Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-17-2006, 01:26 AM   #241
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
So you would be unplussed if Zaccanelli and Perot bought the team back? I mean, NOBODY made money like those guys made money.
Well were they successful in putting a team on the floor that contended every year? If not no. If so sure.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2006, 01:26 AM   #242
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
A better question might be - does everyone agree that Cuban is spending less money on "expenses associated to payroll" this year?

The rest of the argument will proceed from there.
I don't just agree. I know it for a fact. And it's due to a plan that has been in place for a couple years now.

Buy 'em cheap, and sell 'em high. Every businessman would be proud. You go, Guban.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #243
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Yup...just like memphis, seattle, portland, nok, atlanta, sacremento, knicks, celtics, charlotte, toronto. Same ole, same ole.
Or Detriot, San Antonio, Phoenix, Denver, Miami, or LA Lakers

The Sacremento owners are great - they just had some bad luck with the Webber injury. I wonder how good our roster would look Dirk-less.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #244
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Buy crappy franchise, get them to the nba finals, sell team. What's the damn problem if he did?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #245
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

chums argument is only factually based on his hatred of Cuban for not signing Nash.

That said and unanimously agreed upon.....he is trying to hold onto a dying stick by diverting the argument into the arena of finance. His new premise (which is hard to follwo because it changes so much) is that Cuban sucks because Cuban is trying to make money. He masks his hatred and this new premise in comments about reduced payroll and profit mongering. No matter what is espoused from this point on it simply does not matter.

Cuban spends a lot of money on what he and his management feels provides the best chance at winning. It is hard to fault him for trying to get under the tax rate when he has shown that he is very willing to put his money where his mouth is and spend over the tax to pursue a championship. He likely can't afford to stay over the tax forever you know? Perhaps he is adjusting the payroll to allow him to do it again if a championship caliber palyer is within reach and this is bad timing for AI. Profits are expected in business ventures. He is entitled to reap the rewards of his hard work. To say otherwise is stupid.

So...the bottom line of this entire unfortunate thread is that chummy hates Cuban because he didn't re-sign Nash who chum has a chubby for. The remainder is smoke, mirrors and chums inability to properly formulate a valid defense against normal operations.

I wish chum had said that he hates Cuban for simply losing Nash, Nellie, and Finley. That might make more sense. Maybe.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:29 AM   #246
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well were they successful in putting a team on the floor that contended every year? If not no. If so sure.
Well, that's an interesting question. Let's say that for whatever reason, Cuban has to pass the team on to Perot tomorrow. Hey, there is no reason for debate. We all know that Perot was in it for the money.

The question would be: If you were in it for the money, how would you run the Mavs?

That's almost threadworthy.

Or, we could just watch Cuban for a while. After all, learn from the expert...
Old 12-17-2006, 01:31 AM   #247
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
So...the bottom line of this entire unfortunate thread is that chummy hates Cuban because he didn't re-sign Nash who chum has a chubby for. The remainder is smoke, mirrors and chums inability to properly formulate a valid defense against normal operations.

I wish chum had said that he hates Cuban for simply losing Nash, Nellie, and Finley. That might make more sense. Maybe.
Jilted man-love is an ugly thing.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:32 AM   #248
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
I am not going to give him any props for being a good owner because he is spending a VERY SLIGHT amount over the LT this year. Especially since next year he probably won't pay any LT at all.
I hope he can reduce payroll below the tax to give him the flexibility to go back over if the right deal comes along. He has shown by action that he is willing to do so.

Quote:
He's just another owner - especially since the NBA has cracked down on his sideline antics.
I'm not sure why the sideline part is relevant but he is one owner of an NBA team. I don't think owners need to be individualists or media dominant to be successful.

Don't get me wrong Wayne....I respect where YOU are coming from. We see it a little differently I suppose.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:32 AM   #249
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't just agree. I know it for a fact. And it's due to a plan that has been in place for a couple years now.

Buy 'em cheap, and sell 'em high. Every businessman would be proud. You go, Guban.
What's the problem with him selling high? It ain't hurting me as a fan. What hurt me as a fan was when we were being bought that low in the first place - because it meant that we were sucking pretty royally at the time.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:33 AM   #250
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
chums argument is only factually based on his hatred of Cuban for not signing Nash.

That said and unanimously agreed upon.....he is trying to hold onto a dying stick by diverting the argument into the arena of finance. His new premise (which is hard to follwo because it changes so much) is that Cuban sucks because Cuban is trying to make money. He masks his hatred and this new premise in comments about reduced payroll and profit mongering. No matter what is espoused from this point on it simply does not matter.

Cuban spends a lot of money on what he and his management feels provides the best chance at winning. It is hard to fault him for trying to get under the tax rate when he has shown that he is very willing to put his money where his mouth is and spend over the tax to pursue a championship. He likely can't afford to stay over the tax forever you know? Perhaps he is adjusting the payroll to allow him to do it again if a championship caliber palyer is within reach and this is bad timing for AI. Profits are expected in business ventures. He is entitled to reap the rewards of his hard work. To say otherwise is stupid.

Honestly, I would respond to that if it made even one word of sense.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:36 AM   #251
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Honestly, I would respond to that if it made even one word of sense.
Nuff said. Stuck on Stupid is your mantra after all.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #252
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, that's an interesting question. Let's say that for whatever reason, Cuban has to pass the team on to Perot tomorrow. Hey, there is no reason for debate. We all know that Perot was in it for the money.

The question would be: If you were in it for the money, how would you run the Mavs?

That's almost threadworthy.

Or, we could just watch Cuban for a while. After all, learn from the expert...
We already know how Perot would run the Mavs - poorly. He's already shown us that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 AM   #253
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cuban spends a lot of money on what he and his management feels provides the best chance at winning.
I will agree that we have A chance, not the best chance.

Quote:
It is hard to fault him for trying to get under the tax rate when he has shown that he is very willing to put his money where his mouth is and spend over the tax to pursue a championship.
This is a "what have you done for me lately" industry. Cuban USED to put his money where his mouth is, but those days are probably gone.

Quote:
He likely can't afford to stay over the tax forever you know?
Sure - just like the rest of the herd that calls themselves the lackies of Stern. He's nothing special anymore and remember this is a "what have you done for me lately" industry.

Maybe Cuban's wife is cracking the whip and forcing him to stop spending so much money on the Mavs.

But I doubt if the few million dollars Cuban would lose by trading for AI will break the Bank of Cuban - but its not my money.

Quote:
Perhaps he is adjusting the payroll to allow him to do it again if a championship caliber palyer is within reach and this is bad timing for AI.
And I'll be wrong if he does. But until he does then he has to be judged on his CURRENT actions.

Quote:
Profits are expected in business ventures. He is entitled to reap the rewards of his hard work. To say otherwise is stupid.
I'm not saying otherwise. But I'm not going to give him props for being a graduate of Stern U. But he was once a great owner - a great epithat is the best I can muster.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 AM   #254
Drbio
Banned

You know how badly I want AI here so with that said I think this might be a bad time in the Mavs calendar to make the trade assuming that Cuban and management have a plan in place which they must. Trying to get under the tax is a good business move. I don't doubt for a second that if Cuban thought he could improve the team by going over the tax that he would spend the dollars.

There is a philosophical point here to make....if managment thinks that losing Devin Harris for a rental of AI for a few years is not in the best interest of franchise success then I understand not going after AI. They are the hoops professionals. We are all fans with good opinions.

But this isn't an AI issue as much of a business continuity issue. Well...that and chum hating on Cuban for not signing his lover Nash.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:55 AM   #255
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Nuff said. Stuck on Stupid is your mantra after all.
Here's an idea. Get your payroll down the league minimum for other contending teams. Sell your dumbfuck fans that you are great! Collect profits. Watch the money roll in!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:56 AM   #256
Drbio
Banned

My mistake.....Stuck on Stupid 501.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:57 AM   #257
dude1394
Guru

Hmm...used to be interesting to discuss things with you.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:59 AM   #258
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Hmm...used to be interesting to discuss things with you.
Used to be interesting when the Mavs had options. Sadly, now it's all just about reducing contracts as much as is possible.

I share your loss.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 AM   #259
Drbio
Banned

My msitake....Stuck on Stupid 601.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:12 AM   #260
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
My msitake....Stuck on Stupid 601.
It's gotten pretty bad. There isn't a thread on this board that doesn't have chum shtick all over it.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:15 AM   #261
Drbio
Banned

Schtick and STINK.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:16 AM   #262
chumdawg
Guru

And a micro class (so easy as Econ 2301) would figure it out. But as I said, you should probably concentrate on the shinebox. More career potential in it for you.

Don't be lazy, though. Just a word to the wise...
Old 12-17-2006, 02:17 AM   #263
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
It's gotten pretty bad. There isn't a thread on this board that doesn't have chum shtick all over it.
I keep trying to encourage you to use your mind. You don't seem to be willing.

All Heil Cuban!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:20 AM   #264
Drbio
Banned

Stuck on Stupid 801.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:22 AM   #265
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Stuck on Stupid 801.
Not sure it's stupid as much as just stuck on asshole.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:24 AM   #266
Drbio
Banned

So true.....so true.....
Old 12-17-2006, 02:26 AM   #267
chumdawg
Guru

Meantime you two offer nothing of substance, and shrink considerably when you are challenged to do so. You absolutely love rhetoric, but you have nothing at all to back it up.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:28 AM   #268
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, shit. I forgot. You do in fact offer something of substance. It's just that it's "Mark Cuban is my God," and it has grown tiresome by now.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 AM   #269
Drbio
Banned

Fortunately the entire board sees through chums drivel.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:35 AM   #270
chumdawg
Guru

I've had enough shines, Doc. Only so much a man can get. You are quickly wearing out your use to me.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:36 AM   #271
Drbio
Banned

*yawn*

More chum drivel. The shinebox drivel is almost as funny as the "Gooban" drivel. Which means not funny at all of course.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-17-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:37 AM   #272
chumdawg
Guru

Go and get your shinebox.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:37 AM   #273
Drbio
Banned

Go get your head examined drivelmeister.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:39 AM   #274
chumdawg
Guru

Do me a favor and don't speak unless you are spoken to.

And don't make me ask twice.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:40 AM   #275
Drbio
Banned

*yawn*

More chum drivel. The shinebox drivel is almost as funny as the "Gooban" drivel. Which means not funny at all of course.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:44 AM   #276
chumdawg
Guru

It gets worse for you the longer this goes on. You can do yourself a favor and shy away gracefully. Though we all know that grace is not among your natural abilities. But still. I made the offer.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:46 AM   #277
Drbio
Banned

I'm soooo scared chum. You are worthless and your insistence to ruin threads with your schtick got old. To everyone.

Unless.."go get your shinebox", "you must be racist", don't talk to unless I speak to you", drivel drivel drivel, etc is interesting to anyone.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-17-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:49 AM   #278
chumdawg
Guru

You are quickly boring me. I had thought that I could be the cat pawing the mouse. But honestly, you are boring the shit out of me. You really don't have anything, do you?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:50 AM   #279
Drbio
Banned

If you are implying that you are a we all agree.

*yawn*

More pathetic chum.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-17-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 AM   #280
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah chum... Resigning Dirk, Howard, and Terry... those were real cost cutting moves...
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote