Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #201
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

and i read a rumor that scarecrow will be back, albeit briefly.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #202
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

man i am totally obsessed with batman.

well that being said, batman has always been my favorite super hero.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #203
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

BBL, i heard an interesting theory about Scarecrow being in The Dark Knight, that would actually make sense if it were true. I don't want to post it, b/c it's kinda spoilerish. I'll send you a message if you want to hear.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #204
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

someone post a good link to the new trailer...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #205
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
someone post a good link to the new trailer...
you do it.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #206
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I tried and don't know where to find a link...

so someone who knows a link to the new trailer...post it

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #207
MavsX
Diamond Member

haha
Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #208
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

This trailer's in HD.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 12-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #209
Nash13
Diamond Member

That link doesn't work well for me. If you want to just watch it on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-YEGbLZ6-w

~The Salesman
Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #210
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
wow...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:59 AM   #211
MavsX
Diamond Member

did i see a clip where batman is carrying the joker? wtf?

also

why is it called the dark night. is that batman? what does it mean.

answer these questions now!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #212
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yes, Dark Knight is another name/nickname for Batman.

been reading up on the movie. apparently, there's no origin story for the joker. personally, i think that's cool. apparently, joker didn't get an origin story in the comics until years after his debut.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #213
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yes, Dark Knight is another name/nickname for Batman.

been reading up on the movie. apparently, there's no origin story for the joker. personally, i think that's cool. apparently, joker didn't get an origin story in the comics until years after his debut.
the "red hood" i believe...but yeah...the joker was originally going to be a throw away character but the overwhelming fan support for him made him Batman's arch nemesis...I too like the lack of an origin story in this film

Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #214
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #215
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #216
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #217
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #218
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #219
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #220
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #221
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #222
MavsX
Diamond Member

and finally the most disturbing one....

Old 12-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #223
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Man... look at the gut on the guy behind the Joker in the last pic.

Edit: Wait... is that Hurley from Lost? Hard to tell.

Last edited by Tokey41; 12-17-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #224
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

haha nice toke

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #225
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the trailer about fifty times the night it was leaked onto youtube. Then went and saw I am Legend in IMAX the next day to see the prologue to the Dark Knight.

This is seriously the best theatrical trailer I've ever seen, and this movie's going to be awesome.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #226
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
man i am totally obsessed with batman.

well that being said, batman has always been my favorite super hero.
And yet you didn't know what "The Dark Knight" meant?! Son, you need to brush up on your Batman mythos. Your homework assignment is to read the following batman graphic novels before you see the movie:

The Dark Knight Returns
The Long Halloween
Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
The Killing Joke

and anything else you can get your hands on.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:59 AM   #227
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Watched the trailer about fifty times the night it was leaked onto youtube. Then went and saw I am Legend in IMAX the next day to see the prologue to the Dark Knight.

This is seriously the best theatrical trailer I've ever seen, and this movie's going to be awesome.
I did the exact same thing (watched the trailer over and over). It looks so ridiculously good.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #228
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
And yet you didn't know what "The Dark Knight" meant?! Son, you need to brush up on your Batman mythos. Your homework assignment is to read the following batman graphic novels before you see the movie:

The Dark Knight Returns
The Long Halloween
Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
The Killing Joke

and anything else you can get your hands on.
haha, i think i have all my comic books in storage, (from the early 90's)
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #229
MavsX
Diamond Member

i think i was asking why the movie was called that.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #230
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I have a hard time picturing it as well, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, considering how great Batman Begins was.
Just wanted to say, based on the trailer alone, I'm glad I took this stance from the beginning. If the trailer is any indication at all, there are some people who are going to look really silly if anyone reads the beginning of this thread.

I never thought Ledger was a poor actor at all, I just couldn't see him in this role. Boy howdy does it look like he's perfect so far.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #231
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

and a slight spoiler for everyone -

with the lack of origin story, they are also moving away from the "joker's face looks like that because of chemicals" angle. it's just going to be makeup, plain and simple.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #232
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

does anybody think this Bike is CGI? i bet its real.. i mean the batmobile or the tumbler was real.

i am sure there are parts that are cgi. either way. it looks bad ass
Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #233
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

it's real.

or at least, they have a real full-scale model. not sure if it is fully working.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #234
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

here's a link to the 6-minute preview before I Am Legend.

Quality is bad. it's basically someone filming in a theater. but here it is, nonetheless.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/batman/th...ler-334675.php
Old 12-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #235
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
it's real.

or at least, they have a real full-scale model. not sure if it is fully working.

woah. that thing is awesome, and she looks hot. Man that back tire is fat. thats what he said!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #236
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

let it be known that MavsX wants to get with Meredith Viera.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #237
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
let it be known that MavsX wants to get with Meredith Viera.
Let it be known that i have no idea who Meredith Viera is. I googled her, and i came up with this.
Please, Please don't find and post a picture where she looks like hell. Lets just pretend that she is hot, like sike's wife.

Last edited by MavsX; 12-18-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #238
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Let it be known that i have no idea who Meredith Viera is. I googled her, and i came up with this.
Please, Please don't find and post a picture where she looks like hell. Lets just pretend that she is hot, like sike's wife.
I was one of the guys who didn't initially like the appointment of Ledger...but I am so glad they are going with the joker of the killing joke...

my wife is totally hot...like the hottest girl in just about any room hot...

Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #239
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I was one of the guys who didn't initially like the appointment of Ledger...but I am so glad they are going with the joker of the killing joke...

my wife is totally hot...like the hottest girl in just about any room hot...

well evidently you are the man then. Good work. Now don't screw it up!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 AM   #240
Nash13
Diamond Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP6GgC0U1yU

Good stuff! I'm really looking forward to Aaron Eckhart.

~The Salesman

Tags
classic thread