kicked our ass last time he had the chance. I would take him, he would be better than anything else we have.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #235
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Lessee...If I trade Damp out and bring in Snack..that's got to be a positive I expect.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #236
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

"better than what we have" is not good enough. Butler was better than what we had. We need to be shooting quite a bit higher than marginally acceptable improvement.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #237
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

The only way we even talk sign and trade with Cleveland is if Lebron agrees to our contract offer, then we can open up trade talks with Cleveland. Even then, Lebron has no leverage, other than walking to his 2nd choice and signing outright, thus Cleveland has to decide, get something or have nothing.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #238
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
"better than what we have" is not good enough. Butler was better than what we had. We need to be shooting quite a bit higher than marginally acceptable improvement.

Nothing is going to be good enough, until we win it all. That isn't happening unless we make a major move and get a superstar that will make Dirk the #2 or 1b. Thats just the way it is in reality, choose to live in it or not.

That said, lets not snub our nose at a player better than anything we have at a certain current position especially SG. Obviously you don't break the bank or overpay for McGrady by any means. What else are you going to do when the Lebron talk and most likely the WAde talk ends up where we all know it will (not in dallas) aside from overpaying Joe Johnson??? You still try to get as good as you can, right?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #239
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone have ESPN Insider? I'm curious to see what this turd has to say about James' best possible sidekicks.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...ings_hollinger
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #240
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

too lazy to paste, but his numbers say Bosh and Nowitzki would be the 2 best sidekicks and that Wade/Rose/Harris aren't great fits with Lebron, due to high useage rates.

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with the latter. Wade/Lebron is the top 2 players in the league... it would have to work out, and likely be pretty awesome.

but I digress. Dirk/Lebron do compliment each other nicely.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...