Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #2681
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i actually think this is going to break PERFECT for utah. they will get houston who they own in the first round with homecourt. they get new orleans whom they are the only team that matches up well with. then they get whoever is left out of the rest.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #2682
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
That's good stuff in theory.

I still think that Dallas/NOH game might throw your theory off. I don't know if Avery will play Dirk in that game.

I don't know if the Lakers can beat SA and NOH. They were good last night...but hey...it was the clippers.

We'll know soon.

I feel like we're doomed to play the Lakers though. ANd that sucks.
If ko'ach doesn't try to win a game to get NOK in the first round instead of the Lakeshow he really should be fired immediately.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #2683
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Stern doesn't "fix" the outcome of games, but I do think the refs have influence sometimes.

In the 2006 finals, the Mavs were a slightly better team than the Heat and the officials thus made a difference. If we were MUCH better than them, perhaps we would've won a title... but it's not fair to say that we shoulda scored 4-5 points in game 5 (82 games.com indicates poor officiating made a 5.5 point differential in that game that we lost by 1) instead of putting ourselves in a position to lose due to refs. Bottom line is we put ourselves in a position to win, but the referees put the Heat over the top.
people are still mad about losing to the heat? dwayne wade attacked the basket. when you attack the basket, you always draw fouls. how hard is that to understand?
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #2684
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
i actually think this is going to break PERFECT for utah. they will get houston who they own in the first round with homecourt. they get new orleans whom they are the only team that matches up well with. then they get whoever is left out of the rest.
assuming the rockets finish the season with a better record than the jazz, the rockets will have homecourt advantage, regardless of the jazz being the 4th seed.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #2685
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
people are still mad about losing to the heat? dwayne wade attacked the basket. when you attack the basket, you always draw fouls. how hard is that to understand?
And Devin Harris wasn't attacking the basket when he was getting clobbered by Zo?

And how many of those Wade "fouls" were on jumpshots? How hard is that to understand?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #2686
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Utah thumped Denver giving the Warriors another chance at 8th seed. Sacramento (of all teams) beat the Hornets.

It should be a good game between the Lakers and Spurs tomorrow though Lakers should beat the Spurs easily without Ginobli.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #2687
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Correct me if i'm wrong here. The Warriors and Nuggets are tied for that last seed in the West, but because of the Nuggets owning the tie breaker they still are the number 8 seed, right?

So really, this 8th seed is far from over.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 AM   #2688
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
Correct me if i'm wrong here. The Warriors and Nuggets are tied for that last seed in the West, but because of the Nuggets owning the tie breaker they still are the number 8 seed, right?

You are correct.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #2689
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004

It's interesting. They both have a free win left in their last game of the season with Memphis/Seattle.

So the Nuggets can basically clinch tomorrow if they beat Houston at home.

If they lose Golden State can clinch with a win on Monday at Phoenix, a team they always play well.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #2690
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The way Denver and Golden State play they will have a quick playoff exit anyway. Maybe a win or two, but without defense and disciple there is no way they can upset anybody.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #2691
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You really piss me off brah, there are tons of sites that show the 2006 finals were unfair, their are tons of fans (non mavs) that hate the mavs but still can admit that we were cheated, and there is even video of many of the phantom calls on youtube. How much more evidence do you need?!

Last edited by LSMF; 04-13-2008 at 01:27 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:28 AM   #2692
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
assuming the rockets finish the season with a better record than the jazz, the rockets will have homecourt advantage, regardless of the jazz being the 4th seed.
i dont think the rockets will finish with a better record. and about the 06 finals stuff, you realize wade only went to the basket a total of 6 times in game 6 right? he shot 18 off the ball or jump shooting fts which is just a joke considering what haslem and posey were allowed to do with dirk.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:17 AM   #2693
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Yes, the 2006 Finals were unfair. I don't think the league wanted Cuban to get a title. Game 3, Dallas could have won had Dirk made his last free throw. That didn't happen, but in Game 6, was flop-land. One that sticks is Dwayne making an open shot, lands, and trips over himself, but foul called on Terry. Another is Wade making an open floater with noone touching him, but a foul is called. Or Wade pushing Dirk, and Dirk is called for the foul.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-13-2008 at 05:21 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #2694
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
It's interesting. They both have a free win left in their last game of the season with Memphis/Seattle.

So the Nuggets can basically clinch tomorrow if they beat Houston at home.

If they lose Golden State can clinch with a win on Monday at Phoenix, a team they always play well.
I'm torn on this one. I want Golden State out of the playoffs, but I'm also holding out a glimmer of hope (although faint) that Houston can grab the #2 seed.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #2695
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I'm torn on this one. I want Golden State out of the playoffs, but I'm also holding out a glimmer of hope (although faint) that Houston can grab the #2 seed.
Man, how fantastic would that be? What a dream scenario for the Mavs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #2696
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Man, how fantastic would that be? What a dream scenario for the Mavs.
I guess that means we have to cheer for the Lake Show today? Yuck, but I'll do it for the greater good I guess.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #2697
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I guess that means we have to cheer for the Lake Show today? Yuck, but I'll do it for the greater good I guess.
I'm 100% rooting for them. I want the Lakers to stay in the 1 seed and stay the hell away from us.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #2698
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Yeah, I know I was wanting them to win for the #1 seed, but now I realize I have even more incentive to back the Lakers. It always makes feel unclean inside to do that. Oh well, at least at church today I can repent for my sins.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #2699
Five-ofan
Guru

the thing about that is id much rather play the lakers than the hornets and i think the hornets will grab 2 if they dont get 1.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #2700
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, give me the Hornets as my next choice to play if Houston doesn't happen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #2701
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Man, give me the Hornets as my next choice to play if Houston doesn't happen.
you really wanna matchup with the second best player in the nba that we have no answer for? and the best defensive big man in the nba?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #2702
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
you really wanna matchup with the second best player in the nba that we have no answer for? and the best defensive big man in the nba?
I think we'd probably have more of an answer for Paul than we do for Kobe. And who is the best defensive big man? Chandler?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #2703
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea i'm not sure what Byron Scott would do but with Chandler's length he's gonna cause problems from Dirk. I don't understand why the Hornets are so good myself but i've seen enough of them to know I want no part of Chris Paul or Kobe. We'll eventually have to see one of them I imagine to get to the Finals but i'd like to see them as late as possible. Chris Paul is a effin' beast. Probably the best point guard in basketball. Funny because this offseason I thought Daron Williams was better than him. A good point guard in his own right but Paul has stepped his game up on so many levels its ridiculous.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #2704
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'm liking the idea of the Lakers being #1 seed and facing the Hornets, Rockets, or Spurs in the 1st round.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #2705
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I am much, much more afraid of Kobe and his rep in the playoffs than I am Chris Paul.

Chris Paul is amazing player, for sure. But Kobe Bryant is much more likely to beat the Mavs by himself than Paul, imo.

And Chandler can't guard Dirk, so I couldn't care less about his defensive prowess.

The Hornets have not been the same team in the second half of the season. I would much rather play them than the Lakers, Spurs or Jazz.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #2706
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Well, our wish might be coming true. The Lakers are up 10 right now on the Spurs near the beginning of the 4th.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #2707
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers by 16.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #2708
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I am much, much more afraid of Kobe and his rep in the playoffs than I am Chris Paul.

Chris Paul is amazing player, for sure. But Kobe Bryant is much more likely to beat the Mavs by himself than Paul, imo.

And Chandler can't guard Dirk, so I couldn't care less about his defensive prowess.

The Hornets have not been the same team in the second half of the season. I would much rather play them than the Lakers, Spurs or Jazz.
I pretty much agree with this. Chris Paul is a fantastic player. He will give JKidd and the Mavs fits. He can easily put up 25pts++, 15assists++ per game. He will definitely be a tough match up. But the Hornets haven't been playing as well as of late.

However, that being said, Kobe is Kobe. He can score at will and knowing how he plays against the Mavs, he can drop 50pts++ a game against them. Plus, his "superstar" and "MVP" status will truly be tough to overcome in the playoffs. He will always get the calls in almost every single play.

So given a choice between the Hornets or the Lakers, I think I'd prefer to have the Hornets in the first round.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #2709
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

again the spurs cant score
Old 04-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #2710
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No manu, no spurts. I don't know how hurt he is, but if he's not ready for the first round they are done no matter who they play.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #2711
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

There isn't a way that Houston can play Dallas (by Houston ending up as the number two seed, and Dallas remaining in seventh). If the Rockets/Lakers/Hornets win out, the Rockets would be #1 seed. If Rockets/Lakers win out, and the Hornets lose to the Mavericks (hoping the Mavs can pull it off), the Rockets become the number 1 seed. The only way I think the Rockets can become the number two seed is if the Hornets win out, and Lakers lose one along the way (Rockets would have to win out, too).

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-13-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #2712
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
I don’t know why people keep saying that [the Rockets are the team everyone wants to play in the first round]. They won 22 in a row. They’ve won 19 of the last 20 at home. They’re a good team. No matter what names are on the jerseys, or accomplishments they have collectively, they’re smart, they play hard, and they’re winners… It’s a simple formula. It’s good to see. It’s good for basketball.
~ Raja "Flopping" Bell after the Rockets beat the Suns 101-90 (4/11/08).
I'll answer raja, because they are led by the worlds biggest playoff choke artist. With some REAL credntials at choking. He's choked all kinds of ways. So folks are just playing the percentages.

Water seeks it's own level you know.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #2713
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

How does McGrady choke? He has the highest difference in points among any other NBA player during the playoffs (goes up by almost seven points over the regular season). It wasn't McGrady, but the team around him.

Quote:
The active player with the largest career increase from regular season scoring average to postseason scoring average (min. 20 playoff games) is Tracy McGrady. He averages 22.4 points per game in the regular season and 28.8 ppg in the postseason (+6.4 ppg). The irony is that McGrady has never advanced past the first round of the postseason. He has tried with the Raptors (0-1), Magic (0-3) and Rockets (0-2).
This year should (hopefully) be different and he finally advances to the second round.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-13-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #2714
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

I haven't given up on TMac, I just think it's funny that he announced "It's great to be in the second round" 5 years ago and today, 1,500 plus days later he's still waiting to get there.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #2715
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
How does McGrady choke? He has the highest difference in points among any other NBA player during the playoffs (goes up by almost seven points over the regular season). It wasn't McGrady, but the team around him.

This year should (hopefully) be different and he finally advances to the second round.
Just because he puts up points or numbers doesn't mean he isn't choking. He has to figure out a way to get his team to win. KG is a loser too. Both players will put up crazy stats, but still lose.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #2716
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]The active player with the largest career increase from regular season scoring average to postseason scoring average (min. 20 playoff games) is Tracy McGrady. He averages 22.4 points per game in the regular season and 28.8 ppg in the postseason (+6.4 ppg). The irony is that McGrady has never advanced past the first round of the postseason. He has tried with the Raptors (0-1), Magic (0-3) and Rockets (0-2).[/img]

It's easy to have inflated stats when you haven't played as many games.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #2717
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dirkadirkastan]
Quote:
The active player with the largest career increase from regular season scoring average to postseason scoring average (min. 20 playoff games) is Tracy McGrady. He averages 22.4 points per game in the regular season and 28.8 ppg in the postseason (+6.4 ppg). The irony is that McGrady has never advanced past the first round of the postseason. He has tried with the Raptors (0-1), Magic (0-3) and Rockets (0-2).[/img]

It's easy to have inflated stats when you haven't played as many games.
He's played in 32 playoff game so it's not a case of getting hot in a short series.

Plus, he's never gone onto the playoffs as higher than a 4th seed so more often not he's playing against a more talented team and he's the focal point of the defense. 29ppg is pretty salty.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-13-2008 at 08:42 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #2718
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
Just because he puts up points or numbers doesn't mean he isn't choking. He has to figure out a way to get his team to win. KG is a loser too. Both players will put up crazy stats, but still lose.
Read the post above my own.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #2719
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
No manu, no spurts. I don't know how hurt he is, but if he's not ready for the first round they are done no matter who they play.
He's listed as questionable against the Kings tomorrow night. He worked out before todays game with no trouble but Pop wanted to hold him out another game to be safe. It wouldn't surprise me to see him not play against the Kings and then get some minutes in against Utah on Wednesday.

Barry is expected to play against Utah but it doesn't look like Horry will be ready for the 1st round of the playoffs according to Pop.

Houston had a chance to keep the Spurs away from HCA but went and lost to Denver tonight. Dumb not taking advantage there.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #2720
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
He's listed as questionable against the Kings tomorrow night. He worked out before todays game with no trouble but Pop wanted to hold him out another game to be safe. It wouldn't surprise me to see him not play against the Kings and then get some minutes in against Utah on Wednesday.

Barry is expected to play against Utah but it doesn't look like Horry will be ready for the 1st round of the playoffs according to Pop.

Houston had a chance to keep the Spurs away from HCA but went and lost to Denver tonight. Dumb not taking advantage there.
Personally, I think Horry is done. I'd be suprised to see him play any more this year (or ever). Barry, on the other hand, I do expect to see play against Utah, at least a few minutes. I think Ginobili will not play, outside of a few minutes, until the first round. Pop knows that we go nowhere without him, and is being overly cautious. Ginobili told Coach that he was ready to play yesterday, but Pop vetoed him.

Crappy second half yesterday. We couldn't buy a freakin' basket. Of course, it had to be against the Lakers, and on national TV, no less.
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote