Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #2641
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I find it disgusting how some poster on this board write about Dirk, after what he did just half a year ago. Can't image that Duncan has received that amount of critcism and doubt by Spurs fans over the past few years he has been steadily declining.
Dirk deserves better than that.
Actually it has been a lot worse, i often lurk spurstalk but there are plenty spurs fans that do talk down on him constantly and wishing they could void his contract.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #2642
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Talk about what have you done for me lately... the mind of a sports fan I guess. Just 6 measly months ago he was being touted as the best basketball player in the world.. now he's done?

After 15 years of Hall of Fame greatness he deserves more than 2 months of subpar play in a ridiculously scheduled condensed season to convince me that this is nothing more than a blip on the radar screen because of his knee and just the fact that he was completely burnt out when it comes to basketball.

When the bright lights shine, and we enter the months of April/May/June, I have no doubt that Dirk will be the best player on that court the majority of the time.

As Mavs fans we have got to rally around Dirk, not tear him down... sad display by some here, sickening really.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #2643
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Talk about what have you done for me lately... the mind of a sports fan I guess. Just 6 measly months ago he was being touted as the best basketball player in the world.. now he's done?

After 15 years of Hall of Fame greatness he deserves more than 2 months of subpar play in a ridiculously scheduled condensed season to convince me that this is nothing more than a blip on the radar screen because of his knee and just the fact that he was completely burnt out when it comes to basketball.

When the bright lights shine, and we enter the months of April/May/June, I have no doubt that Dirk will be the best player on that court the majority of the time.

As Mavs fans we have got to rally around Dirk, not tear him down... sad display by some here, sickening really.
Very well said. I still have all the faith in the world in Dirk. The man put this team on his back and carried us through 4 historic playoff series' on the way to the city's first championship. I don't understand how people can jump ship so quickly, after a mere 20 games.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #2644
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13 View Post
Very well said. I still have all the faith in the world in Dirk. The man put this team on his back and carried us through 4 historic playoff series' on the way to the city's first championship. I don't understand how people can jump ship so quickly, after a mere 20 games.
I think we all know his potential, but come on now, his performance thus far this year is just unacceptable. Fans will get restless when the best player on any team is not playing anywhere close to his potential. I personally cannot believe how bad he has been playing, but am I giving up on him? No, I'm a huuuuge fan of the man.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #2645
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

there is that word "unacceptable"...So cut him right? Or bench him for ??? Odom?? Wright?? Probably the only reason that we won games without him this year is because the basketball stinks all over. No one game plans anyone anymore. The OKC/Spurs game was the closest that I've seen a real game and even the OKC game was marred with horrific shooting and execution.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #2646
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Im pretty sure Dirks ASG streak will end.

Love, Griffin, LMA, thats three PF clearly above him right now. Millsap has a strong season, with Bynum,M.Gasol and Gortat three solid center that could be allstars...

Sucks that his streak probably end....Duncan got some undeserved ASG the past years but the competition is too strong.

And Z.Randolph injuried and Amare in the east and still a sick PF lineup in the west..
Dirk could still make it just because of his name and the coaches will vote him in just like Duncan 2009-11. But his play definitely hasn't been deserving of an AS spot, not over guys like Love and Millsap.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #2647
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

yeah he is great tonight

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #2648
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I know Dirk doesn't care, but I'm going to be really bummed out if he's not in the all-star game.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #2649
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I know Dirk doesn't care, but I'm going to be really bummed out if he's not in the all-star game.
all-star game it is only fun game so it isn't important.Dirk needs to rest in this time.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #2650
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
all-star game it is only fun game so it isn't important.Dirk needs to rest in this time.
As a Mavs fan, one of my favorite activities is arguing Dirk's place in NBA history. I need all the ammo he can give me to push him up the list of all time greats. Every point, rebound, all-star game, all-nba appearance helps.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #2651
DMOC

DMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of light

19 more points until tying Baylor ...
DMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #2652
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk sighting
Old 02-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #2653
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, saw it too.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #2654
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Kante and GermanDrunk? Huh?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #2655
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, he was on Sat.1 (German TV channel) in the pregame of the Superbowl. He was talking a few minutes, just catched the end where he talked about the Matchup. He is nominated for the World Sportsman of the year Award they said after that.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #2656
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

1. Dirk about his nomination as worlds best athlete in the Laureus World Sport Awards 2012

2. For the people who missed it or have no access to Sat.1 tv channel but want to take a look:

Sat. 1 Superbowl interview with Dirk Nowitzki - German

Short summary: Dirk describes what the Superbowl is about in America and what he likes about it. He 's asked about how you approach such big event as an professional athlete. He picks the Giants to win the game.
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #2657
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

NBA BIG clip with Dirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIAGHHGkXU
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #2658
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Dirk is back, bitches.

Last three games: 61.5% shooting, 26.3 ppg, 8 rpg
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #2659
fluid.forty.one

Dirk passed Adrian Dantley on the all time scoring list tonight... Robert Parish is next.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #2660
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk currently has the most career Offensive Win Shares of any active player (Kobe is #2).
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #2661
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

"Dirk is far from done." - Jason Kidd on Tuesday.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #2662
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dirk currently has the most career Offensive Win Shares of any active player (Kobe is #2).
Actually, he's having this position since the start of the season. Last season it was still Shaq amongst the active players. But even if not for Shaq's retirement, Dirk passed him like 3-4 games ago IIRC.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 02-09-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #2663
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
It is sad to say but Dirk really sucks in this season.We know he is the greatest Dallas Mavericks player ever and everybody appreciate it.He is the NBA champ and it is great.But it is past.Now we have 2011/2012 season and 43 games to go.Yes i know this team is deep and our guys are good players but the most important guy is number 41.I am so disappointed his condition.He is not ready for this season.When we won with PHX,NOH or DET we are so happy but when we paly with OKC,SAS,MIN this team have big problem!WHY?Because our problem is Dirk.When he plays bad rest of the team also.He needs the rest.And when he will be ready for 100% he should play.It is sad but it is true.So Mr.Carlisle please give him a break.If he won't be ready for the Playoffs time we end in first round like in 2007 and 2009
Good call, bro!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #2664
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Actually, he's having this position since the start of the season. Last season it was still Shaq amongst the active players. But even if not for Shaq's retirement, Dirk passed him like 3-4 games ago IIRC.
I didn't say he just now assumed #1...just stated a fact.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #2665
CadBane
Banned

Dirk's FG% is now back up to 47% (rounded up). He'll be back to his 48-51% of the past few years soon. 3pt% slowly rising...25%. ;]
Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #2666
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully Dirk continues to take ~5 threes per game.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #2667
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

welcome back Dirkster
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #2668
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #2669
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Dirk got selected for the european basketball player of the year for a 2nd time after 2005

http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_Tsu3W...leMode_on.html
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #2670
markus1234
Platinum Member

http://www.thumpernewman.com/nba_mvp.htm
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #2671
fluid.forty.one

Dirk is only 81 points away from passing Robert Parish and getting the #20 spot on the all-time scoring list.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #2672
markus1234
Platinum Member

...shows you how overrated Larry Bird is. His "supporting cast" was insane and made him that much better.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-15-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #2673
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
...shows you how overrated Larry Bird is. His "supporting cast" was insane and made him that much better.
Funny isn't it. Dirks sidekick just cracked the top 100.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #2674
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

To be fair, Bird had a huge part in those guys' success. He had the best supporting cast of all-time, but he made all of them better. Dirk does the same thing to a degree, with his presence, underrated passing, with his shooting, spacing the floor, we know how valuable it is, but Bird was a lot better at making others better, with his truly elite passing. People forget, he was like a 6'9 Steve Nash... with an all-time great post game! All hail to Dirk obviously, but Bird was not overrated.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 02-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #2675
markus1234
Platinum Member

Let Bird play with Diop&Damp, and then we will check his assist numbers.

Bird is an all time great, better than Dirk, but he was lucky as hell...If Dirk had Bird's teammates, he could have reached a whole new level and maybe catch up with good old Bird.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-15-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #2676
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Logical fallacy.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #2677
markus1234
Platinum Member

They created wide open shots for Bird and actually catched&scored the ball when he passed it to them. They made it that much easier for Bird to win 3 rings and get ton of assists.

That's logical. And that's why we try to sign a guy like Deron and Dwight.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-15-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #2678
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They created wide open shots for Bird and actually catched&scored the ball when he passed it to them. They made it that much easier for Bird to win 3 rings and get ton of assists.
The same could be said for EVERY great NBA player - Jordan was overrated because he had a good supporting cast, Shaq was overrated because he had a good supporting cast, Kobe was overrated because he had a good supporting cast, etc...

Maybe their supporting cast was better because of them?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #2679
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The same could be said for EVERY great NBA player - Jordan was overrated because he had a good supporting cast, Shaq was overrated because he had a good supporting cast, Kobe was overrated because he had a good supporting cast, etc...
Of course it could be said, but not for EVERY. And that's my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Maybe their supporting cast was better because of them?
Of course it was better, but it also made them better.

Dirk never had such a big luxury,

and he is not the only one. Think about Reggie Miller, Iverson, Barkley, Kidd, young David Robinson, young Patrick Ewing, Dwight Howard and so on...

Last edited by markus1234; 02-15-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #2680
CadBane
Banned

I wouldn't say Bird is "overrated". But I do think people forget to take into account supporting casts when comparing Dirk to Bird. Dirk has had a much better prime longevity than Bird, but Bird had a better prime peak.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer