Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #2641
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...s-warp-2013-14

Quote:
9. Monta Ellis, Dallas Mavericks
Projected 2013-14 WARP: 4.8

Did you know that in his third NBA season, Ellis put up a .580 true shooting percentage while playing 3,073 minutes? Last season, he played 3,076 minutes, and his TS percentage was .493. If Rick Carlisle can somehow extract Ellis' youthful efficiency, the Mavericks will really have something.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #2642
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Training camp fodder is the only thing that makes sense... Although I do think he could have value on an NBA roster - just not ours.
Super Spare just wants a chance to reenact this during practices.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 08-02-2013 at 06:33 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #2643
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I had an awesome time in Houston that day. The game was being played in Dallas, but I watched it with the Houston fans in a bar, wearing my Dirk Nowitzki jersey. I really should have put some money where my mouth was since I was telling everyone how the Mavericks would win by 40, not truly believing it.

When I say everyone I mean everyone who was a basketball fan at Rice University, NASA, and the bars I visited.

Attached is a picture from that day of me looking across towards the Toyota Center.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v9to.jpg (48.7 KB, 47 views)
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #2644
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Because it's common?
Still doesn't make sense.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #2645
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
So assuming they are guaranteed, why bring in more bodies to camp (Amundson, Carmichael) if everyone is guaranteed?

Trades?
Probably just to have more guys so you can scrimmage harder. Even with 15 guaranteed contracts, if your 15th man looks like a turd and is getting worked by the other guys, it's probably not unheard of for him to get replaced. Honestly, I don't get the point of bringing a really old player like Mike James to training camp, since you already know exactly who he is as a player. Maybe they think he has potential as an assistant coach?

Personally, I'd bring in 4 or 5 younger prospects that might catch on with the Texas Legends. That way if you have roster space later on during the season for one reason or another, at least the organization has gotten an extended look at the guy (or you can think about signing him next summer). I'm sure the MBT has that sort of thing in mind already.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #2646
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Still doesn't make sense.
You need bodies to have proper practices and scrimmages. Are you wanting guys like Dirk, Marion and Carter and etc to go at it 100 percent the whole time?

They're guys that know what is going on and don't need as much time on the floor as the other to get integrated into the system and work live. They do need to work with the others, but they don't need as much time due to the wear and tear.

You need more bodies at that point.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #2647
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Trolling? He talked crap about Lebron after we beat the Heat in the Finals.

DeShawn Stevenson: Miami Heat Where I Wanna Go!!! Lebron Make it Happen Twitter @DSteve92JMarie
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #2648
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post

DeShawn Stevenson: Miami Heat Where I Wanna Go!!! Lebron Make it Happen Twitter @DSteve92JMarie
Watch it be to sabotage Miami

yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #2649
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Man what a sellout. Say it aint so
Old 08-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #2650
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Et tu, Deshawn? :/
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #2651
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #2652
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I wouldn't be shocked if it's a joke post from him after the Oden signing. They really do hate each other.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #2653
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly couldn't say for sure, but I'm inclined to think DeShawn is messing around.

(At the same time, I'm quite sure he would gladly play for the Heat, if offered.)

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #2654
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Past relationships get thrown out the window when you need a paycheck. Deshawn doesn't strike me as financially savvy. In fact he would be one of choices I'd pick as an answer to the question: which current NBA player will be broke in 5 years after retiring from basketball.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #2655
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Past relationships get thrown out the window when you need a paycheck. Deshawn doesn't strike me as financially savvy. In fact he would be one of choices I'd pick as an answer to the question: which current NBA player will be broke in 5 years after retiring from basketball.
Are there playoff shares like there is in MLB? That is what Deshawn might be after, he knows his days of a 3 year 10 million dollar deal is done.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #2656
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Stevenson just cleared waivers. Right now he has no contract and no paycheck. I'm sure he'd be interested in anyone about now.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #2657
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Stevenson just cleared waivers. Right now he has no contract and no paycheck. I'm sure he'd be interested in anyone about now.
The sad part is he got fatter and still hungover off a championship.

Last edited by yahyes; 08-05-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #2658
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Wolves re-signed Pekovic. 5yrs/$60M, with an additional $8M in potential bonuses. Stein was the first to report that I saw. Flip confirmed it.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #2659
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...a-jae-crowder/

Q+A: Jae Crowder
Talking uphill battles, guarding the NBA’s elite and all things Dirk.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:01 AM   #2660
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...a-jae-crowder/

Q+A: Jae Crowder
Talking uphill battles, guarding the NBA’s elite and all things Dirk.
What's it like to shoot .384 from the floor and .644 from the line and still be given minutes?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #2661
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
What's it like to shoot .384 from the floor and .644 from the line and still be given minutes?
You know he was a rookie last year, right? Nash is one of the most efficient players of all time and only averaged like 40-41% shooting his rookie season.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #2662
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who else was gonna play his minutes? He was damn good defender, especially for a rookie.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #2663
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You know he was a rookie last year, right? Nash is one of the most efficient players of all time and only averaged like 40-41% shooting his rookie season.
Nash shot 42% his rookie season, and shot a lousy 36% from the field in his first season with Dallas (3rd season of his career).

I definitely agree that shooting efficiency is something that can be improved over time - Crowder is only going to get better... And that's reason to have hope in Ellis too.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #2664
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Kante; 08-15-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #2665
spreedom
Diamond Member

Old 08-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #2666
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

dalembert looks incredibly happy
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #2667
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Any video or coverage from this afternoon.

And I have to admit that that pic of all the guys, actually makes me incredibly excited.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #2668
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/o...ser_highlights

looks like there is an official one up
Old 08-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #2669
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

They all look depressed. Not as bad as the Kaman/Aminu/Gordon on their conference with New Orleans....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #2670
yahyes
Banned

Most of them look serious except for Devin. It feels like Monta can be the voice of this squad. He speaks with a lot of confidence and a chip on his shoulder.

Last edited by yahyes; 08-15-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #2671
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Most of them look serious except for Devin.
Devin knows this team well. He was with us 4 years and with us to our first finals run. I think he's probably the most comfortable being back.

I hope he can get with the new guys and help show how great a culture we have.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #2672
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
dalembert looks incredibly happy
He better be in shape coming into camp. I can't see our defense having any chance of surviving if he doesn't bring it on that end of the floor.

But I am kinda excited for the season to start although I'm always excited for a new season.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #2673
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The Nash Crowder comparison is extremely poor. Nash Shot .418 from three and .824 from the line his rookie season. He also shot .459 from the field, .415 from three, and .860 from the the line in season #2.

Crowder plays decent defense. Is an extreme liability on offense, and doesn't seem to be much of a rebounder.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #2674
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

People call Crowder a decent defender because his offense is even worse. In reality he is a bad NBA defender and his offense is not on NBA level at all.

The only good thing about him is his cheap contract.

Last edited by markus1234; 08-16-2013 at 07:48 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #2675
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
People call Crowder a decent defender because his offense is even worse. In reality he is a bad NBA defender and his offense is not on NBA level at all.

The only good thing about him is his cheap contract.
I disagree. He's a high energy defender but made some rookie mistakes being a little too physical which often resulted in fouls. He's shown he's got the defender's mind it just needs to be refined. This season is extremely critical for him. If he's improved defensively and accepts he's not a 3 point shooter, he could be an extremely valuable role player. But if he hits the floor making the same mistakes as last year, his career in the NBA seeing anything other than garbage minutes will essentially be over.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #2676
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
The Nash Crowder comparison is extremely poor. Nash Shot .418 from three and .824 from the line his rookie season. He also shot .459 from the field, .415 from three, and .860 from the the line in season #2.

Crowder plays decent defense. Is an extreme liability on offense, and doesn't seem to be much of a rebounder.
You do know that I wasn't comparing them as players but just comparing early numbers, right? And your numbers from season 2 emphasize MY point.

Rookie seasons are a terrible place to evaluate talent, particularly on efficiency. Even Dirk-- who is a legend and HoFer only shot 40.5% his rookie season. Even Nash shot 36.3% (worst than Crowder) his first year in Dallas.

Would you have told me after Dirk's rookie season that he was terrible? Would you have traded Nash away for being inefficient?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-16-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #2677
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
They all look depressed. Not as bad as the Kaman/Aminu/Gordon on their conference with New Orleans....
This years Celtics presser takes the cake. [Humphries]

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #2678
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This years Celtics presser takes the cake. [Humphries]
Yup.

Edit...wow...sizing. Hold please.

Ok, slightly better size:

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-16-2013 at 11:16 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #2679
spreedom
Diamond Member

Bogans looks pretty grumpy there, considering he's getting about $5M more than any other team would offer him.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #2680
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

On the bright side, outside of his slightly ambiguous pronunciation of Dirk's first name, Monta's comments were completely non-cringe-worthy, and pretty much right on point for what you'd like to hear him say.

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm