Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2024, 01:34 AM   #281
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
i know he's got a huge contract but would Ben simmons work here?
We need all the Aussies but aside from that could he be a small ball big for us? he does a lot of other things we need including defense, rebounding, and handles

This won't be a popular opinion but I think Simmons at PF would be a similar type of pickup and fit here that Denver got with Arron Gordon.

I personally don't care about his lack of 3 point shooting because I'm sick of this team jacking up 3's anyway and bricking them.

What he does add is elite defense and ball handling to your front court.

I think him and Lively together makes Dallas immediately a better rebounding team over night. In fact with Luka and Kyrie here Simmons would actually be that 3rd ball handler they've been missing since Dinwiddie got shipped out.

If they ended up with both Simmons and DFS they would have the size up front to finally matchup with bigger teams like Minnesota, Denver and LA Clippers.

Those 3 teams always bully Dallas because the mavs are too small to matchup.

I'd love to roll into the playoffs with Lively, Simmons, DFS, Kyrie and Luka
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2024, 01:48 AM   #282
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
This won't be a popular opinion but I think Simmons at PF would be a similar type of pickup and fit here that Denver got with Arron Gordon.

I personally don't care about his lack of 3 point shooting because I'm sick of this team jacking up 3's anyway and bricking them.

What he does add is elite defense and ball handling to your front court.

I think him and Lively together makes Dallas immediately a better rebounding team over night. In fact with Luka and Kyrie here Simmons would actually be that 3rd ball handler they've been missing since Dinwiddie got shipped out.

If they ended up with both Simmons and DFS they would have the size up front to finally matchup with bigger teams like Minnesota, Denver and LA Clippers.

Those 3 teams always bully Dallas because the mavs are too small to matchup.

I'd love to roll into the playoffs with Lively, Simmons, DFS, Kyrie and Luka
You wouldn't get that lineup in the playoffs because
1) Kai cant stay healthy
2) Ben Simmons definitely cant stay healthy
3) We wouldnt make the playoffs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 09:08 AM   #283
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Saw that online chat about the Mavs wanting Miles Bridges over PJ Washington.

Miles is averaging 23/8/3.5 on 49/41 shooting for the month of January.

He would certainly add to their anti-women org.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 10:53 AM   #284
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

6 days

Hopefully three more games with this squad:

Bucks
76ers without Embiid
Nets

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-02-2024 at 11:29 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:00 PM   #285
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
6 days

Hopefully three more games with this squad:

Bucks
76ers without Embiid
Nets
Paul Reed will feast on our defense

Bucks and Doc with a lot of pressure after starting 0-2. What better way to get back into a groove than to play the mavs.

2-1 would be great, but 1-2 is likely imo
Old 02-02-2024, 12:36 PM   #286
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
1) Kai cant stay healthy
This is silly.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:38 PM   #287
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm still on the Kuzma/Gafford train...though I do understand the 3rd ballhandler. But getting those two and hoping on Kyrie/Exum health would be a formidable roster and really have a chance.

Rebounding. All I want is rebounding. Anything else is gravy.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:41 PM   #288
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
This is silly.
No one has ever gone broke betting against Simmons

But you?re probably right that missing the play in would be a stretch. 3.5 games ahead of the Rockets for 11th and the Rockets have been horse shit. We had a losing record in January and the Rockets were even worse. We could go 8-28 the rest of the season and still not catch them.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:40 PM   #289
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm still on the Kuzma/Gafford train...though I do understand the 3rd ballhandler. But getting those two and hoping on Kyrie/Exum health would be a formidable roster and really have a chance.

Rebounding. All I want is rebounding. Anything else is gravy.
This would be a home run. Just need to keep Lively (and i hope omax)
Old 02-02-2024, 02:11 PM   #290
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is silly.
Pfft. How is this silly?

Old 02-02-2024, 03:11 PM   #291
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will bust a fn spring if we end up with DFS. Lol.
Hey SMCCCC...

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/s...07454804005269

Old 02-02-2024, 03:51 PM   #292
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
1) Kai cant stay healthy
I get the injury concerns but I don't think kyrie would sit potential playoff games with minor injuries he has now.

I think the mavs are just content to let him be 100%

Also I believe simmons would perform outstanding here as that 3rd ball handler and switchable defensive big.

Bradley Beal stayed injured a lot to but sometimes you have to roll that dice.

I just love the combination of Lively, Simmons and DFS up front together. Chances are it'll never happen by trade but if it did I think the mavs would become a better team overall with that type of size added
Old 02-02-2024, 03:53 PM   #293
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Man I hope they pull the trigger and get either Ben or Royce along with him.
Old 02-02-2024, 04:26 PM   #294
Melonhead
Guru

Boy I cant wait to get DFS back and continue to be the definition of mid.

DFS is 2nd in the league in guys that avg over 25 min but have less than 10/5/3. His defense has taken a downward trajectory, its really just vibes and luka's friend.

Also on that list is Josh Green at 3rd, and Grant Williams at 5th.

We have too many heavy minutes guys that do not produce. (I know its kind of an arbitrary list with the 3 assists tacked on, but i think the truth is somewhere in there)

Last edited by Melonhead; 02-02-2024 at 04:31 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 04:46 PM   #295
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Lolol. Oh fvck me. The comment section is solid though.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:09 PM   #296
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

NBACentral is the single worst source on social media. Literally the worst.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:10 PM   #297
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Pfft. How is this silly?
You're being silly and you know it, silly.

Two hypo's which are decently supported, but even without those two, this is a play-in team. I'm just messing around, really. More twiddling my thumbs waiting for some kind of move.

Iztok seems to imply the Mavs might dabble in the 2nd tier of trading and leave a path forward to unlock 3 FRPs to manage the roster. That would mean no trading of the 1 we have now and utilize players and second rounders.

Mentions Tari Eason, Deni Advija, and Andrew Wiggins as potential targets in that line of thinking.

I would understand it, but it would be frustrating to watch another year of Luka down the drain. I mean, I could see the health all aligning with a huuuuge IF attached.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:22 PM   #298
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
You're being silly and you know it, silly.

Two hypo's which are decently supported, but even without those two, this is a play-in team. I'm just messing around, really. More twiddling my thumbs waiting for some kind of move.

Iztok seems to imply the Mavs might dabble in the 2nd tier of trading and leave a path forward to unlock 3 FRPs to manage the roster. That would mean no trading of the 1 we have now and utilize players and second rounders.

Mentions Tari Eason, Deni Advija, and Andrew Wiggins as potential targets in that line of thinking.

I would understand it, but it would be frustrating to watch another year of Luka down the drain. I mean, I could see the health all aligning with a huuuuge IF attached.
I'm honestly not sure if we are a play in team if Kai doesnt come back and stay back.

In a fantasy world where Kai and Ben Simmons were healthy from now to the rest of the season, I think we jump WAY up the standings and actually are fringe contenders. BS would be a great fit here IMO.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:28 PM   #299
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a report Mavs are willing to offer ?multiple draft assets? for DFS. You fucking serious? Going to blow what little assets they have on him.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 05:37 PM   #300
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I saw a report Mavs are willing to offer ?multiple draft assets? for DFS. You fucking serious? Going to blow what little assets they have on him.
DFS for Cuban straight up.

Old 02-02-2024, 07:52 PM   #301
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Looking like Miles Bridges might be going to Phoenix. Dunno how the f they'll make that happen, but it's not good if they do.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:07 PM   #302
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Looking like Miles Bridges might be going to Phoenix. Dunno how the f they'll make that happen, but it's not good if they do.
I think they do something like this by having a remote understanding of what their team is, and what their team needs.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:19 PM   #303
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I think they do something like this by having a remote understanding of what their team is, and what their team needs.
But we need rebounding so it's best we get an over 25 mpg player that averages less than 10 ppg.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:50 PM   #304
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
But we need rebounding so it's best we get an over 25 mpg player that averages less than 10 ppg.
Well, as long as we give up a cpl frps to get this unicorn you speak of, im fine with it.

Old 02-02-2024, 10:27 PM   #305
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

It?s amazing how bad Cuban has been at building rosters since he took over, and this new ownership group decided to keep him on just for roster management. Unreal
Old 02-03-2024, 10:10 AM   #306
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Five days
Old 02-03-2024, 10:42 AM   #307
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
It?s amazing how bad Cuban has been at building rosters since he took over, and this new ownership group decided to keep him on just for roster management. Unreal
Id love to see Cuban fvck off outta Dallas. Tbqfh. I cant stand that doucher

Old 02-03-2024, 12:49 PM   #308
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Look how quick New York built around Jalen. Got OG during year 2 and now they?re 1 game out of the 2nd seed.
Old 02-03-2024, 12:57 PM   #309
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Look how quick New York built around Jalen. Got OG during year 2 and now they?re 1 game out of the 2nd seed.
Mavs are in a bind with assets. Only have one first to trade until we convey this summer and Green/Hardy/Omax don't have enough value. That, or the FO won't trade them.

Nobody wants THJ.

Nico has made a splash at the deadlines, but I'm not seeing the move here. There are too many needy buyers. Prices likely won't be worth it.

Part of me hopes we don't make a trade to put more pressure on Kidd getting fired. We're going nowhere with him as coach.

Old 02-03-2024, 01:52 PM   #310
Melonhead
Guru

Didn?t the bucks fire Kidd mid year? Or am I dreaming lol.

Unless they?re getting Kuzma and/or Gafford, might as well wait til the pick conveys then they?ll have multiple first rounders in the off-season. I?d take PJ for cheap don?t want to have to give up a first.

Unrelated but it?s really unfortunate Exum is running into the same injury problems that plagued him years ago. He brings a dynamic we don?t have when with Kyrie nursing his thumbnail
Old 02-03-2024, 03:06 PM   #311
Melonhead
Guru

Being reported by hpbasketball (legit writer) that Mavs received multiple offers for THJ for 3 first round picks.

I assume they?re years down the road and probably from contenders making the picks not as enticing.

Or it?s a complete bullshit headline.
Old 02-03-2024, 04:33 PM   #312
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Being reported by hpbasketball (legit writer) that Mavs received multiple offers for THJ for 3 first round picks.

I assume they?re years down the road and probably from contenders making the picks not as enticing.

HPbasketball immediately refuted it and said ?not even close? lmao
Old 02-03-2024, 06:17 PM   #313
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

LaVine to have season ending surgery. Gotta believe the Bulls start selling like drunken sailors. Some combination of DeRozan, Vucevic, Caruso, and Drummond will likely be traded before the deadline. There will be fierce competition.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:30 PM   #314
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

I also saw some bs about 5 firsts for Green.

Sure Jan.

Old 02-03-2024, 07:57 PM   #315
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Drummond is expiring. I bet he?d be pretty cheap.
Old 02-04-2024, 09:14 PM   #316
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Avdija is who we should be going for over Kuzma.

Old 02-04-2024, 11:48 PM   #317
BPo001
Diamond Member

There were some fresh rumbles circulating this weekend about the Clippers, despite their own limited trade optionality, registering interest in Charlotte?s P.J. Washington. League sources also say that the Hornets have designs on pursuing Josh Green from Dallas if P.J. Washington talks with the Mavericks go anywhere. ? via marcstein.substack.com
Old 02-05-2024, 04:30 AM   #318
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There were some fresh rumbles circulating this weekend about the Clippers, despite their own limited trade optionality, registering interest in Charlotte?s P.J. Washington. League sources also say that the Hornets have designs on pursuing Josh Green from Dallas if P.J. Washington talks with the Mavericks go anywhere. ? via marcstein.substack.com
I still say Green/William's for PJ/Richard's makes sense for both sides.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 08:32 AM   #319
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm pretty meh on a Green for Washington deal. Saw some mocks where we give them seconds too. Hell no. 10 win teams don't get to be in the driver's seat. Green for Washington is fair straight up...although I'm not sure I do it.

Old 02-05-2024, 10:23 AM   #320
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
I'm pretty meh on a Green for Washington deal. Saw some mocks where we give them seconds too. Hell no. 10 win teams don't get to be in the driver's seat. Green for Washington is fair straight up...although I'm not sure I do it.
I'd do that. He's bigger especially with the wingspan, can defend, can rebound (better than anyone not named luka and lively). Little more up and down than I'd like but thats why he's gettable. Put up 43 on the jazz, Green will never. Although Green's corner 3 has seemed to come along.