Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2021, 02:12 PM   #3241
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hearing the S&T that would land Spencer Dinwiddie in Washington, from Brooklyn, could happen as soon as today/tomorrow. It’s expected to be a multi-team trade, possibly expanding across 6-8 different franchises (thus the reason things are taking so long)
Quote:
Chicago & Oklahoma City are two names that I’ve heard connected to trade. BKN most recently requested Deni Avdija + future 1st/2nd round picks from WAS — WAS rebuffed the offer. Hearing Dinwiddie WILL be a Wizard, the avenue is just complicated.
https://twitter.com/RealQuintonMayo/...93895508561928

Wow 6-8 teams possibly?
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2021, 02:13 PM   #3242
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Barry Jackson: Oladipo agrees to deal with Heat, as Shams said. He hopes to play by late December or January or early February, per associate … Can enter free agency again in 11 months –
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:13 PM   #3243
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by BPo001; 08-04-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:16 PM   #3244
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) Mavs don't have cap space. They can make moves to create it, but they're tapped out. They'll be well over the cap after Luka gets his extension too. That is a bomb waiting to drop, but the Mavs are smart to let it be the last piece. Mavs about to go from 92mill to 122 mill. Could be over 141 with Dragic and some creative moves.
I just do not see how this can be. Reddick had a salary of $13M. He is off the books. Mavs traded away JRich for Moses Brown. That should free up around $10M. Melli had a salary of around $3-4M. He is off the books. Mavs brought back THJ for about the same salary as last year, so that is a wash. Bullock is about $10M per and Brown is about $3M(?). It doesn't add up for me that they are tapped out, but rather have about $13M left on the table. Are there cap holds in play? Hard to swallow that the Mavs have no room to sign players while the Lakers are signing anyone and everyone with Westbrick @$44M, LeBron at $41M; and AD at $35M + an assortment of guys to largely undisclosed salaries.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:21 PM   #3245
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
People keep talking about how horrible this FA is, but that list isn't terrible. Can the Mavs move on from Dragic or not? That is the question.
Yeah the narrative has been weird that theres no good FA. Do we need Lebron and KD on the market just to say wow what a FA summer? No.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:28 PM   #3246
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

I like the idea of Buddy but I doubt Mavs will fork over their community leaders to improve the roster.
Yeah aren't you amazed at how much power our community leaders have had within the locker room.

It's like they have a no trade clause or something

Sadly those guys I was referring to can be found and replaced on every other teams bench but for some reason in Dallas they have great value inside the organization.

Maybe they decide at the trade deadline this year that they have seen enough of the same roster (core guys) for the past 3 or 4 years.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:29 PM   #3247
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I just do not see how this can be. Reddick had a salary of $13M. He is off the books. Mavs traded away JRich for Moses Brown. That should free up around $10M. Melli had a salary of around $3-4M. He is off the books. Mavs brought back THJ for about the same salary as last year, so that is a wash. Bullock is about $10M per and Brown is about $3M(?). It doesn't add up for me that they are tapped out, but rather have about $13M left on the table. Are there cap holds in play? Hard to swallow that the Mavs have no room to sign players while the Lakers are signing anyone and everyone with Westbrick @$44M, LeBron at $41M; and AD at $35M + an assortment of guys to largely undisclosed salaries.
Lakers are over the cap and signing everyone to vet minimum or their available exceptions.

We operated over the cap as well so we only signed people with exceptions as well. Pretty sure Boban was vet min.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #3248
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Yahoo Sports top 10 available free agents:

1. Kawhi Leonard - not happening
2. Reggie Jackson - would rather give minutes to Terry
3. Victor Oladipo - resigned with Heat
4. Dennis Schroder - would rather give minutes to Terry
5. Lauri Markkanen - doesn't make sense if you can't move KP
6. Danny Green- sure
7. Kelly Oubre Jr. - would rather give minutes to Green
8. Josh Hart- would rather give minutes to Green and Pels will match any offer
9. Hamidou Diallo - Pistons will match any offer
10. Paul Millsap - sure

I'm all for moving two of Powell/ Brown/ WCS and Burke and replacing them with Millsap and Green.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #3249
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I'm all for moving two of Powell/ Brown/ WCS and Burke and replacing them with Millsap and Green.
Problem is everything needs to be SnT so Sixers or Nuggets would need to want what we give them to match salaries. Or those guys need to take Min contract with us.

And the TPE we have can't be used for guys not currently signed as far as I know. So for instance Philly can't sign Danny Green and trade him to us for our TPE.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:40 PM   #3250
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

And the TPE we have can't be used for guys not currently signed as far as I know. So for instance Philly can't sign Danny Green and trade him to us for our TPE.
Why would that be necessary? We would just sign Green with our TPE. We don't need a trade.

Unless it's been forfeited which I didn't know that, but then it doesn't matter anyway.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #3251
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Why would that be necessary? We would just sign Green with our TPE. We don't need a trade.

Unless it's been forfeited which I didn't know that, but then it doesn't matter anyway.
I had read we couldn't sign a free agent with TPE.
Edit-
After reading rules of TPE it clearly says we can sign someone with it so maybe it was a specific scenario that we couldn't.... Idk.

If that's the case we could just sign a free agent with it.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 08-04-2021 at 02:44 PM. Reason: expansion
Old 08-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #3252
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

You may be right, I just tried reading it and I'm more confused than before I read it. I thought it was an exception that you could sign a player or trade for a player but I could be wrong.

https://cbabreakdown.com/salary-cap-exceptions
Old 08-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #3253
JustJay

You may be right, I just tried reading it and I'm more confused than before I read it. I thought it was an exception that you could sign a player or trade for a player but I could be wrong.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #3254
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

NBA free agency: Five under-the-radar free-agent signings that will prove surprisingly impactful next season
Otto Porter Jr. (Warriors), Patty Mills (Nets) and Rudy Gay (Jazz) were among some of the best value signings

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...l-next-season/

I think Porter will be a surprisingly good pick up for the Warriors
Old 08-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #3255
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Last edited by Dallas41; 08-04-2021 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:47 PM   #3256
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
NBA free agency: Five under-the-radar free-agent signings that will prove surprisingly impactful next season
Otto Porter Jr. (Warriors), Patty Mills (Nets) and Rudy Gay (Jazz) were among some of the best value signings

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...l-next-season/

I think Porter will be a surprisingly good pick up for the Warriors
Uhh yeah I wanted Porter and then he turned down the MLE from someone to take the VETERAN MINIMUM from Golden State. Unreal.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-04-2021 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #3257
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post

Maybe it has to do with over or under the lux cap idk I'm gonna have to look further cuz I want to say we shouldn't be able to use it to sign players but I've read one place where we can and another that we can't.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:09 PM   #3258
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe it has to do with over or under the lux cap idk I'm gonna have to look further cuz I want to say we shouldn't be able to use it to sign players but I've read one place where we can and another that we can't.
It's not possible according to anything I saw in the actual CBA.

I think the confusion with TPE(It's already really really confusing when I read it in the CBA) has to do with bad articles like this-
https://franchisesports.co.uk/nba-tpe-explained/
In there they clearly state you can sign a free agent using the TPE.
Quote:
Aside from trading for a player, the Celtics can also use the TPE to sign someone in the free agency market. Again, the Celtics can split the TPE to sign or trade for two or three players.
Yet on nba.com and in the cba I see nothing about being able to do that. Probably why we have read it both ways.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:17 PM   #3259
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not possible according to anything I saw in the actual CBA.

I think the confusion with TPE(It's already really really confusing when I read it in the CBA) has to do with bad articles like this-
https://franchisesports.co.uk/nba-tpe-explained/
In there they clearly state you can sign a free agent using the TPE.

Yet on nba.com and in the cba I see nothing about being able to do that. Probably why we have read it both ways.
You can't use TPE for free agent. You can't use it in conjunction with another salary to trade for a higher contract either. As in, you can't get a player that has a contract of 20m. And trade the TPE + a 10m contracted player.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 08-04-2021 at 03:25 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #3260
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The Dinwiddie contract will be 3/62. Reasonable. But I have no idea how a 6-8 team trade could work.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:24 PM   #3261
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1...576510468?s=19

https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1...002491392?s=19

I believe we have a whopping 2 mil left. And the TPE(10.9m) which can only be used to trade for someone up to that amount and nothing over. So if a guy contract is 10.9 or under, the TPE is what we used to trade with...basically the TPE is a player with a (10.9m) contract.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #3262
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1...576510468?s=19

https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1...002491392?s=19

I believe we have a whopping 2 mil left. And the TPE(10.9m) which can only be used to trade for someone up to that amount and nothing over. So if a guy contract is 10.9 or under, the TPE is what we used to trade with...basically the TPE is a player with a (10.9m) contract.
THJ's salary was considerably less than the hold, which is shown there
Boban will re-sign for the same as his hold, so his entry doesn't matter

However we can waive Redick's rights, which means we could clear space, but all the moves we've made so far have been as if we're operating over the cap. We'd have to redo everything and do all moves as an under-the-cap team
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:42 PM   #3263
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can't use TPE for free agent. You can't use it in conjunction with another salary to trade for a higher contract either. As in, you can't get a player that has a contract of 20m. And trade the TPE + a 10m contracted player.
That is true. However, the team they played on last season can sign and trade them to us (as long as it's a 3-4 year deal), and we can then absorb them into the TPE, which essentially results in what looks like signing.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-04-2021 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #3264
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Nate Hinton
@thatup_coming14
·
1m
I feel my help coming… Folded hands
Old 08-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #3265
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Nate Hinton
@thatup_coming14
·
1m

Nate Hinton
@thatup_coming14
·
3m
#MFFL

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-04-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #3266
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
That is true. However, the team they played on last season can sign and trade them to us (as long as it's a 3-4 year deal), and we can then absorb them into the TPE, which essentially results in what looks like signing.
Right

Old 08-04-2021, 03:53 PM   #3267
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Nate Hinton
@thatup_coming14
·
1m

Nate Hinton
@thatup_coming14
·
3m
#MFFL
Yea. I think k he posted that 3 or 4 days ago, unless he reposted it. Not sure what it means. But he is a real religious guy so maybe pertains to that

Old 08-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #3268
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Luka might very well need a mentor but he needs a dude who can fucking ball just as much.
Who?

Who was available that would have moved us up a tier? There were just a couple of guys and they chose to play elsewhere

I can't fault the team for the fact that there just wasn't enough talent available this free agency period. That's the reason I would like to see Dragic on the team (or Danny Green), a veteran mentor type
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:27 PM   #3269
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Who?

Who was available that would have moved us up a tier? There were just a couple of guys and they chose to play elsewhere

I can't fault the team for the fact that there just wasn't enough talent available this free agency period. That's the reason I would like to see Dragic on the team (or Danny Green), a veteran mentor type
At this point its about getting assets. We have no trade bait.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:29 PM   #3270
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Yea. I think k he posted that 3 or 4 days ago, unless he reposted it. Not sure what it means. But he is a real religious guy so maybe pertains to that
That was just a few minutes ago. Probably religious, but I'm desperate for some optimismm
Old 08-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #3271
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Timing of all the signings, Bullock and Brown will not count against the cap until they sign. Both were going to be signed via Exceptions, so it's best to sign those 2 after all cap space has been exhausted.

According to Sportrac, we are at about 81 million before THJ's new number, of 16 million, which brings us up to 97 million, with a 112 million dollar cap, that's about 15 million in cap space that basically can be used to sign someone outright.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/cap/

Financially the best thing to do, is fillout the 15 million in cap space left, then we get the exceptions to sign Bullock and brown.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:38 PM   #3272
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Good description on how rigorous the repeater tax is:

GSW tax bill

Before: $184.8M
After: $172.9M

Moving off of $1.8M in salary saves $12M
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...32539522949121

Damn that's brutal... Feel like they should move Wiggins or Green for players making less if possible but that's not easy.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:43 PM   #3273
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Timing of all the signings, Bullock and Brown will not count against the cap until they sign. Both were going to be signed via Exceptions, so it's best to sign those 2 after all cap space has been exhausted.

According to Sportrac, we are at about 81 million before THJ's new number, of 16 million, which brings us up to 97 million, with a 112 million dollar cap, that's about 15 million in cap space that basically can be used to sign someone outright.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/cap/

Financially the best thing to do, is fillout the 15 million in cap space left, then we get the exceptions to sign Bullock and brown.
Those exceptions can't be used if we have cap space. The only exception we have if we renounced all the cap holds is the 2yr 10m exception. So the timing makes no difference in our situation.

I think briefly the Mavs considered under the cap situation which is why Bullock news was that we discussed a SnT option with the Knicks because that is the only way we could obtain him in an under the cap situation.

Edit-
Meaning we can't go under the cap sign THJ and become over the cap then use the exceptions. The exceptions only work if you remain over the cap and don't go under at any given point.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 08-04-2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #3274
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
ESPN Sources: After medical consultation, seven-time All-Star F LaMarcus Aldridge is seriously considering a return to the NBA this season. Aldridge retired with Brooklyn in mid-April with heart concerns, but is exploring the possibility of resuming his 15-year career.
Quote:
Aldridge ultimately needs team medical clearance to sign a contract to play and is expected to have conversations with individual teams in the coming weeks, per sources. Aldridge has yet to make a final decision on playing again.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1423031356414640129
Old 08-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #3275
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

inb4 he becomes a Laker for the minimum.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:54 PM   #3276
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
very odd
Old 08-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #3277
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Wizards are sending a second-round pick and a draft swap to Brooklyn to acquire Spencer Dinwiddie, pairing All-NBA star Bradley Beal and Dinwiddie in the Washington backcourt, sources said.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...40754461650946
Old 08-04-2021, 05:02 PM   #3278
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

That draft swap could be the difference between picking 28+ to borderline lotto with Wiz.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:07 PM   #3279
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
That was just a few minutes ago. Probably religious, but I'm desperate for some optimismm
It was 5 days ago actually.

https://twitter.com/thatup_coming14/...747088389?s=19

He also posted "talent is my testimony" a few times.

No idea what they all mean, but I'm guessing religious/inspirational stuff.

I'm with ya on the optimism

Last edited by SMC0007; 08-04-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:08 PM   #3280
BPo001
Diamond Member

Kristian Winfield: Lauri Markkanen and Kelly Oubre Jr asked for too much money in free agency without the resume to back it up, a league source just told me. The market has cooled significantly on both with most teams out of money. Mavs ($15M) & Hornets ($14.5M) among teams w cap space. –

Tags
jack.kerr aucks