Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #201
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Marc Gasol Expected To Receive Free Agency Pitch From Spurs, Lakers, Knicks, Mavs

I don't see any reason why he'd leave Memphis, but he's easily the best FA on the market, so you gotta make a pitch...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-20-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #202
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Mavs don't waste too much time chasing Gasol while letting others get away.
Would still focus on Jordan with Chandler being the backup plan.

My guess is the FO is thinking the Rondo issue, along with Parsons' injury, were the reasons we didn't advance in the POs and will bring everyone back. I'm assuming they will address PG with our draft pick one way or another.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-20-2015 at 04:16 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #203
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

If they bring everyone back, we won't make the playoffs next year....
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #204
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
If they bring everyone back, we won't make the playoffs next year....
I agree with you but I have a feeling the Mavs' FO doesn't.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #205
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Reports suggest that Jordan will be looking for a max contract. I'm curious as to what Tyson's price tag will be. Any guesses? I think he made $15M last season. Does he sign for about the same? Less? More? If he was willing to sign with the Mavs for $10-12M per year how would that change your view of Chandler vs. Jordan?

Last edited by purplefrog; 05-21-2015 at 10:50 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #206
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Reports suggest that Jordan will be looking for a max contract. I'm curious as to what Tyson's price tag will be. Any guesses? I think he made $15M last season. Does he sign for about the same? Less? More? If he was willing to sign with the Mavs for $10-12M per year how would that change your view of Chandler vs. Jordan?
A someone pointed out earlier if you re-sign Tyson for 10-12 you're going to have to spend more for a backup. Tyson ideally would play around 25-28 minutes per night. Not to mention the occasional, inevitable TC injury necessitates a better backup. DeAndre Jordan has younger legs and a lot less mileage.

The other factor is league perception free- agent wise. Guys are more likely to want to come play with a young star like DeAndre- just as that factored into the teams pursuit of Parsons as well.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #207
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
A someone pointed out earlier if you re-sign Tyson for 10-12 you're going to have to spend more for a backup. Tyson ideally would play around 25-28 minutes per night. Not to mention the occasional, inevitable TC injury necessitates a better backup. DeAndre Jordan has younger legs and a lot less mileage.

The other factor is league perception free- agent wise. Guys are more likely to want to come play with a young star like DeAndre- just as that factored into the teams pursuit of Parsons as well.
Or Donnie can find a way trading up for the best center in the draft. Bring Amare back if he can agree for a lower contract. That way it leaves the option to make an offer to Aldridge.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #208
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Knicks are allegedly open to trading the #4 pick. I wonder if they'd be stupid enough to take a S&T Rondo/Ellis/future #1/etc. for that pick? Pipe dream, I know...
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #209
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Knicks are allegedly open to trading the #4 pick. I wonder if they'd be stupid enough to take a S&T Rondo/Ellis/future #1/etc. for that pick? Pipe dream, I know...
We'd trade Rondo, Ellis, and a future first for a borderline star?

I know Rondo is almost a negative asset, but that's rough particularly because other than Cauley-Stein, there aren't many guys who are going to be big in the next year while Dirk is still a borderline starter. It may be a good deal long term, but in the Dirk years, that's a pretty big step back.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much. I don't think we can trade a first while our first is still in the air.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-21-2015 at 09:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:35 PM   #210
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Add the draft picks Mavs have. Think it's 2.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:58 PM   #211
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
It seems it would be beneficial to both teams for a S&T of both Chandler and Jordan. Clips are in more of a win-now mode and could use more veteran leadership and the Mavs should be retooling with younger players. Mavs have the cap space to make up for any imbalances of salaries.

Just seems to make logical sense...am I missing something?
Old 05-22-2015, 12:12 AM   #212
rimrocker
Diamond Member

What do you all think of Khris Middleton?
I don't know anything about him but a bleacherreport article mentioned him as a potential target for the Mavs.
He's only 23 with good size 6'7" for SG and seems to have a pretty decent upside from what little I've read about him.
Sort of sounds like an Eddie Jones type player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-nba-offseason

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-22-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:09 AM   #213
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I don't know anything about him but a bleacherreport article mentioned him as a potential target for the Mavs.
He's only 23 with good size 6'7" for SG and seems to have a pretty decent upside from what little I've read about him.

He's a really good player that I can't imagine Milwaukee would let go. He fits what they're trying to built perfectly.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM   #214
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Anyway, it doesn't matter much. I don't think we can trade a first while our first is still in the air.
Can we trade our pick on draft night...basically pick for another team and then make a trade?

Not sure how that works.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #215
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can we trade our pick on draft night...basically pick for another team and then make a trade?

Not sure how that works.
Yes absolutely.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #216
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:

Bucks will likely match any offer. Within reason
Old 05-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #217
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems it would be beneficial to both teams for a S&T of both Chandler and Jordan. Clips are in more of a win-now mode and could use more veteran leadership and the Mavs should be retooling with younger players. Mavs have the cap space to make up for any imbalances of salaries.

That's an angle that's being discussed, to some extent.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #218
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Old 05-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #219
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

In my opinion the starting center position was pretty much our least problem last year, before the injury in February Tyson played even better than in 2011. Sure if someone like Jordan is available you have to make an approach, but I would just hate if they focus too much on Jordan and end up without either one of them... If its not happening, try to sign Chandler asap and move on. Also, I'd hate to see Tyson walk away again after a single season. Really like his attitude and effort even when it doesnt pay off sometimes.

Last edited by bilease; 05-25-2015 at 05:54 AM.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:37 PM   #220
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilease View Post
In my opinion the starting center position was pretty much our least problem last year, before the injury in February Tyson played even better than in 2011. Sure if someone like Jordan is available you have to make an approach, but I would just hate if they focus too much on Jordan and end up without either one of them... If its not happening, try to sign Chandler asap and move on. Also, I'd hate to see Tyson walk away again after a single season. Really like his attitude and effort even when it doesnt pay off sometimes.
I understand your point and I'd hate to lose out on both of them too but I'm concerned that our biggest moves this off season will be resigning Chandler and Ellis and that simply won't be enough. I have faith that Donnie will be able to upgrade the PG position but how much of an upgrade will be key.
In the mean time we get older with longer contracts.

My thoughts are that if Ellis opts in I'm fully on board with signing Chandler to a 2 or 3 yr deal within reason because he will probably be easy to move after next season. I don't want the FO to give Ellis a long-term deal that we will be stuck with or will require other valuable assets to move him.

Cuban simply won't rebuild from scratch but landing a guy like Jordan at age 26 is a good way to rejuvenate this team while remaining competitive. Plus Jordan is more apt to draw the interest of FAs than aging Tyson, Ellis and Dirk will.
I thought Tyson looked exhausted in the POs.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #221
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

This FO has proven they like (and are pretty good at) building teams through trade and free agency, and are not that great at the draft.

With that said, I am mostly interested in "rebuilding" now and establishing our new foundational pieces. But, rebuilding will look different for us than it does for most other teams. We have assets right now, so we'll probably do it through what we know best (vs the tanking and aiming to rebuild through the draft).

For the future foundation we have... Parsons. Hopefully we will also have Aminu. That's it right now. Dirk is out in a few years, the other players are getting older or are expendable.

We need to use the assets we have now to bring in a few more foundational pieces. Even if that risks us losing out on someone who is as talented as Chandler. It's risky making it known that he isn't our #1 choice and that if we do keep him it would be at a discount, but it's reality, and I am sure he "gets" it. If he really likes being with the Mavs, he'll hang tight while we are figuring this out. If he wants more money or security, he'll be leaving. Either way, I'm sure he is going to talk to anyone that is interested in him to have options regardless.

Seems to me though that if Chandler wasn't going to be with the Mavs, the Clippers with his ol'pal Chris Paul would be pretty much the next best option out there. They'd still be a great team. If the Clippers lose Jordan, Chandler would probably be their next best option available to them as well. I am assuming Chandler could get more money from the Clippers via sign and trade of Jordan on a max contract, than on the open market. So, it makes a lot of sense (at least in my mind.)

Last edited by Robillion; 05-25-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #222
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Not that this means anything, but I guess you could call it news...

Q: Any chance the Lakers trade for Ty Lawson maybe that other 1st round pick? Steve Kyler: From my understanding Lawson has eyes for the Mavs and its mutual. We'll see what Denver does. Twitter @stevekylerNBA
Rumors tagsDallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets, Trade, Ty Lawson
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.zt6Xczg7.dpuf
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #223
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
This FO has proven they like (and are pretty good at) building teams through trade and free agency, and are not that great at the draft.

With that said, I am mostly interested in "rebuilding" now and establishing our new foundational pieces. But, rebuilding will look different for us than it does for most other teams. We have assets right now, so we'll probably do it through what we know best (vs the tanking and aiming to rebuild through the draft).
What assets? Dirk, Felton, and Parsons about the only players under contract, and we won't trade Parsons or Dirk, and can't trade Felton except as giveaway (although I actually think he would play pretty well...note how he played in key stretches late season).

I hadn't thought of Rondo in a sign and trade, as I had just written him off, but if Mavs can get anything out of him, that would be fantastic! But teams know he's gone already, so they won't likely offer that much.

Which brings us back to the question: what assets do the Mavs have?
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #224
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
What assets? Dirk, Felton, and Parsons about the only players under contract, and we won't trade Parsons or Dirk, and can't trade Felton except as giveaway (although I actually think he would play pretty well...note how he played in key stretches late season).

I hadn't thought of Rondo in a sign and trade, as I had just written him off, but if Mavs can get anything out of him, that would be fantastic! But teams know he's gone already, so they won't likely offer that much.

Which brings us back to the question: what assets do the Mavs have?
I don't see many assets but we do have some cap space. I think robillion might be thinking more about opportunity than actual current assets.
For instance...if we could somehow sign Jordan and Middleton or Green and then trade for Lawson that would be a pretty decent young core to develop while remaining competitive.

Lawson/Barea
Middleton/Lamb?
Parsons/Aminu
Dirk/Powell
Jordan/?/Sarge

Probably a reach (especially Middleton) but I'd much rather go with upside youth than fight for the 7th or 8th seed with several core members in their 30s.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-26-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #225
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

To sign Jordan and one of Middleton/Green you need 30m cap space...

Jordan 15m

Middleton is going to get 15m and the Bucks probably match anyway (RFA). Green is one of the rare and high valued 3 & D guys. He is going home with at least 12m. Teams are going to pre-spend the 25% cap raise..

Hell Aminu is going to get probably 6-7m a year offers...

Last edited by sefant77; 05-26-2015 at 05:00 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #226
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
To sign Jordan and one of Middleton/Green you need 30m cap space...

Jordan 15m

Middleton is going to get 15m and the Bucks probably match anyway (RFA). Green is one of the rare and high valued 3 & D guys. He is going home with at least 12m. Teams are going to pre-spend the 25% cap raise..

Hell Aminu is going to get probably 6-7m a year offers...
I'd settle for Afflalo if Ellis opts out...wonder what it would take to sign him.
I still think we can get Aminu for MLE if we even have it this season.

I thought we would be close to $30mil of cap space if Ellis opts out.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-26-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #227
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
..I think robillion might be thinking more about opportunity than actual current assets...
Yup.

Basically, we have decision points right now. With only a few people under contract. We have the opportunity to try to retain some over others, we have capspace to attract free agents, we actually do have a few pieces that could make sense for sign and trade deals (Chandler, Rondo, Monta).

My hope is that we use this opportunity to build more for the future, acquiring foundational pieces that we intend on keeping for awhile. I'm tired of these 1 year deal, thrown together Mavs teams. It hasn't been working.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #228
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I will say one thing... if Jason Terry decides to play beyond this season and is available for the league minimum or close to it, I really hope he comes home.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:25 AM   #229
Dirk4Mavs

Dirk4Mavs is on a distinguished road

I wish I could make a defensive team ..

re-sign with monta I not like this ..

Point Guard.. assister and operates the team and a good defensive

Shooting Garde .. our man in Perimeter defense

re-sign Chandler or Gordon

Ellis will make us weak defensive and offensive individual . I do not like this

PG : lawson - teague - .....etc / barea / felton

SG : middlelton - green - mathews / harris

SF : Parson / Aminu / RJ

PF : Dirk / ???? / Aminu

C : TC - DJ / Wright
Dirk4Mavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #230
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't see rondo as a SnT asset. SnT contracts have to be, at minimum, 3 years I thought. Who would give Rondo a 3 year deal now? Why would Rondo take a 3 year deal? The cap is going up in a year. He could sign a prove it 1 year deal and benefit greatly.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #231
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Yup.

Basically, we have decision points right now. With only a few people under contract. We have the opportunity to try to retain some over others, we have capspace to attract free agents, we actually do have a few pieces that could make sense for sign and trade deals (Chandler, Rondo, Monta).
I hadn't really thought much about S&T possibilities, perhaps the Mavs can make something out of that...although they would have little leverage since those players would become FA's very shortly. But better to have someone under your control than have them hit the free market, so who knows?

The problem, though, is that simply replacing those that aren't under contract will be challenging enough. The Mavs have shown the ability to fill out a roster with 'leftovers', and do pretty well at it. But with so little under contract, it will be hard to attract any marquee FA's, so S&T makes sense.

The one plus we might have in our favor for DeAndre Jordan is that he would be The Man here, and just a key piece elsewhere. That may resonate with him.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #232
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

I moved from China to Canada (near toronto) this year. Finally I'm going to a game! Looking forward to the release of game schedule so that I can book a ticket for DAL @ TOR. Good thing Dirk is still out there playing.

Last edited by beatLA; 05-27-2015 at 05:19 PM.
beatLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #233
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...d-trade-places
Old 05-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #234
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I will say one thing... if Jason Terry decides to play beyond this season and is available for the league minimum or close to it, I really hope he comes home.
Oh and speaking of Rockets I secretly want to play for the Mavs, if for some reason the Rockets hit the eject button on Dwight (Hack-A-Dwight, injuries, age, big contract), I would absolutely love if we could land him in some sort of sign-and-trade scenario if the Rockets are chasing after DAJ.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:21 PM   #235
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Oh and speaking of Rockets I secretly want to play for the Mavs, if for some reason the Rockets hit the eject button on Dwight (Hack-A-Dwight, injuries, age, big contract), I would absolutely love if we could land him in some sort of sign-and-trade scenario if the Rockets are chasing after DAJ.
Ew, no.

He isn't that great, he's as smart as a bag of hammers, and he isn't good for chemistry. I'd rather have Chandler.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #236
spreedom
Diamond Member

We obviously totally disagree on Dwight, that's cool.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:35 PM   #237
yahyes
Banned

Keep Tyson. See what Aldrige is looking for. Then try SnT Ellis to Memphis for Tony Allen. Which is an option I can see.

Last edited by yahyes; 05-27-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:01 AM   #238
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Keep Tyson. See what Aldrige is looking for. Then try SnT Ellis to Memphis for Tony Allen. Which is an option I can see.
Aldridge is still a long shot.

Why would Memphis do that? It's not like Ellis dramatically improves their perimeter shooting, which is what they'd be looking for offensively.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:03 AM   #239
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see clippers REALLY benefiting from getting TC. Leadership and locker room guy.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:09 AM   #240
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Aldridge is still a long shot.

Why would Memphis do that? It's not like Ellis dramatically improves their perimeter shooting, which is what they'd be looking for offensively.
Mavs have cap to give Aldridge the right deal for a long term. Especially being alongside Parsons and Dirk as 6th man. The sign and trade Ellis for Tony Allen is something front office can try out. Memphis needs a scorer. Plus can match what Tony Allen's contract is like. And I would like Allen here as SG. If Aldridge agrees.