Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #241
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Seriously. We'll probably lose like 6-0 in the night cap.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #242
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Salty getting into the groove a bit.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #243
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

30 to 3 now.

Last edited by Dirkgreatness; 08-22-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #244
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm.... wow

edit: According to the AP recap, it has been 110 years since a team scored 30 runs. The Chicago Cubs scored 36 in 1897.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-22-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #245
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Modern day runs in a game record now belongs to the Rangers. Dang.

Two grand slams, and their 8 and 9 hitters combined for 14 RBI.

What makes it even more amazing is how unbelievable bad the lineup had been for weeks.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-22-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #246
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yup. Modern day runs in a game record now belongs to the Rangers. Dang.

Two grand slams, and their 8 and 9 hitters combined for 14 RBI.

What makes it even more amazing is how unbelievable bad the lineup had been for weeks.
The lineup from game 1 is the kind I want to see from here on out. No more Sosa, no more Melhuse playing 3rd, no more Whiff. I want to see Botts and Metcalf and Murphy and Salty pretty much every day for the rest of the season.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #247
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This second game is an abortion. Whatever happened to pitching?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #248
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

The Texas Rangers aren't very good.......

....except for today.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #249
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

they're still not very good.

pitching? what is that?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 AM   #250
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Nice to see Salty getting into the groove a bit.

so funny because my husband has him on his NEGATIVE fantasy baseball team!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #251
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Ummm.... wow

edit: According to the AP recap, it has been 110 years since a team scored 30 runs. The Chicago Cubs scored 36 in 1897.
they were the Chicago Colts at the time....

I think espn said that the Boston Beaneaters were the last AL team to break 30.

you know they've done something odd when they get compared to the Chicago Colts and the Boston Beaneaters.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #252
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

30 runs is nuts
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 PM   #253
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Extra innings tonight.... come on Rangers. I've invested too much time in this game now...
Old 09-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #254
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

why can't Laird hit anymore? 222avg?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #255
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
why can't Laird hit anymore? 222avg?
I care very little about Laird, considering the 6 innings Eddy just pitched tonight. Marvelous.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-07-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #256
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I care about Laird b/c, I don't like .222

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #257
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Mmmm. Volquez is starting to get me excited.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #258
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish they would let the kid pitching a 2 hitter continue to pitch. I absolutely HATE the way Washington refuses to let a starter see the 7th inning.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #259
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

From the recap, a thumb blister supposedly limited him to six innings. But, yeah, I agree that Wash has a tendency to pull the plug on the starter a bit early for my taste as well.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #260
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well I didn't know that but I did read a quote from Volquez himself that said Wash pulled him to keep him fresh for his next start.

Either way, Wash has been terrible about doing that this season when a starter is posting a very nice game.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:45 AM   #261
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Well E.V. has thrown more pitches this year than he ever has, no sense in pushing his arm more than they have already this season. I believe he will be around 150 IP by season's end which is plenty for him this year.

The guy got yanked after 2IP because he had a hard ball land on his knee-cap and it stiffened up in the dugout.

As far as the Washington bashing goes, he is a first year manager, the only real problem I have had is watching sammy get AB's and substituting a player for Cat the other night when all he needed was a double for the cycle. other than tthat, i love the way he preaches small ball, and the Texas Rangers no longer need HR's to score. So refreshing.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #262
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

can we actually finish .500 this year?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #263
sike
The Preacha

I'd bet not

Old 09-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #264
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

why do they start playing well NOW? how about 3 months ago?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #265
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

pouring it on in detroit today.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #266
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well really they only have to finish the last 19 games of the season 12-7 to finish .500 right? The way they've been playing, that's not out of the questions.

I wonder what the all the records look like for the last 3 months of the season....
Old 09-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #267
sike
The Preacha

you would wonder that...

Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #268
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
you would wonder that...
Do you ever wonder in the morning, as your peeling your sticky sweaty leg off of your wife Carl, if you're going to add anything to the world by getting up out of bed today?

(go rangers)
Old 09-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #269
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

ya they seem to be picking it up a bit. almost .500! I'll believe it when I see it though if we'll get there. They are doing better this year than I thought they would though. If we can keep guys healthy, we aren't terrible. We won't be in the playoffs anytime soon though with Washington as the manager and bad pitching...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #270
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

"the texas rangers aren't very good"

ya think?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #271
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Do you ever wonder in the morning, as your peeling your sticky sweaty leg off of your wife Carl, if you're going to add anything to the world by getting up out of bed today?

(go rangers)
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again.

What? I never give you rep!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #272
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Just to wrap up my campaign for Salty to be the team's permanent catcher:

Link.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #273
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what a move by the Tigers yesterday... this puts them over a 120 million dollars in payroll next season

The Marlins? check this out.
Their highest paid player next season = Kevin Gregg (He made $575,000 this year (less than the Yankees paid A-Rod every four days).

Contact Me
Old 12-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #274
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I can't tell you how depressing it is being in Boston right after the Sox have won the World Series (& the Celtics are good again & the Pats are 12-0) & having my boss give me a "Sox closing in on getting Santana" update everyday & reading about the Rangers, once again, looking at one-year deals for the Mike Lambs & Eric Gagnes of the world. God, I hate this team.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #275
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

I think the Marlins/Tigers trade was good for both teams. Detroit was very high on Maybin and Florida basically cleaned out the rest of their farm system other than Porcillo. The concentration of talent in the AL is getting a little comical though.

@ ames - the 1 year deal for Gagne certainly worked out well last year. We got potentially our center fielder and 1/5 of our rotation out of him. There's no reason to believe he can't return and pitch well again in limited action where he's comfortable and the fans aren't out to get him. Oh, and he had a good influence on the rest of the bullpen; CJ and Benoit both took big steps forward.

Last edited by ilMavvento; 12-05-2007 at 03:16 PM.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #276
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
I can't tell you how depressing it is being in Boston right after the Sox have won the World Series (& the Celtics are good again & the Pats are 12-0) & having my boss give me a "Sox closing in on getting Santana" update everyday & reading about the Rangers, once again, looking at one-year deals for the Mike Lambs & Eric Gagnes of the world. God, I hate this team.
give them 2 years. I know its frustrating but this is the first time in a long time they have tried to do things the right way. And the pats will lose in the playoffs while the cowboy win the superbowl and the mavs win the nba title. Dallas will soon be the center of the sports universe again.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #277
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilMavvento
I think the Marlins/Tigers trade was good for both teams. Detroit was very high on Maybin and Florida basically cleaned out the rest of their farm system other than Porcillo. The concentration of talent in the AL is getting a little comical though.

@ ames - the 1 year deal for Gagne certainly worked out well last year. We got potentially our center fielder and 1/5 of our rotation out of him. There's no reason to believe he can't return and pitch well again in limited action where he's comfortable and the fans aren't out to get him. Oh, and he had a good influence on the rest of the bullpen; CJ and Benoit both took big steps forward.
i know the marlins outfield will be insanely exciting(and good) when they get around to moving ramirez to the outfield(hes along with jeter the worst defensive shortstop in baseball)
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #278
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
give them 2 years. I know its frustrating but this is the first time in a long time they have tried to do things the right way. And the pats will lose in the playoffs while the cowboy win the superbowl and the mavs win the nba title. Dallas will soon be the center of the sports universe again.
When were we the center again?

Contact Me
Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #279
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
When were we the center again?
1992, 1993 and 1995.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #280
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahaha... Rep for Five-O...