Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #201
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Oh, and by the way, he got WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY, WAAAAYYYYY more contact there than Wade got in Game Five.
I'm watch the game with my dad and we were just talking about that. THATS the way you should win games, not throwing yourself in there hopefully getting a call. GO FOR THE BASKET! And that's what LeBron did. He didn't even need the foul call.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #202
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

As far as Game Five on the road performances go, I'm going to put this one right up there with Finley's against San Antonio in 2003.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #203
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I'm watch the game with my dad and we were just talking about that. THATS the way you should win games, not throwing yourself in there hopefully getting a call. GO FOR THE BASKET! And that's what LeBron did. He didn't even need the foul call.
The contact on Wade made the SEVERAL contacts on James look like flagrants, didn't it?

The interesting question is whether the refs would have blown the whistle if the shot didn't fall.

But since LBJ was on the road, probably not.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:01 PM   #204
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still amazed.

But what in the F do you say it your the pistons? That's a head scratcher.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 PM   #205
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

Lebron wade had a pretty good game however it seems like he had a little help from his buddy bennett. Detroit must feel like dallas did last year if he goes to the basket just let him score cause if not its twooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots. The nba must be praying that clevland takes this series and their baby jordan gets his first ring. Please lebron make gooden cut his tuft
Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 PM   #206
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

That was...not normal.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #207
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
Lebron wade had a pretty good game however it seems like he had a little help from his buddy bennett. Detroit must feel like dallas did last year if he goes to the basket just let him score cause if not its twooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots. The nba must be praying that clevland takes this series and their baby jordan gets his first ring. Please lebron make gooden cut his tuft
umm lebron only took 9 FTs in the last 22 minutes.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #208
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope you're not serious.

BronBron was taking it strong, and didn't need to shoot FT as often as Wade. The refs might've even missed a few "and ones" bc he was taking it so strong. If anything, he got hosed on some calls, that he didn't even need.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:06 PM   #209
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

wallace got fouled by marshall there at the end. If that was james they surely would have called it but I guess when you verbally abuse officials as much as he does it aint gonna happen
Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 PM   #210
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
wallace got fouled by marshall there at the end. If that was james they surely would have called it but I guess when you verbally abuse officials as much as he does it aint gonna happen
you've gotta be kidding. I remember a couple times where lebron would get 2 foul shots and wallace would get 2 foul shots immediately after (or before).

9 fts in the last 22 minutes doesn't = wade calls
Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 PM   #211
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I hope you're not serious.

BronBron was taking it strong, and didn't need to shoot FT as often as Wade. The refs might've even missed a few "and ones" bc he was taking it so strong. If anything, he got hosed on some calls, that he didn't even need.
Yeah, there may have been one or two *questionable* calls that went in Lebron's favor at the end of regulation and during the final two overtimes, but definitely not beyond the normal amount of questionable calls that occur during a game.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:09 PM   #212
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

If there's anything anyone should have a beef on, it's that the game-winner should have had a free throw right after.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:13 PM   #213
chumdawg
Guru

When LeBron came into the league, I had the suspicion that he might leave the game with the reputation of being the best to ever play it. Tonight's game goes a long way down that path. That was AWESOME!

Boy, that is strapping it on and saying you won't take no for an answer. That was fun to watch.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #214
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

After watching the highlights..... they were double teaming his ass!!. Those shots were crazy! I don't know what you can do about that. How frustrating for Pistons fans. It was just his night.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 PM   #215
fluid.forty.one

Dirk's 50 against the suns > This

both conference finals, but this one came down to the wire more soo it made it really fun.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 PM   #216
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
When LeBron came into the league, I had the suspicion that he might leave the game with the reputation of being the best to ever play it. Tonight's game goes a long way down that path. That was AWESOME!

Boy, that is strapping it on and saying you won't take no for an answer. That was fun to watch.
As I said earlier in this thread (before tonight), LeBron really is the best player in the league, when he isn't as passive as he was in the first half. I like that he had five assists at halftime and finished the game with seven. This is the LeBron James that could make a name for himself as the best player of all time.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:17 PM   #217
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

he did what he should be doing with that kind of body and god given talent... great performance.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:18 PM   #218
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Dirk's 50 against the suns > This

both conference finals, but this one came down to the wire more soo it made it really fun.
I'd love to agree with you..... that's tough, though. LeBron was on the road and his team....well I think I saw UL and kg_veteran out there in OT. His team consists of him and SPARES.

I still heart dirk more though.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:18 PM   #219
fluid.forty.one

This post-game show is hard to watch because of this idea. "they cant let lebron take those shots"

Charles and Kenny are basically saying "pistons need to not let lebron go 1 on 1"

but reggie thinks they are saying "lebron should pass it"

charles/kenny are coming from the pistons perspective and reggie thinks they are coming from the cleveland perspective.

this is tough to watch.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:20 PM   #220
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
This post-game show is hard to watch because of this idea. "they cant let lebron take those shots"

Charles and Kenny are basically saying "pistons need to not let lebron go 1 on 1"

but reggie thinks they are saying "lebron should pass it"

charles/kenny are coming from the pistons perspective and reggie thinks they are coming from the cleveland perspective.

this is tough to watch.
I just don't know what else the Pistons could've done? Triple team him at the top of the arch? let the other guys have layups? Wtf can you do?

TNT guys make me mad
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #221
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I think this LeBron kid is gonna be pretty good in a few years.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #222
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Lebron can win the East by himself, I think he will need Wade attention to actually win in the finals though... and I hope he gets it.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #223
StackAttack
Platinum Member

I seriously hope LeBron pulls something like this in the Finals. That would be incredible, to watch the Spurs suffer as we did.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 PM   #224
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Pistons could do nothing against Lebron. They are really showing why Ben Wallace was so valuable for them. He was a little more than 6 points and 12 boards a game. 'Bron would'nt have made it that easy to the rack without some contact.

I'm glad to see Lebron responding to the criticism as he has. Because he passed to Marshall in closing minutes he's all of a sudden not clutch. The media was ridiculous towards him. He's making them look like idiots.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #225
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Pistons could do nothing against Lebron. They are really showing why Ben Wallace was so valuable for them. He was a little more than 6 points and 12 boards a game. 'Bron would'nt have made it that easy to the rack without some contact.

I'm glad to see Lebron responding to the criticism as he has. Because he passed to Marshall in closing minutes he's all of a sudden not clutch. The media was ridiculous towards him. He's making them look like idiots.
Before these past three games, I would have called anyone referring to LeBron as clutch a mental patient.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #226
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I just don't know what else the Pistons could've done? Triple team him at the top of the arch? let the other guys have layups? Wtf can you do?

TNT guys make me mad
Detroit needed to execute better offensively. When Lebron's on a roll like that there's nothing you can do to stop him, so you've got to outscore him. The Pistons offense became completely stagnant, and Tayshaun Prince really had some bad turnovers in OT.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:50 AM   #227
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Amazing performance by Lebron, just incredible. He certainly made up for the two eggs he laid in the first two games of the series. They actually could win this series, which I didn't think they could before the series, and it's been all Lebron. He's really fun to watch.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:01 AM   #228
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I heart Dirk but this performance will be talked about 15, 20, 25 years from now if the pieces continue to fall (wrapping this series up, etc.)

This was the awesome.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:53 AM   #229
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

25 points in a row
29 of the last 30

this was better than Dirk's, sorry.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:35 AM   #230
wesbrynt

me thinks tayshaun prince has the worst job in sports right now
Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #231
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

wesbrynt is surely smoking something... cause my sole purpose of posting on this thread was to comment on how few calls lebron gets. of course this next part sounds homerish, but he and Dirk, who are supposed to be STARS in this league, get hacked to no end with no calls. hell, rasheed grabbed his wrist and pulled him down, no call.

i'm happy the cavs got the win, for a few reasons:

1) I actually like lebron. i think he is good-natured and actually seems decently humble, while still being cocky and arrogant. weird.
2) I want to see more of "The Lebrons" commercials
3) pistons vs. spurs in the finals? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
4) I need more HD footage of that travesty on the back of drew gooden's head. what the hell is that? either it's a marker for where his headband is supposed to go, he's trying to balance out rasheed's lone bald spot, or he lost a bet. i'm leaning toward the latter.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #232
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
4) I need more HD footage of that travesty on the back of drew gooden's head. what the hell is that? either it's a marker for where his headband is supposed to go, he's trying to balance out rasheed's lone bald spot, or he lost a bet. i'm leaning toward the latter.
It's actually where Drew was unplugged from that device that the artificial lifeforms use to convert human energy to their own use.
Drew is the one. Didn't you know?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #233
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

t he Musers just got through running down Lebron's peformance versus a number of great nba playoffs performances, including:

magic at the 5;
jordan's 63;
bill russell's 35 rebounds; and
walt frazier's 19 assists in a game 7 among other.

No mention of Dirk's 50 in game 5 of the WCF last year?!?! In fact, the only reference to that great performance was an unrelated comment by George that "sure, dirk beat the spurs and he had 50 in that one game but in game 3 of the finals he missed two free throws." (or nonsense very close to that)

I'd agree that Lebron's performance was even more remarkable than dirk's WCF game 5, but dirk's game was absolutely special and an obvious point of comparison. For the record:

w/ 3:27 to go in the 3rd, Dallas trailed Phoenix 77-70. From that point forward, Dirk scored 29 points while missing a grand total of 1 (one!) field goals and he grabbed 7 rebounds in the process. When he was finally taken out in the final minute he had single handedly out-scored phoenix 29-21.

I'd still give the edge to Lebron because of LBJ had more 1-on-5 kind of stuff, but Dirk's performance was unbelievable and an obvious point of comparison.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #234
fluid.forty.one

and Dirk probably would have scored more if they went into double overtime. he did it all in regulation.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #235
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

this is true

Contact Me
Old 06-01-2007, 11:36 AM   #236
fluid.forty.one

looking back... wow dirks game was incredible. I think some of you are subconsiously trying not to be homers by overrating that game, but he scored 29 points in the last 15 minutes of the game!! missing one shot!

50 points in 48 gametime minutes in the wcf
48 points in 58 gametime minutes in the ecf

both are pretty spectacular.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #237
fluid.forty.one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu5C2SXmW0s

wow that video gets me pumped up. I cannot wait for next season.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #238
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

To think...isn't LeBron supposed to be a Key Senior taking his College team to a National Championship? I wonder if he would be the #1 pick in next years NBA Draft?

All this, and from what I've seen he appears to have a grounded head on his shoulders...a kid who off the court, at least as far as I know has some class to him. Unlike that wantabe out on the West Coast...

On a side note, I'm an MFFL, but if Lebron takes over this league, the Mavs could become the Jazz as in good to great team unable to get past the prime players of this era. Dirk could be the Karl Malone of this generation with all the great numbers but no titles!!!

It's great to contend, but I would like to see a Championship at least once in my life...

Kudos to LeBron!!! Outside of the Mavs and our beloved Texas teams, I truly enjoy watchign this kid play!!!

Wade received the benefit of the anti-Dallas conspiracy and he was not a joy to watch last year...but LeBron, he does it his way and finishes strong...he could've played back in the day of the "Bad Boys"...meanwhile guys like Wade and Kobe would barely get off the bench...a couple of pretty boys...

Cle still has to win one more game...then we cat talk about the finals...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #239
alby
Guru

damn dirk

Contact Me
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #240
alby
Guru

sad how there was no Dal/Pho series this year......

Contact Me