Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #2841
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
We're talking about a man who controls his own destiny - I'm sure comfort is a consideration... Traffic between NYC's suburbs and Brooklyn isn't comfortable.
Isn't comfortable? You're being generous. It's down right horrific and the subway isn't much better, but I don't see D-Will using the subway. I really hope this city isn't the reason he chooses to stay.

Two weeks and a day till July 1st? Can't wait!

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #2842
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

That's such a good point, KK.

Hope Kidd drops that Duncan story to DWill.

Speaking of the greybeard, how fast do we approach Kidd? If Chicago steps to Kidd on day 1 with a 3 year mini MLE type offer, do we match?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #2843
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
That's such a good point, KK.

Hope Kidd drops that Duncan story to DWill.

Speaking of the greybeard, how fast do we approach Kidd? If Chicago steps to Kidd on day 1 with a 3 year mini MLE type offer, do we match?
They have bigger fish to fry, like Asik
In addition, their MLE isn't going to be the full MLE http://www.shamsports.com/content/pa...ries/bulls.jsp
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #2844
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

kidd makes no sense for chicago, they need scoring help.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #2845
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
After living here all your life you don't even notice the hassle. It just becomes part of life.

I visited Texas last year and it was great. The weather was amazing and the people were so friendly and helpful. The authentic Mexican food was sooooo good. The only thing I regret not getting a chance to check out was that Texan BBQ I've heard about. I want to say I would prefer to live in Texas, but I don't want it to become like NYC where everything has lost its charm. Then again, what better way to live than capping the day off at a Maverick game?
It never loses its charm.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #2846
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I may have phrased that incorrectly... Dallas has tons to offer, just as much as any of those cities, except possibly imo NY with the culture there.

And certainly Dallas competes with la/ny.. But IMO you just have to be fooling yourself if those are not more desirable places to live if you are loaded.
Speak for yourself... I absolutely hate New York. I don't like LA all that much either. I have had the pleasure of spending considerable time in both areas either for work or with family. I have alot of family up in NYC and Connecticut. Honestly, I don't ever want to go back to that place. I absolutely loathe that area. As for LA, don't like the people out there all that much. My aunt was in the "industry" for quite awhile. I just didn't like it out there at all.

I guess it helps that I'm not a big fan of the beach. Actually, I love the beach for about an hour or two every couple of years.. but that's more than enough. As for shopping, food and culture, well, I strongly prefer what Texas has to offer compared to LA or NYC. When it comes to the people of LA or NYC versus Texans.. it's not even comparable. I'm about as big of a horses ass as you'll find around here.. I'd be classified as extremely friendly in LA or NYC.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-15-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #2847
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
kidd makes no sense for chicago, they need scoring help.
Yea, you lose 20 points in Rose and expend cash to get a non slasher in Kidd. 70-65 scores. Plus I think the defense will take a hit Kidd and Rip as the starting back court? To be honest, for the Bulls, I'd go as is. Resign Asik, hope for the playoffs, but get a lottery pick.. who knows.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #2848
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Yea, you lose 20 points in Rose and expend cash to get a non slasher in Kidd. 70-65 scores. Plus I think the defense will take a hit Kidd and Rip as the starting back court? To be honest, for the Bulls, I'd go as is. Resign Asik, hope for the playoffs, but get a lottery pick.. who knows.
I'd see if there's a sucker for Boozer, but I'm with you on the main point.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #2849
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agreed keep the core together, maybe add a volume scorer off the bench on a year 1 deal like crawford, get a pretty decent pick next year, then when miritic comes over amnesty boozer.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #2850
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even w/out Rose the Bulls are a playoff lock.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #2851
nodir41

nodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation

I say sign Williams to a long term contract.
Sign Kaman and Jamal Crawford to1 year deals.(if they earn big money they will do it)
resign Kidd...
trade Beaboius and Odom for a "Gerald Wallace guy"

pretty good Team and enough cap for 2013
nodir41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #2852
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
True, Rose missed 20+ games this season, still got the top spot.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #2853
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that, there is good chance Deng misses a portion of the season and Boozer is only going to regress more.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #2854
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that, there is good chance Deng misses a portion of the season and Boozer is only going to regress more.
True, i guess there are alot of other factors in play: Asik, Boozer/amnesty, Deng, PG in free agency.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #2855
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
And Deng is planning to join the Olympic team, crazy, crazy, crazy.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #2856
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodir41 View Post
I say sign Williams to a long term contract.
Sign Kaman and Jamal Crawford to1 year deals.(if they earn big money they will do it)
resign Kidd...
trade Beaboius and Odom for a "Gerald Wallace guy"

pretty good Team and enough cap for 2013
It's also a good plan for me.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #2857
mavs777
Diamond Member

Kaman and Jamal Crawford are terrible; I don't want them anywhere near the mavs.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #2858
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

July 1st is exactly two weeks away...

Butterflies...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #2859
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Brandon Roy unretiring, and under CBA rules can't play with the Trailblazers until 2014-15. If his knees are back, anyone else down for a Williams/Roy starting backcourt?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #2860
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Brandon Roy unretiring, and under CBA rules can't play with the Trailblazers until 2014-15. If his knees are back, anyone else down for a Williams/Roy starting backcourt?
Roy, reinvented as a spot up jump shooter off the bench to space the floor for the minimum? Yeah, I might be interested.

Roy as a member of the "starting backcourt"? No, not really interested.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #2861
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Roy, reinvented as a spot up jump shooter off the bench to space the floor for the minimum? Yeah, I might be interested.

I think that the latter is what he would likely have to be, unless they're incredibly creative in the offseason with getting Williams.

I'm not a doctor, but I would think the issue with his knees is eventually going to flare up over time. I think you'd have to seriously consider the option of giving him semi-frequent games off to just play it safe.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #2862
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

BG, I take it you don't subscribe to the latest theory that the Mavs' attempt to move Odom's buyout date back a month is for the purpose of acquiring Deron Williams without relinquishing bird rights for Kidd, Terry and Mahinmi?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #2863
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The odds of Dallas keeping rights on Kidd and/or JET while at the same time landing Deron are probably vanishingly small. Ian's another story, since the cap hold is so small. I'm sure they'll work hard to retain their ability to go over the cap to re-sign him.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 06-17-2012 at 04:20 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #2864
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
BG, I take it you don't subscribe to the latest theory that the Mavs' attempt to move Odom's buyout date back a month is for the purpose of acquiring Deron Williams without relinquishing bird rights for Kidd, Terry and Mahinmi?
Not really, no.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #2865
mavs777
Diamond Member

Yeah not worth the risk of counting on roy.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #2866
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, Roy as a semi-Terry replacement on the cheap & short, otherwise pass...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #2867
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Not really, no.
That's too bad. I was starting to get excited by DLord's optimism about this.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #2868
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

In semi-related news (also semi-related to the JET thread):

Quote:
Dwain Price ‏@DwainPrice
Jason Kidd said he would be fine returning to play for the #Mavs with just a one-year contract.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #2869
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Followed by this:

Quote:
Stefan Bondy ‏@NYDNInterNets
J Kidd - "My days of playing 38 minutes are over. ...me and Deron can play off each other."
(Of course, that could also to be taken to mean he's considering a return to the Nets. But when you put it with the previous remark, doesn't sound so bad.)

Old 06-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #2870
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Don't know where this fits in with the previous 2 posts.

Quote:
gary washburn‏@GwashNBAGlobe

Jason Kidd said he is definitely look at Brooklyn as a viable option but said he wants to return to the #mavericks
Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #2871
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Kidd isn't going to a loser to play for Avery Johnson. Kidd is going to back-up Deron Williams here in Dallas.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #2872
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Jason Kidd isn't going to a loser to play for Avery Johnson. Kidd is going to back-up Deron Williams here in Dallas.
Sounds like he's backing up Deron in Dallas or Brooklyn, it's on Williams. He's done playing 38 a night.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #2873
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

One-year contract for Kidd sounds right. I think he just wants to make decent money for his year (not minimum). This shouldn't be a problem since he seems to want to play with Deron so he will need to see Deron make his decision first.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #2874
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
One-year contract for Kidd sounds right. I think he just wants to make decent money for his year (not minimum). This shouldn't be a problem since he seems to want to play with Deron so he will need to see Deron make his decision first.
Yea, decision first, and then the money details after. Wade went to management and told them he'd take less than the max to fit LBJ and Bosh. So they went hard after both, got their decisions and then hammered out the money details later.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #2875
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Exactly my thoughts. No way in hell Kidd plays for AJ again.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #2876
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

The people on Nets Daily are completely delusional about Kidd playing for Avery again. IF it really is down to Brooklyn or the Mavs, Kidd isn't going to play for Avery ever again.

Period.

The chances of me hooking up with Giselle and Scarlett together are greater than Kidd signing with the Nyets. Kidd either resigns with the Mavs or tries to go to a contender for more than the Vet minimum. He isn't going to sign with a team that reeks of losing like the Nets. They are atrocious, abysmal, and awful.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #2877
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Sounds like he's backing up Deron in Dallas or Brooklyn, it's on Williams. He's done playing 38 a night.
I seriously think it will be a cold day in hell before Kidd plays ANY minutes under Avery again. I guess stranger things have happened, but Kidd is going to be one of the main guys to recruit Deron to come here...not vice versa.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #2878
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
The people on Nets Daily are completely delusional about Kidd playing for Avery again. IF it really is down to Brooklyn or the Mavs, Kidd isn't going to play for Avery ever again.

Period.

The chances of me hooking up with Giselle and Scarlett together are greater than Kidd signing with the Nyets. Kidd either resigns with the Mavs or tries to go to a contender for more than the Vet minimum. He isn't going to sign with a team that reeks of losing like the Nets. They are atrocious, abysmal, and awful.
I just popped on there to read up on what they're saying. There's a poster or two who gets it. The rest are hilarious.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #2879
LonghornDub

Hard to say how (if at all) this affects anything with Deron, but apparently Ramon Sessions is not going to exercise his player option. So he'll be a FA and come off LA's books.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #2880
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with keeping Kidd may come down to money. He's a nice piece for any contender, but way more valuable to one who does not have Dwill, like, say Chicago or Miami, that is really weak at point guard.

My fear is that the Mavs have so many needs, and depending on who else becomes available, we won't be able to afford Kidd. Frankly, if we get DWill, I'd much rather spend to keep Jet than Kidd. He's got more left in the tank, is still a great 4th quarter threat to spread the floor, and is more deserving to retire as a Mav.

Is anyone expecting salaries to come down in light of the new CBA, allowing us to get more talent for less cash? The anticipation is killing me.

Last edited by G-Man; 06-19-2012 at 11:06 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight