Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-28-2006, 11:45 AM   #241
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Cruz is apparantly a lefty masher. I think it's highly probably that Cruz comes straight to the big club and platoons with Wilk, with Lee going immediately to right/DH and hitting 4th or 5th. Or, with Kinsler's recent slump, it's possible we got back to MY hitting 2nd, and Lee/Tex hitting 3/4.
Apparantly Buck was just on with Norm and said that Cruz would be in RF tomorrow night, when we face a lefty.

I assume that means against lefties we're looking at something like this:

1. GMJ - CF
2. Young - SS
3. Tex - 1B
4. Lee - DH
5. Hank - 3B
6. DeRosa - LF
7. Kinsler - 2B
8. Cruz - RF
9. Laird (I wish)/Barajas - C

And against righties I would assume you replace Cruz with Wilky, move him to left, and move DeRosa to right.

Hopefully Cruz being on the 25 means we DFA Hairston, but I suspect it means we send Guzman down.

Or Cruz could end up playing consistently, and DeRosa and Wilkerson platoon, as DeRosa has been cooling off lately.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-28-2006 at 11:48 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #242
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Buck has confirmed Cruz will start in left tomorrow night...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #243
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Whered you hear that?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #244
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Ticket!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #245
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Cool

Old 07-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #246
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I was all for the lets reload for the future idea but this trade is an absolute raping by the rangers. Lee for that package is a steal. I dont care who the ptbnl is plus cruz is a pretty solid prospect. With this trade, Mench would have been on the bench anyway so him and Cordero for lee is an extremely good deal plus nix is pretty much nothing but a failed prospect at this point. Nothing like a great trade to make you forget the crap that has been the rangers recently. I think i would look at going out and getting a pitcher now. I know it sounds weird but the rangers could actually be pretty dangerous in the playoffs with that lineup.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #247
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Wow! I was all for the lets reload for the future idea but this trade is an absolute raping by the rangers. Lee for that package is a steal. I dont care who the ptbnl is plus cruz is a pretty solid prospect. With this trade, Mench would have been on the bench anyway so him and Cordero for lee is an extremely good deal plus nix is pretty much nothing but a failed prospect at this point. Nothing like a great trade to make you forget the crap that has been the rangers recently. I think i would look at going out and getting a pitcher now. I know it sounds weird but the rangers could actually be pretty dangerous in the playoffs with that lineup.
Why, exactley, would Mench have been on this if they'd somehow aquired this package without including him? You'd still have a corner outfield slot, and DH, unless you're trying to say DeRosa and Cruz would deserve to start over Mench ever day, which I hope you're not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #248
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Derosa yes, wilk maybe and cruz maybe.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #249
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Derosa yes, wilk maybe and cruz maybe.
You have lost your mind if you think DeRosa deserves to play over Mench every day. DeRosa is in the middle of being overexposed. DeRosa having a huge career year, and his current OPS for this year is barely above Mench's career average.

Mench will finish the year with markedly better numbers than DeRosa. Besides, DeRosa has to be available to play for Blalock, who is quickly sinking to a position where you simply can't play him against lefties.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #250
Five-ofan
Guru

Why do you keep bring up people having career years when aside from menchs career year 2 year span which was essentially one full season, he has never had an ops over 800? Its like you are taking everyone elses career year away from them while letting mench keep his. Why should we assume that menchs career year 2 years ago is a harbinger of things to come but guys who are having career years now will automatically go back to what they were?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #251
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Why do you keep bring up people having career years when aside from menchs career year 2 year span which was essentially one full season, he has never had an ops over 800? Its like you are taking everyone elses career year away from them while letting mench keep his. Why should we assume that menchs career year 2 years ago is a harbinger of things to come but guys who are having career years now will automatically go back to what they were?
Mench is 3 years younger and has a career OPS almost 100 points higher than DeRosa's. That includes Mench's "career year" (which I'm not sure you can have when you're 26, at that point it's potential, and DeRosa's. You keep playing DeRosa while he's hot, but he's already cooled off completely since the all star break, so there is basically zero reason to pencil him into the lineup as an every day player.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-28-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #252
Five-ofan
Guru

Yes derosa has cooled off but the fact that he is still hitting over 300 means that he has earned the right to play this year as an everyday player. I think he could use a couple of days off but i still consider him to have made himself an everyday player at this point.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #253
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Yes derosa has cooled off but the fact that he is still hitting over 300 means that he has earned the right to play this year as an everyday player. I think he could use a couple of days off but i still consider him to have made himself an everyday player at this point.
He's hitting .221 in July, with a .621 OPS. His career track records suggest this is basically what you're going to get from him the rest of the year (the OPS).

He's a great utility guy. He's not an everyday starter. And I'm willing to bet his average is under .300 in about two weeks, if not sooner.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #254
Five-ofan
Guru

The instant it goes below 300 you sit him.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:56 PM   #255
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Thiggy, when you jack off, is it to Mench's Dome?

Just curious!

Kidding of course!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #256
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Thiggy, when you jack off, is it to Mench's Dome?

Just curious!

Kidding of course!
LOL

I'm actually not a big Mench fan at all. I was ready trade him for the right price. I just don't want people saying that he's something he's not. He is, in fact, a solid major league outfielder.

I understand being disappointed in guys because they're not living up to what they were supposed to be. I'm going through the same thing with Blalock. I think I'd trade him for just about anything right now, because I look at David Wright and remember that he is what Blalock was supposed to be.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #257
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Regarding Mench, you know where I stand on him and I know where you stand on him. Personally, I am glad he is gone as I was so sick of his inconsistent ass. WHEN, (not if), Lee produces for us consistently over the next few years you will look dumb as you said in another thread! If he leaves for nothing, you will still look dumb because Cruz will be out producing Mench and we will have great draft picks.

Blalock is becoming a MAJOR problem for us. The dude simply can NOT hit left handers and seems to have no confidence.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #258
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so....anyone wanna predict the Ranger will make another move?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #259
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

BTW, Melvin was interviewd on MLB.com, and he mentioned that he had to call the Angels back to tell them Lee was going to the Rangers. So apparantly whatever it was Melvin liked, he liked more than what the Angels were offering, and the Angels are loaded with prospects.

Just found that interesting.

I think JD knows we have to have another starter, but it may be hard finding one that is affordable. If Lidle is available I wouldn't mind seeing him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #260
Five-ofan
Guru

The problem with getting a starter is that all of them are nl guys and i want no part of an nl guy coming to this park. Lidle has been in the al before though so he wouldnt bother me as much. I would actually like aaron harang if we could figure out a way to get him but to get any of these guys we are gonna have to give up a pitching prospect.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:23 PM   #261
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
BTW, Melvin was interviewd on MLB.com, and he mentioned that he had to call the Angels back to tell them Lee was going to the Rangers. So apparantly whatever it was Melvin liked, he liked more than what the Angels were offering, and the Angels are loaded with prospects.

Just found that interesting.

I think JD knows we have to have another starter, but it may be hard finding one that is affordable. If Lidle is available I wouldn't mind seeing him.
good info..

I know the name Lidle is the name being most floated around...I would really like that move.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #262
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Tejada anyone? Just saw on ESPN that the Rangers and Dodgers are the front runners for him. He'd play 3rd with Blalock(among others) going north.

Interesting.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 07-28-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #263
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Who the hell (other than Blalock) would we trade for Tejada? Where is the damn pitching?

Holy cow.....nice to see the Rangers are active.

Last edited by Drbio; 07-28-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #264
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm not sure I buy any rumors involving the Rangers. JD appears to run a pretty tight ship on those kinds of things.

But, for Tejada, Blalock would probably be enough of a centerpiece that the reset wouldn't have to be off the charts. Tejada has a huge contract this is a bit of a millstone.

I think Stark said it would maybe be Hank, Arias, and a DVD. As long as that DVD wasn't named Danks, I think I do that deal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-28-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #265
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I've been trying to figure out just what Rangers management is trying to accomplish. They don't make any sense to me. Right now the Rangers just lost their 5th straight game by getting bombed by the KC Royals. Eaton, Padilla and now Lee are all soon to be free agents along with several other key Rangers. They traded Soriano for one of the worst players in ML baseball. Lee just turned down a 48 million dollar contract. They traded 2 solid players for him, one of who has a 98 + fastball and has been up and down this year after being lights out the last couple of years. Of course, relievers are notorious for being great one year, being lousy the next and then bouncing back to be great again.

Now Lee is definitely the best player in this latest deal and represents a major, major improvement in left field over the Mench and Wilkerson platoon. I think signing him to a long term contract is imperative for the Rangers. It represents economic sense to do that as well. Mench and Wilkerson together would probably have made close to 10 million next year. Way to much money to be spending for platoon caliber players. Lee for 13 million a season would be well worth the money.

Unfortunately, I think Lee, Eaton and Padilla all will be rent a players. None will probably resign here and the Rangers will have lost Gonzales, Young, Coco, Mench and Nix to acquire them all for the right to finish either 3rd or 4th in a 4 team division. It is my understanding that DeRosa, GMJ, and Barajas will all be free agents as well. Wilkerson probably should be let go but if Lee walks then they have to retain him.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #266
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Quote:
I think Stark said it would maybe be Hank, Arias, and a DVD. As long as that DVD wasn't named Danks, I think I do that deal.
Yeah Stark said Hank, Arias and Danks, or one of the other top pitching prospects..

Old 07-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #267
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Tejada would be outstanding for the Rangers. How much better is he than Blalock? How much better than Blalock in 2 years? Hank plus 2 excellent prospects seems like too much to give. It sounds like the sharks are smelling blood and are moving in on the kill right now. Hopefully before this week is over the Rangers haven't traded away their future to try to keep Buck his job. The way to build a franchise is how Detroit did it not by trading away your best prospects and young players for rent a players or unwanted, trouble making numbers whores.

Now a lineup that includes Young, Teixeira, Lee and Tejada would be very impressive. Retaining the free agents and having Tejada would be mucho expensive. Can the Rangers afford this? Wouldn't they just be in the same position that they were in a few years ago when they had a team filled with high priced veterans. If they do, I hope they have a better result.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:22 AM   #268
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the game tonight, my first game of the year. Primo seats, too, just five rows above the owner's box. The reception the crowd gave Lee on his first at-bat was quite nice.

But man, what an absolutely horrendous defensive showing. Wilk made a nice play in left field, but GMJ whiffed one in center, DeRosa made a dumb play on one in right, and Tex couldn't come up with one that he should have. There were two other questionable plays. How terrible.

Padilla was getting hit a little bit, but he didn't deserve that. I don't know why Buck pulled him so early. Not that it would have made a difference. Our defense sold the game out by that point.

On another note, is such stringent booing typical at the Ballpark? I was surprised. Yes, it is unseemly to look so bad on defense. But does it deserve such boos? I was a bit taken aback by this.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:22 AM   #269
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I went to the game tonight, my first game of the year. Primo seats, too, just five rows above the owner's box. The reception the crowd gave Lee on his first at-bat was quite nice.

But man, what an absolutely horrendous defensive showing. Wilk made a nice play in left field, but GMJ whiffed one in center, DeRosa made a dumb play on one in right, and Tex couldn't come up with one that he should have. There were two other questionable plays. How terrible.

Padilla was getting hit a little bit, but he didn't deserve that. I don't know why Buck pulled him so early. Not that it would have made a difference. Our defense sold the game out by that point.

On another note, is such stringent booing typical at the Ballpark? I was surprised. Yes, it is unseemly to look so bad on defense. But does it deserve such boos? I was a bit taken aback by this.
I've been to two Giants games and the Giants were never booed, except occaisonal razzing on Bonds mostly by fans of the other team. It's strange that a home crowd would boo their own team. I never boo my own team, or former players, just the other team.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 07-29-2006 at 02:23 AM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:53 AM   #270
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Rangers crowd was booing in full force tonight. I found it rather odd.

Of course, they also participated in the wave, which I found eqaully odd.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:24 PM   #271
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

i've never heard a boo at a ranger game, but with the D the rangers were playing I could see it yesterday
Old 07-29-2006, 11:23 PM   #272
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So much for all that excitement generated by the trade. What a couple of stinkers in a row.

Ranger trade rumors are flying all over the place though, so maybe there's still some excitement to be had. Although, I'm not sure how much I buy the rumors. The Rangers don't leak stuff. That Lee trade was completely out of left field. I half suspect lots of "sources" are citing the Rangers in everything now after they went so aggresively after Lee.

We'll see.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #273
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Just got back from the game a little while ago... I love Lee more & more, but the situation's looking depressing. I went to the game with a friend who works at the Ballpark & the rumors during the game among the Ballpark staff was that a trade involving Blalock going to the Marlins was pretty much done. But he ended up pinch-hitting, so clearly that's not true. I agree, don't think we can put much stock in any rumors now...

Anyway, this team can't get anyone in. It's ridiculous how bad they are at home. They don't look like a team in the mix of things. They better get their act together soon.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:06 AM   #274
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever a guy doesn't play the week before the trade deadline the rumors fly. Fans don't realize that Blalock absolutely sucks assagainst lefthanders which is why he sat and Wifferson started.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:16 AM   #275
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
Just got back from the game a little while ago... I love Lee more & more, but the situation's looking depressing. I went to the game with a friend who works at the Ballpark & the rumors during the game among the Ballpark staff was that a trade involving Blalock going to the Marlins was pretty much done. But he ended up pinch-hitting, so clearly that's not true. I agree, don't think we can put much stock in any rumors now...

Anyway, this team can't get anyone in. It's ridiculous how bad they are at home. They don't look like a team in the mix of things. They better get their act together soon.
You have a typo in your sig.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:52 AM   #276
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Might be something to the rangers/marlins trade rumor. Several places(espn, fox sports, espn radio) have mentioned it now. Cant confirm it but i've read it was the lead story on sportscenter. Its apparently Blalock and Diamond for Willis. We'll see.

Edit - We're also in talks with the 'stros about Brad Lidge. :|

Last edited by LonestarROB; 07-30-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #277
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
You have a typo in your sig.
I believe its a Jere Lehtinen reference.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 07-30-2006 at 04:18 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #278
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Might be something to the rangers/marlins trade rumor. Several places(espn, fox sports, espn radio) have mentioned it now. Cant confirm it but i've read it was the lead story on sportscenter. Its apparently Blalock and Diamond for Willis. We'll see.

Edit - We're also in talks with the 'stros about Brad Lidge. :|
Actually, I'd say that all the "sources" citing the Rangers as suitors probably either means it's completely fabricated, or that the Rangers inquired and were turned down. Most of the Ranger trades are announced before you hear any rumors, because they run a really tight ship in that regard.

The Lidge thing is supposedly over, we made an offer and they decided to keep him. The Willis thing is almost certainly a pure fabrication, there's no way Blalock and Diamond are even close to enough for Willis.

The Tejada rumors would seem to be the most legitimate, but according to several reports they rejected our offer, which is why people know that we made an offer at all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-30-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #279
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The Rangers are done. Finished. What a pathetic "contender" they've become. It's time to start selling...'cause things are never going to get better with this cast of players. How long have Young/Bla/Tex been the centerpiece of the team? They're great players, but the rangers need to move at least one of them. And if you can get a quality 1 starter and a good prospect (better than Millwood/Eaton/Padilla), go ahead and send out 2 of them.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #280
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Why on earth is trading the core the answer? The problem has always been our supporting cast around the core, although I woudn't include Blalock in the core anymore.

The Rangers are still building pretty well. I'm not sure how much of the future they're going to mortgage for pitching before Tuesday, but I trust JD to attempt to contend now, and in 2 or 3 years.

There's certainly no reason to blow up our young, fairly cheap main players. We are in a good salary position, don't have many bad contracts, and have some decent trade chips in the minors.

Things aren't that bad in Ranger land right now, espeically considering this is JD's first year of picking up the pieces Hart left the organization in.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game