Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #281
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Jerry said that they had Lee rated in the top half of the first round. Wow.
that sounds like talk.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #282
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

On Lee:

Pros: Excellent football intelligence. Quickly diagnoses plays and gets into position. Disciplined and can be counted on to carry out assignment. Sniffs out screens and draws. A strong and consistent wrap up tackler. Displays excellent technique and breaks down in the open field.

Cons: Shows some tightness in hips and struggles with any sudden change of direction. Closing burst is adequate at best and doesn't have sideline-to-sideline range. However lack of fluidity and burst make him a liability in man coverage. Times blitzes well but lacks the closing speed to consistently get to the quarterback.

In other words, he is white.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #283
sike
The Preacha

The guy on NFL Network said that Lee is "One of the most underrated players in this draft"...and that he should fit great in the Dallas D. It said on his player profile that he should be an immediate starter.

I don't know anything about the kid, but that was encouraging.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #284
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Along with us apparently Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New England had him as a 1st round grade LB which is good company to be in.

Wade expects him to fill Carpenter's role immediately and to relieve Brooking/James. I wonder what it'll be like if ESPN brings Carpenter to see what his thoughts are on the pick, him and the other ESPN favorite crayton will soon be gone.

I would've liked Ducasse or Burnett, but apparently we're after NO Tackle Jamaal Brown and Atogwe from St Louis.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #285
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
The guy on NFL Network said that Lee is "One of the most underrated players in this draft"...and that he should fit great in the Dallas D. It said on his player profile that he should be an immediate starter.

I don't know anything about the kid, but that was encouraging.
The Goose had him at 38 on his Top 100 board, and he also said that he'll probably get to start at some point this season.

So that's a pretty good sign as well.

Also, Wade seemed really happy with this pick, which is a very good sign. If there is one thing he knows about (besides pie), it's linebackers.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 04-24-2010 at 12:26 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #286
sike
The Preacha

Player Profile on Sean Lee

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...;pageContainer

Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #287
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
The Goose had him at 38 on his Top 100 board, and he also said that he'll probably get to start at some point this season.

Also, Wade seemed really happy with this pick, which is a very good sign. If there is one thing knows about (besides pie), it's linebackers.
great to hear

Old 04-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #288
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Also, Wade seemed really happy with this pick, which is a very good sign. If there is one thing knows about (besides pie), it's linebackers.
"Besides pie"...that's funny!

I hate losing picks down the line, because I love to check out and root for the new players--probably even especially the later round guys. But I also love the ballsiness to take a stand and give whatever you have to give to get the guy you want. In fact, whenever I'm reading up on the draft and getting all excited about the potential the second round, I always think it would be cool to parlay all your draft picks somehow into like five #2's and then roll from there. (Evidently NE does something not too dissimilar.)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #289
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

More trade rumors heating up...

Quote:
Crayton, Hurd Asking To Be Traded

link

IRVING, Texas - Following the Cowboys' selection of wide receiver Dez Bryant with their first-round pick on Thursday, wide receivers Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have asked to be traded.

A FOXSports.com report Friday said the Cowboys have also called other teams in an attempt to trade defensive end Marcus Spears and linebacker Bobby Carpenter. After Friday's second and third rounds were completed, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed the two receivers were on the block.

"Those would be probably bottom half of today and third-day picks," Jones said. "We'd be looking for some threes there. From about 8 o'clock (Friday) night down."

With the selection of Bryant, only the second receiver the Cowboys have chosen in the first round during the Jones era, the writing was on the wall for two players who came to the team with much less fanfare. Crayton was a seventh-round pick in 2004 from tiny Northwest Oklahoma State, while Northern Illinois' Hurd came in as an undrafted free agent in 2006.

Crayton rose from promising sleeper to trusted No. 2 receiver, all the while giving the team value as a punt returner. In six seasons with the Cowboys he has 196 catches for 2,888 yards with 23 touchdowns, returning two punts for scores in 2009. Hurd has 31 catches in four seasons, but has been one of the team's most consistent special teams players.

Jones said he was willing to honor their wishes for a trade, but didn't guarantee a move would be made.

"Both of those receivers I have such respect for," Jones said. "And I know what they've given to our team and what they may give to the team in the future. I respect their sensitivity and I understand that. We all, I think, should understand when Dez Bryant enters the scene that that's competition."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:27 AM   #290
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Hurd and Crayton will be missed but if they want to leave for a bigger role elsewhere you can't fault them. This team will miss Crayton's reliability and Hurd's special team play. But with the pick of Dez Bryant it made both expendable. Especially Crayton. I believe Crayton has slid under Ogletree in the depth chart. The next position to see a trade demand is the running back. I think Choice is the next one to demand a trade. It sucks because IMO he may be our most reliable back on the team. But a healthy Barber is exactly what we need to compliment a healthy Felix. But the keywords here are "healthy".
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:38 AM   #291
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Am I the only one who sees Roy falling like a rock on the depth chart? If Dez starts, I think the Cowboys would rather have Crayton or maybe even Ogletree as the third wide receiver since they are much better fits in the slot than Roy is.

Things are about to get VERY interesting for Roy...
I see something really wierd happening this season. With the talk of Roy and Romo practicing a lot with each other this season and Miles out in California I just have a feeling that Miles may enter the sophomore slump"(I know this isn't his second year really) and Roy will end up being the possession receiver we thought we were getting from Detroit. I think Roy benefits the most from the Dez acquisition. And I hope i'm wrong about Miles. I'm just not sold on him yet. He's a Pro Bowler. I should be right? But Roy was also a Pro Bowler. I just gotta see more from the guy. Until I do I think this receiving core is still suspect. But it does have the potential to be the scariest in the league. I don't see how you can even blitz Romo when he's in a 3 receiver set with Witten at tight end. If Miles is the Pro Bowler we all witnessed last season, Roy stops with the drops and Dez becomes our contributing rookie? This is going to be a GREAT year to be a Cowboy fan and frankly it won't matter how good our defense is because we'll be putting up atleast 30 a game. Left tackle though. I wonder what's the chance of us re-signing Flozell for insurance?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #292
sike
The Preacha

With Austin, Williams, Bryant, Ogletree...there just isn't room for Crayton (and there wasn't ever room for Hurd) So it only makes sense.

I always really liked Crayton...he was a VERY good #3.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #293
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys just made another very good selection - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah. He's a cornerback, but he's got the size to switch to free safety, which is where I expect the Cowboys to work him as soon as he gets in. Has all the tools to be an excellent safety, but he's a little bit of a project.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #294
FINtastic
Diamond Member

This is turning out to be an excellent draft for the Cowboys. The only downside is that they haven't added any offensive line depth. Hopefully we can address that through free agency. But honestly, I can't think of much else that really needs to be addressed at this point, and the Cowboys even have some trade pieces to work with if they want to address offensive line depth that way.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #295
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is turning out to be an excellent draft for the Cowboys. The only downside is that they haven't added any offensive line depth. Hopefully we can address that through free agency. But honestly, I can't think of much else that really needs to be addressed at this point, and the Cowboys even have some trade pieces to work with if they want to address offensive line depth that way.
Well they are happy with their o-line so i'm thinking all we need is depth at this point. They'll be some linemen out there who can backup our guys but I don't see us picking up a starter. But I wonder what happens if Gaither from the Ravens and Atogwe from the Rams come available? Are the Cowboys that secure at safety and left tackle that they'd pass up solid starters?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #296
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Well they are happy with their o-line so i'm thinking all we need is depth at this point. They'll be some linemen out there who can backup our guys but I don't see us picking up a starter. But I wonder what happens if Gaither from the Ravens and Atogwe from the Rams come available? Are the Cowboys that secure at safety and left tackle that they'd pass up solid starters?
Is Sharper still available? I think he'd be a nice guy for just one season while you groom Akwasi.

As long as they add some solid depth along the offensive line, I'd be satisfied. I'm a little scared about Free at left tackle, but he did play fine at right tackle last season so I'm willing to give him a chance.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #297
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Oh and the Cowboys were able to trade down seven picks, still get their guy in Akwasi, and pick up a sixth rounder in the process.

Can't be upset about that at all.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #298
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Is Sharper still available? I think he'd be a nice guy for just one season while you groom Akwasi.

As long as they add some solid depth along the offensive line, I'd be satisfied. I'm a little scared about Free at left tackle, but he did play fine at right tackle last season so I'm willing to give him a chance.

I'm also scared of Free at left tackle. He may be a solid linemen in this league but he's now all of sudden guarding the teams best pass rusher now. I can't even imagine him against guys like Jared Allen. But the Cowboys like him and they've been rarely wrong when it comes to the progression of players within their roster.

And yea Sharper is still out there. I don't know why. I'm guessing its a wait and see approach. Either from him or GM's around the league.

I wonder do the Cowboys take a chance on Lagarrette Bount if he's sitting there with their last pick in the 7th round? We don't need a running back. Especially a disgruntled one but I wonder how high is he on the Cowboys board if he is even up there at all. Does this guy go in the 1st or 2nd round without the incident he had last season?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #299
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I'm a little scared about Free at left tackle, but he did play fine at right tackle last season so I'm willing to give him a chance.
He just got gobbled up against The Vikings in the playoff game...I know its not fair to hold that against him...but DANG he was bad.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #300
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
He just got gobbled up against The Vikings in the playoff game...I know its not fair to hold that against him...but DANG he was bad.
That's why I was shocked to see Flo cut. How could you come away from that Vikings game especially after Flo went down and feel good about your O-line going into next season?
Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #301
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
How could you come away from that Vikings game especially after Flo went down and feel good about your O-line going into next season?
agreed. Especially when people are saying that Free isn't a left tackle.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #302
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
agreed. Especially when people are saying that Free isn't a left tackle.
A lot of people say that Free is better suited for left tackle than he is for right tackle.

Free is pretty athletic, which you need to play at left tackle in this league because that position faces more speed rushers. Unfortunately he is a little lacking in strength at this point as well.

What I will say in Free's defense is that the Minnesota playoff game was an absolutely horrible situation for him to get thrown into the fire. First of all, he hadn't really had a ton of reps at left tackle all season. Second, he had to go against one of the best bull rushers in the whole league in Jared Allen. Finally, he has to do all this in the deafening noise of the Metrodome. So it wasn't a very good situation for Free and maybe not indicative of his true ability.

Also Free wasn't having a good game by any means, but the guy who was truly getting dominated was Colombo. The only answer Colombo had for Edwards was Edwards injuring his knee.

But I will say that it does scare me that every bull rusher we face is going to have me fearing for Romo's life until Free shows me he can deal with them effectively.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 04-24-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #303
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I am also seeing rumors that Flo might be coming back. Not sure if there's any truth to these. Just something to keep an eye out for.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #304
sike
The Preacha

Fin, I agree you can't judge Free's future at the position off of that one game...but dang that was a bad 1 game.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #305
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Could not disagree more, Free was possibly the best lineman in the Vikings game. The entire line was bad, but it wasn't Jared Allen who killed us (1 sack...I remember it, he just beat Witten around the corner. It was supposed to be a double team, Free and Witten, but obviously Witten was outside and Free didn't get back or maybe he picked someone else up, I don't remember. But I do remember it wasn't on Free). The guy who killed us was that no name across from Allen, who had, what, 3 sacks? He was matched up 1 on 1 with Columbo (because all the help was going to Allen) and Columbo couldn't take him with the injury and all. He wasn't himself.

I don't really know who exactly was the problem, or if the line just didn't show up, but the blame certainly doesn't rest solely on Free by any means. Its fine if you think he was atrocious, as long as you think the rest of the line was too.

