Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #241
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Utah's big 2nd quarter push came without Boozer on the floor, and the Jazz are just obliterating GSW on the glass at this point. AK-47 having a very solid game.

Wow, that was a charge against Deron Williams, or so I thought, and that would've been his 3rd foul. Friendly home call there?
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #242
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

this game is very similar to Game 1 --- GSW isn't playing well, but they are still within striking distance. Jazz pounding the ball inside, drawing a lot of fouls in this first half, and earning many second chance opportunities.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #243
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The Jazz have guys like "Giricek" ? hitting big shots,and we couldn't buy a bucket.

so defeated
Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #244
4cwebb
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
The Jazz have guys like "Giricek" ? hitting big shots,and we couldn't buy a bucket.

so defeated
The Jazz also seem to be sending 4 players to the offensive glass on just about every possession, and getting a ton of second chance points as a result. I wonder now why the Mavs were unable to use this same type of tactic...
Old 05-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #245
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cwebb
The Jazz also seem to be sending 4 players to the offensive glass on just about every possession, and getting a ton of second chance points as a result. I wonder now why the Mavs were unable to use this same type of tactic...
Avery was worried about that. He would send 1, maybe 2, and everyone else was to hustle back on D to not allow the easy transition baskets. Good in theory.

The Jazz's gamble is paying off, they don't have to worry about it bc they're getting the ball back. They are absolute ownage on the glass right now.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #246
4cwebb
Golden Member

Wow, Jazz with a really impressive start to the 3rd quarter to push the lead to 11. GSW not handling the adversity very well. AK-47 ownes the paint on defense (where has he been all year?).
Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #247
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

utah killing em. Baron, Barnes and Jackson are about to lose their minds.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #248
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

ahh, Baron with the T. It's already started...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #249
4cwebb
Golden Member

I'd be very interested to see a second chance points graphic right about now --- wouldn't surprise me if the number is at or above 30 (which would be half of Utah's points to this point).
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #250
The Crippler
Diamond Member

now GS made a run by jacking and hitting 3 after 3. Refs are also dictating this game with the wildly inconsistent calls. Both ways.

Derek Fisher just showed up. That's pretty cool.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #251
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

How did Fischer magically appear from the tunnel????
Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #252
4cwebb
Golden Member

Baron challenges AK in the paint and gets rejected.

Derek Fischer returning to the arena not a few minutes ago, and now he's on the floor and playing...have they mentioned what his personal issue is?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #253
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Paul Milsap is freakin good. What a steal in the second round...
Old 05-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #254
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They have a good crowd there. I think the secret is giving people t-shirt to wear. Crowds seems to be willing to make a lot more noise when they feel united by the team and the tshirts.

Yeah, that's why.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #255
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cwebb
coaching
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #256
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Fischer throws it away to the Warriors.... welcome back
Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #257
The Crippler
Diamond Member

GS has a 2 on 1 fastbreak, but Jackson just pulls up and hits a 3 to give them the lead. Crazy stuff, but if it works, I guess its good.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #258
4cwebb
Golden Member

Wow - GSW shooting 43% from 3 point land for the game, and are now down 1 going to the 4th quarter. Considering that the Jazz have 20 more rebounds than GSW at this point, GSW can hardly complain about their position. Can they man up on the boards in this 4th quarter is the big question.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #259
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

From hollinger.

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- After watching Utah's 116-112 win over Golden State in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals, I can't be the only one who imagined the Mavs slapping their heads and saying, "Why couldn't we do that?"

Unlike Dallas, Utah didn't make any radical preemptive lineup adjustments (the only shift being a DNP for backup center Jarron Collins) or uproot its playing style, despite an apparent mismatch in quickness entering the series.

Golden State's speed, shooting and ability to force turnovers certainly were factors the entire game. But Utah succeeded in four critical areas in which Dallas failed, and that ultimately was why the Jazz outlasted Golden State on Monday night:....
.....whomever has the rest of the story.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #260
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Why are the warriors always down there laying on their backs every time a foul is called. GET UP BARON. He always lays there for dramatic effect.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #261
4cwebb
Golden Member

I can't believe they are going to let that foul on Kirilenko go with only two shots...clearly seemed to be a hard playoff foul, but I thought that under the new regime that would be a flagrant.

Edit: I'm in favor of letting those fouls just be fouls, but it seems to be inconsistent depending on who the foul is against in some instances.

Last edited by 4cwebb; 05-09-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #262
4cwebb
Golden Member

Richardson really stepping up here...

and Biedrins gets a free throw after blowing an open dunk...and he got the second, too!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #263
4cwebb
Golden Member

Deron with a turnover, I think, but the refs actually stop themselves and reverse the call (correctly, albeit).

Boozer with an offensive foul, and that is his second in the last few minutes. Jazz with 7 turnovers in the 4th quarter, and GSW has a 3 point lead with 1:15 left in the game.

Not as if GSW will milk the clock or anything, so it's still anyone's game.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #264
The Crippler
Diamond Member

can't believe they called that on Boozer. He did lower the shoulder though, so it was probably the correct call.

Looks like GS is going to persevere and win this one right now. Interested in seeing games 3-4 in Oakland.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #265
4cwebb
Golden Member

GSW could've locked up the game with a rebound there, but they fouled Boozer, and Boozer got a dunk on the next play.

Davis just turned the basketball over due to pressure from Fisher --- Jazz down 3 with the ball...
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #266
4cwebb
Golden Member

Pietrus has some serious pressure here --- and he misses the first...

Edit: Pietrus leaves the door open by missing both free throws. Jazz down 3 with the ball and 15 seconds left. Let's see if GSW can again successfully live on the edge (like they did in game 4 of the Mavs series), or whether they finally get burned playing with fire.

Last edited by 4cwebb; 05-09-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #267
The Crippler
Diamond Member

didn't need a 3 right there...
Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #268
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

That long jumper by Richardson was a TWO, not a three. Makes a huge difference here late in the game. Terrible missed call by the refs.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #269
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. The Jazz get dry humped twice. They only get two points for a jumper that was longer than Richardson's.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #270
4cwebb
Golden Member

Okur bottoms out a deep shot from the corner, but he has two feet on the line, so GSW still has a 1 point lead with 10 seconds left.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #271
4cwebb
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
That long jumper by Richardson was a TWO, not a three. Makes a huge difference here late in the game. Terrible missed call by the refs.
I thought that is what the replay showed as well, and when watching the play live, I wondered how he backed up so far after making his jab move --- turns out he probably didn't.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #272
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Kg, I went back and looked in slow motion, 'cause I thought the same thing, but he had both toes behind the line. From the game camera angle it looked like a 2, but when they showed the replay from under the basket, you could see just a little bit of room behind the line and both of his toes.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #273
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The missed free throws down the stretch are killing the Dubs!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #274
The Crippler
Diamond Member

is baron now a choker? Dirk got roasted for the same thing in a much less important game...
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #275
4cwebb
Golden Member

Dick Stockton with the "Baron Davis 5 for 5" jinx attempt --- and it worked for the second free throw.

Jazz down 2, GSW 1 of 4 on free throws here in the last 20 seconds.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #276
The Crippler
Diamond Member

wow! tie game. Balls!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #277
4cwebb
Golden Member

Deron Williams ties it up. 2 seconds left. GSW gets burned for playing with fire.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #278
4cwebb
Golden Member

See, this is what 8 seeds are supposed to do --- they don't make the simple plays to win games down the stretch. I fully expected GSW to do this in the first round, but for some reason they didn't.

We'll see how they handle OT of this game (that they should have already won).
Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #279
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Crippler - Okay, I'll take your word for it.

OT!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #280
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

I really enjoy watching Deron Williams play ball. That kid is a stud.