Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 AM   #281
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Um, no. I wasn't implying that.

Are you sorta connected to the same plane as the rest of us?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 AM   #282
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm out. Before I go I thought I would do something nice for you since you need the help and all.

Here is a picture of your manlove object doing his hair. I know you will havea wet dream of him tonight because of this. your welcome.

Suck it chum. You got exposed a fool again tonight.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 AM   #283
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Yeah chum... Resigning Dirk, Howard, and Terry... those were real cost cutting moves...
It's sort of like something out of bizzarro world.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 AM   #284
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Yeah chum... Resigning Dirk, Howard, and Terry... those were real cost cutting moves...
What are you gonna do? Honestly? Of course you are going to re-sign your own guys (as long as they aren't named Steve Nash!). These are not the moves I am talking about.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:57 AM   #285
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I'm out. Before I go I thought I would do something nice for you since you need the help and all.

Here is a picture of your manlove object doing his hair. I know you will havea wet dream of him tonight because of this. your welcome.

Suck it chum. You got exposed a fool again tonight.
Would you do me a favor and not speak to me by name? I like to keep a certain distance.

Last edited by chumdawg; 12-17-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:57 AM   #286
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
What are you gonna do? Honestly? Of course you are going to re-sign your own guys (as long as they aren't named Steve Nash!). These are not the moves I am talking about.
"Of course you are going to resign your own guys."

Uh... not if saving money is more important to you than winning, you won't.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 AM   #287
chumdawg
Guru

Now, come on. I didn't mean to suggest that Cuban wanted to just shred all payroll.

My position is well established. Cuban won't pay more for staff, to win the title.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:04 AM   #288
Drbio
Banned

Chum's position is firmly on Nash's jock. That is well established.

Goodnight.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 AM   #289
chumdawg
Guru

I thought I already you to stay in the background unless you were shining my shoes. Rest assured, this is eating into your tip.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:09 AM   #290
Drbio
Banned

So predictably lame....so pathetically chum.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:12 AM   #291
chumdawg
Guru

That's it. No tip for you. In fact, you will be lucky if we let you keep your job.

I wouldn't count on it either, shoeshiner.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 AM   #292
Drbio
Banned

Still not as funny as that cute little ignorant "Gooban" trick.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:18 AM   #293
chumdawg
Guru

Don't try to regain face. You are dead to me.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:29 AM   #294
Drbio
Banned

You keep typing words but your posts are full of nothing.

Consistency is a bitch.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:17 AM   #295
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

...somebody start Drbio v. chumdawg deathmatch thread

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #296
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously..... both of you take it to PM's. The rest of us do not need to read this.

Stop.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-17-2006 at 09:12 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #297
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Joe Johnson, Erick Dampier, Peja, Bonzi Wells, the list goes on - and obviously the list gets much longer if you include teams that trade their expiring contracts before the players get a chance to become FA.

If you think owners don't choose not to re-sign their guys on a regular basis, you're just not paying attention.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-17-2006 at 09:16 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #298
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My complex functions look like this:

f(spend like every other owner in the league) = be like every other owner in the league

f(spend more than other owners in the league) = be better than other owners in the league

f(spend more) > f(spend the same)

I know it's not a rigorous proof, but I hope it helps to illustrate the example.
By this logic, since the Mavs are one of only 2 teams over the cap, Cuban has to be one of the 2 best owners in the NBA. And since the only one spending more owns one of the league's worst teams, that makes Cuban the best owner, right?

Its not just how much he spends, but how smart he spends. Personally, I fear AI here would be a mess. The quote from AJ is that it took about 1 minute for him, Donnie and Cuban to agree they didn't need him. Its not just the money, Chum, anymore than the Nash deal was just about the money. Stevie and Nellie had to go for the Mavs to reach the next level... the one that includes defense. That ship sailed long ago, and this argument should have died last June, when Steve was watching Dirk on TV at home with the twins.

If Cuban can get under the cap and have a top contending team, its hard to fault him for that. If he doesn't want to pay 40 million with tax to add AI who may or may not make the team better, no problem for me either. The fact that its proof to you that Cuban in an average owner because he doesnt do somethin wild, expensive and potentially stupid is not a logical conclusion, its an emotional one. Your own logic is what I quoted above. It shows Cuban to be the best. Maybe Peter Holt is better, but Cubes is top five, hands down. Just Admit it.

Can't you see how the hate is clouding your judgement?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #299
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the days when Chum was a valued, informed, interesting poster.

Hell, I miss the days when Chum was a humorous, contrarian poster that would still make you think at times.

BTW, when Cuban stops reducing ticket prices, stops carrying one of the biggest coaching/player development staffs in the league, and lets the Mavs payroll fall out of the top 5, you can talk to me about Cubes being all about the money.

BTW, let's not forget that before this year, Cubes was forced to pay the salary of TWO NBA head coaches, since Chum's cult leader Nellie quit on this team.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #300
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Joe Johnson, Erick Dampier, Peja, Bonzi Wells, the list goes on - and obviously the list gets much longer if you include teams that trade their expiring contracts before the players get a chance to become FA.

If you think owners don't choose not to re-sign their guys on a regular basis, you're just not paying attention.
Thanks for the pickups. I knew there were more examples out there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #301
dude1394
Guru

It seems that myself, jthig32, doc, mary, g-man, fintastic and others are the fans who cubes is using to promote his image by his actions to...

Quote:
Sell your dumb**** fans that you are great!
Old 12-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #302
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Hey if being a sucker for an owner who knows how to dance on the sidelines is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #303
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
By this logic, since the Mavs are one of only 2 teams over the cap, Cuban has to be one of the 2 best owners in the NBA. And since the only one spending more owns one of the league's worst teams, that makes Cuban the best owner, right?

Its not just how much he spends, but how smart he spends. Personally, I fear AI here would be a mess. The quote from AJ is that it took about 1 minute for him, Donnie and Cuban to agree they didn't need him. Its not just the money, Chum, anymore than the Nash deal was just about the money. Stevie and Nellie had to go for the Mavs to reach the next level... the one that includes defense. That ship sailed long ago, and this argument should have died last June, when Steve was watching Dirk on TV at home with the twins.

If Cuban can get under the cap and have a top contending team, its hard to fault him for that. If he doesn't want to pay 40 million with tax to add AI who may or may not make the team better, no problem for me either. The fact that its proof to you that Cuban in an average owner because he doesnt do somethin wild, expensive and potentially stupid is not a logical conclusion, its an emotional one. Your own logic is what I quoted above. It shows Cuban to be the best. Maybe Peter Holt is better, but Cubes is top five, hands down. Just Admit it.

Great Post #1.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #304
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I miss the days when Chum was a valued, informed, interesting poster.

Hell, I miss the days when Chum was a humorous, contrarian poster that would still make you think at times.

BTW, when Cuban stops reducing ticket prices, stops carrying one of the biggest coaching/player development staffs in the league, and lets the Mavs payroll fall out of the top 5, you can talk to me about Cubes being all about the money.

BTW, let's not forget that before this year, Cubes was forced to pay the salary of TWO NBA head coaches, since Chum's cult leader Nellie quit on this team.
Great Post #2.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #305
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary

Great Post #3.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #306
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It seems that myself, jthig32, doc, mary, g-man, fintastic and others are the fans who cubes is using to promote his image by his actions to...
Bunch of sheep.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #307
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Hey if being a sucker for an owner who knows how to dance on the sidelines is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Genius.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:22 PM   #308
amen316

amen316 is on a distinguished road

Iverson is getting up in age but this would make Dallas ....wow this year and next
amen316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #309
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Although talks are proceeding, Sixers not rushing deal
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Allen Iverson might stick around Philadelphia a while longer.

Allen Iverson
Point Guard
Philadelphia 76ers

2007 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
15 31.2 2.7 7.3 .413 .885

Philadelphia 76ers team president Billy King told The Associated Press on Sunday night he would not rush to deal Iverson, the disgruntled former MVP who has drawn heavy trade interest from around the league.

"We never put a timetable on this," King said. "The only timetable I'll put on this is to make the best decision for this franchise for the long haul. We've got to be very methodical as we go through this and do our due diligence. This is not something we're going to rush into."

Iverson was sent home by the Sixers and has been inactive for six straight games after he asked to be traded nearly two weeks ago. King would not say when he expected a trade for Iverson would be completed. It's a transaction that's likely to be complicated because of the nearly $60 million left on Iverson's contract, his frosty relationship with the Sixers, and the fact he's sitting at home.

King said he's received calls from all but two other teams in the league, and they're each interested in either acquiring Iverson or acting as a facilitator for a deal. King said it could take three or four teams to make a trade for Iverson and his 31.2 points per game.

"We've had some great dialogue," King said. "I think the teams out there that we're talking with know exactly what it will take to get it done. We'll keep talking. This is a process where you make a lot of conversation."

Only Memphis has a worse record than the Sixers, who have lost 11 straight games. While the Sixers weren't going to be a playoff team this season, having Iverson around might have at least helped them win a few games during their most wretched stretch since he was a rookie.

King stuck by the Sixers' decision to send Iverson home (with pay) while they actively shopped him.

"Once it was there and out that we were going to trade him, and he had asked to be traded, I felt it was best to keep him out and let the team focus on playing," King said. "It gives me the chance to evaluate our team as we're talking to people. What pieces would fit best to go with the pieces that we have."

The Sixers not only banished Iverson from the team, they took down his nameplate, cleaned out his locker and left his pregame highlight reel on the cutting room floor. King said he would not be pressured to make a trade, even as rumors and possible destinations swirl every hour.

"I'm going to do whatever I can to help this franchise for the long haul," King said.

Deals, he said, "just materialize as you talk and talk."

The Sixers can only hope one appears soon. Playing without their leading scorer and weary of the daily Iverson questions, they've lost 18 of their last 20 games and attendance is plummeting at the Wachovia Center.

"I do believe our guys are competing and playing hard," King said. "I think any time you take a major player that your offense is designed around out of the team, it takes a while for them to adjust."

King said he has not talked to Iverson since the bitter parting, dealing only with agent Leon Rose. And if King could say something to Iverson?

"I'd tell him I'm doing what I think is best for the franchise," King said. "I thank you for everything you've done for us and you'll always be a friend to me."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 AM   #310
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man

I think this is going in the right direction. Cuban saying the money isn't right doesn't automatically translate to "it's too expensive" but rather that the value and the risk is inappropriate.

I'd rep G-Man but he's gotten his weekly allowance.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:13 AM   #311
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking that this thread continues. AI isn't coming, time to move on.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:57 AM   #312
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Boykins could be involved in a deal
Source says guard and Najera to Dallas not a likely scenario

By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News
December 18, 2006
Guard Earl Boykins, one of the Nuggets' most popular players, looks to be on the trading block.

A source said Sunday the chances are "better than 50-50" Boykins will be moved before the Feb. 22 trade deadline. A Western Conference executive who asked not to be identified concurred.

The first source said a deal has been discussed that would send Boykins and Nuggets forward Eduardo Najera to Dallas in a three-team trade that would facilitate the Nuggets getting Philadelphia star Allen Iverson. However, the executive called that a "long shot."

Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien declined comment.

Nuggets coach George Karl is said to like the 5-foot-5 Boykins but that new management does not value him as much as the old regime.

The Nuggets also don't want to lose Boykins for nothing. He is expected to opt out of his $3 million contract next summer and become a free agent.

Boykins could ask for $5 million in free agency. If the Nuggets are above the luxury tax threshold, that would be the equivalent of $10 million.

There apparently have been discussions about Boykins and Najera going to Dallas, Mavericks forward Austin Croshere to Philadelphia, and the Nuggets also sending Joe Smith and two first-round picks to the 76ers for Iverson. However, it's debatable how serious they have been.

While the executive did not foresee that deal happening, the executive did say the Mavericks sought to reacquire Najera last summer, but the Nuggets wouldn't move him.

The executive called Denver the Iverson front-runner. However, the executive does not foresee anything happening quickly. That view was shared by 76ers president Billy King, who told The Associated Press he will be "methodical" in his dealings.

"We never put a timetable on this," King said. "The only timetable I'll put on this is to make the best decision for this franchise for the long haul."

The executive said the Nuggets also have spoken to Chicago, Seattle, Memphis and Portland, who have players with big expiring contracts, about getting involved in a possible three-team deal for Iverson. The executive said much of Philadelphia's current energy is being spent trying to get guard Shaun Livingston from the Clippers, although it's a long shot.

Meanwhile, Karl does not appear optimistic about the Nuggets getting Iverson.

"I spoke to Mark (Warkentien on Friday), and he said it seemed like it was dying down," Karl told -ESPN.com Saturday night.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #313
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

I LOVE THAT TRADE!!!

if we gave up cro/his contract for earl boykins and najera, that would just be an incredible deal
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #314
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boykins could ask for $5 million in free agency.
Are you kidding me?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:48 PM   #315
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
I LOVE THAT TRADE!!!

if we gave up cro/his contract for earl boykins and najera, that would just be an incredible deal
good deal yes, but it puts AI in the west...no dice
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #316
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
good deal yes, but it puts AI in the west...no dice
He's going to the west anyway. Either get something out of it or not.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #317
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how all the suspensions will affect Denver's pursuit of Iverson.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #318
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Man, I love this trade scenario! Boykins takes AJ2's minutes too. I love both Boykins and Eddie. It'd be too good to be true.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #319
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

are we trying to assemble the league's smallest backcourt?

we are already undersized as it is, i don't see what adding boykins is going to accomplish adding to our growing cast of undersized midgets:
harris/terry/johnson/buckner/ager

what is this? the all 6'3" and under backcourt?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #320
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
are we trying to assemble the league's smallest backcourt?

we are already undersized as it is, i don't see what adding boykins is going to accomplish adding to our growing cast of undersized midgets:
harris/terry/johnson/buckner/ager

what is this? the all 6'3" and under backcourt?
Is he shorter than jj?