Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #2801
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Seeing people on Twitter (specifically, two MMB.com writers) freak out about this was amusing. Unless we're assuming Lewis and his agent just burned all their NBA bridges by hiding this from the Mavs until they signed their contract, this is no big deal.

I guess it's possible that the Mavs signed him despite knowing he was going to have a surgery that could potentially affect his season, but that would be really weird for a such a low upside signing.
Normally I would freak out if a player the Mavs just signed had to have surgery(devin harris), but this is rashard lewis. I didnt see hime getting much minutes, especially early in the season. He would be a gradual thing anyway. Plus he's like 13th on the roster. Which sounds funny considering he got heavy burn in the finals. Shows you where the heat were if Lebron didnt go off each game.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #2802
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

You know, Rashard Lewis and Richard Jefferson does not strike me as great locker room guys albeit the MBT brought them in anyway.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #2803
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not real sure Lewis is really that low on the roster. Unless the Mavs think Wright gets all of Dirk's backup minutes (or they think RJ or Chandler can get regular minutes), it sure seems to me that Lewis is in line for at least a semi-regular rotation spot.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #2804
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seeing people on Twitter (specifically, two MMB.com writers) freak out about this was amusing. Unless we're assuming Lewis and his agent just burned all their NBA bridges by hiding this from the Mavs until they signed their contract, this is no big deal.

I guess it's possible that the Mavs signed him despite knowing he was going to have a surgery that could potentially affect his season, but that would be really weird for a such a low upside signing.
Whelp nevermind on that.

Quote:
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 22m
I'm told #Mavs did NOT know, before signing him, that Rashard Lewis needs knee surgery. Oh-oh.
Quote:
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 7m
Source: nature of Rashard Lewis knee situation means #Mavs CAN unplug from contract if want to

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-22-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #2805
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whelp nevermind on that.
Well damn. Not that Mavs don't have other options, but like you I've been thinking he was a good bet to have opportunities to play. I wonder if the physical was delayed and if it was the Mavs who discovered the injury.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #2806
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
ESPN sources say Mavs will be hosting free-agent point guard Jameer Nelson in Dallas for a face-to-face visit Thursday

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #2807
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

^LOVE the idea of Jameer Nelson in Mavs blue...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #2808
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ESPNSteinLine: Mavs still have their $2.7 million room exception to offer Jameer Nelson and are hopeful of completing a deal with the veteran point

@ESPNSteinLine: Local resident Mo Williams has also had a face-to-face sitdown with Dallas this month as Mavs try to secure one more vet PG for backcourt

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #2809
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Jameer can even be our best 3 point shooter if healthy.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #2810
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
^LOVE the idea of Jameer Nelson in Mavs blue...
I would love to see Jameer Nelson in Dallas next year. How does it work tho with Felton + Harris + Nelson + Mekel?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #2811
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I would love to see Jameer Nelson in Dallas next year. How does it work tho with Felton + Harris + Nelson + Mekel?
Stretch Felton... Or trade him if you can find a sucker, ummm, I mean taker.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #2812
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Send Mekel to the D-league some more. Jameer could actually be a spot up shooting guard in certain situations.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #2813
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stretch Felton... Or trade him if you can find a sucker, ummm, I mean taker.
Invite them all to camp and force Felton to prove he deserves playing time. If he's as bad as the YouTube videos claim, dump him, stretch him, whatever. If not, he probably pushes Mekel off the roster.

I'd see Nelson as the starter, Harris getting all the other minutes at PG and maybe most of what Monta leaves at the 2 spot. Felton as trade bait, or stretch him and keep Mekel, who impressed me in summer league.

I'd rather have Nelson than 50 year old Ray Allen. Is there anyone else offering Nelson a chance to start on a contender?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #2814
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Honestly I can't remember the last time I saw Nelson play. What kind of player is he nowadays?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #2815
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Nelson is still a very good scorer, though he honestly hasn't been the same since that injury-riddled 2009 season. His three-point shooting has fallen each of the past four seasons. A:TO ratio is generally about 2.5:1, and while he has never been an elite rebounder for his position, he's still pretty good at getting a few boards per game and getting breaks started.

All things considered, he'd probably be the best point guard on the roster, depending if we get 70+ out of Devin ever again.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #2816
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Nelson is still a very good scorer, though he honestly hasn't been the same since that injury-riddled 2009 season. His three-point shooting has fallen each of the past four seasons. A:TO ratio is generally about 2.5:1, and while he has never been an elite rebounder for his position, he's still pretty good at getting a few boards per game and getting breaks started.

All things considered, he'd probably be the best point guard on the roster, depending if we get 70+ out of Devin ever again.
If you're looking for a reason to be optimistic about Jameer finding his game with the Mavs, it's this. The decline in his 3pt% has coincided with: 1) a decrease in the % of his 3pt makes that are assisted, and 2) a decrease in the % of his 3pt attempts that are taken from the corners. I take those parallel trends as an indication that his lower percentages can be accounted for at least in part by increased degree of difficulty on his "average" three point attempt. Not a stretch to think both of those trends would reverse if he were to sign in Dallas, and I'd expect his shooting percentages to rebound somewhat as well in that case.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 07-22-2014 at 09:47 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #2817
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Honestly I can't remember the last time I saw Nelson play. What kind of player is he nowadays?
In addition to the above comments: 7.0 APG last season, 7.4 APG the season before... Not bad, considering his 5.4 APG career average.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #2818
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Rashard was the 2nd-best player on the 2009 Orlando Magic, a Finals team. He was decent the next year, but by 2011 the wheels had completely fallen off. I think he can be a decent 4th forward, but I don't really expect him to play more than garbage minutes most of the time. Right now I think Jefferson is a much better player, and he's directly in front of Lewis in the depth charts on both forward spots IMO.
I thought Hedo was their second best player, personally. He was great in those playoffs.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #2819
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Nelson would almost certainly see consistent wide open looks as the defense would have to prioritize some order of Dirk/Monta/Parsons before him.

Never forget the awesome power of the "Dirk Bump!"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #2820
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Never forget the awesome power of the "Dirk Bump!"
See my sig for details...

Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #2821
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO Ray Allen can help this team more than Jameer Nelson. I know everyone's pining for a point guard, but I think shooting guard is just as big of a need. Currently we have no one behind Monta besides Ledo unless you envision Jefferson playing some two. Allen is still an efficient all-around scorer and elite three point shooter. He can provide spacing along with Jefferson for Harris and Wright to operate in the middle of the floor. He can be the scoring anchor for the second unit the way Vince was. He can also allow Monta to slide down and play point, alleviating our need at the 1 a bit. If he'll take the room exception I take him first, Ramon Sessions second, then Jameer.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #2822
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMHO Ray Allen can help this team more than Jameer Nelson. I know everyone's pining for a point guard, but I think shooting guard is just as big of a need. Currently we have no one behind Monta besides Ledo unless you envision Jefferson playing some two. Allen is still an efficient all-around scorer and elite three point shooter. He can provide spacing along with Jefferson for Harris and Wright to operate in the middle of the floor. He can be the scoring anchor for the second unit the way Vince was. He can also allow Monta to slide down and play point, alleviating our need at the 1 a bit. If he'll take the room exception I take him first, Ramon Sessions second, then Jameer.
Devin, Jae.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #2823
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Jameer Nelson for the $2.7M exception? Sign me up. That would make for a fantastic budget signing. He'd freakin' start for what could be a 55+ win team.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #2824
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@ESPNSteinLine: Mavs still have their $2.7 million room exception to offer Jameer Nelson and are hopeful of completing a deal with the veteran point

@ESPNSteinLine: Local resident Mo Williams has also had a face-to-face sitdown with Dallas this month as Mavs try to secure one more vet PG for backcourt
Hopefully this confirms them never intending on starting Felton.

Nelson and Williams have a fair amount of playoff experience between them. Either would be welcome.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #2825
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think its smart to blow our 2.7m exception for the SG position when you have there Monta as a 38min guy. The other 10-12min, work something out with Harris or Crowder at this position.

With Nelson you get a solid PG package (playmaking, three), who can start, who is good enough so you can slide Harris for 10-12min to the SG position. I think thats the smarter way to spend the money. Not sold on Mo over Nelson, Blazers fans were pretty disappointed with Mo last season. If he wants to join the Mavs so desperatly - take the minimum

Nelson 28 Harris 20 (Felton/Mekel)
Monta 36 / Harris / Crowder
Parsons 36 / Crowder / Jefferson

Should be fine. Prefer to sign Nelson as potential 24-28min starting PG than Allen as 10min Monta backup.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-22-2014 at 10:21 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #2826
Underdog

@EricPincus: It looks like Rashard Lewis didn't pass his physical (knee) with the Mavs and will be a free agent again

@EricPincus: Still waiting to find out exactly what's what with Rashard Lewis and the Mavs - but that's my understanding - contract is nulled out

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #2827
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

So Griffin stays or they are maybe looking into a PF for the 2.7m?!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #2828
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
So Griffin stays or they are maybe looking into a PF for the 2.7m?!
Doubt this has any effect on Griffin's status; he was already likely to make the final roster.

I sort of doubt there's a PF out there that they'd use the room exception on. Casspi strikes me as a guy they might target if Rashard's contract is voided and Casspi gets released. Might also open the side door for Sarge if they really are open to giving Brandan PF minutes.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #2829
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I felt that 'Shard was probably going to be the 5th or 6th forward on the roster (Dirk, Parsons, Crowder, RJ, Wright) so it's probably not going to be a huge adjustment for the front office to make. His three-point shooting potential would be nice to have (though he hasn't been an above-average shooter for close to five years), but I think there are suitable replacements available at the minimum.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #2830
Underdog

Dallas Mavericks in serious talks with free agent Jameer Nelson

Old 07-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #2831
spreedom
Diamond Member

I really hope the Mavs can make this happen... especially since it would almost certainly spell the end of Felton in Dallas.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #2832
TheJackness

TheJackness is on a distinguished road

Any way that mavs could sign Jameer AND Williams? What's the cap situation? Are technically already over the soft cap?

Trade felton if you have to but that should be the goal of the FO right now. Guess that's why they are both coming in for a visit.
TheJackness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:08 PM   #2833
TheJackness

TheJackness is on a distinguished road

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 3h

Local resident Mo Williams has also had a face-to-face sitdown with Dallas this month as Mavs try to secure one more vet PG for backcourt
TheJackness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #2834
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackness View Post
Any way that mavs could sign Jameer AND Williams? What's the cap situation? Are technically already over the soft cap?

Trade felton if you have to but that should be the goal of the FO right now. Guess that's why they are both coming in for a visit.
1) Mavs only have the $2.7m RMLE at their disposal, otherwise they can only offer vet minimum - both guys are looking for more than vet min.

2) Mavs roster is currently at 14/15 players, but that could change if Rashard's contract is voided... But as currently constructed, they don't have enough roster spots.

3) Mavs already have Devin Harris, Raymond Felton and Gal Mekel at PG - they'd have to cut someone just to make room for one guy, so there's no way they're getting both.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #2835
spreedom
Diamond Member

I'd love if 'Shard's contract got voided, we traded Felton, and signed Jameer and Mo.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #2836
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Their stats from last year look pretty similar, I haven't seen either play in a long time. Can anyone compare Mo Williams game vs. Jameer Nelsons'? Which do you think is a better fit?

Last edited by stoble; 07-22-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added question
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #2837
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I can't be the only one concerned about the defense of a Nelson/Ellis backcourt? Nelson at 6' and Monta at 6'3 would have to make them one of the smallest backcourts in the league. Guys would be shooting right over them. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Jameer but I just don't know how we'd be able to make that work on the defensive end.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #2838
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
Jameer Nelson for the $2.7M exception? Sign me up. That would make for a fantastic budget signing. He'd freakin' start for what could be a 55+ win team.
Which is why I think there is a good chance to get him.

Money isn't great, but the promise of starting on a 55 win team should be quite convincing.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #2839
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I can't be the only one concerned about the defense of a Nelson/Ellis backcourt? Nelson at 6' and Monta at 6'3 would have to make them one of the smallest backcourts in the league. Guys would be shooting right over them. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Jameer but I just don't know how we'd be able to make that work on the defensive end.
Bledsoe/Dragic 6-1 and 6-3

I think njured plagued Harris and Felton is too much of a gamble. Sure could work "ok" if felton has a bounce back season but why taking this risk if you could get Nelson for 2.7m?

Also injuries (Harris?) coming and you need Nelson AND Felton...
Old 07-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #2840
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Agree the defense would be a concern. But is it likely to be any worse than Calderon/Ellis, or Felton/Ellis?

Tags
double post double post