Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #281
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

lol apparently dodger/laker fans were asking cuban to buy the dodgers
Old 05-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #282
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"When Dirk takes one-legged shots, his foot is planted on L.A.'s collective throat." -- Ethan Sherwood Strauss, HoopSpeak
Nice...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #283
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I just woke up from a nap.

Yep, I'm still high.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #284
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Not sure why, man. I'm totally on cloud 9. This is the first time since before the Golden State series that I've felt like the Mavs have a legitimate shot at making the finals.

In all honesty I feel much more comfortable with a 2-0 lead against this Lakers team than I did against Portland. This is not a young, hungry, passionate team we're dealing with. These Lakers look flat-out demoralized and dejected. Sure I'm not counting them out yet, but seriously, how can you not feel great right now?
I said I would feel better with a 2 game difference, but still after the delirium of yesterday, the Bynum complaint, the Artest suspension, cautious optimism. I think our guys have to see it the same way, Friday's another game, regardless, one game at a time.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #285
Skeme99

Skeme99 will become famous soon enough

So did Skip Brainless eat crow? Anyone have a link?
Skeme99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #286
lancer

lancer is on a distinguished road

Learning from my experience as a hard core Mav's fan over the past decade, the last thing the Mavs or their fans should do is get cocky. I've seen it to many times where it came back and bit them in the ass. Even though most of the sports analysts still aren't giving the Mavs the credit they probably deserve, I'm glad they aren't.

I have always thought the Mav's played better in the underdog role compared to the top dog role. One of the reasons is because people sleep on the Mav's when they are the underdog, just this entire playoffs.

Hopefully they can get this done and Dirk can finally get his ring. For some reason I'm feeling a Finals rematch of Dallas vs. Miami.
lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #287
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeme99 View Post
So did Skip Brainless eat crow? Anyone have a link?
Not really. He still thinks the Lakers have a decent shot to come back. Scoop Jackson won another bet with him that the Mavs would win and go up 2-0 (pretty impressive pick btw). Somehow he also tried to argue that Artest didn't deserve a suspension. I don't even know why I bother to watch him.

http://www.hoopdata.com/blogengine/p...avsLakers.aspx
I thought this article had some interesting facts and views that not many people are talking about. Also, on Bill Simmons' podcast he gives the Mavs more credit than I've heard any of the national media give them.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #288
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Kobe's post-game was really spot on.

Asked about dirk --- "as big a problem that he was, he's the last thing that we are worried about, our pnr coverage has been atrocious".

Then asked about what they can do..."win one game, just win one game".. I thought that he certainly didn't seem like someone panicking.

I'm hoping the mavs don't take these guys for granted because he's right, win one game creates a very different feel out there..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #289
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
ZachLowe_SI
Thou shall worship no god but Dirk.
vor 16 Stunden
And if you want a national writer giving enough credit to Dallas, there's also this from Zach Lowe:
Credit Dallas for pushing Lakers into 0-2 hole
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #290
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the GDT?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #291
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

this is just too good to pass up

http://www.terezowens.com/paus-playo...eakup/#respond

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers are struggling big time…They are down 2-0 to the Mavericks and on the verge of having their threepeat dreams go down in flames…Now I know why… One of their star players has been playing extremely sub-par…We often don’t think athletes personal lives spill over into their work, but it happens just as often as regular folk…Case in point, Lakers Forward Pau Gasol…He’s been playing average at best the last few weeks, and my Lakers source is telling me Pau is in the middle of a bad break up with his girlfriend Silvia Lopez Castro…The Lakers fans have noticed Pau’s lack of energy and hustle…He was booed by the Staples Center crowd for most of the second half last night…My source goes on to say Pau is feeling seriously bad over Silvia dumping him…He’s not acting like himself and his teammates can see it on the court…It’s gotta sting getting dumped Pau, but getting swept will hurt a lot more. -TO

Last edited by mavs777; 05-06-2011 at 12:59 AM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:01 AM   #292
blocks

blocks is infamous around these parts

I've never seen Kobe or Phil so relaxed and jovial in this situation....Prepare yourselves.

Last edited by blocks; 05-06-2011 at 05:01 AM.
blocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 AM   #293
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
That sounds like a personal problem.
That's definitely possible.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:11 AM   #294
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocks View Post
I've never seen Kobe or Phil so relaxed and jovial in this situation....Prepare yourselves.
They've never been in this situation before, idiot.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #295
blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
They've never been in this situation before, idiot.
This specific situation? Losing the first two at home? No they haven't.

But they have been in situations with their backs to wall and came out champions, a specific situation that the Mavs haven't possibly dealt with.

And drop the name-calling. It's lame.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:53 AM   #296
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
1 post.... Laker fan?

Fine with me, did you not see how relaxed Dirk and Kidd were?

By the way, this is the first time the Lakers have gone down 0-2 at home since 1977. Don't worry.... we'll be prepared.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #297
blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
1 post.... Laker fan?

Fine with me, did you not see how relaxed Dirk and Kidd were?

By the way, this is the first time the Lakers have gone down 0-2 at home since 1977. Don't worry.... we'll be prepared.
Yes, but I'm not trying to troll you guys...Dirk and Kidd are relaxed, they are looking great, this Mavs team is coming together for sure.

But if you wanna throw the stats out there, teams losing the first two at home in a seven-game series actually have a better record than those losing the first two on the road.

Don't underestimate the heart of a champion.

Last edited by blocks; 05-06-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #298
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes, but I'm not trying to troll you guys...Dirk and Kidd are relaxed, they are looking great, this Mavs team is coming together for sure.

But if you wanna throw the stats out there, teams losing the first two at home in a seven-game series actually have a better record than those losing the first two on the road.

The last time the lakers fell behind 0 2 at home in the playoffs the ve got swept.

That been said, i will get extremely nervous if the Mavs lose this game tonight.
I thought (like almost everyone) that the Lakers would beat the Mavs (thought it would be a 4 2) but i still kept getting up at 4.30 am in germany to watch and hope for the unexpected.
I am really surprised that Dallas won both roadgames and it still feels a lil bit like i m dreaming. A very sweet dream of course. : )

ahhhhhh already restless...can t wait until the tip off tonight...
lets get to the conference finals ! go mavericks
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #299
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:

Ya it's 2-1 all time that's not really enough to tell the story.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #300
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Probably my favorite moment of the game (besides that and-1 by Dirk)...

...gotta love DeShawn.

btw:
Took me hours to get that gif under 10 mb...damn those file size restrictions.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-06-2011 at 06:55 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #301
OneLove22

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=133172

LOOOOL
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #302
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Probably my favorite moment of the game (besides that and-1 by Dirk)...

...gotta love DeShawn.

btw:
Took me hours to get that gif under 10 mb...damn those file size restrictions.
deshawn threevensonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #303
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

via hoopspeak.com
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #304
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Fantastic!
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itsoverlakersin6, lakers in 7, temptingbballgods, where's the trolls?, win one game