Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #281
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Texas Rangers 05!

Its not just one mistake. Rogers has been a turd all season and there have been multiple incidents, just none as serious as tonight.

He has some serious issues, and its stupid to defend him.

I root for him as a Ranger because I want them to win games, so it is a real shame he had to go nutso like this.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2005, 12:19 AM   #282
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

What do you want to bet he only gets something like a fine plus a suspension from his next start, which he didn't want to pitch anyway b/c of the pinky? The wagon-circling began as soon as it happened.

At least we won. I know you can't really say a game in June is a must-win, but it felt like one.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:25 AM   #283
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

This behavior wouldn't be excusable from someone half his age, but he is 40 freakin' years old.

Kenny, GROW THE F*** UP and be a leader. Yes, you were upset they released Drese. And the last month has sucked royally. But are you going to ruin an All-Star caliber year with this anger s***?!
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 01:31 AM   #284
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Does anyone know what Kenny's trade value might be?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 01:52 AM   #285
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, think about how much higher it was about 2 starts ago. Since then, he's been injured, gotten shelled in his last outing, proven himself to be a bona fide head case & exposed himself & the team to possible criminal charges. Plus, he's still 40 years old and has a reputation for breaking down in the second half. Great! [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 04:18 AM   #286
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Wow, think about how much higher it was about 2 starts ago. Since then, he's been injured, gotten shelled in his last outing, proven himself to be a bona fide head case & exposed himself & the team to possible criminal charges. Plus, he's still 40 years old and has a reputation for breaking down in the second half. Great! [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
at least he doesn't have the no-trade clause that he had a couple years ago that he used when we tried to trade him for a handful of prospects from St Louis.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:31 AM   #287
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I will still stand by my assertion that he's a nice guy. I met him this fall...when no media was around. He was at a 11-12 year old (i think) fall ball tournament at those fields by Ameriquest. I bet he stuck around and signed 100 baseballs for those kids and their parents. He took the time to talk to everyone who asked him anything, and it was always with a smile on his face. I walked with him on my way to the car and it was like talkin to a family friend. You can tell the man has been around public scrutiny for a long time...he knows how to handle a stranger. He talked to me about the year they had, how cool it was getting the gold glove, etc...the only thing he wouldnt' hint at was whether or not he'd come back and pitch again, and he did that with humor. He was like.."hmm, I don't know. What do you think I should do?"...then he laughed. Dude shook my hand, wished me luck in school, and said "nice meeting you, josh" as he walked away.

Sure, he made a mistake...but I don't know, I just can't overlook that afternoon last November.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #288
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
This behavior wouldn't be excusable from someone half his age, but he is 40 freakin' years old.
Let alone a "professional athlete"...............on an afternoon in June.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #289
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This 99-degree heat is enough to drive anyone crazy.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #290
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Ocelot- I appreciate stories like that but you know what...there are tons of similar stories about Mike Tyson, Barry Bonds, and other lightning rod athletes.

I hate Kenny. The Rangers should cut him and damn the consequences. His actions are not explainable period. There is no way to justify it. Thank God that Hicks came out and said as much. This is not the exception with Rogers unfortunately. He has blown up his whole career when he hasn't gotten his way. How soon we forget how he bashed the Rangers when they let him go via free agency a few years ago. He even ridiculed the clubhouse staff for goodness sakes. He is a no class turd that should be immediately removed from our beloved Rangers. I'd rather finish last with honor and integrity than to to finish second with that piece of cowshit eating bastard.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #291
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Born: November 10, 1964, Savannah, GA
Full Name: Kenneth Scott Rogers
College: None
Experience: 16 years
2005 Salary: $3,338,758

Anyone making this kind of salary can afford to practice some decorum.

link
Old 06-30-2005, 04:24 PM   #292
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Sweet win today in spite of the Kenny fiasco.
A solid outing by Young, he even struck out his nemesis - Vlad - then gave up the homers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Good to see some bombs dropping over the fences for us again.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #293
Drbio
Banned

Young will be pitching in Ranger red for years to come.......and I couldn't be happier. He is the anti-kenny...a man with class.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:36 PM   #294
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Is it Ranger Red or Blue now? I keep having to buy new hats.
Every time I watch the Rangers play the Angels out here, I look incognito because my Rangers hat is red.
The locals think I'm trying to trick them and fit in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 05:43 PM   #295
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

There was the MOST annoying Angel fan at the game last night. He was of course, drunk, and looked about as white trash as can be. (He had to be drunk because he was trying to piss off about 30,000 people. But when Sori hit the game winning single he just slunk out..it was great [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW I finally saw the video footage of Rogers and I have to say it really didn't look THAT bad. The pictures are much worse. From the way they were talking about him on the ticket today I thought he nearly killed the guy. Obviously it was a stupid move by an obviously unstable guy, but it wasn't THAT bad. JUST my opinion though.
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:45 PM   #296
ames7
Diamond Member

I cannot believe I didn't play Mench on my fantasy team today! That's so depressing.

Tex now up to 22 HR, I'm pretty sure that's leading both leagues. He's got to have a great shot at being invited to the HR derby.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #297
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

National League
Jones 25
Lee 23
Floyd 21
Dunn 20
Ensberg 20
Lee 20
Pujols 20

American League
Tex 22
Arod 20
Soriano 20

close, but not quite. Go Big Tex

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:11 PM   #298
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Andruw Jones is having a great year...wow.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #299
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Being at the game yesterday was so much fun. I was just in awe at how well they hit all game. The last game I went to was a no-homer loss to the Yankees last season.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #300
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Buckethead's homeruns in 3 consecutive innings was about the most amazing thing I've seen all week.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #301
ames7
Diamond Member

20 game suspension + $50K fine for Kenny. A little more than I thought they'd go, although I think the Rangers don't look good deferring to Selig & MLB on this. Guess we'll be seeing a lot more of Way Back Wasdin.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #302
Drbio
Banned

Hicks and the Rangers had no choice but to defer to MLB on this one. The incident happened on field which by terms of the CBA makes it a mlb issue.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #303
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

In a somewhat sad coincidence, Frankie Francisco was sentenced today for throwing the chair. He was sentenced to 30 days to work detail, a 179-day suspended sentence, and six months of weekly anger management classes.

Maybe the Rangers can get a group rate somewhere [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 07-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #304
Drbio
Banned

LOL mary
Old 07-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #305
ames7
Diamond Member

It is infuriating that there is no one on the bench to send in for Hidalgo in a 2-1 game w/the tying man on base. What a frustrating loss.

EDIT: BUT! The good news is, 4 Rangers made the All Star team: Tex, Soriano, MY & Kenny. I am thinking maybe Kenny will bow out. Is too bad Blalock didn't make it this year, it's not really b/c of performance. Ditto Mench.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #306
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

is tex starting?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #307
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
is tex starting?
Yes. He is the only Ranger voted into a starting position.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #308
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

who is starting at 2nd?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #309
Drbio
Banned

No. Who's on first. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #310
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
who is starting at 2nd?
Brian Roberts, Baltimore
Old 07-09-2005, 01:10 AM   #311
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

man did Delucci's eye surgery go bad? 4 strikeouts tonight?
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #312
ames7
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Scoobay
man did Delucci's eye surgery go bad? 4 strikeouts tonight?
That's his second 4-K game of the year apparently. But you know, I think I can live w/those nights occassionally as long as he's going to keep hitting homers & walking the rest of the time. We simply don't have other options at leadoff.

BTW, TREMENDOUS comeback win last night. Felt like last year's team for a moment.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #313
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

LOL - that "defense" of the Blue Jays last night was fun to watch.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #314
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

don't look now, but we're only 5 games out as badly as it seems that we had been playing lately. Tex is on a tear...
Why is is that Cordero never seems to have an outing where he doesn't allow a baserunner? gave up 3 runs today again...
can't complain though - still fighting and hanging close!
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:59 PM   #315
ames7
Diamond Member

I thought this was cool. Edison Volquez--"Little Pedro"--gets the win at today's All Star Futures Game. Danks won last year, I believe.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #316
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
who is starting at 2nd?
Brian Roberts, Baltimore
thanks Doc, you smell.

Old 07-11-2005, 11:03 PM   #317
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

why does espn have to have a headline, "rogers: the stubborn allstar"? Hasn't he taken enough flak. I mean, dang, he didn't starve children or anything. He has allstar numbers. He's apologized. What more do people want from him? I know he called himself stubborn, but I hate when sports news jumps all over the negative stories until the last drop of enjoyment can be had from it.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #318
ames7
Diamond Member

Pretty good ASG for the Rangers. Nice homer off Dontrelle Willis for Tex, a double for Young, & Kenny... well, he blew the shutout, but I think it was gutsy to give that interview after his appearance.

Tex looked so excited. Good for him.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #319
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Tex should have got the MVP (and car). But Tejada got it. Tex had a 2run shot, and great deafensive play though
Old 07-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #320
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
why does espn have to have a headline, "rogers: the stubborn allstar"? Hasn't he taken enough flak. I mean, dang, he didn't starve children or anything. He has allstar numbers. He's apologized. What more do people want from him? I know he called himself stubborn, but I hate when sports news jumps all over the negative stories until the last drop of enjoyment can be had from it.
1. A very broad spectrum lies between not acting like an a-hole and "starving children". I guess unless you starve children, you can always say "Hey! At least I didn't starve children". No points are awarded for not starving children, and no points should be awarded for actling like an a-hole.

2. Roger's "punishment" will be 4 extra days off WITH PAY. You won't see me shedding any tears for him.

3. Here we are at the All-Star break just 5 games back. Which wouldn't seem so bad, except now Buck will have to try to patch up an already thin rotation because the ace of your staff acted like a jerk. Who's REALLY being punished here?

4. How much enjoyment will you get in the upcoming weeks, if the A's make their run and pass the Rangers in the standings?