Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-28-2021, 11:22 PM   #201
Grady Wilson

Grady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Well, in a nutshell that game sucked. AFter the first 6 minutes of the game, the Mavs were slapped around by the Clippers. They have less than 48 hours to fix their problems.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:22 PM   #202
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk41legend View Post
It’s been said already but pulling Luka early in the 1st when we were destroying the Clippers might end up costing us the series. Winner on Sunday wins the series imo.
That’s been the rotation all series. He’s gotta rest sometime. He’s not playing all 48.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:24 PM   #203
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It’s been said already but pulling Luka early in the 1st when we were destroying the Clippers might end up costing us the series. Winner on Sunday wins the series imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
That’s been the rotation all series. He’s gotta rest sometime. He’s not playing all 48.
You act like the rotation can’t be adjusted.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:25 PM   #204
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Clips have serious life now when it looked like they were completely finished mid-way through the 1st quarter.
Not sure why anyone would assume the series was over.

The Mavs haven't been that great at home and my biggest fear was that the Home crowd would actually motivate the Clippers because they have been playing in front of crickets in their own building.

Mavs don't shoot FT's very well and right now they have no answer for Leonard or George.

I still think they'll win in 6 but the Clippers have really put huge pressure on the Mavs to win game 4
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:25 PM   #205
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly I think the winner of this game will win the series.
Depends on how much our young team has matured but there is a ton of pressure on us now and Clips look like they have figured it out.
Hardaway's return to reality and KP's obvious lack of interest will be tough to overcome if both don't change.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:25 PM   #206
Grady Wilson

Grady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Maybe the Mavs would have still given up that lead over time, but the manner in which they lost the lead and how quickly it evaporated completely sucked the life out of the crowd. After those first 6 minutes, I don't think the crowd was much of a factor.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:26 PM   #207
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
You act like the rotation can’t be adjusted.
You act like the rotation had anything to do with the result.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:27 PM   #208
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The Luka missed ft's hurt but I can live with them with him once again carrying us. KP needs to play better it's that simple. 9 points 3 rebs 0 blocks for the 30m dollar man.

And I agree about pulling Luka when he was red hot to start. RC has always done that and I've never understood it. Going back to Dirk he's always pulled him at his designated spot in the first no matter how hot Dirk was. Let him ride it out and pull him later.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:29 PM   #209
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Not sure why anyone would assume the series was over.

The Mavs haven't been that great at home and my biggest fear was that the Home crowd would actually motivate the Clippers because they have been playing in front of crickets in their own building.

Mavs don't shoot FT's very well and right now they have no answer for Leonard or George.

I still think they'll win in 6 but the Clippers have really put huge pressure on the Mavs to win game 4
It's the situation though and the way they won.
If Hardaway can shoot 50% on 3s and KP becomes any type of factor we have a chance but Clips look like the team they should be now.
2-1 is not a comfortable lead when you're playing a team with some good PO experience and has two legit stars.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:30 PM   #210
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady Wilson View Post
Well, in a nutshell that game sucked. AFter the first 6 minutes of the game, the Mavs were slapped around by the Clippers. They have less than 48 hours to fix their problems.
I'm not sure that the FT shooting can get better which is one of the problems.

The other problem is they can't stop Leonard or George not sure how they fix that in 48 hours after not being able to do it in 3 games already.

Mavs just have to get back to taking away the Clippers role players that's the only way I see them winning Sunday.

Zubac started to come alive on the boards (offensively) and Morris/Jackson/Rondo all played a little better tonight.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-28-2021 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:30 PM   #211
Grady Wilson

The Clippers supporting cast did more than the Mavs supporting cast. Jackson was big in the first half, then Rondo/Morris made huge plays in the 2nd half. Zubac had some huge rebounds, too. None of the Mavs really stepped up to help Luka. Brunson did in the 4th and Maxi to a certain extent. Other than that, everyone else laid an egg.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:32 PM   #212
Grady Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
The Luka missed ft's hurt but I can live with them with him once again carrying us. KP needs to play better it's that simple. 9 points 3 rebs 0 blocks for the 30m dollar man.

And I agree about pulling Luka when he was red hot to start. RC has always done that and I've never understood it. Going back to Dirk he's always pulled him at his designated spot in the first no matter how hot Dirk was. Let him ride it out and pull him later.
I have zero problem with him pulling Luka in the regular season that early. In the playoffs when the Clippers were staggering Carlisle should have kept the foot down, but didn't for whatever reason. The lineup he had out there wasn't really conducive to maintaining the momentum on either end of the court.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:33 PM   #213
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
On what channel? I don’t see it on the Mavs main page
Type in Porzingis in search.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:34 PM   #214
Grady Wilson

Quote:
I'm not sure that the FT shooting can get better which is one of the problems.

The other problem is they can't stop Leonard or George not sure how they fix that in 48 hours after not being able to do it in 3 games already.

Mavs just have to get back to taking away the Clippers role players that's the only way I see them winning Sunday.

Zubac started to come alive on the boards (offensively) and Morris/Jackson/Rondo all played a little better tonight.
Yep, we pretty much posted the same thoughts at the same time. LOL. I'm not too worried about the FTs. Yeah, Luka missed too many late in the game, but honestly I think it was pretty apparent in the last 5 minutes of the game it was in essence over. I didn't like the Mavs body language at all. I think even if he made the FTs, the Clippers would have answered because the defense just flat out sucked.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:34 PM   #215
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

I actually think Luka should play all of the 1st and 4th qtr's

His rest should come in the 2nd & 3rd QTR's......

I noticed that Leonard is always getting very little rest in the 1st and 4th qtr's
Old 05-28-2021, 11:35 PM   #216
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic View Post
Type in Porzingis in search.
Lmao

TIL Twitter has channels

Last edited by FreshJive; 05-28-2021 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:37 PM   #217
Grady Wilson

I think the point where I started to have serious doubts that the Mavs were going to win was when the score was 89-86 or 89-87 Clippers and the Mavs had multiple opportunities to score and didn't. Then the Clippers went down and scored. Body language can tell a lot and the body language for the Mavs was they were defeated.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:38 PM   #218
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:

Yeah, but pull him when? At some point they had to - would it have really mattered if they caught up in the 2nd quarter instead of the 1st?
The problem wasn't resting him. The problem was that the team fell apart while he was out - something they don't normally do, and couldn't be expected/anticipated. Kleber and Brunson were the only other guys to show up at all today - they weren't holding the lead by themselves no matter when Luka rested.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:39 PM   #219
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:

I noticed that Leonard is always getting very little rest in the 1st and 4th qtr's
And then people will complain when he rests in the 2nd and 3rd.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:39 PM   #220
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Clips dominated after we got that 19 point lead.. Carlisle needs to adjust, defensive rotations are falling apart with Porzingis guarding the perimeter.

Bench him.

Play

Luka
THJ
JRich
DFS
Maxi

Whenever Zubac is out. Use WCS/ Boban/ KP when Zubac is in.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:41 PM   #221
rimrocker
Diamond Member

JRich is DWright all over again.
I clamored for that JRich/Curry trade well before it happened but now I wish it wouldn't have happened.
Biggest disappointment of the season to me.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:42 PM   #222
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think the point where I started to have serious doubts that the Mavs were going to win was when the score was 89-86 or 89-87 Clippers and the Mavs had multiple opportunities to score and didn't. Then the Clippers went down and scored. Body language can tell a lot and the body language for the Mavs was they were defeated.
Yep. I got that same feeling. That sequence was deflating.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:42 PM   #223
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

KP can't score single digits against a team like the Clippers and 3 rebounds and be a negative on defense. They aren't the Knicks or the Celtics. May as well have not even played. Don't tell me Powell couldn't have done that.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:42 PM   #224
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I clamored for that JRich/Curry trade well before it happened but now I wish it wouldn't have happened.
Same here. I was actually thinking JRich was the 4the core starter when we made that trade.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 05-28-2021 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:43 PM   #225
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KP can't score single digits against a team like the Clippers and 3 rebounds and be a negative on defense. They aren't the Knicks or the Celtics. May as well have not even played. Don't tell me Powell couldn't have done that.
9pt, 3 reb is basically Powell’s calling card and he’s “overpaid” at the MLE.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:44 PM   #226
Grady Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
And then people will complain when he rests in the 2nd and 3rd.
I'm not one to bash Carlisle because the guy knows his stuff. He's set in his ways and might be stubborn, but regardless the guy has the skins on the wall. That being said, I do think he needs to deviate from his substitution pattern when the situation calls for it. Ride the hot hand, sit the cold hand, non-productive player, etc. I like the notion of playing the star player most, if not all of the 1st and 3rd quarter. Then adjust minutes on the bench for the player in the 2nd and 4th quarter accordingly.

Last edited by Grady Wilson; 05-28-2021 at 11:44 PM.
Grady Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:44 PM   #227
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Clips dominated after we got that 19 point lead.. Carlisle needs to adjust, defensive rotations are falling apart with Porzingis guarding the perimeter.

Bench him.

Play

Luka
THJ
JRich
DFS
Maxi

Whenever Zubac is out. Use WCS/ Boban/ KP when Zubac is in.
IMO

WCS is actually the best big in regards to PNR or just simply playing out in space

He has surprisingly been able to stay in front of Paul George quite a bit and force him to settle for a jumpers on switches.

I don't expect Willie to play heavy minutes but I think the Mavs need to find away to get him up to about 14-16 MPG just for defense
Old 05-28-2021, 11:45 PM   #228
Grady Wilson

Quote:
When he gets outrebounded by THJ, that's a problem.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:48 PM   #229
Grady Wilson

Out of all the frustrating moments watching Porzingis play tonight, I think my boiling point was reached when he was trying to get position on Morris down low and Morris was pushing him around. Even though Morris was eventually called for the foul, it wasn't so much that Porzingis should have been pushed around like a rag doll. Him taking a fade away jumper at the FT line over a dude a foot shorter than him was just icing on the cake.

Last edited by Grady Wilson; 05-28-2021 at 11:49 PM.
Grady Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:50 PM   #230
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
That trade was bad and unnecessary

But the midseason trade for Redick is starting to look like another trade that was just unnecessary IMO

Neither trade has actually helped the Mavs when you look back on it.

Maybe J.Rich gives us one great game this series out of nowhere that leads to a win but right now he's been relegated to spot minutes and rightfully so

Was hoping he would be our D.Stevenson clone
Old 05-28-2021, 11:51 PM   #231
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Curry was the only one who could consistently feed the ball to KP in the post.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:52 PM   #232
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Out of all the frustrating moments watching Porzingis play tonight, I think my boiling point was reached when he was trying to get position on Morris down low and Morris was pushing him around. Even though Morris was eventually called for the foul, it wasn't so much that Porzingis should have been pushed around like a rag doll. Him taking a fade away jumper at the FT line over a dude a foot shorter than him was just icing on the cake.
It seems to happen every single game. He gets great position at ft line or ft line extended and does a turnaround over someone a foot shorter and bricks it.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:54 PM   #233
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not one to bash Carlisle because the guy knows his stuff. He's set in his ways and might be stubborn, but regardless the guy has the skins on the wall. That being said, I do think he needs to deviate from his substitution pattern when the situation calls for it. Ride the hot hand, sit the cold hand, non-productive player, etc. I like the notion of playing the star player most, if not all of the 1st and 3rd quarter. Then adjust minutes on the bench for the player in the 2nd and 4th quarter accordingly.
I can understand riding the hot hand of your support players or sitting them if they can’t get it going, but Luka is your star. If your team is up by that much and it comes to the time you had planned to sit him, then you just sit him. What’s the point of a plan if you deviate from it when it is working?

Last edited by FreshJive; 05-28-2021 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:55 PM   #234
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Let this sink in...our 2nd best scorer scored 30 points less than our top scorer and we only had 4 guys in double figures.

21 points from THJ and KP collectively will not cut it.
One of them needs to have at least that and the other close to it for the Mavs to have any chance.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:56 PM   #235
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:

I thought Dallas won the first 2 games in large part because Leonard lost steam in the 4th. I don't think he's a good argument for changing Luka's rest pattern.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:58 PM   #236
Grady Wilson

Quote:
It seems to happen every single game. He gets great position at ft line or ft line extended and does a turnaround over someone a foot shorter and bricks it.
And games like tonight is why KP should know that he will always be 2nd fiddle to Luka. If he doesn't show up for the rest of the series then he'll go down the pecking order. I get tired of his lip service. Quit giving the generic talk and go out and play like you're supposedly capable of playing.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:01 AM   #237
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And the KP trashing is back. And barely someone talks about the shitty games of THJ and DFS on both ends of the floor.

And we just have to accept that we cant have Luka run the offense 10-12min without any break, so the early subs are the best way to go. Sure today Rick should have let him play 1-2min more to see if he hammers them even more down, but in principal it has to be the way Rick handles it.

Luka cant run this insane insane usage rate for extended minutes when he isnt even near his prime athletic condition agewise...or when you do you tank the offense because his shots are short and he is too slow back at defense

Last edited by sefant77; 05-29-2021 at 12:04 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:03 AM   #238
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
That trade was bad and unnecessary

But the midseason trade for Redick is starting to look like another trade that was just unnecessary IMO

Neither trade has actually helped the Mavs when you look back on it.

Maybe J.Rich gives us one great game this series out of nowhere that leads to a win but right now he's been relegated to spot minutes and rightfully so

Was hoping he would be our D.Stevenson clone
I don't think it was unnecessary and on paper was great considering we got the pick thrown in as well.
It turned out bad but the Mavs were not going to get better without doing something to try to improve their D.
Hindsight tells me the Mavs should not have made the trade and Rick should have tried to develop Green more during the season.

The other trade made absolutely no sense to me other than trying to make up for loss of Curry. We could have used Wes and JJ in this series to at least throw a little resistance at KL and PG.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:09 AM   #239
Grady Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I can understand riding the hot hand of your support players or sitting them if they can’t get it going, but Luka is your star. If your team is up by that much and it comes to the time you had planned to sit him, then you just sit him. What’s the point of a plan if you deviate from it when it is working?
Because in the playoffs there's little margin for error. Luka was on fire and the energy from the team and the crowd was amazing. They had the Clippers on the ropes. Why not let the momentum ride as long as you can at that point? if the Clippers starting chipping away then okay let him sit and see how it goes. It's great to have a plan, but sometimes it's okay to deviate from it. A plan doesn't have to be an absolute. They're up 2-0, at home and are kicking their ass within the first 6 minutes of the game. Yes, I know they weren't going to keep up that torrid pace and yes I know that eventually the lead would shrink. However, after that 14-0 run the Clippers made in the blink of an eye when Luka was out all of the energy in the building was gone.

Not that I think it will happen again, but if on Sunday the Mavs jump out to say a 10 point lead with 6 minutes left in the first quarter you'd be okay with Carlisle pulling Luka out because that's been his "plan" for most of the season?
Old 05-29-2021, 12:10 AM   #240
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And the KP trashing is back.
He can do something to change that.
9 points when the opponent adjustment gave him the clear advantage is certainly worthy of criticism.

Tags
f rondo, luka magic