Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #241
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Even though there were some questionable calls in the Utah/Houston game...

There were some pretty smart plays as well...

How about AK knowing there was only 2 seconds on the shot clock after Korver's horrendous fall-away..got a tough rebound and quickly looked for Korver because he (AK) was not in position to score. Jho probably would've rebounded and tried to reset the offense. I still think AK has alot to give in this league and if utilized right he can still be that 15-8-5-5-5 guy.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #242
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

floppers win.

SA, Miami, LA--think about it

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #243
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Even though there were some questionable calls in the Utah/Houston game...

There were some pretty smart plays as well...

How about AK knowing there was only 2 seconds on the shot clock after Korver's horrendous fall-away..got a tough rebound and quickly looked for Korver because he (AK) was not in position to score. Jho probably would've rebounded and tried to reset the offense. I still think AK has alot to give in this league and if utilized right he can still be that 15-8-5-5-5 guy.
yeah i'd love to have AK47 be considered a 'role player' for my team. great all around game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
TMac made up for game 1 tonight I guess.

Still glad to see him headed home soon.
why do some of you dislike Tmac? just wondering
Old 04-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #244
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
yeah i'd love to have AK47 be considered a 'role player' for my team. great all around game.
God, yes - I'd I'd trade JET & Stack for him in a heartbeat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
why do some of you dislike Tmac? just wondering
The eye...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #245
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Why did Houston play its first two games at home as the lower seed?

Utah was 4th and Houston was 5th at the end of the season. Shouldn't Utah have played the first two games at home? According to NBA.com, Houston had both of the first games at home.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #246
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Houston had homecourt because they had the better record. Rule change.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 04-22-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #247
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3359141

Report: Haywood won't be suspended for flagrant foul on James

Washington Wizards center Brendan Haywood will not be suspended by the NBA for his foul on LeBron James during Washington's Game 2 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, The Washington Post reported on its Web site.

Haywood was charged with a flagrant-2 foul and ejected in the third quarter after he knocked James to the ground while James was mid-air on a drive to the basket.

An NBA spokesman said Hawyood would not be suspended, although the league agreed with the call and the decision to toss Haywood from the game, according to the report. Haywood and James also had a run-in during Game 1.

The series, which the Cavaliers lead 2-0, has been chippy from the outset, with the Wizards hoping to slow down James with physical defense.

Game 3 is scheduled for Thursday night, and Washington will need to reverse recent history to climb back into the series. The Cavs have won eight straight playoff games over the Wizards.
So Haywood isn't suspended for an obvious push, but Dirk was suspended for getting his arm caught behind him on AK...

Stern and Stu are jackasses. They're obviously trying to make the East playoffs a little more interesting by keeping Haywood in.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 04-22-2008 at 03:55 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #248
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Houston had homecourt because they had the better record. Rule change.
x2 years in a row.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #249
nikeball
Platinum Member

Word of the Day: Duncan face

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...ncan-face.html

Too many pictures / words to copy paste so I will just let yall click on it.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #250
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

How can it be that Haywood isn't suspended for a flagrant while Stackhouse was during the finals? What a joke.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #251
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

bonzi wells and mike james could've helped houston....i'm still scratching my head over that trade.

They traded two 20 pt scorers for an old 10 ppg guy in Jackson...Guess what Houston is having trouble with right now? you got it....scoring.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #252
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Mike James could have helped Houston? Mike James was the bricking champion while in Houston. He was decent for the first six games or so, but dropped off quick. His contract was way too big, too. Bonzi is the only one that helped Houston, but I like the trade because BJax has did well at the point. Right now, it would have been Aaron Brooks or Mike James at the point. That equals bad news.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #253
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
bonzi wells and mike james could've helped houston....i'm still scratching my head over that trade.

They traded two 20 pt scorers for an old 10 ppg guy in Jackson...Guess what Houston is having trouble with right now? you got it....scoring.
james was washed up and was moved because of money.
bonzi wells was too streaky but good asset for playoffs thus why hornets wanted him for their weak bench.

bobby jackson... or should i say flava flav... knows adelmans system and is a reliable backup PG. i stress backup.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #254
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Boy the spurs just won't go away.

That's ok.

Screw phx.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #255
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

I'm relieved to see that Playoff Spurs >>> Regular Season Spurs has shown up again in awhat is a very very tough year for us.

Hopefully, we can finish this game off
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #256
nikeball
Platinum Member

the spurs were down 7 points coming out of halftime..then they held phx scoreless for the first NINE minutes of the 3rd period. now they have a 9 point lead going into the 4th.

goodness. champs.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #257
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
the spurs were down 7 points coming out of halftime..then they held phx scoreless for the first NINE minutes of the 3rd period. now they have a 9 point lead going into the 4th.

goodness. champs.
Hating both teams really gives you a nice objective look at things. And it made me realize Ginobili is awesome.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #258
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
Hating both teams really gives you a nice objective look at things. And it made me realize Ginobili is awesome.
Dude...you have the "mooterus" in your signature. Please...I will do anything if you get rid of it. That thing is cursed. I will make you a knew sign if you want.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #259
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Boy tnt really,really wants to go to a commercial.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #260
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So...if Phx is unable to get past the Spurs....again...do they have another shot next year? How long can Snacks body hold out? When does Nash start to decline? Has he already? new coach?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #261
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...what a great loose ball grab by parker.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #262
dude1394
Guru

So I didn't see this phoenix game but I just heard in the interview that snack plastered parker in this one. I can't wait until his fat ass is out of the league. He single handedly caused me to not watch basketball for years.

Never seen anyone be allowed to physcially beat up people like they allowed him to do. His retirement can't come quick enough.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:30 PM   #263
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Dude...you have the "mooterus" in your signature. Please...I will do anything if you get rid of it. That thing is cursed. I will make you a knew sign if you want.
I was trying to right a wrong. I shouldn't have disparaged hockey. I spoke in anger not serenity.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #264
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
I was trying to right a wrong. I shouldn't have disparaged hockey. I spoke in anger not serenity.
lol, ok my bad.

Just know that the "mooterus" so named because it's a cow, and it also looks like fallopian tubes, is a very offensive thing to a Stars fan. That jersey came and went, bc people hated it

I really do recognize the effort, however. Thank you for offering that olive branch of peace.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #265
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
So...if Phx is unable to get past the Spurs....again...do they have another shot next year? How long can Snacks body hold out? When does Nash start to decline? Has he already? new coach?
Well how can you fault them for losing to the defending champs? Its just unfortunate they had to run into the Spurs in the 1st round this year. I could see them bringing the same team back. Hell I think they have to. Shaq's contract is untradable. I guess you could do something with Barbosa and Diaw's contract but I wouldn't consider them the problem. Maybe it is the coach. They're trying to win a championship playing a run and gun style. No one has ever done it and i'm starting to think no one will. I never wanted to believe that but i'm starting to think the WCF is as far a run and gun team can go.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:41 PM   #266
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So I didn't see this phoenix game but I just heard in the interview that snack plastered parker in this one. I can't wait until his fat ass is out of the league. He single handedly caused me to not watch basketball for years.

Never seen anyone be allowed to physcially beat up people like they allowed him to do. His retirement can't come quick enough.
I don't blame the guy. Parker and Ginobilli keep picking them a part in the paint. If they were weak minded they would never drive to the rack again after Shaq knocked Parker down but they kept on attacking regardless.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #267
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Duncan scores 18 and the spurs still win because of Manu and TP. JET and JHO are a pair of chokers come playoff time. Dirk is left alone without any supporting cast + he is blessed with a stupid coach...
Feel bad for him, as everybody will blame him again. Why did he get only 11 shot-attempts?
Dammit
Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 AM   #268
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs got more help from the role players (Finley, Udoka) as the Suns did a better job of not letting Duncan go off. Parker and Ginboli played well the whole game whereas they only had great 2nd halfs/OT's last game.

The Suns are getting nothing from Barbosa, Hill is hobbled, and Diaw is too inconsistent. Bell isn't giving much on either end either. The Spurs have done a fantastic job of not letting the role players for the Suns beat them. They'll live with O'Neal, Stoudamire, and Nash work for every point and try to beat them with that but it hasn't worked yet.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #269
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Yea if you would've told me Shaq, Amare and NAsh would have great games and the Suns still lose i'd be shocked. I'm not sure there's anything else the Suns can do if they can't step up and play any form of defense.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 AM   #270
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

I still don't think the series is over.
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:04 AM   #271
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Well I guess it matters what you consider "over" lol. They still have to win 2 more games so yea the series isn't over but I don't see the Suns pulling it out. I see them going 1-1 during this homestand.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #272
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
The Suns are getting nothing from Barbosa, Hill is hobbled, and Diaw is too inconsistent. Bell isn't giving much on either end either.
Sounds like Dallas with Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, etc.

Contact Me
Old 04-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #273
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Suns will probably shoot the lights out in game 3....after that, I say the Spurs close the door.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #274
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Man, what I would give to see the Mavericks play like either the Spurs or the Suns right now.

Even though the Suns lossed they are playing with a lot of heart. With the exception of Dirk, Kidd, and Bass our mavs look like a bunch of wimps who are only playing basketball because their mamma is making them.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #275
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Well how can you fault them for losing to the defending champs? Its just unfortunate they had to run into the Spurs in the 1st round this year. I could see them bringing the same team back. Hell I think they have to. Shaq's contract is untradable. I guess you could do something with Barbosa and Diaw's contract but I wouldn't consider them the problem. Maybe it is the coach. They're trying to win a championship playing a run and gun style. No one has ever done it and i'm starting to think no one will. I never wanted to believe that but i'm starting to think the WCF is as far a run and gun team can go.
see lakers, showtime. see the russell celtics. plenty of teams have won playing run and gun.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #276
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Sounds like Dallas with Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, etc.
Except Barbosa, Hill, & Diaw are not their

2nd, 3rd and 4th options.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #277
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

those were the days when the Mavs were starting to show colors but just couldn't beat that L.A. team to save the world.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #278
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Yeah, he did, but it wasn't flagrant. Basically, Parker was running full-tilt to the rim, and Shaq was moving to intercept him. Boy, did he Parker was turned sideways, and slammed into Shaq. It appeared that Tony got the worst of it
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #279
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Shaq thought he was an immovable object. Parker thought he was an irresistable force.

Shaq was right.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #280
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
see lakers, showtime. see the russell celtics. plenty of teams have won playing run and gun.
That's just not correct.

Teams have to defend, and they have to be able to execute a half-court offense.

Even taking into account that Russell's Celtics were of a totally different era of basketball, they defended. The fast-breaking style of play that characterized them came off of defense.

Showtime defended pretty well too, and they also had the all-time leading scorer in Abdul-Jabbar to attack if the opponent slowed the game. But even Showtime had to slow down and go muscle after they got beaten up by Moses Malone's Sixers and Bird's Celtics, both of whom:
1) defended physically; and 2) executed half-court offense.

Doug Moe's Spurs, Gene Shue's Sixers, Doug Moe's Nuggets, John Macleod's Suns, Nellie's Warriors, Nellie's Mavericks, MikeDanTony's Suns, George Karl's Nuggets....all losers.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 04-23-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote