Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #281
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. He was a very large reason that the movie sucked. Not quite as much as the writers but it was close.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2006, 12:58 AM   #282
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Lost season 1

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:47 AM   #283
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Tonight, I watched Ingmar Bergman's "Virgin Spring." This film doesn't get as much pub as other Bergman films such as "The Seventh Seal," "Wild Strawberries," or "Persona," but it's pretty much flawless. The plot is rather simplistic, so much so that doing so would ruin the plot for those who want to see it. It is essentially a story of a Christian family in the Middle Ages, and the conflicts between the burgeoning Christian faith and the paganism still ruling at the time. Max von Sydow (you may know him from Minority Report) was fantastic, as was the rest of the cast. One of the better movies I've seen in a long time.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #284
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Watched Prozac Nation last night. We need to re-open the underrated movie thread, b/c this movie is easily the most untalked about good movie i've ever seen.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #285
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Never seen Prozac Nation, but I remember hearing bad reviews. A movie being made from a really popular novel, and then ending up being released straight to DVD, usually doesn't indicate good things.

I watched The Apartment last night. Solid, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I far preferred Some Like It Hot.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #286
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The movie was pretty solid. Christina Ricci and Jessica Lange did really good acting jobs. The only downer about this movie was probably Jason Biggs. Maybe it's because i've seen the American Pies, Losers, Saving Silvermans before this, but he shouldn't be doing any dramas. He seemed dull and emotionless (if that's a word) in all but maybe one of his scenes; and his role in this movie was too important to mess up.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 06-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #287
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Watched "The New World" (or a part of it, rather).

Awful...simply awful. I wanted to beat myself to death with my DVD player. Zero plot, horrible dialogue.

Also watched "Garfield". Eh...disappointing, especially since I was a big fan of the comic.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #288
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Running Scared
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #289
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Cry Wolf because it was on cable yesterday and i was bored. You can imagine my suprise when it turned out to be a good movie. I would imagine that it was largely due to low expectations but i thought it was thoroughly enjoyable. Some of the acting was bad but overall i thought it was pretty well written and a solid semi horror/suspense movie.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #290
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

"Children of Paradise" - Awesome love story. I hadn't really heard of this movie before randomly finding it on Netflix, but it deserves to be considered as one of the top films ever made.

"Forbidden Games" - Solid film about the innocence of children during the ravages of war.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #291
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I recently watched:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith
King Kong
Bourne Identity

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #292
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Cause it's a long way
To the top
If you wanna rock'n'roll!

School of Rock. I nearly didn't watch this upon hearing what it was about...... thanks showtime free preview weekend!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #293
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Roger Dodger--Very underrated film. Campbell Scott is probalby one of the best lesser-known actors today. Hope he continues to put out quality stuff.

Mala Educación--Almodovar on the downswing. Too shaggy dog a story. Grossly annoyed that the distributor saw fit to digitally censor some of the film.

Shopgirl--Bland. I always think of Steve Martin as some kind of genuis until I see him in a film.

Capote--not better the 2nd time, but more appreciaton for PSH's Best Actor performance.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 07-13-2006 at 10:56 AM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #294
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Cause it's a long way
To the top
If you wanna rock'n'roll!

School of Rock. I nearly didn't watch this upon hearing what it was about...... thanks showtime free preview weekend!

Kind of the same story for me. I 1st saw it a year ago after i forgot the movie even existed. I was hanging out at my aunt's and she was watching it. It was funnier than i thought it would be. Sarah Silverman looks really good.

~The Salesman
Old 07-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #295
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

school of rock is great. but if you don't like jack black, you won't like it. But he's great interacting with the kids.

i've been watching Band of Brothers. read the book over vacation, and went out and bought the set. great stuff. so far, the best episode is the one directed by hanks (crossroads).
Old 08-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #296
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

World's Fastest Indian

This movie is a jewel in the rough.

Last edited by Nemesis; 08-06-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #297
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
school of rock is great. but if you don't like jack black, you won't like it. But he's great interacting with the kids.

i've been watching Band of Brothers. read the book over vacation, and went out and bought the set. great stuff. so far, the best episode is the one directed by hanks (crossroads).
I've heard that Band of Brothers is very good, but I haven't watched it yet.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #298
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

V for Vendetta. I haven't been this entertained by a movie in a while.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #299
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

16 blocks

eh....
Old 08-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #300
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
V for Vendetta. I haven't been this entertained by a movie in a while.

That's funny. This is the other movie I rented this weekend. Wasn't as impressed with this one. The parallels were just to obvious and weak.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #301
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

"Sword of the Beast" was one of the better samurai flicks I've seen in a while.

I might finally get around to watching Melville's "Bob Le Flambeur" tonight.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #302
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

got some DVDs on sale at best buy today...

T2, black hawk down, stand by me, american psycho, and, um... dirty dancing
Old 08-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #303
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Bob Le Flambeur was pretty badass. Great heist flick made in the 1950s. Melville decided to use lots of wipes to transition, which was pretty annoying (particularly one jarring vertical wipe), but it wasn't enough to ruin what was an incredible film.

I've also been catching up on my Peter Krause TV shows, watching the Sports Night DVDs and the Season 1 Six Feet Under DVD.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #304
Nash13
Diamond Member

Watched Stephen King's Sleepwalkers on encore. It was so awful, it just made me laugh. A guy needing to eat virgins and having sex with his mother? Silly, silly movie.

~The Salesman
Old 08-07-2006, 01:41 AM   #305
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Grandma's Boy
Cheech and Chong 1-4
The Benchwarmers (cant get enough of Jon Heder, whatta character!)
V for Vendetta

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 08-07-2006 at 01:42 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #306
Five-ofan
Guru

Watched talledega nights friday, easily the best will ferrel movie.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #307
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wolf creek

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #308
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Watched talledega nights friday, easily the best will ferrel movie.
if you even half way like funny movies....you'll love this!

Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #309
Five-ofan
Guru

That movie was comedy gold. Its not amazing cinema or anything obviously but Im not sure ive ever been more entertained at a movie.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #310
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

saw pirates 2 the other day. decent, a little long, though. but didn't get me the same way as the first one. i loved the first one.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #311
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Went to see "Little Miss Sunshine" tonight. It was probably the best movie I have seen in theaters since "Brokeback Mountain." (Though I know that comparison won't win me any fans here.)

It was an amazing mix of comedy and drama, and it certainly conveyed true familial dysfunction. The cinematography was excellent, the score was excellent, Carrell, Kinnear, and Collete were all excellent. Check this film out, please.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:22 AM   #312
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
The Benchwarmers (cant get enough of Jon Heder, whatta character!)
I recently saw this one too. I found it hilarious, and it actually had a decent message buried underneath all the crude humor.

I also recently saw Dreamer. It was a decent movie about a horse that breaks it's leg to where it won't ever be able to race again. Some guy buys him and trains him up and it ends up winning the Breeder's Cup. Pretty decent movie even though it was predictable.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #313
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Went to see "Little Miss Sunshine" tonight. It was probably the best movie I have seen in theaters since "Brokeback Mountain." (Though I know that comparison won't win me any fans here.)
What kind of theater did you see it in? (are you around Dallas?)

--------

My DVD player- 24:Season 3. Jack Bauer is a bad ass....
Old 08-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #314
Nash13
Diamond Member

Watched Road to Perdition last night. Good all the way through.

~The Salesman
Old 08-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #315
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Alfie

Finally saw it, great movie.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #316
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
What kind of theater did you see it in? (are you around Dallas?)

--------

Angelika in Plano.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:19 AM   #317
Nash13
Diamond Member

Pulse

literally, the only two good things about this movie is Christina Milian and Kristen Bell. Don't see it, i promise you'll be disappointed.

~The Salesman
Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #318
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Spaced Out

BEST MOVIE EVER
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #319
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Angelika in Plano.
Ahh thank you. Been trying to find it....
Old 08-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #320
Nemesis
Diamond Member

We didn't get Brokeback in Bryan, TX until it was almost on DVD!! We now have a Premiere Theatre and a Cinemark yet they can't get the indies fast enough. So, I am a little disappointed that I might not get to see Sunshine or Half Nelson until DVD.

Last edited by Nemesis; 08-15-2006 at 10:32 PM.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?