Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #241
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I hadn't even heard the entire interview...I'm not even sure what all of the bitching is about? I don't have one iota problem with this.

Fox Sports Florida Reporter: Jason, you are a free agent this summer, what would you think about joining the Heat?
Jet: Miami is definitely a title contender. For sure.* Pat Riley is a great guy and what he's done with the organization is tremendous.* No question, they need a veteran shooter, a guy who can score besides LeBron and Wade, and they know they can count on. I'm a guy that's been in this league 13 years, 15 points a night, easy. Off the bench or the starting lineup, it doesn't matter. So I think I'd be an asset to them.
Fox Sports Florida Reporter: Would the past history with the Heat affect your decision?
Jet: Not at all.* That jersey has a logo on it. It says, 'NBA.' No matter what team it is (Terry is on next season), it doesn't matter. So I'll be excited.
Dallas Reporter: What about the Mavericks?
Jet: My main goal was to come back and retire a Maverick.* After no extension this past offseason, I figure it may be time for me to move on. But you never know… I would love to in a Maverick uniform, don't get me wrong. But we'll see what happens… They said they want me back. But you can say all you want, you got to show me. Like Jerry Maguire said, 'Show me the money."
Dallas Reporter: Would you accept less money or a lowball offer to stay in Dallas?
Jet: They didn't even lowball me.* They didn't want to bring anybody back from last year…clearing the cap as low and we can and this summer we're going after Dwight Howard, which hasn't happened, and Deron Williams, which they still have an opportunity.
What's the big deal? What is he supposed to say to the Heat reporter? "F no man. The Heat can suck it. Pat Riley is a douche, and I'm not a good fit because I'm old and can't play defense. I mean, isn't it obvious I'm done when a smart owner like Cuban is pushing me out the door?" I would guess Jet's answers are the pretty standard things said by players on the last year of thier contracts.

I'm not even a big Jet fan, but Terry being disgruntled in a lame duck year following a championship is not a surprise. I doubt Cuban is surprised, either. He knew what he was getting into when he decided to "defend" the championship. I don't begrudge Cuban's decision, but he surely understood the negatives.

I'm in the camp that doesn't care about the shutting up, but I do care about the play part. He's being paid to a job.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #242
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Why the f would Cuban discuss an extension with you JET, when a new CBA is coming up, and you're under contract? Why? Love you man, will always do, but you're a f'n primadonna, and you think you're a superstar.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-31-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #243
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Jet's not a smart man...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #244
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Jet's not a smart man...
true
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #245
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Terry doesn't seem to realize that part of his "value" is in being a good locker room presence. So in addition to playing sub-par basketball, he's also shown himself to be a whiny selfish brat, not a leader. Jason Terry, meet League Minimum.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #246
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I think JET is in line for a 3 yr 12-15 million dollar contract easily. Asking Terry to take league minimum is akin to asking Tyson or Barea to take one year deals after they've had their best season as pros.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #247
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I think JET is in line for a 3 yr 12-15 million dollar contract easily. Asking Terry to take league minimum is akin to asking Tyson or Barea to take one year deals after they've had their best season as pros.
Come on man, he's trash, locker room cancer, stupid, only shoots threes, lazy...I'm shocked he's inthe league. He should be benched for Carter I think was the flavor of the week for a while.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #248
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I think Terry might even get something in the range of Caron Butler (3/20 maybe). He isn't worth it, so I'd like another team to overpay.

I mean, look at Caron this season. He's garbage considering his salary.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #249
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

If Terry leaving helps get Deron Williams here, I'm for it.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #250
JET41

JET41 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Come on man, he's trash, locker room cancer, stupid, only shoots threes, lazy...I'm shocked he's inthe league. He should be benched for Carter I think was the flavor of the week for a while.
You are just a hater and that whole post just seems very ignorant and childish.

As far as Terry comments, not going to comment. Especially after he helped the Mavericks get back in the game yesterday vs Magic in the 4th quarter.

I'll support Jason Terry if he stays or leaves.
For now I just hope Jason Terry plays basketball well and play like the Jet we all know. If he can be consistent with playing well for the rest of the season, he can keep making all the comments he want.

Although I have to admit, Terry needs to chill with the comments and just play basketball cause he's making stuff worse.

Last edited by JET41; 03-31-2012 at 03:10 PM.
JET41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #251
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Jet will not get more than 10 million a year...and I am a big supporter of his. Who ever said something similar to Butler sounds pretty close. and Jet def. DESERVES that. 2-3 year deal between 7-10 million.

LOL @ JET41 totally missing Dudes sarcasm

I have regularly been posting "Jet suck" being sarcastic because some posters around here suck
Old 03-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #252
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET41 View Post
You are just a hater and that whole post just seems very ignorant and childish.

As far as Terry comments, not going to comment. Especially after he helped the Mavericks get back in the game yesterday vs Magic in the 4th quarter.

I'll support Jason Terry if he stays or leaves.
For now I just hope Jason Terry plays basketball well and play like the Jet we all know. If he can be consistent with playing well for the rest of the season, he can keep making all the comments he want.

Although I have to admit, Terry needs to chill with the comments and just play basketball cause he's making stuff worse.
Dude chill out! . I'm actually on your side! Ha.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #253
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
You really think anybody is dumb enough to give a 35 year old undersized SG a near-max contract? Or are you saying $12-$15MM TOTAL over three years? That I can see somebody doing...I just hope it's not us. Terry has been great for this franchise, but he doesn't play defense and he isn't getting any younger.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #254
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I would be shocked if Terry had to settle for anything less than 3 and 18.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #255
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to see how this off season plays out. On one hand, you have a ton of teams with cap room. On the other hand, you have a lot of pending issues with luxury tax, and you have a system that is going to depress salaries of the middle tier NBA player.

Jet is exactly the kind of player that SHOULD see his contract offers shrink considerably due to the new CBA. The question is whether all of the teams will adjust quickly enough to keep from giving him a stupid contract this season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #256
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It will be interesting to see how this off season plays out. On one hand, you have a ton of teams with cap room. On the other hand, you have a lot of pending issues with luxury tax, and you have a system that is going to depress salaries of the middle tier NBA player.

Jet is exactly the kind of player that SHOULD see his contract offers shrink considerably due to the new CBA. The question is whether all of the teams will adjust quickly enough to keep from giving him a stupid contract this season.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Minnesota come pretty hard after JET.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #257
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago would be another team.

Two-three years ago, JET might've made out okay. This CBA and his age won't mesh well though. He could get a 5-6M per type deal but the length will be short. I'll be pretty surprised if he gets a deal over 15 million total, which is a lot less than what he is making now, but pretty good for an undersized soon-to-be 35 combo guard. 3 for 15 or 2 for 12 would be pretty solid offers.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #258
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how Chicago gets in on the game. Unless I'm mistaken, they're not positioned to be a player in free agency this summer.

Tags
distant fart in the wind