Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #201
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

annoyingdoubleagentchick?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #202
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

japaneseRobin?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #203
sike
The Preacha

blackmindwiper?

Old 10-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #204
sike
The Preacha

QBkobewannaB?

Old 10-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #205
sike
The Preacha

brainsuckingsysy?

Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #206
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Indianmissingdaddyson?
Yes.... that is a good one.

And don't forget about senatorfly
Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #207
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

you killed it

I mean you just flat out murdered your funny bit.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #208
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

what about daddyashes?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #209
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
you killed it

I mean you just flat out murdered your funny bit.
or did I?

(try and topple that air tight argumentation!)

Old 10-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #210
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
what about daddyashes?
crazyprofindydaddyashes?

Old 10-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #211
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

so do you think darkmysteryflyer is brainsuckingsysy?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #212
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
or did I?

(try and topple that air tight argumentation!)

do you have an evil, slightly hotter from some reason (right?) other personality that sneaks out in the middle of the night and kills people and then doesnt remember it?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 PM   #213
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
so do you think darkmysteryflyer is brainsuckingsysy?
good question, U2. Good question. Do you think crazyprofindydaddyashes is darkmysteryflyer who is brainsuckingsysy?

Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #214
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
do you have an evil, slightly hotter from some reason (right?) other personality that sneaks out in the middle of the night and kills people and then doesnt remember it?
oh...he's hotter alright. (huh?)

Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #215
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

BREAKING NEWS:

NBC is cancelling the show because of this thread.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #216
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
oh...he's hotter alright. (huh?)

when she was talking to herself in the mirror, the evil personality looked better than the other one I thought
Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #217
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
good question, U2. Good question. Do you think crazyprofindydaddyashes is darkmysteryflyer who is brainsuckingsysy?
Perhaps.... however I would need to know who the hell you are talking about when you mention crazyprofindydaddyashes (or cpfda for short pronounced, of course, se-pu-fuda)
Old 10-31-2006, 01:10 PM   #218
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
when she was talking to herself in the mirror, the evil personality looked better than the other one I thought
no doubt...bad girls always are.

seriously though...they had her looking more "done up"

Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #219
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Perhaps.... however I would need to know who the hell you are talking about when you mention crazyprofindydaddyashes (or cpfda for short pronounced, of course, se-pu-fuda)
cpda (no "f") is the Original Daddy Doc who is thought to be dead...but we all know is not: cpida = crazy prof indy daddy ashes

Old 10-31-2006, 01:12 PM   #220
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My head hurts.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #221
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I'm looking forward to seeing superhotblackgirlwhosleptwithstealypowerboyandused todatepainterboy again, she's hot as well.

Seriously, though, seems kind of odd that the cheerleader is the one that that needs saving and is drawn in a bloody mess, considering she's invincible...

which leads me to stealypowerboy... I wonder if he just sort of 'copies' others abilities when he's around them, or does he get others' abilities and prevent them from using them? Maybe that's how the cheerleader would die or whatever, he turns her mortal?

Also, nice to see the cheerleader out in public in normal clothes, amazing! I didn't know who she was for a sec.

Last edited by irontoad; 10-31-2006 at 01:14 PM.
irontoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:17 PM   #222
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
I'm looking forward to seeing superhotblackgirlwhosleptwithstealypowerboyandused todatepainterboy again, she's hot as well.

Seriously, though, seems kind of odd that the cheerleader is the one that that needs saving and is drawn in a bloody mess, considering she's invincible...

which leads me to stealypowerboy... I wonder if he just sort of 'copies' others abilities when he's around them, or does he get others' abilities and prevent them from using them? Maybe that's how the cheerleader would die or whatever, he turns her mortal?

Also, nice to see the cheerleader out in public in normal clothes, amazing! I didn't know who she was for a sec.
interesting.... if goodygoodytwoshoes can take away other heroes powers that would be quite a twist. It's interesting to note how he didn't have to be on drugs to paint the future.

I wish they would move on to tell us what Poppa mystery's purpose is. The narrator wishes us to believe him to be evil.... but he also wanted us to believe hot was/is dead.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:19 PM   #223
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I dont know if superhotblackgirlwhosleptwithstealypowerboyandused todatepainterboy is really SUPER hot. Maybe just regularlyhotblackgirlwhosleptwithstealypowerboyand used todatepainterboy

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-31-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #224
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

UL, i take it you have never watched LOST. this is following a very similar format. it's not 24, which is wrapped up in a season. LOST still has questions that have not been fully answered.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-31-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #225
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
UL, i take it you have never watched LOST. this is following a very similar format. it's not 24, which is wrapped up in a season. LOST still has questions that have not been fully answered.
LOST was my favorite show for a little more than a season or so - until it became painfully obvious that instead of mapping out a true story arc, the writers were just making it up as they went along.

I still have hopes for Heroes. Saving New York from an explosion is a little more tangible than "what's in the hatch?" "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" has the potential to be an endless lead on, though.

I was thinking maybe they'd set it up to have one big evil plot to foil every season (hence the parallel to 24).

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-31-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #226
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'm still loving LOST. the writers have an end game in mind, but i do think that they are constantly changing what they want for the bulk of the story. i think the same thing is going to happen to Heroes. and i don't mind at all.

i've enjoyed LOST much more once i decided to stop trying to actively figure things out (spoilers, searching the web, etc.). and i'm taking that approach from the beginning with Heroes.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:37 PM   #227
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i'm still loving LOST. the writers have an end game in mind, but i do think that they are constantly changing what they want for the bulk of the story. i think the same thing is going to happen to Heroes. and i don't mind at all.

i've enjoyed LOST much more once i decided to stop trying to actively figure things out (spoilers, searching the web, etc.). and i'm taking that approach from the beginning with Heroes.
I understand the attraction. It's just not for me. There were a couple things I really wanted to know about on lost - and after they shifted focus to 3 or 4 other mysteries, and what was a central theme just kinda disappeared without being answered, I lost interest quickly. I just didn't have the energy to invest in more curiousities without having the open questions satiated.

I'm really hoping that a year from now I'm not sitting here thinking, "hey, wasn't there some kinda strange symbol thing that kept showing up on Heroes, I wonder why they never explained that." or somesuch.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #228
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

can we please keep the thread drift to a minimum?

http://www.cnn.com/ewhome/report/0,6...0.html?cnn=yes
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #229
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

speaking of heroes....maybe Hiro Nakamura can help the Mavs with their first 2 games
Old 11-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #230
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The show's still not getting any better.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:31 AM   #231
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The show's still not getting any better.
odd timing to post this the day before the new episode.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #232
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
can we please keep the thread drift to a minimum?

http://www.cnn.com/ewhome/report/0,6...0.html?cnn=yes
Wow.... that article is kind of "spoilerish" but it sure makes me long for November 27th to come.

But thought I would give ample warning to anyone that hasn't read it yet that it's "somewhat" spoilerish (not horribly so). But an EXCELLENT read.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #233
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I very much look forward to this show on mondays now!!.....

and that is a good read, and a little spoilerish. But not too bad.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:08 AM   #234
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
odd timing to post this the day before the new episode.
well, I had just watched last week's episode.
This week's episode?...... ehh, I'll give it a "C" which is right in line with the rest of the episodes.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:19 AM   #235
sike
The Preacha

liked tonight.

just so everyone who is following along at home is clear: EVERYONE HAS SUPER POWERS!

Old 11-07-2006, 06:17 AM   #236
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
liked tonight.

just so everyone who is following along at home is clear: EVERYONE HAS SUPER POWERS!
Yeah, I know... personally I'm kind of getting bugged by that, as well, I wish they would have just kept it to the original characters... it's like, "Oh, look at these 7 special people with super powers, let's focus on them and how they're going to use their powers to save the world... oh, but this guy has super powers, and that guy does over there, too. Ah what the hell, let's just give super powers to everybody!"

I was kind of annoyed with how that started (w/ Nikki's husband) last episode, but decided to overlook it, but not thrilled with how they just threw in some guy with another power in the latest one. This episode really didn't seem to go anywhere at all either, and that's kind of pissing me off, advance the story for crying out loud...

Geez, apparently I ramble when I post at 4 in the morning... What a doofus... Rufus the doofus... Rufus the toofless doofus
Old 11-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #237
sike
The Preacha

I don't like the Radioactive guy...but the kid having powers is a natural thing...but I wish they would have held that bit of info for latter.

though it was cool seeing how much the kid actually understand the situation. Talking to Jessica as if he's always known...which I suspect he has.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #238
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Very, very cool episode last night.

Loved the scene at the end with the kid. Love the stuff with the cop, really like that character.

Really good show.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #239
sike
The Preacha

you like how they keep introducing new potential heroes, thiggy?

the cops wife is a filthy cheating soinso!

Old 11-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #240
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Wow.... that article is kind of "spoilerish" but it sure makes me long for November 27th to come.

But thought I would give ample warning to anyone that hasn't read it yet that it's "somewhat" spoilerish (not horribly so). But an EXCELLENT read.

I was looking at a certain actor's page on imdb.com and incidentally found out who Sylar is going to be. I would've been mad, but i typically like his work.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote