Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #2721
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Where do i start...

Crawford like Terry a pure scorer. Beside this he delivers nothing.

Career 40.9, thats beyond horrible. Last year 44.9, the first time in 8 years he crossed the 41.6% mark. He is a taller but even less effective Jason Terry that maybe play slightly better defense than Terry (but still horrible one).

With Atlanta he found the perfect place for him, first time making the playoffs. That he gonna blow up now to squeeze out the maximum bucks for him. He is looking for 4 years 35-40 million. Even if we trade him for Terry or trash Cuban wont give him an extension before the end of the season.

So what will happen if you add such a chucker like Crawford that is in his contract year looking for his last big contract? He will play the way it helps the team most? Hell no. He will play the way he and his stats look good. Will he accept less minutes with Roddy (and maybe even Jones) showing they are ready for more minutes? Hell no, he will cry because he see his stats and $$$ floating away.

And Jason Terry is at least an important locker room guy. I dont change that to add a sore loser like Crawford for a marginal upgrade. Ah and Crawfords playoff FGA% in 11 games: 36%.

Roddy is a bigger key to success than Crawford because we need efficient scoring, guys that are able to go to the line and not getting destroyed at defense (you can even count Jones into this). Crawford is a 6-5 Terry/Barea, no thank you.
Ok where do I start. Crawford besides scoring can provide ballhandling, passing and good defense on PG's.

9-10 million a year isn't that bad for a SG of his caliber. He's a guy who can break down defenses and hit clutch shots. He'd take a load of pressure of Dirk in the clutch, and he'd help Kidd in the backcourt since he's a great ballhandler. Yes, he has a poor career average but that has to do with the fact he wasn't on a winning team till last season.

And I find it funny, the way you seem to characterize Crawford. Almost like he's a selfish player. Please tell me what he has done for you to characterize him in such a way. I still remember many Knick fans that were very upset when he was traded. Just because they loved his game and his attitude. Same thing in GS. He was only there for a short time and already was loved by the fans there. And he's blended right in with them in ATL. He gets along with teammates and is loved by the fans there. Crawford is a good player with a good attitude, so please don't play that card.

Has Roddy proven that he can get to the line efficiently? Yes, he's shown some great flashes. And I want him to succeed, but I do think we should make other moves as well. That is all I'm saying. Depending on a 2nd year player and a rookie completely is just not wise imho. And how many times have I heard "if only Barea/Jet was a little taller they'd be great"? So if Crawford is the taller version of them then he'd be a good addition.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 02:11 AM   #2722
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Maybe a bit early to put too many eggs in the Roddy basket. I have been high on the guy since he got here, but it seems like a lot of folks are quite possibly setting themselves up for a let down with how high they are already raising him.
I've never heard of a Mavs fan who set themselves up for disappointment...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #2723
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Ok where do I start. Crawford besides scoring can provide ballhandling, passing and good defense on PG's.
I really dont get why u think that Crawford plays good defense? I really really dont get it.

Ballhandling? Passing?
Career assist/TO: 4.0/2.1 Terry 4.8/2.1

Quote:
9-10 million a year isn't that bad for a SG of his caliber. He's a guy who can break down defenses and hit clutch shots. He'd take a load of pressure of Dirk in the clutch, and he'd help Kidd in the backcourt since he's a great ballhandler. Yes, he has a poor career average but that has to do with the fact he wasn't on a winning team till last season.
Last year 4 FTA, career 3.4 FTA. Clutch? Is this the Kobe syndrom? The guy takes a lot of bad bad chots in crunchtime, guess you just saw the few he hit...

And i dont get why his "poor" teams are the excuse for his average. There are a lot of guards that played almost their whole career on bad teams and didnt average 40.9...

Quote:
And I find it funny, the way you seem to characterize Crawford. Almost like he's a selfish player. Please tell me what he has done for you to characterize him in such a way. I still remember many Knick fans that were very upset when he was traded. Just because they loved his game and his attitude. Same thing in GS. He was only there for a short time and already was loved by the fans there. And he's blended right in with them in ATL. He gets along with teammates and is loved by the fans there. Crawford is a good player with a good attitude, so please don't play that card.
First time in his career playoffs and yet he will force his way out for a few million more. Crawford is known his entire career for a bad shot selection + bad percentage. Thats typical for either selfish or dumb players.

Quote:
Has Roddy proven that he can get to the line efficiently? Yes, he's shown some great flashes. And I want him to succeed, but I do think we should make other moves as well. That is all I'm saying. Depending on a 2nd year player and a rookie completely is just not wise imho. And how many times have I heard "if only Barea/Jet was a little taller they'd be great"? So if Crawford is the taller version of them then he'd be a good addition.
Roddy just had a rookie 50/40/80 record and an absolute sick true shooting percentage of 60-something. So there is hope that he can keep this in high numbers with 20-25min and thats what the Mavs have to look and see next season (and to hope for).

Crawford is barely an upgrade to Terry. A career chucker in his contract year, leaving his first playoff teams because if money.

No, i dont trade Terry for him. Crawford isnt the key to bigger success. I dont screw with team chemistry for such an "upgrade".

Last edited by sefant77; 08-29-2010 at 09:40 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #2724
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Roddy has to prove he can even play pg substantially before we fish for another 2. Roddy can play the 2 just fine...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #2725
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Schedule B2B games.

Of course Lakers again 6-8 more b2b games is way too much and extrem. Blazers maybe playing with the Suns or Thunder for the #8 spot and one team with 5-6 b2b games more during the season, thats easily 1-2 wins less.

Biggest joke still Lakers 15 b2b and Clippers 22...
Old 08-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #2726
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

[QUOTE=sefant77;1113174]I really dont get why u think that Crawford plays good defense? I really really dont get it.

you write about Crawford defense.Crawford and Terry this both players aren't good defenders.Terry has 33 years Crawford has 30 years.In last season Crawford had 18 PPG Terry had 16 PPG.Crawford is very good 3-point shooter he had 38% Terry 36%.Terry FG%43 Crawford FG%44.We must trade Jason Terry. I never was his big fan.For me Crawford is better player.I want him.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #2727
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I still think Roddy has to prove he can even play pg substantially before we fish for another 2. Roddy can play the 2 just fine...
Butler, Terry, Roddy, Jones for 48min. Worst case even Stevenson if he may find his three back. Thats absolutly enough and we dont need marginal upgrades like Smith or Crawford that would screw the team chemistry.

If we trade there it has to be allstar quality (Iggy etc).
Old 08-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #2728
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Why Tyson sat on the bench in all match vs.Slovenia.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #2729
Scaramanga

Scaramanga is on a distinguished road

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...6944/game.html

Ian vs. Lebanon : 14 pts / 9 rbds
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #2730
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
good work Ian!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #2731
41mvp
Golden Member

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/389043...s-player_news/

it's very sad news!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #2732
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Dominique Jones on friends in the NBA

Quote:
"The only friends I want are the ones on the Mavs"
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/multime...010_08_27.html
Watch the video. Don't know if he is humble or cocky...but I am loving the way he is handling the off season.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #2733
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Crawford is better than Terry as a basketball player, but once you factor in the chemistry and leadership that JET has with this team, its clear Terry is the better fit for the team.

JR Smith is just awful and worse than both of those guys.

edit: Not surprisingly, all three show up on this Sporcle quiz.

Last edited by tcat075; 08-29-2010 at 07:25 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #2734
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
NJ does have a lot of young talent, but don't see Nets giving up Lopez-and that may be who the Nuggets would focus on. Harris won't be traded, I assume-esp. since he lobbied for Avery to get the coaching job.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #2735
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If we could trade a long-term contract or him that we maybe don't want anymore (Terry or Marion) I'd be all for it for the salary savings alone. Crawford might be below-average in terms of offensive efficiency, but that's to be expected for someone who's going to be your 6th or 7th man. I definitely wouldn't give him an extension immediately upon trading for him (I'd be willing to give him a couple of years at about $6-8M per if his first season here was a success) but I don't think you say "no way under any circumstances" to a guy that can get it going like Crawford.

