Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Quote:
Quote:
no reply to the 141 INT comments huh? guess you guys thought i didnt know my stats, but i do
141 INT for a 12 year career? Isn't that under 12 INTs per season? Wouldn't someone who knew "stats" know that was an OUTSTANDING number.

Your bag of nothing is REALLY evident today.
correct me if i am wrong but that wasnt your argument was it?

READING COMPRENSION! My original argument was that Aikman rarely threw the ball up for grabs. Unless you can PROVE that a significant percentage of Aikman's interceptions were jump balls then you lose the argument.

Now I know what doc goes through with you. You don't listen to other people and your facts never prove anything.
sure bro, you said rarely now you say i have to prove that a significant % were jump balls. ok, whatever you say. the proof is there, if you honestly believe that out of 141 INTs, that he "rarely" threw the ball up for grabs then i dont know what to say. you also said he ALWAYS did the smart play, its obvious who, if anyone, lost this argument
Old 10-05-2003, 02:57 PM   #202
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cowboys vs. Cardinals Gameday Thread

Arizona with 151 yards total offense.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:57 PM   #203
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cowboys vs. Cardinals Gameday Thread

WE WIN!!!!

What a classy way to end the game.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #204
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Cowboys have just won 3 straight, when has that last happened?
Well, I have a lot of homework. Have a great rest of the weekend everybody!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #205
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

looks like this one is over, and great showing by the cowboys
Old 10-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #206
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
no reply to the 141 INT comments huh? guess you guys thought i didnt know my stats, but i do
141 INT for a 12 year career? Isn't that under 12 INTs per season? Wouldn't someone who knew "stats" know that was an OUTSTANDING number.

Your bag of nothing is REALLY evident today.
correct me if i am wrong but that wasnt your argument was it?

READING COMPRENSION! My original argument was that Aikman rarely threw the ball up for grabs. Unless you can PROVE that a significant percentage of Aikman's interceptions were jump balls then you lose the argument.

Now I know what doc goes through with you. You don't listen to other people and your facts never prove anything.
sure bro, you said rarely now you say i have to prove that a significant % were jump balls. ok, whatever you say. the proof is there, if you honestly believe that out of 141 INTs, that he "rarely" threw the ball up for grabs then i dont know what to say. you also said he ALWAYS did the smart play, its obvious who, if anyone, lost this argument
READING COMPRENSION! I said he "almost" ALWAYS did the smart play.

Can you call someone who lost an argument a LOSER?
Old 10-05-2003, 03:05 PM   #207
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
I can't remember the last time Larry Allen was 100%. When do you think he can be fully recovered from this injury?

Not sure but i'm loving this injured Larry Allen. He is still a great offensive lineman when not healthy.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:06 PM   #208
QCarFan
Golden Member

the proof is there, im out. later all
Old 10-05-2003, 03:36 PM   #209
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I see the dunderpatian king was alive and well in todays GDT. Good grief that is some sad commentary. Sorry you had to learn the hard way Wayne.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #210
Drbio
Banned

For the record, I actually missed the majority of the game today because of a work emergency. I am going to watch the recording and chime in later.

edit: The radio broadcast was not kind even in victory. I'll be interested to watch the game.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:07 PM   #211
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
the people still on those 5-11 and 6-10 predictions are hilarious

What games are we gonna win Qcarfan?

How is it so hilarious that I think they want be a .500 team?

Heres how I see it

Regular Season
Sun 9/7 Atlanta L 13-27
Mon 9/15 at NY Giants W 35-32
bye
Sun 9/28 at NY Jets W 17-6

Sun 10/5 Arizona 1:00 pm WIN
Sun 10/12 Philadelphia 1:00 pm LOSS
Sun 10/19 at Detroit 1:00 pm WIN
Sun 10/26 at Tampa Bay 1:00 pm LOSS
Sun 11/2 Washington 1:00 pm LOSS
Sun 11/9 Buffalo 4:15 pm LOSS
Sun 11/16 at New England 8:30 pm LOSS
Sun 11/23 Carolina 1:00 pm LOSS
Thu 11/27 Miami 4:05 pm LOSS
Sun 12/7 at Philadelphia 1:00 pm LOSS
Sun 12/14 at Washington 1:00 pm LOSS
Sun 12/21 NY Giants 1:00 pm LOSS
Sun 12/28 at New Orleans 1:00 pm WIN
If you've watched every cowboy game this year and honestly think they are going 2-8 you are not in tuned with the current state of the NFL. It's hard to go 2-8. You have to be a pretty bad football team. You can't look at this team say they're a bad team. They are an average team in today's NFL, meaning they can win or lose any game.

This team has proven 2 things so far:
1)they do a pretty good job of stopping the run
2)they do a pretty good job of moving the footbal

That's not a formula for going 2-8. Picking games win by win is pointless. You don't know who will be injured, how a team will be playing, or what the conditions will be. Based on the schedule before the season, we should be 1-4. Today's game is the only one that we would have been favored to win.

People need to stop trying to discredit this team by saying they almost lost the Giants game. Once again people, that's football. The other team is going to make mistakes. Look at any team at the end of the season and there will be games that could have gone the other way on one or two plays, but any coach worth a damn will tell you: you never lose a game on one play.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:14 PM   #212
QCarFan
Golden Member

great post dirno2000
Old 10-05-2003, 04:18 PM   #213
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Excellent post dirno, I wish you could of backed us up during the Cowboy game...
Old 10-05-2003, 04:23 PM   #214
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000

If you've watched every cowboy game this year and honestly think they are going 2-8 you are not in tuned with the current state of the NFL. It's hard to go 2-8. You have to be a pretty bad football team. You can't look at this team say they're a bad team. They are an average team in today's NFL, meaning they can win or lose any game.
The Broncos started 3-1 and wound up 9-7

The Chargers started 4-0 and wound up 8-8

The year before the Skins started out strong and faded quickly.

Quote:
This team has proven 2 things so far:
1)they do a pretty good job of stopping the run
2)they do a pretty good job of moving the footbal

That's not a formula for going 2-8. Picking games win by win is pointless. You don't know who will be injured, how a team will be playing, or what the conditions will be. Based on the schedule before the season, we should be 1-4. Today's game is the only one that we would have been favored to win.

People need to stop trying to discredit this team by saying they almost lost the Giants game. Once again people, that's football. The other team is going to make mistakes. Look at any team at the end of the season and there will be games that could have gone the other way on one or two plays, but any coach worth a damn will tell you: you never lose a game on one play.
We'll see. I hope the Boys contend for a playoff spot or at least a winning record.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:31 PM   #215
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:

None of these teams went 2-8. They went on to perform as average teams when it was all said and done. I'm not saying we're going to continue to win 75% or our games, but 2-8 is kind of ridiculous. It would take major injuries at a # of positions. Even then it's not likely. Usually when teams goes on a losing streak like that it's partially because they quit on the coach. Anybody see this happening that year?

Old 10-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #216
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

None of these teams went 2-8. They went on to perform as average teams when it was all said and done. I'm not saying we're going to continue to win 75% or our games, but 2-8 is kind of ridiculous. It would take major injuries at a # of positions. Even then it's not likely. Usually when teams goes on a losing streak like that it's partially because they quit on the coach. Anybody see this happening that year?
this team wont quit, thats for sure. we will see whos right and whos wrong seen, 2-8 or 3-8, whatever it is, it's pretty ridiculous like you said
Old 10-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #217
MFFL
Guru

I agree that it looks like we'll probably win 7 to 9 games this year. But this season could turn VERY quickly. We have an incredibly hard part of the schedule coming up.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:10 PM   #218
QCarFan
Golden Member

we are ready, go cowboys! 10 and 6 baby!
Old 10-05-2003, 06:38 PM   #219
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well all I know is that if washington doesn't make a two point conversion the cowboys will be leading the nfc east after 4 games. I would have bet a lot of folks that wouldn't be the case a month ago.

And there you have it!! First place baby.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:40 PM   #220
QCarFan
Golden Member

go cowboys
Old 10-05-2003, 06:44 PM   #221
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Game over. Cowboys sit alone atop the NFC East (at least for a week)
Old 10-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #222
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Game over. Cowboys sit alone atop the NFC East (at least for a week)
We had to start somewhere right? haha, go cowboys
Old 10-05-2003, 09:06 PM   #223
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Ten things I think I think:
1) The cowboys have their first 3 game winning streak since 99.
2) The pass rush came alive capped off by consecutive safties.
3) Darren Woodson and Roy Williams are two of the best safties in the league
4) Jeff Blake- can't play.
5) The cowboys trio of Antonio Bryant, Terry Glenn, and Joey Galloway is a great set of recievers.
6)Qcard continues to improve this time with a 20-30 performance with two touchdowns and an interception.
7) Jason Whitten should be the starter on d after consecutve first down catches.
8) Troy Hamberick follows a good performance with an average performance.
9) Richie Anderson is the best fullback since Moose!
10) The cowboys defense was suffocating with a 152 total yards allowed. They swarmed to the ball only allowed the cardinals to rush for 36 yards. D. Stewart and Willie Blade add a new dimension to the defense with size and strength.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #224
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Ten things I think I think:
1) The cowboys have their first 3 game winning streak since 99.
2) The pass rush came alive capped off by consecutive safties.
3) Darren Woodson and Roy Williams are two of the best safties in the league
4) Jeff Blake- can't play.
5) The cowboys trio of Antonio Bryant, Terry Glenn, and Joey Galloway is a great set of recievers.
6)Qcard continues to improve this time with a 20-30 performance with two touchdowns and an interception.
7) Jason Whitten should be the starter on d after consecutve first down catches.
8) Troy Hamberick follows a good performance with an average performance.
9) Richie Anderson is the best fullback since Moose!
10) The cowboys defense was suffocating with a 152 total yards allowed. They swarmed to the ball only allowed the cardinals to rush for 36 yards. D. Stewart and Willie Blade add a new dimension to the defense with size and strength.
I think you think correctly on most of these. #9 is a little worrisome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WARNING: Everyone wait for an ass kiss post by Qtardfan...something like "I agree" or "Great post".
Old 10-05-2003, 09:10 PM   #225
QCarFan
Golden Member

very good post jayC
Old 10-05-2003, 10:32 PM   #226
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

QCarFan - It's humorous to me that you throw one stat out, a stat that actually supports MFFL's argument, and you think you've won a debate. Aikman is the 4th most accurate passer in NFL history, and a guy who for his career had incredibly low INT numbers. Compare them to the INT numbers of other great quarterbacks like Marino and Favre, and you'll realize that Aikman wasn't "throwing the ball up for grabs" that often. Then again, I don't expect you actually ANALYZE statistics and what they might mean. Moreover, I don't expect you to understand the game of football. Just throwing stats out there is a big achievement for you.

Old 10-05-2003, 10:35 PM   #227
Drbio
Banned

You are confusing the retard kg. Maybe you shouldn't use facts and well thought out conclusions.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:36 PM   #228
QCarFan
Golden Member

out of 141 INTs, how many you think was "throwed up for grabs?" no comments on the game, quincy and the cowboys play today? you said see you after game 2, well now game 4 just passed. we are 3-1, and quincys playing pretty well. comments?
Old 10-05-2003, 10:40 PM   #229
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
out of 141 INTs, how many you think was "throwed up for grabs?" no comments on the game, quincy and the cowboys play today? you said see you after game 2, well now game 4 just passed. we are 3-1, and quincys playing pretty well. comments?
Why not just address his post without trying to inject another topic? I know you are pathologically ignorant, but this is your calling card. We aren't going to let you get away with this crap anymore. Address his point. Then ask your incredibly worthless and uninsightful questions.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:43 PM   #230
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
out of 141 INTs, how many you think was "throwed up for grabs?"
Don't you understand how irrelevant that is? Even if all of them were "thrown up for grabs", you lose.

Quote:
no comments on the game, quincy and the cowboys play today? you said see you after game 2, well now game 4 just passed. we are 3-1, and quincys playing pretty well. comments?
Quincy's playing better than I thought he would, but he's far from the stellar performer you make him out to be. Coming into today's game he was 31st in the league in TD passes, 26th in completion percentage, and 21st in QB rating. So far he's a lot better than last year, but pardon me if I'm not quite ready to anoint the guy a legitimate NFL starter.

As for the game today, I thought the defense was oustanding. Carter had a great 1st half; he did nothing in the second half. The offensive line has shown that it is much improved, especially in its pass blocking.

The Boys have a rough stretch ahead. We'll learn more about Quincy in the weeks to come.

Old 10-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #231
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
Don't you understand how irrelevant that is? Even if all of them were "thrown up for grabs", you lose.

Quote:
no comments on the game, quincy and the cowboys play today? you said see you after game 2, well now game 4 just passed. we are 3-1, and quincys playing pretty well. comments?
Quincy's playing better than I thought he would, but he's far from the stellar performer you make him out to be. Coming into today's game he was 31st in the league in TD passes, 26th in completion percentage, and 21st in QB rating. So far he's a lot better than last year, but pardon me if I'm not quite ready to anoint the guy a legitimate NFL starter.

As for the game today, I thought the defense was oustanding. Carter had a great 1st half; he did nothing in the second half. The offensive line has shown that it is much improved, especially in its pass blocking.

The Boys have a rough stretch ahead. We'll learn more about Quincy in the weeks to come.

Nice post KG. Teams and players aren't proven in September and October, but in December and January.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #232
Drbio
Banned

Unfortunately though, kg's great post will be overlooked by choice or at least not understood by the residence idiot.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:10 PM   #233
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

oh sorry kg, just remember you saying check with you after week 2, now its week 5 and hadn't really heard much from you. my apologies, we will talk soon. also, let me add this.......the cowboys offense is ranked numero uno and any knowledgable person knows that the offense starts and ends with the qb. as of right now, i think he is doing a damn good job, just as alot of the local and national media.

and please tell me how i lost on that argument, it's fairly obvious to me, who, if anyone lost that one my good man
Old 10-05-2003, 11:13 PM   #234
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Unfortunately though, kg's great post will be overlooked by choice or at least not understood by the residence idiot.

Wow, doc you tons more accurate the the psychic hotline. Too bad you can't predict stocks as well.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 11:14 PM   #235
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

oh sorry kg, just remember you saying check with you after week 2, now its week 5 and hadn't really heard much from you. my apologies, we will talk soon.

and please tell me how i lost on that argument, it's fairly obvious to me, who, if anyone lost that one my good man

God, Why, Why, Why do you even post back?

KG makes a valid post and you just say nothing with your posts.
Stop posting.
Or if you can't do that , stop posting out of your a**, and if your too stupid to do that then just go to hell.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:20 PM   #236
QCarFan
Golden Member

my post was to kg_veteran by the way, I guess the quotes didn't help some figure that out. my apologies, i will try to add names to my posts from now on
Old 10-05-2003, 11:21 PM   #237
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

oh sorry kg, just remember you saying check with you after week 2, now its week 5 and hadn't really heard much from you. my apologies, we will talk soon.

God, Why, Why, Why do you even post back?

KG makes a valid post and you just say nothing with your posts.
Stop posting.
Or if you can't do that , stop posting out of your a**, and if your too stupid to do that then just go to hell.
Fah Q even hell has some standards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2003, 08:46 AM   #238
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

BTW, you can thank me for those two safeties. It was my yelling in the endzone that disrupted their offense just enough.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:53 AM   #239
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Since you didn't respond to my point, I thought I'd update Quincy's rankings after yesterday's game. He's now 13th in QB rating (not bad), but is 24th in completion percentage and 30th in TDs. I'm still not ready to anoint him a legitimate NFL starter.

I really want Quincy to succeed, because I want the Cowboys to succeed. That said, I think the schedule gets really tough from here, the Cowboys start facing some legitimate defenses, and I think you're going to see Quincy's decent numbers drop substantially.

Quote:
also, let me add this.......the cowboys offense is ranked numero uno and any knowledgable person knows that the offense starts and ends with the qb. as of right now, i think he is doing a damn good job, just as alot of the local and national media.
Actually, the offense starts and ends with the offensive line. But as for the "No. 1 ranking", you're right, they are No. 1 in overall yards and No. 11 in points scored per game. Let's see how they do as opposing defenses get a bit better. I hope they do well.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I did tell you. You quoted a stat which detracted from your argument rather than supported it.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:56 AM   #240
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
BTW, you can thank me for those two safeties. It was my yelling in the endzone that disrupted their offense just enough.
Good job, I'm proud of ya. The NFL record is 3, I wish we could of done that...