Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-06-2024, 08:21 AM   #201
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I made the same suggestion a few weeks ago with the same players.
Yurtseven isn't the perfect backup but is serviceable with good size.

I'm also wondering if some of our youth is now attractive to Portland in hopes of landing Grant/Reath.
Well all the credit to you then for the idea. I'm not sure Collins has a ton of value though with that contract and the fact that teams are giving up on him. I actually don't see the FO trading Hardy for him. Prob gonna hold out for a bigger fish if they give up on Hardy or Green.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2024, 10:26 AM   #202
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt put much stock into Hardy and Green not playing too well with Luka, but theres enough evidence. Even though Portland isn't good and they played poorly. However, Its a kIdd, Green and Hardy problem. They have to figure it out. Luka runs PnR most and thry need to be able to play off that because we get the best looks from it and its the most basic essential play since... forever.

The main difference I see is that Kyrie appears to be an actual mentor. He keeps it positive instead of the wtf was that gestures, cursing and head down, mully grubbing, lagging back on defense after mistakes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-06-2024 at 10:27 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 12:29 PM   #203
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

10th best D in the last 10 games. If we can fix the rebounding, then we might be onto something.

https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/sta...79510287991167

Old 01-06-2024, 12:31 PM   #204
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well all the credit to you then for the idea. I'm not sure Collins has a ton of value though with that contract and the fact that teams are giving up on him. I actually don't see the FO trading Hardy for him. Prob gonna hold out for a bigger fish if they give up on Hardy or Green.
I made it on a different board so my intention was to let you know great minds think alike

I added a 2nd rounder though and people didn't think Hardy should be included...only the pick.

Collins contract is bad but I didn't realize he was that bad compared to the contract.
Unfortunately that is the type of player we'll have to take a chance on considering the lack of trade assets.

Siakom is a dream imo, but if Nico can pull it off without giving up Kyrie, Lively and Exum, the Mavs would instantly become serious contenders.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 12:34 PM   #205
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I made it on a different board so my intention was to let you know great minds think alike

I added a 2nd rounder though and people didn't think Hardy should be included...only the pick.

Collins contract is bad but I didn't realize he was that bad compared to the contract.
Unfortunately that is the type of player we'll have to take a chance on considering the lack of trade assets.

Siakam is a dream imo, but if Nico can pull it off without giving up Kyrie, Lively and Exum, the Mavs would instantly become serious contenders.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 01:24 PM   #206
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I know I?ve poopooed a lot of bigs. Mostly because they?re bad.

Yurtseven is quality and might be available

I do wonder with the Jazz going 6-2 and only a skip and a jump from the playoffs, why they'd trade their quality backup to a division rival.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-06-2024 at 02:38 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:50 PM   #207
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I know I?ve poopooed a lot of bigs. Mostly because they?re bad.

Yurtseven is quality and might be available

I do wonder with the Jazz going 6-2 and only a skip and a jump from the playoffs, why they'd trade their quality backup to a division rival.
Well I wonder if Siakam is even available either after the way Sacramento just pulled out of talks.

The most hard headed gms in the league have some of the better tradable assets. Ainge and Musai can't be trusted.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:27 PM   #208
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Laughing at the idea of Dwight Powell starting in 2024 vs Rudy Gobert and KAT and Naz Reid.

This team is so undersized
Old 01-07-2024, 08:08 PM   #209
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd bringing in Grant as a 5 lmaooooo

Wolves up to 80 offensive rebounds in the first quarter
Old 01-07-2024, 08:12 PM   #210
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Man we have no size

Can we sin Dampier?
Old 01-07-2024, 08:15 PM   #211
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kyrie some interesting pass choices
Old 01-07-2024, 08:16 PM   #212
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Finally Gobert gets a foul

Dude has been throwing guys around all night
Old 01-07-2024, 08:16 PM   #213
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ha! tHJ and Powell both miss their layups on the same possession
Old 01-07-2024, 08:40 PM   #214
Melonhead
Guru

Nice to see active on defense even tho they can?t get rebounds. They are swarming to KAT in the post
Old 01-07-2024, 08:44 PM   #215
Melonhead
Guru

Green with the vet savvy move fouling 90 feet from the basket
Old 01-07-2024, 09:04 PM   #216
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

It was good when we had the lead
Old 01-07-2024, 09:04 PM   #217
Melonhead
Guru

The stark contrast of Luka standing in place after a lazy turnover vs Kyrie diving for a ball in the stands
Old 01-07-2024, 09:06 PM   #218
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Totally expected that we?d start the second half 12-6

-9 on the boards
Old 01-07-2024, 09:15 PM   #219
Melonhead
Guru

Wtf is Luka doing with these lazy turnovers then just walking back on fast breaks
Old 01-07-2024, 09:19 PM   #220
Melonhead
Guru

My god we got Seth Grant THJ Green and Luka on the floor

Kidd is a got damn idiot
Old 01-07-2024, 09:22 PM   #221
Melonhead
Guru

Luka is one more complaint from a tech. He?s letting the refs have it. Some of it justified
Old 01-07-2024, 09:35 PM   #222
Melonhead
Guru

I can?t stand watching Grant Williams play.
Old 01-07-2024, 09:36 PM   #223
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

16-9 run to start the half and the 9pt lead shrinks to 2

Somehow I think we blow this
Old 01-07-2024, 09:39 PM   #224
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

22-9
Old 01-07-2024, 09:39 PM   #225
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kidd can?t call shit
Old 01-07-2024, 09:40 PM   #226
Melonhead
Guru

This shit is so over
Old 01-07-2024, 09:41 PM   #227
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

That is not a foul
Old 01-07-2024, 09:42 PM   #228
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Refs just fucking hate Luka

Not sure where his hand was supposed to go. He didn?t gain any advantage
Old 01-07-2024, 09:44 PM   #229
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We can?t score 10 in the quarter
Old 01-07-2024, 09:50 PM   #230
Melonhead
Guru

Okay I guess Luka is legit hurt. He?s limping bad
Old 01-07-2024, 09:53 PM   #231
Melonhead
Guru

Ughhhh djj could?ve finished it off
Old 01-07-2024, 09:55 PM   #232
Melonhead
Guru

DJJ redeems himself what a dunk
Old 01-07-2024, 09:59 PM   #233
Melonhead
Guru

By god they did it. Derrick Jones Jr and Kyrie were huge in the 4th
Old 01-07-2024, 09:59 PM   #234
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Wowowow
Old 01-07-2024, 10:07 PM   #235
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Kryie has been been an A+ so far. Tell me what he has done wrong since getting here, and I'll give you a penny.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:07 PM   #236
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Maybe Kyrie can teach Luka how to be a leader

And maybe he can help Luka get his clutch back
Old 01-07-2024, 10:12 PM   #237
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I now believe we are a Clint Caplea/Drummond away from contending. Just get a damn rebounding 4/5 and lets get it.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:13 PM   #238
Melonhead
Guru

I would like to see Luka lift his teammates up more. He?s complaining less overall so that?s a small step in the right direction
Old 01-07-2024, 10:23 PM   #239
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I would like to see Luka lift his teammates up more. He?s complaining less overall so that?s a small step in the right direction
It's just so shitty that he and Josh Green don't play well together. We need that sooo badly.

Old 01-08-2024, 01:42 AM   #240
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Maybe Kyrie can teach Luka how to be a leader

And maybe he can help Luka get his clutch back
There is nothing wrong with Lukas clutch

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copenhagen, straight jacket?, unfresh jive