Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2021, 07:02 PM   #2401
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Conley likely staying with the Jazz at 3/60. Looks like another crap FA for the Mavs!
This one was destined to be one....this one doesn't sting as much because there really just isn't that many good free agents out there and if the Mavs are investing millions of dollars I'd rather them do it on players they want as opposed to just spending money just because they have to. Only bad thing about that is Doncic's about to get off this rookie deal.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2021, 07:17 PM   #2402
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
This one was destined to be one....this one doesn't sting as much because there really just isn't that many good free agents out there and if the Mavs are investing millions of dollars I'd rather them do it on players they want as opposed to just spending money just because they have to. Only bad thing about that is Doncic's about to get off this rookie deal.
How many fucking bs excuses can one convince yourself of before Luka demands a trade? We won't have cap space with Luka's supermax OR assets to improve the team. YOU HAVE TO PUT TALENT AROUND HIM NOW.

Or you trade KP which if it comes to that, he'll have 0 value.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:35 PM   #2403
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How many fucking bs excuses can one convince yourself of before Luka demands a trade? We won't have cap space with Luka's supermax OR assets to improve the team. YOU HAVE TO PUT TALENT AROUND HIM NOW.

Yeah I’m exhausted of the seemingly same excuses every year for why the team won’t spend money and instead stock up on the trash pile of 1 year deals. You have to put talent around Luka and there’s no such thing as a perfect fit. This team needs talent so bad, if we can get ANY proven starter I’d probably be satisfied.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:41 PM   #2404
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Melonhead; 07-31-2021 at 07:42 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #2405
Melonhead
Guru

Conley would’ve got more on the open market. Yeah he’s been injured but he’s 34 and has plenty of juice left.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:38 PM   #2406
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Conley likely staying with the Jazz at 3/60. Looks like another crap FA for the Mavs!
It's going to make me ill if we give Lowry 90m when Conley gets 60....
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:42 PM   #2407
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I didn't think teams could trade a player along with a TPE but didn't Celtics just do that (Brown/TPE for JRich)?
Am I missing something?
You can't trade a TPE with a player to match contracts.

If two teams are over the cap, one team can't trade a 5mill player and 5mill TPE to salary match a player who earns 10mill.

No matching was necessary in this situation, however. Celtics absorbed the contract of Richardson and that was that.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:49 PM   #2408
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It's going to make me ill if we give Lowry 90m when Conley gets 60....
Highly see that happening. No other team could’ve got Conley for 60 except the Jazz. If that report is true, he took a discount to stay in Utah.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:22 PM   #2409
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

You can call it what you want. At the end of the day this organization mortgaged their salary cap, their draft picks all into KP who was suppose to be Luka friendly. Now that he isn't everyone is panicking. Kyle Lowry isn't moving the needle. Neither is Goran Dragic....

The time isn't now to panic about potentially losing Luka. That should've occurred a few years ago and they went and got KP. We can all sit here and be upset it didn't work but at the end of the day that was their shot.

Now they are attempting to build a team in a year where there's no free agents and the biggest names like Westbrook are being traded.

This isn't foreign to just the Mavs. The Sixers had issues putting players around Iverson. Wiz are having issues putting talent around Beal.

We as Mavs fans need to be realistic about what this team can do right now. This isn't NBA 2k.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:24 PM   #2410
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Yeah I’m exhausted of the seemingly same excuses every year for why the team won’t spend money and instead stock up on the trash pile of 1 year deals. You have to put talent around Luka and there’s no such thing as a perfect fit. This team needs talent so bad, if we can get ANY proven starter I’d probably be satisfied.
If I'm just being honest I honestly don't see how they do it. I don't see many options out there for the Mavs. I don't think the answer is just throwing money Lowry's way so we can say we put talent around him.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:26 PM   #2411
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Highly see that happening. No other team could’ve got Conley for 60 except the Jazz. If that report is true, he took a discount to stay in Utah.
Part of me wants to say that's about what his value is....but in free agency...guys usually get more than what their value is so maybe he did get take a pay cut.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:12 PM   #2412
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can call it what you want. At the end of the day this organization mortgaged their salary cap, their draft picks all into KP who was suppose to be Luka friendly. Now that he isn't everyone is panicking. Kyle Lowry isn't moving the needle. Neither is Goran Dragic....

The time isn't now to panic about potentially losing Luka. That should've occurred a few years ago and they went and got KP. We can all sit here and be upset it didn't work but at the end of the day that was their shot.

Now they are attempting to build a team in a year where there's no free agents and the biggest names like Westbrook are being traded.

This isn't foreign to just the Mavs. The Sixers had issues putting players around Iverson. Wiz are having issues putting talent around Beal.

We as Mavs fans need to be realistic about what this team can do right now. This isn't NBA 2k.
The KP trade isn't the problem though. 2019. It amazes me how people somehow still don't realize how bad that offseason was. Every FA on the planet was available and they ended up with Seth Curry and Delon Wright. The stark, sad, and unfortunate reality is that FA killed the ability to put help around Luka. And it was all completely realistic.

I'm willing to wait to see how this pans out, but we've seen this movie before. Strong FA, weak FA, it all turns out lackluster.

And I'm really not unreasonable. Get Derozan, and I give it an A+ FA.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-31-2021 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:36 PM   #2413
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all for spending the money(we literally have to with Luka extension). Just don't give Lowry 30m a yr for 3 yrs. 3yr 75m sure.

At present the only 2 ways to get Lowry and THJ are SnT and dumping of Powell by wasting an asset. If it's SnT it's getting Lowry but losing Kleber + Powell + Brunson + pick? That's not a win for me, that's a loss.

If we are fine with losing THJ and getting just Lowry then we renounce THJ and the TPE and our off season is losing THJ and gaining Lowry and we no longer have the TPE or the mid level for going under the cap. The only realistic free agent to me that is worth losing MLE and TPE is Derozan.

Basically I am fine spending the money on whoever even Lowry but not at 30m. I don't think Conley was ever available but the guy reporting Conley for 60m is apparently a fish lackey a friend said. And I agree with DHWS the 2019 and 2020 free agency are the 2 most direct causes of the problem we have right now.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:48 PM   #2414
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I'll add that we have the juice for one or 2 trades imo with packages around Green Kleber Brunson and the future pick. Not on the level of Beal but you could get guys on the level of a Rozier or Russell or Smart or Ross or even Bagley etc... easily imo. So I'm fine going after bench player role players like a Danny Green or Sterling Brown or whoever if there is a trade on the horizon upgrading the SL utilizing the role players we currently have.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:50 PM   #2415
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm not sure I even buy the Lowry rumor. Remember that the Lakers were all but sure to get Hield until they didn't and got RW. I know it's Marc Stein, but he could be getting fed BS. I know Cuban is fine being used to drive up player prices (believe he said as much).

Plus, this rumor has been going on for so long that it seems very unusual to be leaked for this long.

I remember Kemba Walker in 2019 and that seemed legit because the rumor was more hidden in the cards. Seems weird to think all our eggs are in the Lowry basket when the numbers don't even really work if we're serious about THJ.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:57 PM   #2416
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure I even buy the Lowry rumor. Remember that the Lakers were all but sure to get Hield until they didn't and got RW. I know it's Marc Stein, but he could be getting fed BS. I know Cuban is fine being used to drive up player prices (believe he said as much).

Plus, this rumor has been going on for so long that it seems very unusual to be leaked for this long.

I remember Kemba Walker in 2019 and that seemed legit because the rumor was more hidden in the cards. Seems weird to think all our eggs are in the Lowry basket when the numbers don't even really work if we're serious about THJ.
Well I hope that is the case but in the past I remember targeting Danny Green as the "Priority". Then we offered him 2yr 24m when he wanted 3yrs and he obviously chose the Lakers shockingly for 3yrs. So we might be targeting Lowry still but hopefully even though Lowry wants 30m we aren't considering him for that much.

So if we are targeting Lowry hopefully it's just a simple case of "we have cleared x room, this is the maximum we can offer you(while still keeping THJ) yay or nay Kyle?... Oh and here is a cartoon we made *Edit- Some dumbass FO made Edit* for Dwight Howard to watch while you think about it."

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-31-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Accuracy purposes <_<
Old 07-31-2021, 10:59 PM   #2417
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

My bet is the Mavs resign THJ and get Dragic and call it a day. I think I'm about at my limit on this. I'm glad the Mavs shook things up, but they were 2-3 years too late. Yes, I'm deflated.

The only thing I really wonder now is how many more years Luka will be around. :-(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:01 PM   #2418
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agree

turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:26 PM   #2419
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
My bet is the Mavs resign THJ and get Dragic and call it a day. I think I'm about at my limit on this. I'm glad the Mavs shook things up, but they were 2-3 years too late. Yes, I'm deflated.

The only thing I really wonder now is how many more years Luka will be around. :-(

Yeah, I'm actually fine with Dragic. It's hilarious how big of an upgrade he'd actually be.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:26 AM   #2420
Melonhead
Guru

Mavs seem to be back in the Demar hunt. He was gearing up towards Lakers but with WB, he doesn’t want to take that big of a pay cut. Obviously other teams are in play, but we’ll see.

From a report from Turner btw
Old 08-01-2021, 12:26 AM   #2421
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, I'm actually fine with Dragic. It's hilarious how big of an upgrade he'd actually be.
Facts.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:27 AM   #2422
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Getting Dragic and Derozan would be huge.
We need guys that can create their own shot and have great BBIQ.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:27 AM   #2423
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:27 AM   #2424
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Hope the Mavs don't choose THJ over Derozan, unless they can get both.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:28 AM   #2425
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
So now we're supposed to get Dragic, Derozan and re-sign THJ?
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:43 AM   #2426
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Mavs seem to be back in the Demar hunt. He was gearing up towards Lakers but with WB, he doesn’t want to take that big of a pay cut. Obviously other teams are in play, but we’ll see.

Yep. I still stand by the Lowry stuff being a smokescreen. That or that Mavs know he is going to Miami.

Old 08-01-2021, 09:42 AM   #2427
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep. I still stand by the Lowry stuff being a smokescreen. That or that Mavs know he is going to Miami.
I think Miami has been a done deal for awhile. Hence, no trade to Philly at the deadline— which made way too much sense for both sides, Philly and Toronto. I think Lowry wouldn’t agree to extend and Philly wouldn’t do it as a rental.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:43 AM   #2428
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
The KP trade isn't the problem though. 2019. It amazes me how people somehow still don't realize how bad that offseason was. Every FA on the planet was available and they ended up with Seth Curry and Delon Wright. The stark, sad, and unfortunate reality is that FA killed the ability to put help around Luka. And it was all completely realistic.

I'm willing to wait to see how this pans out, but we've seen this movie before. Strong FA, weak FA, it all turns out lackluster.

And I'm really not unreasonable. Get Derozan, and I give it an A+ FA.
Ehhh you are right. I shouldn't blame it solely on the KP trade.

Probably a bit unfair to blame that trade solely because yes there was a year where they had salary cap space and they ended up with Seth Curry and Wright. A spit in the face especially with the names out there.....I wanted anyone. Malcolm Brogdon was the #1 guy I wanted.......

The class was tailor made for teams like the Mavs who needed to upgrade talent and while Seth and Wright weren't bad deals.....that's not who you come out of that class with...

So you are correct there.

But the KP move not working makes that free agency even worse. As a fan I think we all like to play armchair GM...its easy behind a computer....I Find it hard right now though lol. I honestly don't know how to improve this team to where it needs to be.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #2429
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think Miami has been a done deal for awhile. Hence, no trade to Philly at the deadline— which made way too much sense for both sides, Philly and Toronto. I think Lowry wouldn’t agree to extend and Philly wouldn’t do it as a rental.
So did that deal not get done because of Philly? I thought it was Toronto that wouldn't budge which made no sense to me at the time....wren't they asking for Maxey or something along those lines?
Old 08-01-2021, 09:45 AM   #2430
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

I hope so. Demar is the one guy that could move the needle somewhat. He fills a huge portion of the needs we have.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #2431
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So did that deal not get done because of Philly? I thought it was Toronto that wouldn't budge which made no sense to me at the time....wren't they asking for Maxey or something along those lines?
I’m just speculating that maybe the sticking point was Lowry not guaranteeing to extend in Philly. And they didn’t want to give up Maxey, a pick and depth for a rental. I may be way off. Maybe Toronto didn’t like Maxey and insisted on Thybulle or vice versa. Maybe it was pick protection. Lots of variables. There was also chatter about Miami being in on him and even that they, and not Philly, might be Lowry’s preferred landing spot.

I agree with you the part about Toronto not budging didn’t make much sense. I would say both sides had good reason not to burn the Lowry bridge— it’s something they could revisit this off-season. But I doubt it. If you’re Philly you get one less playoff run with Kyle, and Maxey only upped his stock.

Last edited by mac222b; 08-01-2021 at 10:01 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:31 AM   #2432
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m just speculating that maybe the sticking point was Lowry not guaranteeing to extend in Philly. And they didn’t want to give up Maxey, a pick and depth for a rental. I may be way off. Maybe Toronto didn’t like Maxey and insisted on Thybulle or vice versa. Maybe it was pick protection. Lots of variables. There was also chatter about Miami being in on him and even that they, and not Philly, might be Lowry’s preferred landing spot.

I agree with you the part about Toronto not budging didn’t make much sense. I would say both sides had good reason not to burn the Lowry bridge— it’s something they could revisit this off-season. But I doubt it. If you’re Philly you get one less playoff run with Kyle, and Maxey only upped his stock.
I haven't been keeping up with it but is it a forgone conclusion that Lowry is gone from Toronto? Raptors are weird.....I could certainly understand if they wanted to go in a youth direction but I've seen Siakam available if teams want to trade for him.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #2433
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Exciting game of musical chairs about to unfold tomorrow
Old 08-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #2434
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Exciting game of musical chairs about to unfold tomorrow

I just hope we get one
Old 08-01-2021, 11:19 AM   #2435
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Luka still needs work on free throws.

The Slovenia team overcame a sharp shot making effort from Spain and a good box and 1 strategy vs Luka.

Such a fun game to watch. The NBA could take some of this FIBA style play and improve the game. The ball looks better than the NBA ball too.

Also... Derozan is the guy we need I've quadrupled down on that. When defenses key in on Luka like Spain did and the Clips etc do Derozan will go ham off the dribble as well as find open guys. It would completely change defenses comfort level in semi-gimmicky strategies.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 08-01-2021 at 11:21 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #2436
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 08-01-2021 at 11:21 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:36 AM   #2437
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about

Is Moses Brown in the long term plans?
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #2438
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about

Is Moses Brown in the long term plans?
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #2439
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I am all in for DeRozan. He's much younger than Lowry, and a guy you can count on in crunch time. These playoffs have shown the value of a guy who shoots 2 pointers dependably. He would take so much pressure off both Luka. And KP would flourish in an offense with 2 guys who demand a double team on every play.

I don't understand the love affair with THJ. The only thing he is consistent at is being inconsistent. I say max out Derozan> He's probably not looking forward to giving 10% of his check to some other state if he leaves Texas. And I think he's a guy Luka would love setting up.

Then we spend what's left shoring up the D. Didn't we just draft a bunch of guys who are supposed to be good defenders? Time to give them a chance to prove it.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #2440
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I am all in for DeRozan. He's much younger than Lowry, and a guy you can count on in crunch time. These playoffs have shown the value of a guy who shoots 2 pointers dependably. He would take so much pressure off Luka. And KP would flourish in an offense with 2 guys who demand a double team on every play.

I don't understand the love affair with THJ. The only thing he is consistent at is being inconsistent. I say max out Derozan. He's probably not looking forward to giving 10% of his check to some other state if he leaves Texas. And I think he's a guy Luka would love setting up. He's not an egomaniac, so I think he would mesh well , and maybe enjoy not having to be "the man" all the time.

Then we spend what's left shoring up the D. Didn't we just draft a bunch of guys who are supposed to be good defenders? Time to give them a chance to prove it.

Last edited by G-Man; 08-01-2021 at 11:54 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack.kerr aucks