Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-28-2015, 12:11 AM   #241
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I see clippers REALLY benefiting from getting TC. Leadership and locker room guy.
There's general hesitancy to look at this avenue because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Mavs have cap to give Aldridge the right deal for a long term. Especially being alongside Parsons and Dirk as 6th man. The sign and trade Ellis for Tony Allen is something front office can try out. Memphis needs a scorer. Plus can match what Tony Allen's contract is like. And I would like Allen here as SG. If Aldridge agrees.
So can San Antonio with a move here and there, which won't be overly hard to do if they want to go down that road.

Memphis needs a perimeter shooter, specifically. And Ellis is heading towards the wrong side of 30.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:25 AM   #242
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

One of the handful of hurdles I see with potentially getting Aldridge is that he's been a pretty outspoken opponent of playing center. If he came here he'd almost certainly have to play center for stretches and do a TON of covering for Dirk while they played together. I think he'd be much happier playing next to Duncan and Kawhi so they can help with the heavy lifting.

I could see reasons why DAJ might come here, but I just don't see enough incentive for Aldridge to give up money and probably come to a worse roster than he currently has in Portland.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #243
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I'd put odds of kevin love coming here of miniscule but whatever
http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/kevin_love woj says he will look at options and is sure texas teams will try to get involved
Old 05-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #244
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't see why we would even pursue Aldridge. Him and Dirk would be terrible together and he will be too old as a piece to start rebuilding after Dirk.
I could possibly see it work if Chandler is coming back but then we'd have a gaping hole in the backcourt because Ellis would be gone.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #245
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I see clippers REALLY benefiting from getting TC. Leadership and locker room guy.
About all Clips benefit from is not losing a solid center. I'd say Jordan is better at this point and Clips are going backwards if that deal happens but they will still be legit contenders with Chandler.

Dallas benefits from youth and a nice piece to start rebuilding with.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #246
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I just don't see why we would even pursue Aldridge. Him and Dirk would be terrible together and he will be too old as a piece to start rebuilding after Dirk.
I could possibly see it work if Chandler is coming back but then we'd have a gaping hole in the backcourt because Ellis would be gone.
My feelings exactly.

We keep wanting to go after current stars, which in a few years won't be. Ignoring young players that have the real potential to be stars for the unforeseeable future. I want us to get players we can actually build a long term team around.

And, someone else mentioned this, but it would be pretty cool to get Terry back as another shooter off the bench. It's just not the same without his personality on the team. I feel like the team has had recurring issues of lack-of-heart since he left.

Last edited by Robillion; 05-28-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #247
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
About all Clips benefit from is not losing a solid center. I'd say Jordan is better at this point and Clips are going backwards if that deal happens but they will still be legit contenders with Chandler.

It's probably the best-case scenario for the Clippers if DJ decides to bolt, as well as for Chandler if the Mavs somehow convince Jordan to play here... A sign-and-trade takes both players off the market at the same time, so Tyson's offseason decisions could be delayed while we gauge DeAndre's interest (and then turn around and re-sign Chandler the second Jordan says no, if he does).

It's a good deal for all parties involved if the #1 and #2 FA centers (Gasol isn't leaving Memphis) fates are tied together, regardless of which player ends up with which team.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #248
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's quite a big benefit for the Clippers, isn't it? It's not like they would be able to outright sign a player of the caliber of either Jordan or Chandler if he bolts.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #249
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
There's general hesitancy to look at this avenue because of that.

So can San Antonio with a move here and there, which won't be overly hard to do if they want to go down that road.

Memphis needs a perimeter shooter, specifically. And Ellis is heading towards the wrong side of 30.
I think considering to put a first round draft pick added with Ellist SnT. Memphis can use that pick also on a perimeter shooter.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #250
BGMaverick9
Guru

http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2015/06/...e-dirk-window/
Old 06-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #251
rimrocker
Diamond Member

It appears Rubio is available....anyone interested and would we be able to put together anything the Wolves would want?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-In-Right-Deal
Old 06-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #252
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It appears Rubio is available....anyone interested and would we be able to put together anything the Wolves would want?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-In-Right-Deal
Meh.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #253
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Rubio would be interesting to have with a 3&D guard. Unless Wolves would be interested in Ellis or someone else would take a bite at Ellis and send couple of 1st round picks to Minnesota, Dallas has no chance. For example having Rubio and Afflalo.

I'm not convinced with this DJordan rally though. It isn't like Mavs have a very good point guard who can throw lobs for him. His offense is pretty much what Wright gave you.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #254
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

We went deep into cap discussions, hinging around Monta's option. 4,000 words if anyone's interested! http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/6/...ba-monta-ellis
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #255
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
We went deep into cap discussions, hinging around Monta's option. 4,000 words if anyone's interested! http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/6/...ba-monta-ellis
Wow, great stuff... Oh, and this, please:

Quote:
The Mavericks could conceivably do something here where they sign DeAndre Jordan and Danny Green and have money left over to re-sign Aminu over the cap and fill in the gaps with minimum deals (and bringing back Barea, Richard Jefferson, et al.) and the mid-level exception.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #256
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
A great read. Can't wait to see how this offseason goes.

What is the timeline on Monta's option decision?
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:44 AM   #257
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Why should Danny Green leave the Spurs...Spurs are going to pay him too.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #258
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to hear what the consensus is on this, around here... let's say the Mavs don't land a big fish this offseason (i.e. LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Kevin Love) and both Tyson and Ellis walk. How would you guys rank the following "second tier" free agent options (leaving out restricted FAs)?

Roy Hibbert
Wes Matthews
DeMarre Carroll
Greg Monroe
Paul Millsap
Al Jefferson
Danny Green
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik

I think, to a degree, just about every one of those guys could be long-term fits here. I have them about in the order that I'd want them, also pretty highly dependent on how much money they'd cost. I think Hibbert might be a sneaky-good FA pickup for someone this summer, if he opts out and leaves Indiana.

Last edited by spreedom; 06-03-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #259
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'd love to hear what the consensus is on this, around here... let's say the Mavs don't land a big fish this offseason (i.e. LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Kevin Love) and both Tyson and Ellis walk. How would you guys rank the following "second tier" free agent options (leaving out restricted FAs)?

Roy Hibbert
Wes Matthews
DeMarre Carroll
Greg Monroe
Paul Millsap
Al Jefferson
Danny Green
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik

I think, to a degree, just about every one of those guys could be long-term fits here. I have them about in the order that I'd want them, also pretty highly dependent on how much money they'd cost. I think Hibbert might be a sneaky-good FA pickup for someone this summer, if he opts out and leaves Indiana.
I doubt that Tyson would leave if they strike out on everyone.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #260
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I doubt that Tyson would leave if they strike out on everyone.
So Ty is gonna wait around and see what we do before he makes a move? It would definitely help me sleep better at night to know that he is...

Old 06-04-2015, 12:18 AM   #261
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So Ty is gonna wait around and see what we do before he makes a move? It would definitely help me sleep better at night to know that he is...
Well, he knows he can get the most money in Dallas. His cap hold is massive, so they'll want to act quickly on that and move on with a real cap number, whether it's his or someone else's.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #262
rimrocker
Diamond Member

The problem is that Tyson doesn't do much for us if we don't land another star caliber player...or at least one that has legit star potential.
If Tyson's the biggest move this off season we're in trouble.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #263
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
The problem is that Tyson doesn't do much for us if we don't land another star caliber player...or at least one that has legit star potential.
If Tyson's the biggest move this off season we're in trouble.
Yeah. As much as I want Tyson back, if Ellis opts in and we don't trade him... bad news.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #264
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post

Roy Hibbert
Wes Matthews
DeMarre Carroll
Greg Monroe
Paul Millsap
Al Jefferson
Danny Green
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik

Paul Millsap

Last edited by Underdog; 06-09-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #265
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally talk with Tyson and see if he will take a contract like Dirks.
Sign Deandre Jordon.
Re-sign Aminu, Barea

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #266
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Personally talk with Tyson and see if he will take a contract like Dirks.
Sign Deandre Jordon.
Re-sign Aminu, Barea
I doubt Chandler would accept a backup role at this stage of his career.
Although our frontcourt would be insane defensively, the backcourt would be a complete mess.

I would certainly embrace Parsons moving to SG and starting Aminu though.
Then draft a PG with size who can play D (Wright or Grant?).
Old 06-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #267
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

The Mavericks have reportedly emerged as a serious contender to lure away LaMarcus Aldridge as an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
Aldridge may be tired of his season consistently ending after the first-round of the playoffs, and it's being reported that he's seriously considering returning to his home state of Texas as a free agent. The Spurs and Mavs will have the cap space to make him an enticing offer, but it's being reported that San Antonio is not very high on Aldridge's wish list. Aldridge will have no shortage of suitors this offseason, and it'll be very interesting to see how this situation plays out.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #268
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

I'd think I'd rather Jordan over Aldridge straight up. Mostly because Deandre is 3 years younger and has room to improve still.

But having Aldridge/Dirk/Tyson is a waaaaay better scenario than Dirk/Jordan.

Obviously, best case would be Aldridge/Jordan/Dirk. Would be tricky to get that done, though. Our back court would suffer, but I think the vets would flock to Dallas for a chance to play with such a devastating front court.

