Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-26-2004, 09:04 PM   #281
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

Chan Ho Park leaves to a standing ovation. And hell has officially frozen over.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:05 PM   #282
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

Chan HO did pretty good. 6 IP 2runs.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:13 PM   #283
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I see ames even before the game is over, rangers must be winning.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:13 PM   #284
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

If I am not wrong if the rangers win tonight this will be Ho's first win at home since 2002.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:24 PM   #285
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Well I don't want to keep you waiting, MFF. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, Chan Ho was stunningly good today. 2-hit shutout through 5. Who would have thunk it? Nice to see some run support too.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 PM   #286
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That was a glimpse of the Chan Homer out of the Park that we were expecting.

Nice job Chan Ho!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:26 PM   #287
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

Nice job Chan Ho!

4 or 5 good games like this from Chan Ho and his trade value would be good.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #288
Drbio
Banned

We can hope.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:32 PM   #289
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
We can hope.
Antoine Walker can be traded, Raef can be traded(cannot think of a baseball guy) then why not Ho. Ho is still a HO. I hope he helps this team out but he is still a HO.

Old 08-27-2004, 11:27 PM   #290
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Another big win for Texas today... I am seriously about to pull a Tonya Harding on a few players from Oakland and Anaheim if they dont stop the C-O-N-S-T-A-N-T winning!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 12:07 AM   #291
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

nice...this team just wont throw in the towel....gotta love the heart!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:13 AM   #292
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:

Nice job Chan Ho!

4 or 5 good games like this from Chan Ho and his trade value would be good.
If Chan Ho is going to throw good games then I'd rather keep him. We DO need a few more starting pitchers.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:04 PM   #293
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, Chan Ho can be traded. The rangers would probably just have to eat two-thirds to three-fourths of the contract.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:54 PM   #294
MFFL4113

MFFL4113 is on a distinguished road

I dont think people understand...I don't know about the rest of you...but when we signed Chan Ho, sure I was excited to seemoney spent on a pitcher, who, the previous year had been an all star, though I struggle to call him an all star pitcher. But after a week it had occurred to me that we werent getting much, and were mostfully overpaying him, which wasn't too big of a deal at the time because we over paid everyone. But this guy was a around .500 pitcher with the dodgers. Yeah, you could make a case that was better than what we had, but he was a .500 pitcher in the NL! I could have been a .500 pitcher in the nl, pitching, at the time, and still today, one of the best pitchers parks in the majors. Plus he faced a weak 7-8-9 in the lineup, so did you think he would do well in the exact opposite situation. BP in A (at the time) in the AL?
Old 08-28-2004, 10:10 PM   #295
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

They won more games than they did last year. WOW.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:32 AM   #296
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

The Rangers went 7-3 in their last 10 games and STILL lost two games to BOTH Anaheim and Oakland.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:12 PM   #297
ames7
Diamond Member

Um, question. So the game wasn't on TV here today, I was sort of just keeping an eye on it online. Did EY really try to get from 1st to 3rd on a passed ball in the 9th?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:31 PM   #298
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Um, question. So the game wasn't on TV here today, I was sort of just keeping an eye on it online. Did EY really try to get from 1st to 3rd on a passed ball in the 9th?
Yes. It was close actually. Very close. He did look disappointed at his decision to do that.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:49 AM   #299
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

ITS OVER[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/thumbsdown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]

But It was fun while it lasted[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #300
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

fahq, I wish you were wrong but you are right about the fun. I would still watch all their games as long as they do not coincie with cow games or longhorn games.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:28 PM   #301
ames7
Diamond Member

I'm not going to go around saying it's over, but it certainly doesn't look good. The only real shot we have is if we get hot during head-to-head play w/the A's & Angels in the last few weeks. It has been a great run.

Here's what I find unbelievable. I'm in Austin so sports radio here talks Astros a lot. Do you realize they're only 2.5 out of the wildcard? How is it possible, the way the Rangers have played all year & the way the Astros have played all year that they are closer to the playoffs than we are? Man. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2004, 02:23 PM   #302
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

BTW, young was great today. Hopefully our Bullpen takes care of the business.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:56 PM   #303
ames7
Diamond Member

WTF happened to Mahay? It would be devastating to lose this one after leading 8-1.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:41 PM   #304
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Ex-yankee Soriano screws the Red Sox. Rangers win. Young gets the win.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:48 PM   #305
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
WTF happened to Mahay? It would be devastating to lose this one after leading 8-1.
Actually our bullpen has been solid for the most part but I have to say it is not very easy to pitch at Fenway. A foul ball could end up being a homerun.

Old 09-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #306
ames7
Diamond Member

Nice to see Young get his first ML win. He's been yet another of the Ranger's good stories this year. Great outing, especially at Fenway. Is only surprising about Mahay b/c he's been so solid all year.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #307
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

that was close. But in my opinion Fenway park should be banned for professional baseball.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:13 PM   #308
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Its over. Mathematically they can still make it but the way A's and Sox are playing I give rangers a 1% chance to make the playoffs.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:13 PM   #309
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The errors were fricking ridiculous today

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:49 AM   #310
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

For all the good work he has been doing lately, Kenny can't buy a win....The Rangers won, but another no-decision for Mr. Rogers.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #311
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

No problem. The only thing I hate is that A's win when rangers win.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:06 AM   #312
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to mention that they also win when the Rangers lose!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:16 AM   #313
ames7
Diamond Member

After the sweep of Toronto, the Rangers are now 8 games out of Boston in the wildcard, 2 back of Anaheim & 5 back of Oakland w/nothing left but head-to-head vs the AL West. I think it's safe to assume, barring major collapse by the Sox, we are not catching the wild card. So the question becomes, w/only potential full-game swings left... do the Rangers still have a chance?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #314
Drbio
Banned

I think the Rangers are playing for pride at this point. They have exceeded all expectations and I enjoyed watching them for the first time in at least 2-3 years. They are playing baseball the way it should be played. With heart.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:45 PM   #315
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

While I partially agree with you Doc, I still think they are playing for a division... Technically, if they win out against Oakland and Anaheim, this thing is theirs... So regardless if Texas was tied or 5 back, they still can say they have a very good chance of postseason play!!!

Now sure, that involves beating two teams with GREAT pitching staffs, (consisting of many games that are away from Arlington), by making very few mistakes, but to say that this scrappy team CAN'T do it would be insane if you watched them all year...

I give em a very small chance to play in October, but I sure hope they pull it out!!! Go Rangers!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:52 PM   #316
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

one way or an other.....this team has done more than I ever thought possible.

great job young guns!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #317
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

at least it is the Rangers own hands, albiet a hard stretch, but technically they can control their own destiny.
And if they could win the west, they'd go into the postseason with a ton of momentum
Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #318
Just211
Platinum Member

Juan with a double bach to let in a run? terrible.
Lets hope he doesn't lose his head
Old 09-14-2004, 01:00 AM   #319
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I am so unbelievably pissed right now, I am literally hot... To avoid throwing my controller through my new TV took a 5-minute yoga session and 25 pushups... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

You talk about a game that the offense did E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in their power to win for our team only to see the Rangers' bullpen choke on three different occasions...

Un#$^$$%believable!!!

Sleep will be difficult after this!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 01:00 AM   #320
ames7
Diamond Member

That one was punch-to-the-stomach bad. Ugh, I gotta be up at 8 & I stayed up to watch the end since we went up in the 10th. So now I'm depressed AND I've completely screwed myself over in the morning. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]