Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #3001
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill View Post
I'm not getting my hopes up. Nobody ever says "I want more money" . Saying they want to play for a contender is something the always say. 70-30 in favor of Nets still sounds right. Being one of two choices is a VERY good place to be though.
That may be true, but reports have pretty much unanimously said that the money isn't the difference maker. I guess we'll find out next weekend, but he's been pretty consistent on that. Taxes, price of housing, and possible endorsements make the numbers closer than they appear.

This week will be wild.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #3002
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Nash basically said that a couple days ago. And at same time people don't say money doesn't really make a difference if it actually does.
By all accounts, Nash is looking for a big payday because of his recent divorce.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #3003
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Either way I'm not going to freak out if we do or don't get Deron. I think we have one of the best front offices in basketball. I have no doubt Dallas will be in the hunt and Brooklyn will still be a lottery team regardless of where DWill ends up. Now it's up to Deron to decide which he wants to be a part of.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #3004
Jon

Jon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
By all accounts, Nash is looking for a big payday because of his recent divorce.
whose accounts?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #3005
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His wife gives birth to someone else's kid and she still gets half? What a country...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #3006
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
His wife gives birth to someone else's kid and she still gets half? What a country...
That was debunked.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #3007
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was debunked.
Was it? I guess the debunkment wasn't as popular as the rumor... I never heard that.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #3008
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Yeah I see Nash ending up in Toronto, that would be a really good fit and easily a playoff team in the east. Imagine if they add Iggy for their pick and calderon would be a really good team.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #3009
Underdog

Quote:
Yeah I see Nash ending up in Toronto, that would be a really good fit and easily a playoff team in the east. Imagine if they add Iggy for their pick and calderon would be a really good team.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #3010
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Toronto's going to be good, all they need is 1 good perimeter player.

Last edited by mavs777; 06-24-2012 at 12:26 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #3011
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Toronto's going to be good, all they need is 1 good perimeter player.
I don't know that I see that as a given, but Nash with Bargnani would be a pretty potent combo, that's for sure.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #3012
mavs777
Diamond Member

Valanciunas is going to be Tyson Chandler like, he also really improved his post game overseas, Bargnani can score, and Casey will really get them to defend, Derozan will be decent when he's asked to not be number 1 option. Also if they get Iggy/Gay or keep the 8th pick that is another good piece.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #3013
Underdog

Except that Nash and Calderon are pretty much the same player, so adding him doesn't really improve Toronto's primary weaknesses...

Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #3014
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Except that Nash and Calderon are pretty much the same player, so adding him doesn't really improve Toronto's primary weaknesses...
Yeah Valanciunas is the one that improves their primary weakness, and Calderon and Nash are similar in styles but Nash is better across the board, Gortat led the league in scoring off of pick n rolls, I wonder why?
Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #3015
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to Deron and Brooklyn, the only I way I see him legitimately seeing that team as a real threat to win is total confidence in himself to make his teammates better and the dangling idea that the team could get Dwight Howard. Nothing in the team's history over the last 5-10 years suggests they're on the right path or have a clearly defined one. So those are the only two things that make sense on if that's his true reasoning.

It's either that or money.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #3016
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
When it comes to Deron and Brooklyn, the only I way I see him legitimately seeing that team as a real threat to win is total confidence in himself to make his teammates better and the dangling idea that the team could get Dwight Howard. Nothing in the team's history over the last 5-10 years suggests they're on the right path or have a clearly defined one. So those are the only two things that make sense on if that's his true reasoning.

It's either that or money.
If winning is truly the number one priority than it's a no brainer. Brooklyn is basketball wasteland.
Avery is an overbearing coach and wears guys down. Not really sold on his ability to draw up plays or develop young players.
Billy King might be the worst GM in the NBA. And that's not just an exaggeration.
Proko while he seems like a committed owner lives in another country and let's face it Mark Cuban is the best owner in all of sports.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #3017
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3557...ands-trade.htm

Howard is demanding a trade again. I always take articles like this with a grain of salt. I'm not too familiar with NJ trade assets, but I thought they didn't have any.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #3018
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
You gotta be joking UD. Calderon is nowhere near the shooter, nor the playmaker that Nash is. Nash is a still 80% of the player he was in his MVP seasons. His impact stats are still ridiculous with that piss poor Suns roster. He's in a completely different league than Calderon. He would be huge for them, and for Valanciunas. And if they can trade the 8th pick for Gay... A Nash-Derozan-Gay-Bargnani-Valanciunas starting five is definitely making the playoffs in the East.

Anyway, can this be legit news? (didn't see it in the thread, sorry if it's a repost)

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/2....mavericks.mix

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 06-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #3019
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post

Howard is demanding a trade again. I always take articles like this with a grain of salt. I'm not too familiar with NJ trade assets, but I thought they didn't have any.
That article is just repeating Woj's article from earlier this week. It doesn't say he's formally demanded a trade.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #3020
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:

They don't. But don't say that in a nets forum. They'll extol the virtues of a journeyman Gerald Wallace or tell you how Brook Lopez dropped 30 on Dallas and if healthy should average a double double.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #3021
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If you're trying to mock me, you whiffed big time there, bud. I took that straight from a NetsDaily poster. Guess I shoulda quoted it to alleviate any confusion--you know, anticipating that you'd try to be an ass for no reason.
It wasn't me mocking you. It was you mocking them. Lighten up, fella. Or, at least wait to see how it plays out. Who knows, maybe it ends up being a criterium in their favor after all, and the one that wins the day.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #3022
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

I think Deron coming to Dallas with Dirk as his wingman, Rick as the coach, Donnie in the front office and Mark writing the checks would be a no brainer.

And I LMAO to all the East Coast fans that say Dirk is washed up. Homeboy carried a team on his back, had Finals hangover, didn't have a proper training camp and now he's washed up? He's a jump shooter. He's not penetrating like Rondo. Jump shooters last a very long time. Whether he's with Dallas next year or not, Terry will be around a long time because he just plants and shoots. Dirk won't have to penetrate as much with Deron around. Deron can do that while Dirk waits for a pass.

I'm sure Deron is aware that theres only a year separated from the Mavs championship and that Dirk can still ball.

I think that if Deron stays in Brooklyn it's because he truly feels he can lead some charge and over come all the bozos that the Nets employ to run that team. His ego is the only thing that will keep him there. If he is cerebral at all, he will end up in Dallas.

In corner one, you have a team that won a championship a year ago, an owner that cares, a coach that has schemes that can shut down Lebron and a city that wants him here. In the other corner you have an owner that catches three games a year, a joke of a front office, a coach that did everything in his power to lose the Finals in 2006, and a fan base that would rather watch the Knicks lose than show up to to a Nets game. All the taxes and real estate prices make the money fairly close.

Like I said, only his ego will keep him in Brooklyn. Keep in mind, he never asked to be traded to the Nets in the first place.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 06-24-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #3023
howdoesmydirktaste

Another thought is that if Dwill was completely sold on signing with the Nets, he probably would have said something by now. He can't say anything about the Mavs because he can't talk to them until July 1. He did say that he wanted to have a contract before the start of Olympic training (July 5 I think). If he was 100% signing with the Nets, wouldn't he have hinted something by now? He seems like the opposite of a Dwight Howard when it comes to business. Because of that, if his intention was to sign with the Nets, he probably would have shared his intentions so there wasnt drama (kind of like Dirk quietly did when he became a FA and resigned with Dallas a couple years back)He wants to hear what Mark and Donnie have to say. To me, I like those chances. Cuban can do business.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 06-24-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Typing with one hand while in your mom
Old 06-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #3024
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another thought is that if Dwill was completely sold on signing with the Nets, he probably would have said something by now. He can't say anything about the Mavs because he can't talk to them until July 1. He did say that he wanted to have a contract before the start of Olympic training (July 5 I think). If he was 100% signing with the Nets, wouldn't he have hinted something by now? He seems like the opposite of a Dwight Howard when it comes to business. Because of that, if his intention was to sign with the Nets, he probably would have shared his intentions so there wasnt drama (kind of like Dirk quietly did when he became a FA and resigned with Dallas a couple years back)He wants to hear what Mark and Donnie have to say. To me, I like those chances. Cuban can do business.
Exactly. Although, I guess you could look at it like he just wants to give Dirk and Kidd the honor of a pitch since he has respect for them. Maybe he really is leaning towards NJ, but man what a wild smoke screen if so. "My favorite place to play is Dallas." -Deron...That doesn't sound like a guy uncomfortable playing at home.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-24-2012 at 05:28 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #3025
howdoesmydirktaste

I took these very nice points from Matt Moore of MSNBC.

They went 22-44 last year, but that’s OK, because it’s an improvement on the 24-58 record they had the year before. I mean, not much of one, but still!

Their next best player at the moment is a center with a severe foot injury that limited him all last season and has significant rebounding problems.

Their next best player would be Gerald Wallace, but he’s opting out into free agency. But that’s OK, because there’s a good chance he’ll re-sign. At age 30.

They only have six players on roster for next year (assuming they re-sign Lopez in restricted free agency for eight figures), but that’s OK, because one of them is Johan Petro for $3.5 million.

Their front office has swung out in the past two years in luring LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Amar’e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, and Dwight Howard to their team, but that’s OK, because they traded their first-rounder to bring in Gerald Wallace who’s now a free agent last year.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 06-24-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Snorting Ajax off a hookers tit
Old 06-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #3026
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone interested in Noah? I know I am. Apparently on the table for cap relief and/or a high draft pick. Roddy/17th pick/Extended Odom + cash to buy him out/future pick? Seems like the kind of athletic, mobile, defensive center that could really hold down it down for us. Would make Haywood more expendable as well.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...ing-noah-trade

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 06-24-2012 at 05:55 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #3027
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Anyone interested in Noah? I know I am. Apparently on the table for cap relief and/or a high draft pick. Roddy/17th pick/Extended Odom + cash to buy him out/future pick? Seems like the kind of athletic, mobile, defensive center that could really hold down it down for us. Would make Haywood more expendable as well.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...ing-noah-trade
I like Noah fine. Don't like his contract. And I don't see how Dallas could absorb that much salary and still sign Deron, should he choose the Mavs.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #3028
howdoesmydirktaste

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...llas-mavericks

The article above is interesting.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #3029
howdoesmydirktaste

Isn't Deshawn Stevenson an unrestricted free agent? Sign Deron (for max) and Deshawn (for cheap).Deshawn would probably love to come back to Dallas if we get Deron. He can defend the other teams best two guard. Maybe get Delonte West as well. That would be solid defensive guards. Not sure how well it would work on offense. Just an idea. I liked Deshawn.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 06-24-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Realized that I'm not a typist
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #3030
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
This just gives me a raging clue.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #3031
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isn't Deshawn Stevenson an unrestricted free agent? Sign Deron (for max) and Deshawn (for cheap).Deshawn would probably love to come back to Dallas if we get Deron. He can defend the other teams best two guard. Maybe get Delonte West as well. That would be solid defensive guards. Not sure how well it would work on offense. Just an idea. I liked Deshawn.
He is an UFA. I think he'd love to come back to Dallas just in general, Deron or no Deron. He got along with everyone in the organization. He also gained a ton of respect from all of the key players on the roster and in the front office for his professionalism and toughness.

I think the problem last summer was the shift in role players and the need for them to be more offensive-minded, something Stevenson really isn't. And like last summer, I don't see him finding a home (unless its Brooklyn) very quickly in the free agent process.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-24-2012 at 07:11 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #3032
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
He is an UFA. I think he'd love to come back to Dallas just in general, Deron or no Deron. He got along with everyone in the organization. He also gained a ton of respect from all of the key players on the roster and in the front office for his professionalism and toughness.

I think the problem last summer was the shift in role players and the need for them to be more offensive-minded, something Stevenson really isn't. And like last summer, I don't see him finding a home (unless its Brooklyn) very quickly in the free agent process.
We could get him for cheap. Same with West. I miss Deshawn (if my name didn't give that away).
Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #3033
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I like Noah fine. Don't like his contract. And I don't see how Dallas could absorb that much salary and still sign Deron, should he choose the Mavs.
Dallas could trade for Deron Williams...

DLord's article about getting both Deron and Dwight via trade was far-fetched, but it really got me thinking about the possibility of acquiring Williams in a sign-and-trade. I don't know if the Nets would bite on his proposal of Odom/Carter/Roddy+, but "something" certainly seems like a better option than "cap relief" if Deron Williams isn't in a Nets uniform on opening night at Barclays (especially given the current FA market).

Approaching DLord's idea from a different angle; the Mavs would be off the hook for Odom/Carter's buyouts and Roddy's $2.2M, which would put their salary at $39.2M... Add another $17M for Deron and you're still under the cap at $56.2M... Amnesty Haywood and you're back down to $47.9M. That would leave about $10M of cap space to play with AFTER acquiring Deron.

$10M could go a long way in free agency... It could also give the Mavs a nice big pad for more trades - especially if Terry agreed to a sign-and-trade or something like that... Noah is making a little over $11M next season... Not that the Bulls would trade Noah for Terry, but a comperable move could be within the realm of possibility if the Mavs somehow convinced the Nets to do a sign-and-trade.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #3034
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Noah could be huge. If he plays to his potential, his contract is not bad. Obviously can't interfere from signing Deron but from a player and value perspective, I like him.

It'd be like adding Dirk to the Bulls. Deron/Marion/Noah = Rose/Deng/Noah.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 06-24-2012 at 07:54 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #3035
mavs777
Diamond Member

doubt the nets would have any interest in vince, maybe they would have some for roddy/odom tho i guess.

Last edited by mavs777; 06-24-2012 at 07:56 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #3036
howdoesmydirktaste

My free agent basketball weenie is getting hard. It's going to be a fun week.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #3037
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't thought much about scenarios involving JET, largely because the Mavs just have so little leverage there. Though if a team like Chicago was interested in JET, that'd certainly open up some possibilities.

I don't think there's any way Cuban would amnesty Wood to clear space for an overpaid Noah.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #3038
howdoesmydirktaste

If we got Noah, could we flip him for D12 with extra junk thrown in?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #3039
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Noah could be huge. If he plays to his potential, his contract is not bad. Obviously can't interfere from signing Deron but from a player and value perspective, I like him.

It'd be like adding Dirk to the Bulls. Deron/Marion/Noah = Rose/Deng/Noah.
That would be absolutely sick. I think you could make the case that Noah is a better fit with Dirk than Chandler...and that worked out.

That being said, I have no idea why Noah is even rumored to be on the block. They want to sign Asik, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Noah. I only saw the Bulls play maybe 5 times last year, so maybe I don't have a big enough sample size.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #3040
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What about sign and trade for Terry? Any way that could work in our favor?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight