Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #2481
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Just a sample of what the pathetic jerk GSW fans are writing now:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
pathetic...
now, prepare dallas, you'll be killed as we are now tomorrow Evil or Very Mad
Old 04-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #2482
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Way to take pride in your work, retards.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/?cnn=yes

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-01-2008 at 11:25 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #2483
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Just a sample of what the pathetic jerk GSW fans are writing now:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
pathetic...
now, prepare dallas, you'll be killed as we are now tomorrow Evil or Very Mad

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #2484
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Go sacramento!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #2485
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Houston loses by 1 point. Last time they played Sacto they lucked out with a win on a Steve Novak buzzer beater. This time, not so lucky.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #2486
Triple T's

Triple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of light

i used to "kinda" like Carmelo ... now he's just trash. I seriously don't understand why he even walks to the defensive side of the court.

"I am a enforcer man! Don’t nothin go down in my house! It's 100 percent heart baby! Sure I jack a few fools. I give em tha pain! But sometimes its about intimidation you know, its mind games…."
-Terry Tate
Triple T's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #2487
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

JO playing against Boston, intriguing... he didn't look that sharp in the 1st quarter though... as expected
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #2488
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
JO playing against Boston, intriguing... he didn't look that sharp in the 1st quarter though... as expected
And the great agent zero playing for DC. He's already 4 of 5 with 2 threes in his first 5 minutes on the floor.
They didn't expect him to play tonight. I'm sure he got a huge ovation from the crowd.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #2489
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

nice shot by bibby
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #2490
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Did ya'll see how that Wiz game ended? Talk about the worst luck. They get Agent 0 back comes through in the clutch with two free throws and they lose Stevenson and Jamison to injury as well as the game. Crazy ending...
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #2491
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Elton Brand looks good in his return.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #2492
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Hollinger's updated playoff odds:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

3.3% of being champs! go mavs!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #2493
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball

I wonder why he likes Utah so much?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #2494
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well hell, let's just stop playing and give it to the Celtics.

Geez.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #2495
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I think Utah is a solid team with a fantastic coach, but those guys only have two less losses than the Mavs. I don't get why the Mavs are "certainly not contenders" while the Jazz are consistently listed with the Spurs/Suns/Lakers as the favorites.

I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that the Mavs' losses are very backloaded into this past month, but even still, the Jazz have 26 losses and have lost to the freaking T-Wolves multiple times this year.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #2496
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

"I wonder why he likes Utah so much?"

I think it's just that Utah statistically has the highest chance of hosting the first round, whereas any of the other top West teams could start out on the road.

Last edited by minkbarn; 04-03-2008 at 12:43 PM.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #2497
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Well hell, let's just stop playing and give it to the Celtics.

Geez.
Is that possible? I think it's a great idea.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #2498
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkbarn
"I wonder why he likes Utah so much?"

I think it's just that Utah statistically has the highest chance of hosting the first round, whereas any of the other top West teams could start out on the road.
??

Home Court Advantage depends on record..not seeding.

Utah was the 4th seed last year and Houston was 5th seed and Houston had the HCA.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #2499
minkbarn

Quote:
??

Home Court Advantage depends on record..not seeding.

Utah was the 4th seed last year and Houston was 5th seed and Houston had the HCA.

Oh. In that case statement withdrawn. Utah gets a higher percentage prophetic chance for a more sinister hidden reason which ESPN will not reveal.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #2500
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

i dont understand the Utah percentage either. especially since they suck on the road 16-22. they would most likely only have HCA for the first round.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #2501
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Houston loses by 1 point. Last time they played Sacto they lucked out with a win on a Steve Novak buzzer beater. This time, not so lucky.
It was an April Fools joke.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #2502
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Houston and Portland....worst Thursday night game ever, TNT. I am sorry, but this has no national appeal what so ever.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #2503
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Did they make the TNT schedule before or after Oden found out he had to get surgery?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #2504
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

This was probably originally thought to be a Yao vs. Oden showdown.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #2505
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Just like when they put Cleveland on pretty much every national game because they thought they were an actual finals contender last year when they really weren't.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #2506
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Portland has a severe bag.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #2507
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

what the hell just happened to the spurs? Utah gave them a beat down. I didn't watch the game, can anybody give me a recap?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #2508
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Jazz killed the Spurs on 2nd chance points and got some big rebounds. Frankly, I'm surprised the rebounding difference wasn't bigger after looking at the boxscore.

Ginobli, Finley, Oberto, Udoka, and Oberto were terrible tonight. Parker and Duncan had nice lines but the Jazz made them work for everything. Nothing came easy for those two tonight.

Kurt Thomas had a nice game and will help the Spurs against teams like the Jazz.

Pop mailed it in early too. Duncan with 26 minutes, Parker just a shade under 30, Finley with 20, Bowen with 24, and Ginobli just under 26.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #2509
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Houston and Portland....worst Thursday night game ever, TNT. I am sorry, but this has no national appeal what so ever.
Portland maybe not, but Houston does.

And Spurs only 9 points in the fourth. Earlier the season, they had only 5 points in a quarter.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #2510
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs are soft.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #2511
minkbarn

I guess that's why Utah is rated so highly. They have trouble with LA but if they end up in the other bracket, you never know...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #2512
minkbarn

The Celtics are resting their big 3 tonight against Charlotte.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #2513
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
the game was scheduled before yao, roy, and oden had injuries.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #2514
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Portland maybe not, but Houston does.
Houston has no national appeal. None. Zero.

They have immense international appeal when Yao is healthy, but as of now nobody outside of this state gives a damn about the Rockets. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #2515
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:

They have immense international appeal when Yao is healthy, but as of now nobody outside of this state gives a damn about the Rockets. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Houston does have a national appeal with the Rockets and large international appeal. T-Mac is a nationwide fan favorite and is #6 on jersey sales. What teams do you think are ahead of the Rockets on the national level?

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-05-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #2516
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

It ´s disturbing to watch the Celtics at work.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #2517
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don´t give a shit on that commi
Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #2518
minkbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
It ´s disturbing to watch the Celtics at work.
The Celtics won by 23 without Allen, Pierce, and Garnett. They just clinched homecourt, best record, first team to go from worst to first in a conference, and the all time best single season gain-in-wins.

Last edited by minkbarn; 04-05-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #2519
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The Kings are up against Denver at halftime. Good.

Bad for Denver, Good for Dallas.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #2520
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Houston does have a national appeal with the Rockets and large international appeal. T-Mac is a nationwide fan favorite and is #6 on jersey sales. What teams do you think are ahead of the Rockets on the national level?
The fact that T-Mac is a top 10 jersey seller doesn't mean that Houston has national appeal. AI has been in the top 15 for a decade. Are you telling me that the 76ers also had national appeal?

Very few teams have true national appeal, and Houston is certainly not one of them. I lived far, far away from Texas, in an NBA market, when the Rockets won their 2 titles, and nobody gave a damn. There were Bulls jerseys everywhere in the years surrounding those (and trust me, I lived nowhere near Chicago), but nary a Rockets jersey.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-05-2008 at 09:30 PM.