Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-27-2004, 01:52 PM   #2881
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Picture Quiz

I'm impressed. He was able to drag himself away from Rome: TW long enough to do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2004, 05:45 PM   #2882
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Picture Quiz

"Evil Time"? Yeah... I do get up too early to read my online stuff. That said, it only took a minute or two to solve the puzzle (once you figure out one name, the others fall right into place), and I had some time to burn between reading the morning paper and going to play in my early morning basketball game...

Now, as for for Rome: Total War... I'm off work now, with nothing to do until Lost comes on (except read more stupid Lieber and Woolsey for a grad-level history class I'm currently taking), so now really is the time to start killing more of those darned Egyptians again...
Old 10-27-2004, 09:28 PM   #2883
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Evil rules.... always.... and the only thing that can stop him is a burning kitchen [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:02 AM   #2884
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Let's revive the picture quiz.

I'm a great fan of maps of all kind.

How about I'll post some maps and ask you for place names?

Correct answer gets you a [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

1. Map

Which City?

Old 01-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #2885
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

La Paz

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:48 AM   #2886
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

SWEET!!!! Do we get extra credit if we mention the Country? For instance, La Paz is the Presidential/Congressional Capital of Bolivia?

edit: Sucre is the other Capital of Bolivia, where the Judicial Branch resides.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:17 PM   #2887
twelli
Diamond Member

-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

2. Map

Which city?

Old 01-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #2888
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
SWEET!!!! Do we get extra credit if we mention the Country? For instance, La Paz is the Presidential/Congressional Capital of Bolivia?

edit: Sucre is the other Capital of Bolivia, where the Judicial Branch resides.

Nah, that would be too easy, if you know the capital already, and with Chile written on the map...

...and I thought Sucre is what you put into your espresso...

Old 01-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #2889
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Budapest

edit: It has to be.... Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge, Liberty Bridge..... all in Budapest
Old 01-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #2890
twelli
Diamond Member

that's by the way the location where the film "I Spy" was shot

Old 01-07-2005, 09:09 PM   #2891
twelli
Diamond Member

3. Map

Which city?

Old 01-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #2892
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Zurich
Old 01-07-2005, 09:47 PM   #2893
twelli
Diamond Member

-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Zürich -- home of ZueriMav

4. Map

Which city?

Old 01-08-2005, 05:50 AM   #2894
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Chihuahua, home of good old Chiwas!!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:43 AM   #2895
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

5. map

which city ?

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #2896
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So, is this one by Novice official?

Melbourne
Old 01-10-2005, 06:14 AM   #2897
twelli
Diamond Member

-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

6. Map

Which city? No, just kidding...

but have a closer look. Don't you think there is something wrong in Big D?

5 beers up for grabs

Old 01-10-2005, 01:36 PM   #2898
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas is missing the 'D'
The RL Thornton Freeway is missing the 'T'
You switched the words 'Park' and 'Lake' in White Rock Lake Park
Old 01-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #2899
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

And you added a 'C' to the end of 430B
Old 01-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #2900
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Also, Trinity River's Trinity is sitting atop 175....

I-30 is misidentified as I-45
Old 01-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #2901
twelli
Diamond Member

Evil: Dallas not Allas, Thornton not Hornton, and White Rock Lake Park not White Park Rock Lake
U2: Trinity at wrong location, 30 not 45

and I didn't add the C...

-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 02:45 AM   #2902
twelli
Diamond Member

what's wrong in Canuckland?

five mistakes

Old 01-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #2903
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

North Magnetic Pole is moved to the East, it should be off the land.
Alberta and Ontario are reversed.
Alaska is USA, not Denmark
Old 01-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #2904
twelli
Diamond Member

North Magnetic Pole is moved to the East, it should be off the land -- no change here
Alberta and Ontario are reversed [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
Alaska is USA, not Denmark [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

three more...

Old 01-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #2905
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Hudson Bay - not Hudson Sea
Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 PM   #2906
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Scale in right hand corner manipulated - starts at 300km not 0
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #2907
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Country across Bering Strait from Alaska is USSR - not USA
Old 01-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #2908
twelli
Diamond Member

Hudson Bay [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
USA [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

didn't mess with the scale but slightly changed a name of a city in Canada

Old 01-12-2005, 02:36 AM   #2909
twelli
Diamond Member

OK, I changed Sandy Lake to Sand Lake

forget about it

-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

next

which city?

Old 01-12-2005, 07:57 AM   #2910
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Houston
Old 01-13-2005, 05:05 AM   #2911
twelli
Diamond Member

-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

next

what's wrong in Buenos Aires?

five changes

Old 01-13-2005, 07:56 AM   #2912
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

You hid the changes well.... I guess if you are familiar with the territory it's easier to spot.

I have only found one so far, it's Rio de la Plata, not Plate.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #2913
twelli
Diamond Member

Rio de la Plata is correct

hint:
I changed two more names (but Moron is the original [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] ) just try the ones that seem to be too strange to be true

and I duplicated one city icon and one other icon and placed it somewhere else

Old 01-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #2914
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

You added droro to Berazategui, you put an Airplane up North where there is no Airport, It's Tigre instead of Tiger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], La Plata should have a circle city icon... that was a hard one - I had to find the map you used off of picturesargentina.com. That should be all 5. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2005, 12:03 AM   #2915
twelli
Diamond Member

-- [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

good job U2, next time I'll place original and changed map side by side to make it easier [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2005, 01:50 AM   #2916
twelli
Diamond Member

what's wrong in this periodic table?

six changes

Old 01-16-2005, 02:29 AM   #2917
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Titanium, not Titanic
Co is Cobalt, not Copper
Cu is Copper, not Cobalt
Yitrium is Y, no Yo
Osmium is Os, not Oz
Old 01-16-2005, 02:32 AM   #2918
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Niobium is Nb, not No.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:36 AM   #2919
twelli
Diamond Member

one more

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2005, 10:20 AM   #2920
capitalcity
Diamond Member

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]