Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #281
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty much a farm league virgin so any info is good for me....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #282
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Nix a couple feet from going the opposite for his third hr of the ngiht...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-28-2006, 09:28 AM   #283
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Wasdin and Senreisio have been waived today.

Kind of a surprise.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #284
sike
The Preacha

Is Nix a threat to Wilkerson's playing time???

Old 03-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #285
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Nix is a threat to no one, he will more likely be in triple A this year, unless more people get hurt and he has to play. But then I would rather have Botts up here getting time. Lance has had his chance. it is time to part ways with him,
Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #286
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
Nix is a threat to no one, he will more likely be in triple A this year, unless more people get hurt and he has to play. But then I would rather have Botts up here getting time. Lance has had his chance. it is time to part ways with him,
7 RBI last night....

Old 03-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #287
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Every spring training that comes along, Nix does great, then he gets to regular season and fizzles out. He goes into slumps that never end. He always does well in the ST. He needs to prove it in the Majors now.

edit: ST is about trying to fill out your rotation and get the young guys that were in the minors last year some proving ground in ST.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 03-28-2006 at 11:49 AM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #288
sike
The Preacha

I agree...but he can't prove it in the majors if hes "in triple A this year"
I ask because I really like Wilkerson's game and I want him to get all the pt he can....

Old 03-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #289
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

yeah, I agree too, but now Wilkerson is hurt and it is the same shoulder that took him out last year.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #290
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Is Nix a threat to Wilkerson's playing time???
Nix is a threat to Wilkerson not being the CF. It would be ideal for the Rangers if Wilkerson was playing one of the corner outfield spots with Nix manning CF. I am absolutely 100% positive that that's what the Rangers are hoping will happen.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #291
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Nix is a threat to Wilkerson not being the CF. It would be ideal for the Rangers if Wilkerson was playing one of the corner outfield spots with Nix manning CF. I am absolutely 100% positive that that's what the Rangers are hoping will happen.
taking who's spot? Certainly not mench right?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #292
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Rangers would ideally like to have Nix, Mench, and Wilk starting in the OF. Dellucci would be rotated in on a very regular basis subbing in for each of the starting outfielders as well as Nevin.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #293
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The Rangers would ideally like to have Nix, Mench, and Wilk starting in the OF. Dellucci would be rotated in on a very regular basis subbing in for each of the starting outfielders as well as Nevin.
would this in any way make you nervous about selecting Wilkerson in fantasy?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:21 PM   #294
Murphy3
Guru

No, not at all. Wilkerson's shoulder would make me nervous...but, if healthy, the guy will get 550-600 plate appearances this season at the least.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #295
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I said it earlier, assuming he is healthy wilkerson will be one of the top 10 players in the al this year. Nix is in now way shape or form a threat to wilk. Wilkerson isnt a centerfielder. He can play there if he needs to BUT he isnt one. The ideal outfield for the rangers is Wilkerson in right nix in center and mench in left. I would like to unload mench if we could find a gm that values him half as highly as half the rangers fans do but since that wont happen he is a solid outfielder who isnt a liability defensively.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #296
FahQ

FahQ will become famous soon enoughFahQ will become famous soon enough

Anyone want to join a fantasy baseball league on Yahoo? I created one for this site. The league ID number is 301499, or its called Dallas-Mavs. The password is Mavs if you need it. The draft date is on the 2nd at 1:30 PM if thats OK with everyone.
FahQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #297
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

You know, my instincts are to continue to be mad at Rangers management for continuing to act as if they will reward JuanDom the 5th starter spot over their cold, dead bodies, but he really isn't helping my cause. Line from today's start: 4 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3BB. Sigh. I still think his performance down the stretch last year should logically buy him a shot, but I don't think it's going to happen. =\

At least Dickey tanked today too.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #298
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Chris Young has an 11.40
spring ERA for the Padres, allowing the Cactus League to hit .379 off him.
He's uncharacteristically walked 11 while fanning just eight in 15 frames.
San Diego is also concerned that outfielder Terrmel Sledge may not be ready
for Opening Day, as he's fighting through an assortment of minor dings.
He's hitting an outstanding .318/.400/.545 in 22 camp at-bats.
Anyone still think the Eaton trade was a bust?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #299
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I loved chris young but he was never meant to last for long as a starter that said anyone that thinks spring success translates into season success should remember darren oliver. He was great in the spring. Not so much in the regular season.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #300
Five-ofan
Guru

BTW for the password for the league above, the M in mavs is lowercase. 301499 pword mavs.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #301
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Anyone still think the Eaton trade was a bust?
What exactley has Eaton done?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #302
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
What exactley has Eaton done?
Be hurt
Old 03-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #303
Drbio
Banned

Eaton continues to be > Young.

I liked Young, but our fans just waaaaaaay overvalued him.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #304
Five-ofan
Guru

Yep he was the pitching version of kevin mench.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 AM   #305
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I liked Young alot, and hope that Eaton pays huge dividends, and stays another year after his contract is up.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:30 AM   #306
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Yep he was the pitching version of kevin mench.

I actually kind of like that.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #307
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Are we really going to start this again?

You can say that Young only did it one year, fine. That's undeniable. You can also say that Young may never be that good again. That's certainly possible. But you can NOT say, that, at any point, Eaton was/is a better pitcher than Young. The stats just aren't there.

In fact, it would probably make more sense to start using Otsuka as the example of why the trade was good for us. That actually has a chance of becoming true. Your opinion of Eaton is about to drop like a rock, IMHO.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-29-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #308
Drbio
Banned

Eaton > Young. Period.

Last edited by Drbio; 03-29-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #309
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Eaton has better stuff. Period.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:06 PM   #310
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Eaton has better stuff. Period.
Certainly you will admit that this does not make him a better pitcher, right?

BTW, the #5 spot is officially Dickey's.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=tex

Depressing news in my opinion, but Dominguez certainly didn't earn a spot in ST this year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #311
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I will definitely admit that; however, in this case I believe Eaton is both a better pitcher and has better stuff.

Regarding Dickey, I will hold my opinion on this move until the end April. I will give him a few starts to see how good that knuckle ball is before I say this is a tragedy. It is unfortunate that no one really won it and the selection was based on RA's ability to throw that knuckle ball, but hey, like you said, Dominguez definitely didn't deserve it and Volquez is still too raw.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #312
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Juan Dom and Edison have just been sent to triple A Oklahoma. Looks like Dickey is 5th spot
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #313
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Juan Dom and Edison have just been sent to triple A Oklahoma. Looks like Dickey is 5th spot
You're late slick!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #314
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

how about I take all your titles. HA.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #315
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
how about I take all your titles. HA.
Now that is truly funny... Whew... Gotta whip the tears away on that one!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #316
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

yeah that was pretty funny, then I thought, damn I would have to give up my life to spend that much time to get all those titles. HAHA
Old 03-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #317
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
yeah that was pretty funny, then I thought, damn I would have to give up my life to spend that much time to get all those titles. HAHA
Nah... Didn't take long at all actually. It says I spent all those hours but in reality I didn't spend much more time than the dude in 2nd place. I just took titles that required weeks of the game running in the background which added all those hours up. But don't try to cop out that way. If you aren't good enough, just admit it!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #318
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.beloblog.com/sportssay/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Evan Grant reports ...

Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey should open the season as the Rangers’ fifth starter after the team optioned Juan Dominguez and Edinson Volquez to Class AAA Oklahoma today.
SIGH.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #319
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

doesn't really matter, everyone will eventually get a chance. I wish it wasn't that way , but we all know there will be multiple # 5's, and probably #4's,

and probably #3's,

but hopefully not #2's and #1's . HOPEFULLY
Old 03-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #320
ames7
Diamond Member

Interesting note though... JD's moves continue to look good as Philly releases RicRod today, meaning we essentially got Padilla for nothing.