Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #241
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
well....he and Kobe, and Bronbron, and DWade

yeah...the more I actually watch Duncan the less I respect him....he is a whiner...of course, to be fair....Spurs fans will probably say the same thing about Dirk. But Dirk does not get the ref love that Timmy does.
He gets more calls and gets away with more whining than any of those other players. His ENTIRE game is based off of one play, running into a guy with his hands extended straight up, falling down for no darn reason and going to the ft line... I dont think theres a player in the nba to whom the theory, "the ball doesnt lie" applies to more. He used to be a good ft shooter, then he started getting all the bs calls and his ft% has dipped accordingly(i dont really believe that but still)
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #242
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
He used to be a good ft shooter, then he started getting all the bs calls and his ft% has dipped accordingly(i dont really believe that but still)
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_du...eer_stats.html

ummm, no. He was never a good free throw shooter...except for a couple of seasons that were obviously aberrations

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #243
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_du...eer_stats.html

ummm, no. He was never a good free throw shooter...except for a couple of seasons that were obviously aberrations
darn you and your facts. Totally messes up my point.... Never mind that i said i dont really believe this in the original post....
Old 11-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #244
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree with you that there are a select handful who get calls and get away with no calls more than any player deserves....and Timmyboy is at the top of the list.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-15-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #245
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I do agree with you that there are a select handful who get calls and get away with no calls more than any player deserves....and Timmyboy is at the top of the list.
But he never complains when does get called.

not ever.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #246
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Damp is supposed to be useless offensively.

Quote:
only to the blind...or overly stubborn.
I hate to go to overboard. Damp did catch and dunk. But other than that not a ton of offensive game. What was great to see was everyone looking to dump it to damp when doubled. THAT is very nice.

And Anthony Johnson again found him for a few dunks, just with his passing from up-top.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #247
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
watch a spurs game and then explain to me how tim duncan doesnt get 5 Ts a game. I used to respect timmy but i have honestly lost pretty much all respect for him. Say what you want about his talent or anything like that but he plays by a different set of rules than anyone in the nba...
Maybe he's got Wade on the back of his jersey in "ref ink" that only they can see.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #248
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Damp is supposed to be useless offensively.

I hate to go to overboard. Damp did catch and dunk. But other than that not a ton of offensive game. What was great to see was everyone looking to dump it to damp when doubled. THAT is very nice.

And Anthony Johnson again found him for a few dunks, just with his passing from up-top.
just keep Dirk near Damp and he should be getting tons of dunks off double teams...

Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #249
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
Perhaps Damp's offensive game will look a little better this year if Devin continues to improve his passing and Johnson continues to look like he's been playing with Damp for a few seasons already.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #250
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well....he [Duncan] and Kobe, and Bronbron, and DWade
Dirk has more technicals (4) than all those guys combined (1,1,0,1).
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #251
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurzburgBorn
Perhaps Damp's offensive game will look a little better this year if Devin continues to improve his passing and Johnson continues to look like he's been playing with Damp for a few seasons already.
AJ2 comes from a system where the primary goal was to feed the post (JO), so it is only natural for him to continue in this function

But devin also found Damp for a couple dunks yesterday...and those were of the playmaking variety...

Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #252
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Dirk has more technicals (4) than all those guys combined (1,1,0,1).
that is probably more Dirk's fault that anything else...he tends to gripe a lot

Old 11-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #253
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

and duncan doesn't?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #254
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Maybe he's got Wade on the back of his jersey in "ref ink" that only they can see.
i know this is blasphemy but honestly i think he gets more bs calls than wade... Plus he gripes in games more than wade does.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #255
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
and duncan doesn't?
two time MVP...thats gets you somehting.