Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #241
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
I think Dirk gets the CBA. I don't think he knew there were guarantees, but I think he understood what had to happen to put the Mavs in a position to pull these off. He put faith in the front office. They pulled through.
And I think he took the $8M contract instead of the $10M everyone assumed he'd take so he'd make less money than Ellis. Not that Ellis ever gave any indication that he upset about his pay but I'm sure Dirk was making sure that Ellis felt finacially appreciated. Dirk doesn't care that he's the cheapest starter on the team. Ellis might have
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #242
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
To me the current make up of our team (assuming the chemistry is there) is what Cuban was envisioning when he broke up the championship team. The new CBA made things difficult. You can say we wiffed on Deron and D12 along the way, but I think the starting five that we have is about the best you can get within the financial rules. I don't think Cuban wanted D-Will. I'm glad we missed out on D12. Chandler can ball with the best centers and shoot free throws better than D12. Not saying he's overall better than D12, but his salary will be when we re-sign him.

We have the Bird Rights for Chandler, Ellis and Rondo. Cuban would go over in a heartbeat to re-sign those players of the chemistry works. It wasn't perfect along the way, but with Dirk and Parsons already signed for a few years, the scenario with a solid core is in place. If the chemistry works, we are primed to make a serious run. This could prolong Dirk's career. This is the best-case scenario that I could possibly imagine.
Plan Powder FTW.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #243
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Welcome to big D fellas

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #244
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post

Welcome to big D fellas
That Cubes' jet?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #245
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

It was pretty much universally acknowledged before this trade that the Mavs' biggest two weaknesses were perimeter defense and rebounding. So what do they do? They go out and get a former all-star who has a reputation for solid perimeter defense and who rebounds better than anyone at his position. He also happens to play the position the where the roster is weakest: point guard.

Yeah, I have concerns. I'm not 100 percent sure Rondo can be the old Rondo he was before the injury. We will miss Brandan Wright. Not sure who we get to backup Tyson.

But you have to give the front office credit. They saw where this team was-a playoff team in the stacked West, but not at the level of Golden State and Memphis-and they went out and took a calculated risk to try to inprove the team's weaknesses. Bravo. Even if something goes wrong, this is how I like to see my team go.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 12-19-2014 at 04:43 PM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #246
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'd say that it's doubtful, but may practice with us Sunday and play Tuesday. Five players needs physicals and the trade can't even be official until this morning. As i understand it, the deal was actually submitted to the league last night after the league office was closed. Things can move quickly, but I'd put him playing tomorrow at about 20%.
I believe i just heard from carlisle that they are planning on having him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #247
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I believe i just heard from carlisle that they are planning on having him.
No reason not to throw Rondo in the deep end - the guy is a veteran who's played against Dallas enough times over the past 6 years to have a basic understanding of Carlisle's system... All he really has to do is suck less than Jameer Nelson.

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #248
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
It was pretty much universally acknowledged before this trade that the Mavs' biggest two weaknesses were perimeter defense and rebounding. So what do they do? They go out and get a former all-star who has a reputation for solid perimeter defense and who rebounds better than anyone at his position. He also happens to play the position the where the roster is weakest: point guard.

Yeah, I have concerns. I'm not 100 percent sure Rondo can be the old Rondo he was before the injury. We will miss Brandan Wright. Not sure who we get to backup Tyson.

But you have to give the front office credit. They saw where this team was-a playoff team in the stacked West, but not at the level of Golden State and Memphis-and they went out and took a calculated risk to try to inprove the team's weaknesses. Bravo. Even if something goes wrong, this is how I like to see my team go.
It's going to be interesting how RC uses Rondo defensively, let him roam as a free safety, take advantage of his length, or put him on the point. Even if he's not pre injury form, I think his length alone will bother the point, vision is not as clear, passing lanes are smaller. I still can't believe his 7.5 boards a game, that's 2 more than his career high.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #249
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

this is pretty damn awesome.

Our starting five is up there with any other in the league.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #250
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't seem like celts fans are too happy about this trade from the looks of a few forums I visited.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #251
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Doesn't seem like celts fans are too happy about this trade from the looks of a few forums I visited.
No reason they should be - no fanbase likes to rebuild from the bottom-up (and they're a proud fanbase...)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-19-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #252
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

http://www.mavs.com/live-rajon-rondo...ss-conference/

Press Conference at 4:45

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Old 12-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #253
Dnowit41

Press Conference at 4:45

Old 12-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #254
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Over the last couple years, what 2-3 first rounders were tossed around for Rondo....1 Mavericks 1st rounder likely in the 20's.....for their last all start...I wouldn't be happy either.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #255
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Over the last couple years, what 2-3 first rounders were tossed around for Rondo....1 Mavericks 1st rounder likely in the 20's.....for their last all start...I wouldn't be happy either.
But when your team isn't very good and that player is coming off a knee surgery who can walk this summer...

People on the radio kept saying that Boston had the power in this trade, but it seems clear the Mavs did.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #256
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Press conference just started
Old 12-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #257
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

And there you go, the domino effect, Rockets get Brewer....for nothing.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #258
Underdog

Old 12-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #259
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
And there you go, the domino effect, Rockets get Brewer....for nothing.
Maybe he'll be able to teach dwight some moves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfdrP7QX9PM
Old 12-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #260
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Dude, the West is so much better than the East right now that it's not even fair.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #261
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

danny ainge live on nba tv!!!and rajon press conference coming next!!!tune in guys!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #262
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
im getting a boner by just watching this pic
Old 12-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #263
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Monta to Cuban: "Dude plays hard, get him here" - lol
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #264
ffballer

cuban on making the trade happend "i talked to monta prior to the trade and he said dude is a great player bring him"awesome!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #265
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Powellsanity lmao

what in hell was that chinese reporter going on about

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 12-19-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #266
ffballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Powellsanity lmao

what in hell was that chinese reporter going on about
lol dude was speaking chinenglish
Old 12-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #267
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

everytime there is a chinese reporter in a nba presser its end up awkward...
Old 12-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #268
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that Rondo said that Ellis will have the ball in his hands a lot and at times it's himself. Sounds good...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #269
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a funny dude.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #270
Underdog

Cuban says Powell is a stretch 4/5... Sounds kind of like they're trying to groom him into a rotational player.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-19-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #271
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Nice to hear Rondo say he wants another ring.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #272
sefant77
Guru

Mark let his trash on the table...tzztzz
Old 12-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #273
Underdog

Old 12-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #274
Kante
Diamond Member

Man, that pic was taken 40 seconds ago and is already on the internet, crazy...
Old 12-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #275
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
How will Rondo respond to TChandler -if/when - he gets on him for a missed defensive assignment?
TC barks at guys, even to Dirk, but I sure hope Rondo he takes it instructively.
Are you kidding me? He was the whipping boy in Boston during their glory days.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #276
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cuban says Powell is a stretch 4/5... Sounds kind of like they're trying to groom him into a rotational player.
Or maybe he's just a stretch 4/5 .

Seriously tho, the kid can shoot.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #277
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

So should he play against the spurs tomorrow? I think he needs a couple practice sessions.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #278
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
So should he play against the spurs tomorrow? I think he needs a couple practice sessions.
Carlisle says he is.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #279
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Carlisle says he is.
Yup. Barring something going wrong with Crowder/Wright/Nelson, the trade will go through and Carlisle said that Rondo would be starting.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #280
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Rajon Rondo: "I’ve played with Hall of Famers. I don’t feel like this is too tall a task for me. I want to compete, I want to win."

@espn_macmahon: Rajon Rondo: "I'm dying to get another ring again. I want another parade."

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat