Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #2441
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Not sure why you guys get all moist over meaningless Chandler highlights. The guy has been junk for the last few years.

I NEVER said I want Ty to fail. I NEVER said people can't be pleased with what they see. I simply stated facts, and (I) said people shouldn't get overly excited over SCRIMMAGE highlights
So had UD implied a "pleased" attitude instead of an "excited" attitude, we could have prevented this CadBane freak out? Because, I assume, by "see" you mean the only chance we have to "see" Chandler this summer, aka the USA games. The fine line between "pleased" and "excited" is really that important to you?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-15-2010 at 06:48 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #2442
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Do you get the hint finally Cadbane? Yeah, none of us know anything at all about basketball...and you've claimed to watch tons and tons and tons of Warriors games, Sixers games and A LOT of Chandler games last season. Oh and an Anthony Tolliver expert. Either you have 10000% of no life, or you're completely full of sh*t. Get a life and stop trolling.

Oh and I'm no Chandler expert but have yet to see him have trouble catching the ball around the rim during his USA play.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #2443
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

lawlz!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #2444
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Awaiting the banning of Cadbane any moment now....

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #2445
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Both would be great at stealing minutes away from Roddy (without really being any better than him...)

Or hadn't you thought of that, Long Suffering Mavs Fan?

EDIT: if you push Cadbane out of the bulls-eye, guess where you're standing?
I suggested that we improve our team, and for some reason you decide to answer with this. What exactly did I do wrong by making this suggestion? Because I really don't understand it.

EDIT: I'll make my argument for why I think those guys would improve our team later, because I'm busy at the moment. But UD, I hope you got my PM though.

Last edited by LSMF; 08-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #2446
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I suggested that we improve our team, and for some reason you decide to answer with this. What exactly did I do wrong by making this suggestion? Because I really don't understand it.
and he's suggesting that your suggestion would NOT improve the team. He's allowed to have his own (and refute your) opinion.

I, personally, agree with him. I don't think TJ Ford or West helps this team at all and I think it takes minutes away from Roddy. We already have Kidd/Butler/Terry fighting Roddy for minutes, I wouldn't want someone in here to take even more minutes from him. Like we've talked about, our success as a team is pretty dependent on how well and fast Roddy develops.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #2447
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
and he's suggesting that your suggestion would NOT improve the team. He's allowed to have his own (and refute your) opinion.

I, personally, agree with him. I don't think TJ Ford or West helps this team at all and I think it takes minutes away from Roddy. We already have Kidd/Butler/Terry fighting Roddy for minutes, I wouldn't want someone in here to take even more minutes from him. Like we've talked about, our success as a team is pretty dependent on how well and fast Roddy develops.
Exactly... Certain folks around here keep saying we have NO CHANCE of winning a ring if Roddy doesn't become some kind of star, then they turn around and suggest that we add a mediocre player who will steal minutes away from Roddy's development...

What the hell drugs are people on???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #2448
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

serious?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #2449
fluid.forty.one

What I mean by that is our championship odds increase significantly if Roddy develops to his potential. That could also be put as "our championship odds are worse if Roddy doesn't get minutes (aka develop) than if he does develop into a real contributor". Do you disagree?

Obviously our success as a 50 win team isn't dependent on that, nor is our chances to get out of the 1st round this year IMO, but we want more than that, right?

btw.. without looking, I'd be willing to bet that at least 10 out of your last 20 posts have been either one word responses or just lame jpegs. Thanks for contributing!

@LSMF. you need to stop taking things so personally. If someone disagrees with you, or especially if multiple people do, you can't take it personally. People have opinions. You've been a good member for awhile but your recent posts in this thread read a lot like the posts you made long ago before your huge freak out/quit from the board/name change. That PM you sent me back then and my response both apply to this as well. It's just a bunch of sports guys talkin sports.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-15-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #2450
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This site still has Mods?

Well, f*ck me...

Last edited by jthig32; 08-16-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #2451
Underdog

Quote:
Sorry, but Chandler CAN'T catch the ball without fumbling it, actually. There's a reason he averaged 6 PPG last year on a much lower fg% than Damp. Watch some games THEN talk. The guy drops more balls than TO. His hands are just as bad as Damp's, but he's not as good a man defender or screen setter.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.
Video don't lie.

But you're obviously smarter than Coach K!

Quote:
"Tyson did a lot for us when we qualified in 2007 ... He's much stronger than he was in 2007 and I thought he played well," coach Mike Krzyzewski said of the big man's play since training began last month. "He does all the things to compliment our perimeter players, so he has a chance to be really important for us."
For reference, Chandler was 12/12 in 2007...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 08-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #2452
fluid.forty.one

But.... we don't have a great passer like Chri...... oh, wait.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-15-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #2453
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Think I'll run with LSMF's West/T.J. Ford suggestion a page or so back. I don't want T.J. Ford-doesn't he have some serious injury issues?
West...I guess would be fine. But people on here are concerned that West will only muck up Roddy's minutes and development, which is valid. However, Roddy will be off his feet for a while due to the foot breakage and who knows how long he'll really take to recuperate and get back into the game.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #2454
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
Think I'll run with LSMF's West/T.J. Ford suggestion a page or so back. I don't want T.J. Ford-doesn't he have some serious injury issues?
West...I guess would be fine. But people on here are concerned that West will only muck up Roddy's minutes and development, which is valid. However, Roddy will be off his feet for a while due to the foot breakage and who knows how long he'll really take to recuperate and get back into the game.
I know the guy is unpopular around here these days, but it's not like West or Ford are going to get minutes over Jason Terry, who I suspect will play more if Roddy misses any significant time...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #2455
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Sorry, but Chandler CAN'T catch the ball without fumbling it, actually. There's a reason he averaged 6 PPG last year on a much lower fg% than Damp. Watch some games THEN talk. The guy drops more balls than TO. His hands are just as bad as Damp's, but he's not as good a man defender or screen setter. And I don't want Ty to fail, can you fucking read? I swear this site has a lower cumulative IQ than Terri Shiavo. Do people even read? Can they read? I NEVER said I want Ty to fail. I NEVER said people can't be pleased with what they see. I simply stated facts, and said people shouldn't get overly excited over SCRIMMAGE highlights, and that SCRIMMAGE highlights don't mean that Ty is a resurrected Phoenix who has risen from the ashes of 3rd string center caliber play of the past 2 years.
Hmmmm....your response to my post is to have a major tantrum full of insults? Not much of a comeback or educated response.
You've constantly shot down any poster who has dared to have any modicum of enthusiasm or hope that Chandler can contribute. So apparently, people here CAN'T be pleased by what they're seeing. Guess everyone here should bitch about Chandler and what an awful player he is.
Who gives a crap if it's from a SCRIMMAGE. Chandler is healthy enough to participate in the SCRIMMAGE-it sounds like he's regaining his health. Players have been known to do that at times. If he was a completely useless sack of feces still derailed by injuries, I doubt he would be under consideration to play for Team USA.
The only one getting overly excited about this is you, as reflected in some of your hostile responses.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #2456
Underdog

Quote:
If he was a completely useless sack of feces still derailed by injuries, I doubt he would be under consideration to play for Team USA.
JaVale McGee just got cut, so Chandler is officially the starting center of Team USA and Lamar Odom is his backup...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #2457
Spurred1

Quote:
I know the guy is unpopular around here these days, but it's not like West or Ford are going to get minutes over Jason Terry, who I suspect will play more if Roddy misses any significant time...
Well, that's what worries me. It's nothing against Terry, but he's seemed to have gone downhill a bit. I know he's a cheerleader and a great force in the locker room, which is really good...but I think his minutes really need to be drastically cut. He tends to keep shooting even when ice cold-he's best in spurts from what I've seen.
If West is signed, he may get some of those minutes that would go to Terry-which could be beneficial for everyone involved.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #2458
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
"Supposedly" he should be back around the start of the season. Even if he's few weeks late, would it be worth to get West for that small amount of necessity (especially when we have JJB and Terry to fill in there too) at the expensive of cutting Roddy's minutes later?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-15-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #2459
Underdog

I don't want Delonte West anywhere near the Mavs' locker room/moms...

(okay, Dirk's mom is in Germany, so no worries there, but where does everyone else's moms live???)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-16-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #2460
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I mean by that is our championship odds increase significantly if Roddy develops to his potential. That could also be put as "our championship odds are worse if Roddy doesn't get minutes (aka develop) than if he does develop into a real contributor". Do you disagree?

Obviously our success as a 50 win team isn't dependent on that, nor is our chances to get out of the 1st round this year IMO, but we want more than that, right?

btw.. without looking, I'd be willing to bet that at least 10 out of your last 20 posts have been either one word responses or just lame jpegs. Thanks for contributing!

@LSMF. you need to stop taking things so personally. If someone disagrees with you, or especially if multiple people do, you can't take it personally. People have opinions. You've been a good member for awhile but your recent posts in this thread read a lot like the posts you made long ago before your huge freak out/quit from the board/name change. That PM you sent me back then and my response both apply to this as well. It's just a bunch of sports guys talkin sports.

Who knows what his potential is, plus he just got injured. Let him heal while we hope and pray that he isn't Yao, or McGrady type injury prone. If you are "depending" on him for this season to be a success or not, wow you might need a backup plan. As a very young player who hasn't really done much yet, we all see the potential but what we get from him... I see it as more of a bonus or icing on top if you will.

Also, in the same paragraph that you tell LSMF to stop taking things so personal, you immediately proceed to Air out whatever yall had in private messages to the board basically. It's obviously not JUST a bunch of sports guys talking sports.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #2461
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Who knows what his potential is, plus he just got injured. Let him heal while we hope and pray that he isn't Yao, or McGrady type injury prone. If you are "depending" on him for this season to be a success or not, wow you might need a backup plan. As a very young player who hasn't really done much yet, we all see the potential but what we get from him... I see it as more of a bonus or icing on top if you will.

Also, in the same paragraph that you tell LSMF to stop taking things so personal, you immediately proceed to Air out whatever yall had in private messages to the board basically. It's obviously not JUST a bunch of sports guys talking sports.
I didn't say what was in them.. just that they still apply. The PMs could have been me trying to get him to by my internet boyfriend! Who the f*ck knows.

sensssiiiitiiiiiveeee

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-16-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #2462
Underdog

Quote:
I didn't say what was in them.. just that they still apply. The PMs could have been me trying to get him to by my internet boyfriend! Who the f*ck knows.

sensssiiiitiiiiiveeee
Funny, I got a PM from LSMF too, but he was inviting me over to eat some fried chicken from KFC... I had to respectfully decline because I'm allergic to one of their 11 herbs & spices, but I'm not sure which one since the Colonel's recipe is a secret...

(thanks for the invite LSMF - maybe next time we can get some Church's!)

Old 08-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #2463
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny, I got a PM from LSMF too, but he was inviting me over to eat some fried chicken from KFC... I had to respectfully decline because I'm allergic to one of their 11 herbs & spices, but I'm not sure which one since the Colonel's recipe is a secret...

(thanks for the invite LSMF - maybe next time we can get some Church's!)

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #2464
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

n/m

Last edited by rmacomic; 08-16-2010 at 01:27 AM.
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #2465
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Why don't you.. take a seat. Right over here..
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #2466
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...can we just calm the hell down in here? Please?

I realize Cadbane is the one going bat-S insane, but let's not stoop to his level.

And Cadbane, if you'd like for us to start hard-line enforcing the no-insults policy then you're first on the list, buddy.

Oh..and basketball talk: Count me as being fine with Chandler but in no way expecting any kind of career renaissance.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-16-2010 at 09:17 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #2467
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Ha Ha Ha Ha...

http://www.sportsfilter.com/news/151...botched-tattoo

Awesome if true.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #2468
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Oh..and basketball talk: Count me as being fine with Chandler but in no way expecting any kind of career renaissance.
Sounds about right...

I'm just happy he's healthy & active - he looks like an upgrade over Erick Dampier... I think we match up a little better with the Lakers if he continues to play the way he has for Team USA...

(but that seems to be a controversial opinion to have around here...)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-16-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #2469
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds about right...

I'm just happy he's healthy & active - he looks like an upgrade over Erick Dampier... I think we match up a little better with the Lakers if he continues to play the way he has for Team USA...

(but that seems to be a controversial opinion to have around here...)
I'm not saying he'll have renaissance, but I'm not saying there will be just a slight upgrade over Damp. I know that's vague, but I'm thinking it's definitely somewhere in the middle between that.

I'm having a hard time figuring out which I'm more excited about, the offensive possibilities or the defensive ones. Chandler isn't going to be a guy you post up and let him work. They have to know he's going to set picks and roll hard to the basket, don't let that go to waste. He's definitely going to help in the offensive rebound department, he's lively in that regard.

Defensively, I think he's going to help big time. He's still intimidating and he forces players to alter shots. He's pretty good with his body control as well in the fact he'll go up for blocks but doesn't always get a foul called on him.

BTW, it's been an entertaining show.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #2470
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

TJ Ford would take minutes and is better than JJ barea. I think he's a great addition as he is a similar scorer (though he drives more) and much better passer than JJ. We could then trade JJ away and not worry about our back up PG. Roddy will get plenty of time at the 2.

We need to trade Terry and Barea, I think that TJ, at 27, is a great option for the backup 1.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #2471
fluid.forty.one

DONUT 1: Rave reviews for Tyson Chandler of Team USA:
"Tyson has been outstanding,'' Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski said after Chandler played 14 minutes against France and totaled four points, three rebounds and one blocked shot. "He doesn't need the ball. He's stronger. I bet he's at least probably 15 pounds heavier and stronger than he was in 2007. He feels healthy.''
You know, this would be one thing if the quotes were coming from Mavs training camp and were being issued by Carlisle and were being delivered with some spin ... But this is Coach K, this is Team USA and this is in preparation for the Worlds.
So it's OK to be a little excited by it.

pretty funny.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #2472
SMC0007
Guru

Tyson Chandler is going to be such a huge upgrade from Damp, there shouldn't be any question about that. Mark that down in your pipe and smoke it!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #2473
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Ford/West would be good on this team only if it forced Terry out of the playoff rotation. At some point in the playoffs our rotation (ideally) would shrink to about 7-8 players, and there is no use in the rotation being the starting 5, plus Roddy, Terry, AND West/Ford.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.

Last edited by bcrav4; 08-16-2010 at 12:22 PM.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #2474
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You've been a good member for awhile but your recent posts in this thread read a lot like the posts you made long ago before your huge freak out/quit from the board/name change.
Who did he used to be?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #2475
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DONUT 1: Rave reviews for Tyson Chandler of Team USA:
"Tyson has been outstanding,'' Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski said after Chandler played 14 minutes against France and totaled four points, three rebounds and one blocked shot. "He doesn't need the ball. He's stronger. I bet he's at least probably 15 pounds heavier and stronger than he was in 2007. He feels healthy.''
You know, this would be one thing if the quotes were coming from Mavs training camp and were being issued by Carlisle and were being delivered with some spin ... But this is Coach K, this is Team USA and this is in preparation for the Worlds.
So it's OK to be a little excited by it.

pretty funny.

It's nice hearing it from Chandler as well...

"I can play as much as they need me,'' said Chandler, traded from the Hornets to Charlotte in the summer of 2009 and from the Bobcats to the Mavericks last month. "In the last year, I was getting over injuries, coming off surgery. I'm going 100 percent now. I feel great ... The year in New Orleans, when we went to a seven-game series (in a West semifinal loss to San Antonio) was the last time I felt like this.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/15/t...-man-standing/

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-16-2010 at 12:49 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #2476
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I can't believe I missed out on all this fun the last couple of days.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #2477
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Well, I can't believe I missed out on all this fun the last couple of days.
You missed all the awesome bits that Jthig had to edit...

(now go accept that FF league invite I sent ya!)

Old 08-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #2478
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's nice hearing it from Chandler as well...

"I can play as much as they need me,'' said Chandler, traded from the Hornets to Charlotte in the summer of 2009 and from the Bobcats to the Mavericks last month. "In the last year, I was getting over injuries, coming off surgery. I'm going 100 percent now. I feel great ... The year in New Orleans, when we went to a seven-game series (in a West semifinal loss to San Antonio) was the last time I felt like this.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/15/t...-man-standing/
When you look at all those video links I posted of Tyson Chandler being able to catch a ball without fumbling it (contrary to Cadbane's belief), several of them came in that series against the Spurs...

If he's feeling like that again, then we have a lot to look forward to (especially considering that he's our BACKUP center!)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-16-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #2479
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You missed all the awesome bits that Jthig had to edit...

(now go accept that FF league invite I sent ya!)
Yeah but I can fill in the blanks in my head where the edits took place, which is much more fun in my opinion.

(I'll get right on the FF deal. I also need to make keeper selections in your other league. Decisions, decisions...)

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #2480
SMC0007
Guru

I don't wanna toot Chandlers horn too much before he has played a game for the MAVS but seeing what he has done recently and knowing he is healthy, I would be surprised if he doesn't wind up earning more minutes than Haywood. Who was apparently guaranteed a starting spot.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...