Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #2441
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't think Lewis has enough impact to mean anyone is leaving. He'll be on the fringe of the rotation, I would think.
True. But I would like him to be Dirk's main backup later into the season. Let the young guys get it going first. Get a rotation going.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #2442
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Will the Mavericks stop at 15 players, or should they sign 16 or 17 and let them battle it out during training camp?
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #2443
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

They wanted to stop at #14 and let one spot open for later...

But i also thought they want to bring Sarge back. Sarge and 2.7m guy makes it #15
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #2444
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

They wanted to stop at #14 and let one spot open for later...

But i also thought they want to bring Sarge back. Sarge and 2.7m guy makes it #15
Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #2445
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I look at the roster and start to get excited, Felton becomes such a wet blanket. I'm not a fan of Mo at all, but I would be much, much more comfortable with him and Harris.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #2446
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Legit signing. 13 guys committed so far.

Felton/Harris/Mekel
Ellis/Ledo
Parsons/Crowder/Jefferson
Nowitzki/Wright/Lewis
Chandler/Smith
Rick Carlisle has to be drooling over his options.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #2447
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Nah, I think it stashes Greg Smith at the end of the bench. He's got a lot of learning to do. Possibly Wright and Smith will be competing for playing time.
I disagree. I think Smith will be the primary 5 backup and get significant minutes. I also think he's best backup 5 we've had in a looooooong time (ahead of Haywood, Mahinmi, etc.).
Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #2448
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I disagree. I think Smith will be the primary 5 backup and get significant minutes. I also think he's best backup 5 we've had in a looooooong time (ahead of Haywood, Mahinmi, etc.).
Too early to tell. I want him getting big minutes in preseason to see. That way Carlisle has a good observation how to work with him. If he fits into some type of role. I wouldn't mind he play a lot the first 40 games. Which leaves the older vets to get more time after all-star break. But it all varies on his way of production.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-16-2014 at 12:24 AM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:53 AM   #2449
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Is it possible for us to just waive Mekel? The guy won't see the floor at all next season with Felton/Harris and especially when (if) we get Mo Williams... I just don't see the point in carrying him on the roster. And he's not even playing well in the summer league right now. To put it nicely, I don't think he's an NBA caliber player. Oh and the fact that he is a back-to-back Isreal league MVP reallllyy makes me wonder what that league is like. I'm betting I'm better than half of the players...

But anyways, we should just assign him to the d-league and get another veteran FA. We're in win now mode and he serves no purpose on this team.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:54 AM   #2450
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Is it possible for us to just waive Mekel? The guy won't see the floor at all next season with Felton/Harris and especially when (if) we get Mo Williams... I just don't see the point in carrying him on the roster. And he's not even playing well in the summer league right now. To put it nicely, I don't think he's an NBA caliber player. Oh and the fact that he is a back-to-back Isreal league MVP reallllyy makes me wonder what that league is like. I'm betting I'm better than half of the players...

But anyways, we should just assign him to the d-league and get another veteran FA. We're in win now mode and he serves no purpose on this team.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #2451
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Nah, I think it stashes Greg Smith at the end of the bench. He's got a lot of learning to do. Possibly Wright and Smith will be competing for playing time.
They may be competing for time, but it can't mean Smith is on the end of the bench unless they're bringing in another backup center. Wright can't be the only backup center due to matchup issues.

If they go into the season with Tyson/Wright/Smith as their only centers, they must be comfortable with Smith playing pretty much every single game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #2452
HopeIsAlwaysThere
Golden Member

HopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post

Mekel is playing good in the summer league, I bet you just base on his stats...
HopeIsAlwaysThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 AM   #2453
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

I am pretty content with the Rashard Lewis pickup. We got ourselves a 6'10 small forward/power forward who can still shoot the 3 ball. After losing Jose and Vince, we needed someone who can shoot 3's besides Dirk, Parsons, and Crowder. I just worry about our power forward rotation on defense with Dirk, Rashard, and Brandan. Dirk and Rashard are not enforcers at all, and Brandan can get pushed around easily because he is very slim, on the flip side, thanks to Brandan's athletic ability, he can jump and block shots. But we will see how that rotation works out on defense
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #2454
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

I hope we only get Mo Williams if we release or trade Raymond Felton. We have 3 point guards already

Last edited by jay3189; 07-16-2014 at 06:27 AM.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #2455
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Lance to the Hornets, 3/27 last year being a team option. Not a bad deal imo.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.U8UTqpRdWYE

Edit: apparently he was going to sign a 2/20 deal with Mavs if we didnt get Parsons

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...7-million-deal

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 07-16-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #2456
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

Edit: apparently he was going to sign a 2/20 deal with Mavs if we didnt get Parsons

Kemba / Ridnour
Lance/ Henderson
MKG / M. Williams / Hairston
Al / Vonleh
Zeller / Byombo

I've seen worse rosters. Wonder if they'd be interested in Felton...
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #2457
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kemba / Ridnour
Lance/ Henderson
MKG / M. Williams / Hairston
Al / Vonleh
Zeller / Byombo

I've seen worse rosters. Wonder if they'd be interested in Felton...
In the east, that's a top 6 roster.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #2458
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They may be competing for time, but it can't mean Smith is on the end of the bench unless they're bringing in another backup center. Wright can't be the only backup center due to matchup issues.

If they go into the season with Tyson/Wright/Smith as their only centers, they must be comfortable with Smith playing pretty much every single game.
Anyone know how Ivan Johnson has looked in SL? He could be a great third/fourth big man. Strong guy that does the dirty work.

Contact Me
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #2459
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they must be comfortable with Smith playing pretty much every single game.
this.

Due to some comments from MC - we have wanted him for a couple of years. I can't wait to see him in action for us. He supposed to not have much of a game from more than 5ft from the basket but we have plenty of scoring on the floor - just go get us some boards!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #2460
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Signing Lewis indicates to me that Wright is on his way out.
Anyone else get that impression?
I think Dallas is a trade of Wright for Jason Terry and signing of Sarge and call it done and see what they can do.

I am not sure if Jason Terry burned his bridge back to here or not, but trading for Jason Terry (sharpshooter) seems like the last of it to me.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #2461
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Worst part about Lance goin to Hornets is it basically paves the way for LBJ to the finals... the Pacers are weaker, the Heat r basically replacing LBJ with Deng...and unless the Wiz or Nets step it up drastically or DRose finally returns at full strength (probably the only real challenger)
I wish Cubes could buy the Mavs one year in the East.....
Old 07-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #2462
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

And Tolliver to the Suns.....

Last edited by Just211; 07-16-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Just211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #2463
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Smith is a pretty big x factor this season. The only thing that has really kept him back are injuries, but he can play. I remember specifically watching a Rockets game two seasons ago versus the Pacers where he had something like 18 points and 19 rebounds. Couldn't remember the guy's name since Houston overhauls their roster every season, but he was impressive.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #2464
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone know how Ivan Johnson has looked in SL? He could be a great third/fourth big man. Strong guy that does the dirty work.
Awful!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #2465
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

So we pretty much would have had an awesome offseason either way. Shocking how underrated Stephenson has become, but hey, if he is a nutcase then so be it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #2466
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

So much for Stephenson. I feel that is going to be an absolute steal for Charlotte. Man - if all it took to get him was 9M, you really would think IF there was interest from Dallas that Indy would've been all over it to get Wright/filler/picks instead of just losing him outright like this. Punch in the gut for Bird for sure. Guess Dallas just had no post-Parsons interest as has been suggested - shame though.

Well, if we are going to make a similar trade at this point for someone significant it's likely at the PG position so, as was suggested yesterday, hopefully we are looking long and hard at putting a package together for Bledsoe/Rondo/someone similar revolving around the now much more available Wright (due to Lewis) and whatever other assets it takes to get it done.

Again, either of these starting lineups is awfully good if we can swing it:

Bledsoe/Rondo
Ellis
Parsons
Dirk
Chandler

If no trades are in the plans and we're just a veteran or two away from suiting up for 2014, I still think we've positioned ourselves for at least a 4 seed in the West (best Non-Spurs record potentially, possibly better if all things click) but man, I can't help myself from imagining what our roster would look like if we really decide to go for it via trade and somewhat mortgage our distant future for the present and short-term future.

I just think a team without a really elite 4 could REALLY find a lot of value in a guy like Wright (especially someone with a good rebounding/defensive 5 to help offset his weaknesses). Finding a team that has surplus in our area of need (backcourt) and trading from the depth behind our best player along with picks just seems to be a win/win for everyone involved.

We shall see how it plays out.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #2467
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
So much for Stephenson. I feel that is going to be an absolute steal for Charlotte. Man - if all it took to get him was 9M, you really would think IF there was interest from Dallas that Indy would've been all over it to get Wright/filler/picks instead of just losing him outright like this. Punch in the gut for Bird for sure. Guess Dallas just had no post-Parsons interest as has been suggested - shame though.

Well, if we are going to make a similar trade at this point for someone significant it's likely at the PG position so, as was suggested yesterday, hopefully we are looking long and hard at putting a package together for Bledsoe/Rondo/someone similar revolving around the now much more available Wright (due to Lewis) and whatever other assets it takes to get it done.

Again, either of these starting lineups is awfully good if we can swing it:

Bledsoe/Rondo
Ellis
Parsons
Dirk
Chandler

If no trades are in the plans and we're just a veteran or two away from suiting up for 2014, I still think we've positioned ourselves for at least a 4 seed in the West (best Non-Spurs record potentially, possibly better if all things click) but man, I can't help myself from imagining what our roster would look like if we really decide to go for it via trade and somewhat mortgage our distant future for the present and short-term future.

I just think a team without a really elite 4 could REALLY find a lot of value in a guy like Wright (especially someone with a good rebounding/defensive 5 to help offset his weaknesses). Finding a team that has surplus in our area of need (backcourt) and trading from the depth behind our best player along with picks just seems to be a win/win for everyone involved.

We shall see how it plays out.
I wanted Lance even more than Parsons, but S&T'ing for him after Houston didn't match wouldn't have much much sense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #2468
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I wanted Lance even more than Parsons, but S&T'ing for him after Houston didn't match wouldn't have much much sense.
I disagree, but it doesn't matter at this point. I am of the opinion having watched Ellis run our offense for much of last year in many situations (he dominates the ball a lot like Rondo does at times so, even with Calderon on the court, he still controlled the tempo many times) that, given the passing abilities of him, Stephenson and Parsons (not to mention Dirk) that we would have been just fine there to ultimately get the positive from Lance's defense, grit, rebounding and potential scoring. It would have just added a different dimension to our team that we won't have now and the expense would be the marginal drop in true PG abilities from Devin/Felton to Ellis (which, frankly, are not nearly as much of an issue as most seem to think - IMHO).
Old 07-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #2469
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I think Dallas is a trade of Wright for Jason Terry and signing of Sarge and call it done and see what they can do.

I am not sure if Jason Terry burned his bridge back to here or not, but trading for Jason Terry (sharpshooter) seems like the last of it to me.
Thats a horrible trade for us in terms of value...just wait until the Kings buy him out in dec/jan

Last edited by sefant77; 07-16-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #2470
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The Dallas Mavericks had a two-year, $20 million offer on the table to Stephenson, contingent on the Houston Rockets matching their offer for forward Chandler Parsons. If Houston had matched, Stephenson would have signed with Dallas, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...7-million-deal

---

We were ready to go, also a bit desperate. We also definitely have our eyes on something in 2016. I'm afraid that means we will also only make a one year offer to Tyson next year.

I think we're done. Lewis fills the big with range hole (aka Janitor role). A guard with range (Mo/JET) and a swing defender (we need somebody to cover Durant/Westbrook/Harden/etc) would just about do it.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-16-2014 at 09:03 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #2471
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
The Dallas Mavericks had a two-year, $20 million offer on the table to Stephenson, contingent on the Houston Rockets matching their offer for forward Chandler Parsons. If Houston had matched, Stephenson would have signed with Dallas, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...7-million-deal

---

We were ready to go, also a bit desperate. We also definitely have our eyes on something in 2016. I'm afraid that means we will also only make a one year offer to Tyson next year.

I think we're done. Lewis fills the big with range hole (aka Janitor role). A guard with range (Mo/JET) and a swing defender (we need somebody to cover Durant/Westbrook/Harden/etc) would just about do it.
Another shame to losing out on Stephenson - that guy could have been your starting SG... OK, I'll stop.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #2472
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Stephensen has early the 2014 version of Monta Ellis FA signing potential.

I would've liked to have him with CP but I don't think we could've brought him in via trade.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #2473
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if I like the idea of 2016...would like to keep the core of dirk parsons chandler ellis
Old 07-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #2474
alby
Guru

I'm actually on the side of being glad we didn't pick up Lance.

Contact Me
Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #2475
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm actually on the side of being glad we didn't pick up Lance.
Yeah, it would suck if the tail-end of Dirk's career was plagued with chemistry issues caused by a guy who already has a reputation of being a locker room cancer... Definitely not something you have to worry about with Parsons.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #2476
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have a blog going up about his assignment for the SL today.
Results have been very mixed.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #2477
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm extremely happy with CP, but would have LOVED to watch the Lance Crazy Train pull into Dallas.

That fool is going wreck the league this season.

In Dallas, under Rick's guidance, I'm betting that he would have grown up. In CHA, there is no telling what happens. Could be bad.

Anyway, YAY for Chandler Parsons!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #2478
tap2390
Diamond Member

Put me down for one more wing defender. Could it be Eric Griffin? I haven't had the chance to watch the SL, but anyone have thoughts about him as an end of roster hustler/defender?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #2479
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Put me down for one more wing defender. Could it be Eric Griffin? I haven't had the chance to watch the SL, but anyone have thoughts about him as an end of roster hustler/defender?
He's been the surprise of SL. High flyer he's been all over the place. BG said we play Charlotte at 1pm pt. I believe it's supposed to be on nbatv.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #2480
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

It's nice to know that the MBT had a plan B in place in case CP was matched. Either player would have been an upgrade from the team we had last year.

I wanted Lance but not at the expense of CP, I'm greedy like Morey and wanted both.

Like someone mentioned above ....Who will guard the elite wings of the league? ...I know Jae can do it but he doesn't start.

Last edited by Mav Addict; 07-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double post double post