Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #2401
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
You failed to see the sarcasm, I'm not a fan of Cadbane.
You should have used a more sarcastic font...

Saying "the Mavs can't win it all" is just as ridiculous as saying "the Heat will win it all" when a single game has yet to be played... How can anyone have a definitive opinion at this point? (because it's only the pessimists who are talking like they KNOW something - everyone else is taking a "wait & see" approach...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #2402
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
lol That's what I was trying to say... and that goes completely against what you were saying earlier.
This is starting to bore me TBH. Any of the 30 teams in the league could win a championship. Anything can happen. But it's quite obvious that the teams with the best talent have the better chance of winning. We are one of the top 7 teams in the league, but is that really enough? In my opinion, it isn't. Like I've said before, if you believe that we're winning a championship as constructed, that's fine with me. But I don't believe it.

Your argument in fact, is very vain imho. We've had 10 years of success in the regular season but heartbreaks and collapses in the playoffs. Most of our key vets are getting up there in age. We've lost in the first round 3 times in the last 4 seasons. And the only significant upgrade we've made is Chandler for Damp, which was pretty good imo. But probably still not enough. Your argument of "Anything can happen" is weak imo. It seems like you expect me to disregard our playoff failures in the past, disregard the fact that we've only got slightly better during the off-season just because "Anything can happen".
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #2403
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You failed to see the sarcasm, I'm not a fan of Cadbane.

Quick to high-five Mavs trashing? Perhaps you are talking about that one post that you misunderstood. I dislike it when douchers can't allow someone the freedom to say, "In their opinion, they don't think the Mavs can win it all". Don't be so insecure, you are allowed to think otherwise if you want. It's like ANY doubt spoken at all and they're traitors, regardless how long they have been around or been a fan. Besides, I don't even think anyone has even said they aren't watching the team, the regular season, the ups and downs etc. We all come back for more because were fans of the Mavs. I'll join your faces bandwagon!
doucher, eh? I didn't say he wasn't entitled to his opinion. I was just arguing the other side of it. There's a BIG difference. It's kinda what happens on a discussion board.

I'm saying that he is wrong and telling him why I think so.
You're saying that I'm a doucher for questioning someones opinion at all. (ultimately saying that I'm not entitled to MY opinion)

See the difference? Imagine how boring a discussion board would be if we still thought differently from people, but weren't allowed to talk about it. .

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-13-2010 at 10:12 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #2404
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
This is starting to bore me TBH. Any of the 30 teams in the league could win a championship. Anything can happen. But it's quite obvious that the teams with the best talent have the better chance of winning. We are one of the top 7 teams in the league, but is that really enough? In my opinion, it isn't. Like I've said before, if you believe that we're winning a championship as constructed, that's fine with me. But I don't believe it.

Your argument in fact, is very vain imho. We've had 10 years of success in the regular season but heartbreaks and collapses in the playoffs. Most of our key vets are getting up there in age. We've lost in the first round 3 times in the last 4 seasons. And the only significant upgrade we've made is Chandler for Damp, which was pretty good imo. But probably still not enough. Your argument of "Anything can happen" is weak imo. It seems like you expect me to disregard our playoff failures in the past, disregard the fact that we've only got slightly better during the off-season just because "Anything can happen".
If it's starting to bore you then stop responding. I've been around for all the heartbreaks and collapses too, bud, but I know that there's talent on this team. Do I think they're 100% going to win? No. Do I think they're 50% going to win? No. I don't think ANY team, including the Lakers or Heat, deserve 50% odds of winning it all because there is so much talent in this league, injuries happen and, as we know, collapses happen. Remember how the Cavs were destined for the finals last year? 1 team will capitalize on all the factors that create an NBA season and I think the Mavs have some sort of small shot at that. Remember, Dirk took a much less talented team to the Finals once.

I don't care at all about our Miami/Warriors collapse, why even bring those up? Unless you think that there's some deep flaw in Dirk or Terry's game (I think they're the only ones from those teams that's left) then what does that have to do with anything? "We've lost in 3 of the last 4 first rounds" who cares? We didn't have 3 of our current starters for 3 of those 4 years..... All I care about is last year, since it's pretty close to the same team, and I believe that a year together will make them gel a lot better + the emergence of Roddy B.

Like I said, unless you think Dirk is responsible for the collapses and has some fatal flaw in his game, pretty much all the important pieces of this team are different since the Warriors series... and besides Kidd, most of the important pieces were acquired at the beginning and middle of last season... Saying that teams before last years team have anything to do with our future success in the playoffs is insane. It can make watching a little more stressful and it can make debbie downer emotions a little easier to fester because of a "here we go again" feeling...but that's completely a fans perspective. It doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to next years odds.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-13-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #2405
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
doucher, eh?

I didn't say he wasn't entitled to his opinion. I was just arguing the other side of it. There's a BIG difference. It's kinda what happens on a discussion board.

I'm saying that he is wrong and telling him why I think so.
You're saying that I'm a doucher for questioning someones opinion at all. (ultimately saying that I'm not entitled to MY opinion)

See the difference? Imagine how boring a discussion board would be if we still thought differently from people, but weren't allowed to talk about it. .
eh no good.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 08-13-2010 at 10:30 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #2406
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Shut up, Meg.
Again you continue to show your sheer, unmitigated ignorance of basketball. I hope Tyson performs well, and he's still a solid defender and rebounder, but the guy is not that good. Especially now. He has a bad attitude, he's extremely injury prone, he has terrible hands and no post up moves to speak of. I watched him a lot last year, and the previous few years. He looked terrible, just terrible. Last year he was severely outperformed by Nazr Muhammad. What does that say? Some of you see highlights from scrimmages and summer league and get so damned excited, you seem to have difficultly discerning NBA basketball from glorified practice.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #2407
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If it's starting to bore you then stop responding. I've been around for all the heartbreaks and collapses too, bud, but I know that there's talent on this team. Do I think they're 100% going to win? No. Do I think they're 50% going to win? No. I don't think ANY team, including the Lakers or Heat, deserve 50% odds of winning it all because there is so much talent in this league, injuries happen and, as we know, collapses happen. Remember how the Cavs were destined for the finals last year? 1 team will capitalize on all the factors that create an NBA season and I think the Mavs have some sort of small shot at that. Remember, Dirk took a much less talented team to the Finals once.

I don't care at all about our Miami/Warriors collapse, why even bring those up? Unless you think that there's some deep flaw in Dirk or Terry's game (I think they're the only ones from those teams that's left) then what does that have to do with anything? "We've lost in 3 of the last 4 first rounds" who cares? We didn't have 3 of our current starters for 3 of those 4 years..... All I care about is last year, since it's pretty close to the same team, and I believe that a year together will make them gel a lot better + the emergence of Roddy B.

Like I said, unless you think Dirk is responsible for the collapses and has some fatal flaw in his game, pretty much all the important pieces of this team are different since the Warriors series... and besides Kidd, most of the important pieces were acquired at the beginning and middle of last season... Saying that teams before last years team have anything to do with our future success in the playoffs is insane. It can make watching a little more stressful and it can make debbie downer emotions a little easier to fester because of a "here we go again" feeling...but that's completely a fans perspective. It doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to next years odds.
You make good points. But still there is simply no way we can be sure that we will be the team to capitalize on another team's injuries/collapse, if that happens. And Dirk did take a less talented team to the finals, but we caught breaks similar to the ones you metioned above. Duncan was supposedly dealing with plantar fasciitis during the playoffs, and Amare didn't even play in the WCF due to his knee issues. Not that we didn't play great basketball but those two factors also played a role. Our chances at winning a championship are low but if we can catch a break like that again, our chances increase. There's just no guarantee of that though.

Yes, what happened in prior seasons doesn't affect us this season. I never said that. And I do not know how this season will turn out. But when I look at how the playoffs have ended for us these past ten years, it makes me wonder why things would be any different. Why exactly would this be the team that would break the trend of playoff failures? Last year this team lost in the first round, our only addition so far has been Chandler. Do you really think Chandler is going to get us over the hump?

And there is no way I think Dirk is responsible for any of our past failures. I never even said anything close to that. I feel the lack of a real #2 option is what's hurt this team for years, especially since Nash and Fin left. Hopefully we can make some moves to finally get over the hump, but till then things look bleak.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 PM   #2408
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Duncan's foot issues did not play a role. That was one of the best series of his career.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #2409
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Tim Duncan's foot issues did not play a role. That was one of the best series of his career.
He averaged 26/11 that post season. Not to mention a playoff career high 41 pts, 15 rebounds, 6 ast and 3 blocks in game 7.

Sexy numbers if you ask me.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #2410
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Again you continue to show your sheer, unmitigated ignorance of basketball.
How did you get that from "shut up, Meg"?

Or is bashing other peoples' knowledge of basketball just your go-to line to make you feel superior on an internet chat board? (because there isn't one person on this site you haven't "talked-down" to, even though you're a mental midget compared to a majority of the regular posters around here...)

Tyson Chandler is healthy for the first time in years. There's reason to be excited about the video that was recently posted, not because he scored the winning shot in a meaningless game, but because he looked healthy and active while doing it. In a span of 10 seconds during sudden-death overtime, he moved out to set a pick, slid back under the basket, popped a rebound out to keep the drive alive, positioned himself down low for the alley-oop, got up over the defenders, caught the ball and slammed it down into the basket. Now imagine Erick Dampier in that same sequence.

This team is better. Specifically our bigs, which is important because the Lakers killed us with their bigs. We match up better with them now. How is this not a good thing?

If you can't see the greatness in this team, then maybe you should find another hobby - obviously being a Mavs fan is not making you a happy person. Life is too short to spend day-in and day-out bitching about a sports team on a website. Go find your happiness and stop spreading your misery around to those who actually enjoy what they're witnessing.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-14-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: no reason to make a little girl cry...
Old 08-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #2411
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Not sure why you guys get all moist over meaningless Chandler highlights. The guy has been junk for the last few years.
It's not like it was some stupid highlight reel. It was the last minute or so of the like only game of the summer and he had a bunch of cool plays (winning the tip, offensive rebound, alley-oop dunk to win the game).

God forbid someone say "Freaking sweet!" to all that.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #2412
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Remove user from ignore list
SMC0007 This message is hidden because SMC0007 is on your ignore list.

View Post Yesterday, 10:17 PM Remove user from ignore list
CadBane This message is hidden because CadBane is on your ignore list.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #2413
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Cadbane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Shut up, Meg.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

I'm sensing a trend here...

It is pretty dumb to trash someone (me) for posting a fun video of our seemingly healthy back-up center.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #2414
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not like it was some stupid highlight reel. It was the last minute or so of the like only game of the summer and he had a bunch of cool plays (winning the tip, offensive rebound, alley-oop dunk to win the game).

Fluid,

I don't have a problem with people noting that Chandler has looked good. But no one seems to know how to temper their enthusiasm. I hope Chandler has a great year, but my problem is people see these highlights and suddenly proclaim "Oh! Damp could NEVER do that! Massive upgrade!" That's just asinine. Chandler is still the same injury prone, inept offensive player he's been for the past few years. And yes, I am going to bump this thread when these same fickle fans are busting his balls after he sits out a month for a phantom injury, or he's putting up 5/5 and looking like shit out there.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #2415
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm sensing a trend here...

It is pretty dumb to trash someone (me) for posting a fun video of our seemingly healthy back-up center.
I really wish people would stop manipulating things.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #2416
Underdog

Quote:
I don't have a problem with people noting that Chandler has looked good.
Yes you do, otherwise you wouldn't have said, "Not sure why you guys get all moist over meaningless Chandler highlights. The guy has been junk for the last few years."

Quote:
But no one seems to know how to temper their enthusiasm...........my problem is people see these highlights and suddenly proclaim "Oh! Damp could NEVER do that! Massive upgrade!"
Is, "freaking sweet!" really that over-the-top? It's not like anyone said "Chandler = rings"... But you do a lot more talking than reading, so your hyperbole comes as no surprise...

And, no, Damp can't do that, so don't even pretend like he can...

Quote:
I hope Chandler has a great year.......... And yes, I am going to bump this thread when these same fickle fans are busting his balls after he sits out a month for a phantom injury, or he's putting up 5/5 and looking like shit out there.
You totally contradict yourself here - you'll completely lose your "bragging rights" if Chandler has a good year... (and what kind of a "fan" are you if you're dying to PROVE that the Mavs will fail??? You're a f*cking troll...)

Also, Tyson Chandler has never been a 5/5 player, but you should know that since you claim to watch him all the time...

Quote:
I really wish people would stop manipulating things.
Manipulating what? Those quotes were pretty straight-forward.

You're a dick and everyone is calling you out on it...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-14-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #2417
CadBane
Banned

If you don't have the skills of basic reading comprehension, there's nothing I can do for you.

Also, Mods, I think you should warn UD, I thought the board strictly prohibited personal insults in the public domain?

"You're a dick and everyone is calling you out on it... "
Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #2418
CadBane
Banned

You're right, Chandler has never been a 5/5 player. Last year he was a 6/6 player. In more minutes than he'll get this year. Fail.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #2419
fluid.forty.one

dont get excited guys! negativity only pls!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #2420
Underdog

Quote:
Also, Mods, I think you should warn UD, I thought the board strictly prohibited personal insults in the public domain?

Last edited by Underdog; 08-14-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #2421
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that's just being a bitch on your part Cadbane. Nut up.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #2422
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I'm sorry, but that's just being a bitch on your part Cadbane. Nut up.
No kidding...

For a guy whose first sentence in every disagreement usually contains the words "idiot" or "moron", he sure can't take what he dishes out!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #2423
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

entertaining shit!
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #2424
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

now wheres my popcorn?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #2425
mavs777
Diamond Member

or how about the lays?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #2426
mavs777
Diamond Member

baked potato with green onions, cheddar, butter, and sour cream?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #2427
mavs777
Diamond Member

and where are my popeye seeds and the green grass?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #2428
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Cadbane, you do come off as someone who is eager for Chandler to have a horrendous year, simply so you can come back and giddily proclaim that you were right all along.
There is nothing wrong with hoping the man has recovered from his injuries and can contribute to the Mavs. I haven't read anything here that implies that fans think Chandler will lead the Mavs to the championship. God forbid should anyone have some cautious optimism.
From what I've seen, Chandler is capable of catching a ball without fumbling it. Dampier had his uses, but he was unable to catch a ball or put into into the basket without having some screwup along the way.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #2429
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Remove user from ignore list
SMC0007 This message is hidden because SMC0007 is on your ignore list.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #2430
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
God forbid should anyone have some cautious optimism.
Exactly. Nobody asked for the enthusiasm police.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #2431
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you don't have the skills of basic reading comprehension, there's nothing I can do for you.

"You're a dick and everyone is calling you out on it... "
This is a bit, right C3PO? You talk more sh*t and insult more folks here than anyone else, and you are crying about being insulted? Do you think that if a mod censors UD's post it will keep most people here from thinking you're a whiny coward? Because it won't. Get over yourself and stop starting fights and maybe you won't have to have your menses thrown back at you.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #2432
LSMF
Diamond Member

Let's step away from the Cadbane bashing for a moment. I still think this team ought to look in to getting T.J Ford or Delonte West. Both would be good additions for this team.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #2433
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Let's step away from the Cadbane bashing for a moment. I still think this team ought to look in to getting T.J Ford or Delonte West. Both would be good additions for this team.
Both would be great at stealing minutes away from Roddy (without really being any better than him...)

Or hadn't you thought of that, Long Suffering Mavs Fan?

EDIT: if you push Cadbane out of the bulls-eye, guess where you're standing?

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #2434
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to have TJ on the Mavs

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #2435
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I would love to have TJ on the Mavs
Why?

Am I missing something about a guard who shoots 16% from beyond the arc and 77% from the charity stripe?

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #2436
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Tyson only played a few minutes against France, but he still looks really good. Does all of the scrappy little things extremely well (definitely a Carlisle guy). Had yet another lob basket, good defense, and a money block from what I saw.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #2437
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Forget winning a championship. I just hope we avoid a fail record next year.
I personally, have to agree with this. Seriously, 10 years of the playoffs and NO championships, the odds alone would predict we would win it all at least 1 out of 10 tries. The bottom line is that the Mavs have not been competitive in the playoffs since losing in the finals. We've lost 4-1, 4-1, 4-2, 4-2, and won one series against San Antone 4-2.

I believe organizations win championships, and therefore this history of failure is both highly relevant and highly disturbing. But, I also realize that some here believe that players win championships, and with a new team, they believe we have a chance. Both viewpoints are equally worthy.

My solution: If Roddy's not showing signs of being The Man 20 games into the season, sell the farm/overpay/whatever for a dynamic guard whether they play the 1 or 2 spot.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #2438
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
This is a bit, right C3PO? You talk more sh*t and insult more folks here than anyone else, and you are crying about being insulted? Do you think that if a mod censors UD's post it will keep most people here from thinking you're a whiny coward? Because it won't. Get over yourself and stop starting fights and maybe you won't have to have your menses thrown back at you.

How about you and UD stop stealing oxygen and go euthanize each other. By the way, you might be the most pretentious, faux-philosophical POS I've ever seen. Your taste in music and books is as asinine and fake as Paris Hilton. Go yourself. Both of you. And neither of you knows a god damn thing about basketball. pathetic. Let's see if the double standards continue Mods.

Last edited by jthig32; 08-16-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Stop dropping F bombs.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #2439
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
Cadbane, you do come off as someone who is eager for Chandler to have a horrendous year, simply so you can come back and giddily proclaim that you were right all along.
There is nothing wrong with hoping the man has recovered from his injuries and can contribute to the Mavs. I haven't read anything here that implies that fans think Chandler will lead the Mavs to the championship. God forbid should anyone have some cautious optimism.
From what I've seen, Chandler is capable of catching a ball without fumbling it. Dampier had his uses, but he was unable to catch a ball or put into into the basket without having some screwup along the way.
Sorry, but Chandler CAN'T catch the ball without fumbling it, actually. There's a reason he averaged 6 PPG last year on a much lower fg% than Damp. Watch some games THEN talk. The guy drops more balls than TO. His hands are just as bad as Damp's, but he's not as good a man defender or screen setter. And I don't want Ty to fail, can you read? I swear this site has a lower cumulative IQ than Terri Shiavo. Do people even read? Can they read? I NEVER said I want Ty to fail. I NEVER said people can't be pleased with what they see. I simply stated facts, and said people shouldn't get overly excited over SCRIMMAGE highlights, and that SCRIMMAGE highlights don't mean that Ty is a resurrected Phoenix who has risen from the ashes of 3rd string center caliber play of the past 2 years.

Last edited by jthig32; 08-16-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: I feel like you might need to take a breather. Just a thought.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #2440
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
How about you and UD stop stealing oxygen and go euthanize each other. By the way, you might be the most pretentious, faux-philosophical POS I've ever seen. Your taste in music and books is as asinine and fake as Paris Hilton. Go yourself. Both of you. And neither of you knows a god damn thing about basketball. pathetic. Let's see if the double standards continue Mods.
haha talking about double standards while dropping loads of F bombs, insults, name calling and death wishes.

NERDRAGE

Last edited by jthig32; 08-16-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...