Here's Bob Sturm's breakdown of the sacks. After rereading that...well, yeah, Free wasn't that great. But it wasn't all him. The Vikings were getting pressure from every side, up the middle...everywhere.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #306
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Yeah Colombo was the one who probably made Ray Edwards $10 million on his next contract. Edwards had 3 sacks against Colombo, and that's despite having a knee injury midway through the third quarter that sidelined him for the rest of the game. Colombo was by far the worst OL that afternoon.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #307
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Did we need to get a cover safety? I thought we did, but maybe I was mistaken...

Can't wait for Foosball season again.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #308
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Did we need to get a cover safety? I thought we did, but maybe I was mistaken...

Can't wait for Foosball season again.
Well the Cowboys have Mike Hamlin and Ball to try out at that spot if they don't make any more additions. Akwasi should eventually slide into that spot, but he's about a year away from being able to contribute at safety. So if you aren't comfortable with what Hamlin or Ball bring to the table, then yeah you probably want to pick up a free agent at some point in the near future.

I can't wait for some foosball to start up again, even if it is the debil.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #309
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I don't really know who exactly was the problem, or if the line just didn't show up, but the blame certainly doesn't rest solely on Free by any means. Its fine if you think he was atrocious, as long as you think the rest of the line was too.

Here's Bob Sturm's breakdown of the sacks. After rereading that...well, yeah, Free wasn't that great. But it wasn't all him. The Vikings were getting pressure from every side, up the middle...everywhere.
what made you think I was placing the blame solely one Free? I was merely only commenting on Free. There was more than enough blame to go around on that day. The entire O line just folded like a tent.

Last edited by sike; 04-25-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #310
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, Free was pretty bad that day.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #311
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to Dez talk...I heard Miles is pretty happy about having a good 2nd WR opposite him, not some scrub like RW11. He was smiling pretty big about it.

tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #312
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Back to Dez talk...I heard Miles is pretty happy about having a good 2nd WR opposite him, not some scrub like RW11. He was smiling pretty big about it.
link?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #313
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well the Cowboys have Mike Hamlin and Ball to try out at that spot if they don't make any more additions. Akwasi should eventually slide into that spot, but he's about a year away from being able to contribute at safety. So if you aren't comfortable with what Hamlin or Ball bring to the table, then yeah you probably want to pick up a free agent at some point in the near future.

I can't wait for some foosball to start up again, even if it is the debil.
i think they'll make a play for OJ Atogwe or maybe Darren Sharper.

I'd like to see them trade from the OT up in Baltimore...his name escapes me right now.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #314
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Dez Bryant on the ticket right now.. he sounds hung over or something. all his answers seem emotional and frankly he sounds low-iq. i hope I am misreading this, anyone else get the same feeling?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #315
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

I've heard he's not the brightest bulb in the pack. I think that was one of his biggest drawbacks...he had trouble learning the playbook.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #316
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I have actually heard that he was all Academic Big 12 (or something to that nature). Which means he had a GPA of at least 3.0. While that doesn't mean he's a super-genius, at least he was in class doing work. Now of course he could have taken all blow-off classes, but that hasn't stopped some other athletes from posting worse.

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-foot...ant_dez00.html

I will admit that he doesn't come across as very well-spoken.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #317
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will admit that he doesn't come across as very well-spoken.
Well, good thing he's a jock and not a coach - he has the luxury of being allowed to speak in clichés:

"one game at a time"

"just gonna do my thing"

"I feel blessed to have won a Super Bowl with the Dallas Cowboys"....

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #318
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That sounds very well spoken to my ears.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #319
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Can he communicate as well as Michael Irvin...or is it about what they do on the field that matters at this point?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #320
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Well, good thing he's a jock and not a coach - he has the luxury of being allowed to speak in clichés:

I sure hope that becomes cliche again.

We're counting on you Dez!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Tags
cowboys, cowfluffs, dallas, deep thoughts by fluffy, dezbians, draft, off-season