And I don't even really like him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #2736
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
If we could trade a long-term contract or him that we maybe don't want anymore (Terry or Marion) I'd be all for it for the salary savings alone. Crawford might be below-average in terms of offensive efficiency, but that's to be expected for someone who's going to be your 6th or 7th man. I definitely wouldn't give him an extension immediately upon trading for him (I'd be willing to give him a couple of years at about $6-8M per if his first season here was a success) but I don't think you say "no way under any circumstances" to a guy that can get it going like Crawford.

And I don't even really like him.
You want trade Marion NO WAY!!!Terry is perfect guy to trade!!!Terry for Crawford this is my wish

Old 08-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #2737
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Based on last season alone, you'd have to say Crawford is better than Terry. But again, we don't know if last year is just an aberration of poorer performance from Terry, or if he is on a permanent decline due to age. It could very well be either. The guy was kick-ass (in the regular season) and won 6th Man a mere 2 years ago, so I'm going to give him this season to see which it is.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #2738
41mvp
Golden Member

In 2009-2010 season. Jet play well in regular season but he play terrible in playoffs.We lose playoffs we were second team in the west and we lose.Everybody know how Jason Terry played in Playoffs and everybody know how played Crawford with Atlanta in playoffs time.
Who is better?Answer is easy Crawford.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #2739
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In 2009-2010 season. Jet play well in regular season but he play terrible in playoffs.We lose playoffs we were second team in the west and we lose.Everybody know how Jason Terry played in Playoffs and everybody know how played Crawford with Atlanta in playoffs time.
Who is better?Answer is easy Crawford.
No. The answer is not easy.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #2740
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Jet isn't gonna get any better than he is now. I would make that trade immediately, I don't understand why you wouldn't. He is on the decline and has been a pretty streaky shooter for a while now. He can't dribble and penetrate like Crawford but he has a big heart. The only thing I would worry about with Crawford is he would want every last second shot and Dirk might not even get a touch if he had the ball in his hands.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #2741
LonghornDub

Quote:
Jet isn't gonna get any better than he is now. I would make that trade immediately, I don't understand why you wouldn't. He is on the decline and has been a pretty streaky shooter for a while now. He can't dribble and penetrate like Crawford but he has a big heart. The only thing I would worry about with Crawford is he would want every last second shot and Dirk might not even get a touch if he had the ball in his hands.
Probably the best regular season of his career was 2 seasons ago, so I find it puzzling that he's apparently been on the decline for "awhile now."

And again, that's the entire issue. Maybe he's on the decline, or maybe he had a bad season. It happens. In fact, it happens all the time.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #2742
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
No. The answer is not easy.
Jason doesn't deserve on second chances.All stats say Crawford is better player.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #2743
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Probably the best regular season of his career was 2 seasons ago, so I find it puzzling that he's apparently been on the decline for "awhile now."

And again, that's the entire issue. Maybe he's on the decline, or maybe he had a bad season. It happens. In fact, it happens all the time.

It was not "his best regular season of his career". Unless you are only talking about as a Maverick then it's puzzling why you would say in his career.

Wether or not he is on the decline isn't the entire issue imo. I'm more concerned with what he can and can't do at this point in his career, which is penetrate and drive the ball.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #2744
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Jason doesn't deserve on second chances.All stats say Crawford is better player.
ever heard that stats aren't everything?

I haven't been happy with Jet's performance the last couple post-seasons, so don't take this the wrong way:

SAY NO TO CRAWFORD

at least Jet knows how to stay within the offense, and he TYPICALLY doesn't become a black hole. Crawford is OVERRATED!!! Horrible percent shooter, takes too many shots, EXTREMELY undisciplined, and very selfish. I want Crawford on the Mavs about as much as I want the black plague...

i'm obviously slightly exaggerating, but you get my point. Jet needs to step it up, and he may not. But this shot-chucker known as Crawford is not the answer to our problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #2745
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Terry last year:
2009-10 DAL 77 33:00 5.9 13.5 43.8 1.8 4.8 36.5 3.0 3.5 86.6 0.3 1.6 1.8 3.8 1.4 1.2 0.2 1.8 16.6

Crawford last year:
2009-10 ATL 79 31:06 6.3 14.0 44.9 2.1 5.4 38.2 3.4 4.0 85.7 0.4 2.1 2.5 3.0 1.7 0.8 0.2 1.7 18.0

So Crawford in his career year (FG-% 3-4% above his career average) was just slightly better in some categories than the declining Terry. And noticing that this defense is DAMN close to Terrys (bad to non exixtent).

We all know Terry sucked in the playoffs, so lets check Crawford what Crawford did in his career year and the 11 playoff games: 36% FG

And then lets look career numbers, the last 6 years:
2004-05 DAL 80 30:00 4.7 9.3 50.1 1.3 3.1 42.0 1.8 2.2 84.4 0.5 1.9 2.4 5.4 1.8 1.4 0.2 2.2 12.4
2005-06 DAL 80 35:00 6.5 13.7 47.0 2.1 5.2 41.1 2.1 2.6 80.0 0.4 1.6 2.0 3.8 1.7 1.3 0.3 2.5 17.1
2006-07 DAL 81 35:06 6.4 13.1 48.4 2.0 4.6 43.8 2.0 2.5 80.4 0.5 2.4 2.9 5.2 1.9 1.0 0.2 2.1 16.7
2007-08 DAL 82 31:23 5.7 12.3 46.7 1.7 4.4 37.5 2.3 2.7 85.7 0.4 2.2 2.5 3.2 1.1 1.1 0.2 2.1 15.5
2008-09 DAL 74 33:42 7.3 15.8 46.3 2.3 6.2 36.6 2.7 3.0 88.0 0.5 1.9 2.4 3.4 1.6 1.3 0.3 1.9 19.6
2009-10 DAL 77 33:00 5.9 13.5 43.8 1.8 4.8 36.5 3.0 3.5 86.6 0.3 1.6 1.8 3.8 1.4 1.2 0.2 1.8 16.6

Crawford:
2005-06 NY 79 32:17 4.6 11.1 41.6 1.3 3.7 34.5 3.7 4.5 82.6 0.5 2.7 3.1 3.8 2.2 1.1 0.2 1.9 14.3
2006-07 NY 59 37:17 6.0 15.0 40.0 1.8 5.5 32.0 3.9 4.6 83.8 0.8 2.5 3.2 4.4 2.8 1.0 0.1 1.9 17.6
2007-08 NY 80 39:53 7.1 17.4 41.0 2.2 6.2 35.6 4.1 4.8 86.4 0.5 2.1 2.6 5.0 2.4 1.0 0.2 1.8 20.6
2008-09 NY 11 35:36 6.6 15.4 43.2 3.2 7.0 45.5 3.2 4.2 76.1 0.2 1.4 1.6 4.4 2.4 0.8 0.0 1.2 19.6
2008-09 GS 54 38:36 6.4 15.8 40.6 2.0 5.9 33.8 4.9 5.5 88.9 0.4 2.9 3.3 4.4 2.3 0.9 0.2 1.5 19.7
2009-10 ATL 79 31:06 6.3 14.0 44.9 2.1 5.4 38.2 3.4 4.0 85.7 0.4 2.1 2.5 3.0 1.7 0.8 0.2 1.7 18.0

So whats the chances Crawford is significant better than the declining Terry? Removing Terry from the locker room for a guy maybe forcing his way out of a team due to money (contract year).
Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #2746
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Terry last year:

Crawford last year:

So Crawford in his career year (FG-% 3-4% above his career average) was just slightly better in some categories than the declining Terry. And noticing that this defense is DAMN close to Terrys (bad to non exixtent).

We all know Terry sucked in the playoffs, so lets check Crawford what Crawford did in his career year and the 11 playoff games: 36% FG

And then lets look career numbers, the last 6 years:
2004-05 DAL 80 30:00 4.7 9.3 50.1 1.3 3.1 42.0 1.8 2.2 84.4 0.5 1.9 2.4 5.4 1.8 1.4 0.2 2.2 12.4
2005-06 DAL 80 35:00 6.5 13.7 47.0 2.1 5.2 41.1 2.1 2.6 80.0 0.4 1.6 2.0 3.8 1.7 1.3 0.3 2.5 17.1
2006-07 DAL 81 35:06 6.4 13.1 48.4 2.0 4.6 43.8 2.0 2.5 80.4 0.5 2.4 2.9 5.2 1.9 1.0 0.2 2.1 16.7
2007-08 DAL 82 31:23 5.7 12.3 46.7 1.7 4.4 37.5 2.3 2.7 85.7 0.4 2.2 2.5 3.2 1.1 1.1 0.2 2.1 15.5
2008-09 DAL 74 33:42 7.3 15.8 46.3 2.3 6.2 36.6 2.7 3.0 88.0 0.5 1.9 2.4 3.4 1.6 1.3 0.3 1.9 19.6

Crawford:
2005-06 NY 79 32:17 4.6 11.1 41.6 1.3 3.7 34.5 3.7 4.5 82.6 0.5 2.7 3.1 3.8 2.2 1.1 0.2 1.9 14.3
2006-07 NY 59 37:17 6.0 15.0 40.0 1.8 5.5 32.0 3.9 4.6 83.8 0.8 2.5 3.2 4.4 2.8 1.0 0.1 1.9 17.6
2007-08 NY 80 39:53 7.1 17.4 41.0 2.2 6.2 35.6 4.1 4.8 86.4 0.5 2.1 2.6 5.0 2.4 1.0 0.2 1.8 20.6
2008-09 NY 11 35:36 6.6 15.4 43.2 3.2 7.0 45.5 3.2 4.2 76.1 0.2 1.4 1.6 4.4 2.4 0.8 0.0 1.2 19.6
2008-09 GS 54 38:36 6.4 15.8 40.6 2.0 5.9 33.8 4.9 5.5 88.9 0.4 2.9 3.3 4.4 2.3 0.9 0.2 1.5 19.7

So whats the chances Crawford is significant better than the declining Terry? Removing Terry from the locker room for a guy maybe forcing his way out of a team due to money (contract year).
To directly answer your question, the chances aren't very likely that he is overall 'significantly' better and the locker room may or may not be worse if that move was made. I think Jet has seen his best days and Crawford is a lil younger and bigger.

No one in their right mind is saying that Crawford is the answer but, we sure could use the things Crawford does well tho. Especially for the dribble penetration and ability to knock down some clutch shots. The move just isn't going to happen, but if somehow ATL wanted to, I make that move.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #2747
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
ever heard that stats aren't everything?

I haven't been happy with Jet's performance the last couple post-seasons, so don't take this the wrong way:

SAY NO TO CRAWFORD

at least Jet knows how to stay within the offense, and he TYPICALLY doesn't become a black hole. Crawford is OVERRATED!!! Horrible percent shooter, takes too many shots, EXTREMELY undisciplined, and very selfish. I want Crawford on the Mavs about as much as I want the black plague...

i'm obviously slightly exaggerating, but you get my point. Jet needs to step it up, and he may not. But this shot-chucker known as Crawford is not the answer to our problems.
You write Jason isn't black hole.You saw how he played in playoffs again San Antonio you saw that You write Jason isn't black hole.You saw how he played in playoffs again San Antonio.You saw this.
You write Crawford takes to many shot.This is Jason Tery stats playoffs game 6 FGM-A 1 - 7 3PM-A 0-2 TO 2.So who takes to many shoot.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:38 AM   #2748
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Tiago Splitter looks like a douche. The End.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #2749
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Jet has seen his best days and Crawford is a lil younger and bigger.
I don't think "younger" really comes into play when there's only a two-and-a-half year difference in age...

Plus, check the stats and tell me whose game is in a sharper decline:

Terry
07-08: 31.5 MPG / 15.5 PPG / 3.2 APG
08-09: 33.7 MPG / 19.6 PPG / 3.4 APG
09-10: 33.0 MPG / 16.6 PPG / 3.8 APG

Crawford
07-08: 39.9 MPG / 20.6 PPG / 5.0 APG
08-09: 37.1 MPG / 19.7 PPG / 4.4 APG
09-10: 31.1 MPG / 18.0 PPG / 3.0 APG

Sure, Crawford has size, but it hasn't really translated into better defense on the court than what JET gives us... At best, we'd be making a lateral trade just for the sake of shaking things up... At worst, we'd be replacing the black hole that was once Josh Howard with another black hole in Jamal Crawford... No thanks.

I'll take my chances with trying to land a bigger name around the trade deadline - Crawford isn't putting this team over the top, so why waste assets on him?

Last edited by Underdog; 08-31-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #2750
41mvp
Golden Member

Jet and Crafword this both guys aren't good defender players.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #2751
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't think "younger" really comes into play when there's only a two-and-a-half year difference in age...

Terry

Crawford

Sure, Crawford has size, but it hasn't really translated into better defense on the court than what JET gives us... At best, we'd be making a lateral trade just for the sake of shaking things up... At worst, we'd be replacing the black hole that was once Josh Howard with another black hole in Jamal Crawford... No thanks.

I'll take my chances with trying to land a bigger name around the trade deadline - Crawford isn't putting this team over the top, so why waste assets on him?
you hit the nail on the head UD. At best I think this would be a lateral trade, until you consider Jet's locker room presence and the fact that he is a fan favorite. Jet understands how to play within the offense, and he doesn't have an ego issue that will cause problems.

In my opinion, we should get rid of Jet, but only if we can improve our team. Jamaal Crawford doesn't improve this team, in my humble opinion. No point in making a trade just to say you made a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #2752
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

This argument has gone retarded/annoying...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #2753
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
This argument has gone retarded/annoying...
At least it's a better conversation than DoJo's tattoo!

Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #2754
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It died out quickly.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #2755
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Terry

Crawford

Well for one his minutes have gone down so you should probably expect his number to drop which they did, slightly.

Hey I understand... he isn't going to put ANY team over the top. He isn't that much of an upgrade overall. I just hope that you and a couple others can understand especially after I have typed it a few times now. There are a few things that he can do better, which just so happens to be in the very department we are lacking. I don't think it's a lateral move, because their game isn't exactly the same.
I never once said he is an answer, just simply that I personally would make that move. I don't really know how big of an asset JET is. He provided us little in the playoffs and if he is in a slump shooting the ball at that very time he is worth less than JJB or Stevenson.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #2756
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:

pleas no!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #2757
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

For me Terry is not better player Crawford has chance anyway not so Terry.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #2758
SMC0007
Guru

who else see da leprachaun say yeay!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #2759
Underdog

Quote:
I don't really know how big of an asset JET is.
Crawford expires this year, which means we can't turn around and trade him to any teams seeking financial relief - his only value is as a player.

Terry expires next year and can be bought-out for less than he's owed - that makes him an asset beyond his abilities as a player...

You only do this trade if you think Crawford can put you over the top, otherwise JET is much more valuable as a $10mil trade chip (especially next summer...)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-31-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #2760
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Crawford expires this year, which means we can't turn around and trade him to any teams seeking financial relief - his only value is as a player.

Terry expires next year and can be bought-out for less than he's owed - that makes him an asset beyond his abilities as a player...

You only do this trade if you think Crawford can put you over the top, otherwise JET is much more valuable as a $10mil trade chip (especially next summer...)
doesnt that entail RC limiting his minutes to 18 per game or something?
no way that happens.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...