Last edited by Twenty4sevenn; 06-10-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #269
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I doubt Chandler would accept a backup role at this stage of his career.
Although our frontcourt would be insane defensively, the backcourt would be a complete mess.

I would certainly embrace Parsons moving to SG and starting Aminu though.
Then draft a PG with size who can play D (Wright or Grant?).
If you get Tyson to stay at a reasonable level. Move Parsons to PF and start him and Aminu with Jordan.

Frontcourt of Aminu/Parsons/Jordan with second unit having Dirk/Tyson could be devastating.

You would still need a defensive minded PG who could shoot the three.
You would still need a defensive minded SG who could shoot the three.
Both the PG and SG would need to be able to handle the ball and finish around the rim as well, but I think these guys are easier and cheaper to find.

TC wants to be a Mav. I know he wants the $$$ as well, but maybe a little Dirk has rubbed off on him and he would take less to stay till the big jump in the pay next year.

unknown/Harris(maybe - versatile enough to play SG or PG)/Aminu/Parsons/Jordan
Barea/unknown/unknown/Dirk/Tyson

SNT Ellis might get you the unknown PG.
Jefferson is an option on the second team. Many others available at the SG/SF who are serviceable for the second team.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 06-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #270
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

If there is seriously a way to get both Aldridge and Jordan, you have to do it, right?
A roster of Parsons, Dirk, Aldridge, Jordan, Harris, MLE has a good shot at postseason success even if you can't bring back Aminu and have to fill the remaining spots with minimums and/or anything you can get for Rondo or Ellis.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 06-10-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #271
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
If there is seriously a way to get both Aldridge and Jordan, you have to do it, right?
A roster of Parsons, Dirk, Aldridge, Jordan, Harris, MLE has a good shot at postseason success even if you can't bring back Aminu and have to fill the remaining spots with minimums and/or anything you can get for Rondo or Ellis.
I'm more than fine with signing Aldridge AND Jordan (or Chandler).
I'm not fine with signing Aldridge INSTEAD OF Jordan (or Chandler).

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-10-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #272
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Here's my idea...

First of all, dump Felton's $4m contract somewhere... I don't care where... don't care what we get back....

Sign Aldridge for $18m/yr

Sign Matthews for $10m/yr

Sign Beverly for $5m/yr

...with those 3 combined it's about $33m in cap space. Throw in Harris' $4m, Dirk's $8m, and Parsons' $15m and you're at $59m with about $8m to spend....

Resign Tyson on a Dirk-like deal with the rest of the money (yes, I think he'll accept less money to come back here)

Give Aminu the MLE

Sign Barea, Jefferson, O'Neal, Sarge, and Charlie for vets minimum

-------------------------------

PG - Beverly / Barea / 1st round pick

SG - Matthews / Harris / 2nd round pick

SF - Parsons / Aminu / Jefferson

PF - Aldridge / Dirk / Charlie

C - Chandler / O'Neal / Sarge
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #273
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler, who is coming off one of his best statistical campaigns, is expected to get at least a three-year, $36 million deal this summer. The Mavs would eagerly pay him market value if they aren’t successful at their one swing at a younger upgrade. ESPN.com
Rumors tagsDallas Mavericks, Free Agency, Tyson Chandler
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.PtovMp9R.dpuf
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #274
bunkmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Here's my idea...

First of all, dump Felton's $4m contract somewhere... I don't care where... don't care what we get back....

Sign Aldridge for $18m/yr

Sign Matthews for $10m/yr

Sign Beverly for $5m/yr

...with those 3 combined it's about $33m in cap space. Throw in Harris' $4m, Dirk's $8m, and Parsons' $15m and you're at $59m with about $8m to spend....

Resign Tyson on a Dirk-like deal with the rest of the money (yes, I think he'll accept less money to come back here)

Give Aminu the MLE

Sign Barea, Jefferson, O'Neal, Sarge, and Charlie for vets minimum

-------------------------------

PG - Beverly / Barea / 1st round pick

SG - Matthews / Harris / 2nd round pick

SF - Parsons / Aminu / Jefferson

PF - Aldridge / Dirk / Charlie

C - Chandler / O'Neal / Sarge
I would be ecstatic with that roster. But...

1. In the cap math, I think we have Powell signed for $845k and $947k paying out Gal Mekel.
2. Can we get Aldridge for as low as $18 mil in year 1? Not sure.
3. I think Aminu may get more than the MLE.
4. I think Beverly gets more than $5 mil.
5. I think Tyson gets closer to $12 mil.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #275
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm more than fine with signing Aldridge AND Jordan (or Chandler).
I'm not fine with signing Aldridge INSTEAD OF Jordan (or Chandler).
I agree but let me fix that.
I'm more than fine with signing Aldridge AND Jordan and Chandler.
I'm not fine with signing Aldridge INSTEAD OF Jordan or Chandler.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #276
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I agree but let me fix that.
I'm more than fine with signing Aldridge AND Jordan and Chandler.
I'm not fine with signing Aldridge INSTEAD OF Jordan or Chandler.
I don't see any conceivable way to sign Aldridge, Jordan and Chandler without compromising Dirk in the process.
I'd be doing cartwheels and back flips if we were able to get any two of the three.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-10-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #277
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
The Mavericks have reportedly emerged as a serious contender to lure away LaMarcus Aldridge as an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
Aldridge may be tired of his season consistently ending after the first-round of the playoffs, and it's being reported that he's seriously considering returning to his home state of Texas as a free agent. The Spurs and Mavs will have the cap space to make him an enticing offer, but it's being reported that San Antonio is not very high on Aldridge's wish list. Aldridge will have no shortage of suitors this offseason, and it'll be very interesting to see how this situation plays out.
Rick Bucher

So...no one gives a crap
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #278
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ye-monta-ellis

Quote:
Mavs bid or bye: Monta Ellis

Fourth in a series of 10 examining the likelihood of each of the pending free agents from the 2014-15 roster returning to the Dallas Mavericks.

2014-15 stats: 18.9 points, 2.4 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 44.5 field goal percentage, 28.5 3-point percentage in 33.7 minutes per game.

Monta Ellis can make this a moot issue.

Ellis has until June 24 to decide whether to exercise his player option to be paid $8.72 million next season. The expectation remains that he will opt out of the final year of his contract and seek a healthy raise after leading the Mavs in scoring last season, although Ellis has kept his intentions quiet.

Ellis should not anticipate that raise coming from the Mavs, who would rather move on than make a major long-term investment in a one-dimensional player whose moodiness and selfishness negatively impacted the team’s chemistry last season, according to source's with knowledge of the front office's thought process.

That’s not to say the Mavs can’t change their minds if their other options become less and less attractive as the free agency market develops. After all, that’s how Ellis ended up in Dallas in the first place, with the Mavs drastically increasing their offer to the guard only after they discovered that Devin Harris had a serious toe injury that required surgery, causing them to withdraw an offer to Harris to create cap space to sign Ellis to a three-year, $25 million deal.

But Ellis isn’t a part of the Mavs’ Plan A or 1A.

If the Mavs sign LaMarcus Aldridge, their next top priority will be keeping Tyson Chandler. That would eat up the vast majority, if not all, of their remaining cap space, forcing the Mavs to fill their starting backcourt for next season in thrifty fashion.

If the Mavs sign DeAndre Jordan, they’d attempt to fill Ellis’ spot in the starting lineup with a bigger, better defender with the perimeter shooting ability to space the floor offensively. San Antonio’s Danny Green and Portland’s Wesley Matthews are the two best fits available in free agency this summer, although Matthews might not be ready to start the season as he recovers from a torn Achilles tendon.

The Mavs would likely try to take the 3-and-D route at shooting guard even if they aren’t successful in this summer’s attempt to finally hook a big fish in free agency. They don’t expect to be able to replace Ellis with a go-to guy as dynamic off the dribble as him.

But the Mavs believe they can get much more from small forward Chandler Parsons, their big catch from last summer, if he isn’t paired with Ellis. That’s because Ellis has to have the ball in his hands to be effective – and the Mavs ran the lion’s share of plays for him – preventing Parsons from doing what he does best. Parsons was one of the league's most efficient pick-and-roll ballhandlers last season but got a small fraction of chances to initiate the offense compared to Ellis.

It also didn’t help matters that Ellis and Parsons didn’t click off the court, an issue many within the organization suspect was influenced by Ellis’ bitterness about Parsons being paid almost twice as much as him.

Parsons, who is expected to be fully recovered by knee surgery by the start of next season, has all but begged for more playmaking opportunities. His comments the day after the Mavs were eliminated can be considered a strong hint that he’d be fine with Ellis’ exit.

“Next year I hope for a much bigger role,” Parsons said during his exit interview with the media. “I want the ball in my hands. I want good players around me.”

Ellis is a good player. But he’s not a good fit for the Mavs at this point, especially if his price soars as he surely hopes it will this summer.

Last edited by mavs777; 06-11-2015 at 10:58 AM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #279
bunkmoreland

Is there anything preventing the Mavs from signing and trading Monta if he opts out?
Is it likely we can find a team who'd rather trade something we can use to get Monta as opoosed to just sign him outright with cap space?

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 06-11-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #280
Underdog

^Those are some pretty strong opinions by TMac -- I wonder who his "source" is, and how much truth there is to any of this?